Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,096 members, 7,821,795 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference (8656 Views)

Poll: Who is to blame?

FIFA: 53% (32 votes)
Govt.: 46% (28 votes)
This poll has ended

BREAKING: FIFA Bans Blatter, Platini For Eight Years / FIFA Bans Blatter, Platini / Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by mensdept: 11:31pm On Oct 04, 2010
zapaa:

Thing is am just 16 and i know this

but to see some Grown men not even knowing the rules of FIFA makes me feel 80

Don't mind them. Old age doesnt guarantee wisdom!
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by Alxmyr(m): 11:32pm On Oct 04, 2010
Why didn't fifa dismiss any nff official that collect money from govt to run football?

Govt will pay the piper, and expect some crook to hide under fifa to siphon and embezzle the money.

Fifa should know that we can't use tax payer's money run football and no one is expected to ask questions.

More over, fifa demonstrated its insensitiveness and lack of concern again just as they did when Togolese players were killed. While other sensible world organisations are condoling Nigeria, fifa sanctioned Nigeria,

Useless bunch of old cargoes bereft of ideas.
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by MaziUche0(m): 11:38pm On Oct 04, 2010
Why didn't they ban North Korea?
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by mensdept: 11:44pm On Oct 04, 2010
MaziUche0:

Why didn't they ban North Korea?

Why should they ban North Korea? Even a starving nation like that is organizing their football better than Naija. Are you keeping up with the politicians called NFA/NFF admin?

Alxmyr:

Why didn't fifa dismiss any nff official that collect money from govt to run football?

Govt will pay the piper, and expect some crook to hide under fifa to siphon and embezzle the money.

Fifa should know that we can't use tax payer's money run football and no one is expected to ask questions.

More over, fifa demonstrated its insensitiveness and lack of concern again just as they did when Togolese players were killed. While other sensible world organisations are condoling Nigeria, fifa sanctioned Nigeria,

Useless bunch of old cargoes bereft of ideas.

And what did fellow ECOWAS and WAFU Naija do? At least FIFA has donated to Togo goalkeeper Kodjovi Obilale 25K, which is more than most Africans have donated to him.

I'm sure if Naija was producing good leadership with NFF and that FIFA THEN came in, there would be trouble. But apparently, its bad riddance to rubbish.
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by Ugeh: 11:46pm On Oct 04, 2010
Another made in SWITZERLAND grin grin grin. What do these thick, bald headed numb skull oyibo take us for? angry angry angry. There say we are among the most corrupt countries in the world while the loot is kept in swiss banks yet switzerland is not a corrupt nation we said nothing. Now they have banned us because some Nigerians challenged an election in court without even waiting to hear what another Nigerian court said on that same matter. I can't believe that 9ja has become a country that every Tom, Dick and Blatter can issue "fatuas" without fear. Kai, have they forgotten Gen. Sani  cool . Who be fifa sef?  Is fifa not aware that we are celebrating 50 years of emancipation from COLONIAL rule? That even if we have nothing to show (according to them) the Queen of England CANNOT , I repeat CANNOT tell us what to do again? Talkless PIPA? Kai kai kai. If they want non interference from government, they should as well include "non government funding " in their statutes book. As long as that is yet to be done, he who pays the piper MUST dictate the tune. And EVERY citizen of 9ja has the right to challenge any election ( even National Union of , ) in any 9ja court. Not at the hague!!!!!! If fifa or Sepp Blatter Holding Company want us to take them seriously, they should ban us for the missing hard currency from the broken glass house. They should ban us for wasting national resources to pay for accomodation in an uncompleted building in South Africa. Let they ban the country that arranged a fake National team for a fifa organised friendly ( I know they won't mention that one because no be 9ja dey involved) or better still, BAN SIR ALEX FEGURSON FROM CHEWING BUBBLE GUM DURING FOOTBALL MATCHES. Infact, I think we should join India and form a Cricket+Nollywood  Premier league . FLIPFLAP my foot. I wish they had send their representative to deliver the message at Eagle square, we would have shown them that 9ja is also a member of IAEA.
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by Amhatu(m): 12:05am On Oct 05, 2010
@Ugeh , Well said .  Never mind the agent-provaceters in this forum we know who be naija na!
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by mensdept: 12:07am On Oct 05, 2010
Amhatu:

@Ugeh , Well said . Never mind the agent-provaceters in this form we know who be naija na!

Abi o', Na Sani Lulu and Mazi Uche 4 Naija eh!
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by Amhatu(m): 12:12am On Oct 05, 2010
mens dept:

Abi o', Na Sani Lulu and Mazi Uche 4 Naija eh!

Go And read again. "Quote from: Amhatu on Today at 12:05:45 AM
@Ugeh " For who? Ugeh. Not your quote now who looks foolish.
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by mensdept: 12:17am On Oct 05, 2010
Amhatu:

Go And read again. "Quote from: Amhatu on Today at 12:05:45 AM
@Ugeh " For who? Ugeh. Not your quote now who looks foolish.

What are you saying or trying to say? " Not your quote now looks foolish"?

Uhhhhhh!!! Anyway, you have been BANNED Mista Naija 4 NFF 4 Life! Enjoy
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by Amhatu(m): 12:20am On Oct 05, 2010
mens dept:

What are you saying or trying to say? " Not your quote now looks foolish"?

Uhhhhhh!!! Anyway, you have been BANNED Mista Naija 4 NFF 4 Life! Enjoy

You need to Learn to read no offense. '@Ugeh', means specifically for that forum individual.

Your grievances of the other characters you wrote about was your own idea.
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by Ugeh: 12:32am On Oct 05, 2010
@zapaa
At your age I was forced to be in bed (night out , they called it then)by colonialists who made us believe that the best subject for us was handwriting. But here you are licking the arses of the white dogs who make you believe that you are nothing but a piece of shit. I studied calculus at your age an am an engineer who have challenged the white pigs and shown them how stupid they are at Imperial College. The choice is your to use your own time. You can get a "Toronto University"Bachelor of Science degree in FIFA RULES or an LLB in FIFA LAW. The Nigerian youths are the future of this country, am afraid you are NOT one of them. Your mate just won a GOLD medal today and you are staying awake to post rubbish.  you are a disgrace to your fatherland.
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by estatemark(m): 12:57am On Oct 05, 2010
Can't we have an alternative to FIFA, there should be a way .
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by zapaa: 1:18am On Oct 05, 2010
@ Ugeh

if you call it licking @sses of white dogs

then I have so much pitty for you

even White Countries have been banned for this rule

don`t bring Racism, Paranoia and antique sociology into it if not it shows alot about your "maturity"
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by kcjazz(m): 1:19am On Oct 05, 2010
zapaa:

To Many Idiots here

make me ashamed to be a Nigerian

we Nigerians claim we play football and don`t even know FIFA rules?

according to FIFA rules Gov. must not interfere

but hey, take a lOok at Nigerians dissing FIFA for implementing their own rules

Stupidity Reins in the Blood of most people,
zapaa:

and to those saying the Gov funds, bla blah balh

Gov can fund but not call the shots,

do you see Cancer Fund Dona-tors calling the shots on which Cancer victims not to recieve the money?

Stupidity,

By the way it is donors not dona-tors.
If the Red Cross embezzles money then they will lose their privileges,(remember the issues at the Feed my children and the US senate investigations on churches) same with your cancer research center.
Am not in support of the ban or the Nigerian government activities but FIFA must review the flawed laws and not promote corruption all in the name of football. FIFA knows the road to the government house to seek for funds but its managers are protected from any blame. Let the NFF and FIFA raise their own money and government will not interfere. Until then stop calling people stupid for their opinions
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by Kilode1: 1:21am On Oct 05, 2010
proudly9ja:

Was that not what we wanted to do when we said we were going to withdraw for two years? And what did FIFA do? Threaten us with a further two year ban.

Unfortunately, that decision was made by your government not NFF, hence the BAN threat from FIFA.  Again, It's simple, if you can't follow their rule don't join their Federation.

We can't expect the world to bow down to our incompetencies everytime.
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by mrofficial(m): 1:40am On Oct 05, 2010
We have other leagues that we can see. We even need light to watch the ball. WE F.UCKING NEED ELECTRICITY, Nigerian Leaders! sad sad sad
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by madprof(m): 1:50am On Oct 05, 2010
ezeagu:

If you don't like their organisation, then why are you abusing them when they kicked you out? The sense on this thread is marvellous, imagine people being corrupt as they want and they're surprised when an organisation doesn't want to see the sight of them associated with their name.

Nigerian mentality is the worst.

Ezeagu, you need to read my comments again.
For starters I did not "abuse" FIFA. I have simply refused to ackowledge the false influence & relevance they have conferred on themselves.  Secondly they did not kick us out - it's losers like you who give a shit that feel kicked out. And where is the logic in what you're saying anyway? You're asking why I'm criticizing FIFA if I don't like their organisation, so are you saying I should praise them if I don't like their actions?
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by mykali(m): 1:58am On Oct 05, 2010
Now it's a crime to investigate crime in Nigerian Football

I'm tempted to say ''PHUCK FIFA''. . .but i won't bcuz I know the fault is not theirs. If we had reasonable people managing our football affairs, then this wouldn't have happened in the first place.

I also welcome this ban, so that those baboons handling our Soccer Affairs will sort themselves out. Would rather miss the ANC than have a corrupt NFF for another second.
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by marvix(m): 2:00am On Oct 05, 2010
In my opinion FIFA can not be greater than the govt of any nation.

Is it compulsory we participate, what if FIFA wants us to remain dat way so dat we cant be a threat, just let some idiots keep running the football house in Nigeria.

What did FIFA do abt spotys and NFF officials choosing players, we were not suspended for fielding over aged players but this.

Well we have bomb blasts to contend with, i dont think a wise man would be chasing rats when his roof is on fire!!!
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by Gayigaskia(m): 2:12am On Oct 05, 2010
This is what happens when you have a clueless President. Think about just 2 months ago FIFA forced the President to reverse his decision from the suspension of Nigeria in Football' just to come back and ban us for interference. I saw this coming, and to think that Nigeria has people sitting on the FIFA executive comity is disheartening. When is this country going to learn from anything? This happened before while others are preparing for the next world cup, Nigeria is still trying to learn how to organize the game. it is a pity, so sad.
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by akwaowoudo(m): 2:38am On Oct 05, 2010
What an ugly development.
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by Atonto: 2:56am On Oct 05, 2010
This is just the perfect time for government to overhaul and restructered this broken glass house once and for all, After that, government should just go back and say FIFA "i beg sir", but the job would have been done by then. Shikenah,
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by sulad82i(m): 3:18am On Oct 05, 2010
Nigeria need to sue this fifa rubbish pple and get their balls back.
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by Nobody: 4:33am On Oct 05, 2010
not surprised

AM WAITING TO SEE MORE.

AND ONE QUESTION I WANT TO ASK

WILL THEY BAN NIGERIA PLAYERS TOO FROM PLAYING IN ANY OTHER LEAGUE. (LIKE OSAZE,TAIWO)

HUH?
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by bawomolo(m): 5:09am On Oct 05, 2010
sulad82i:

Nigeria need to sue this fifa rubbish pple and get their balls back.

sue fifa for what? not abiding by rules we AGREED to?
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by proudly9ja(m): 7:16am On Oct 05, 2010
Kilode?!:

Unfortunately, that decision was made by your government not NFF, hence the BAN threat from FIFA.  Again, It's simple, if you can't follow their rule don't join their Federation.

We can't expect the world to bow down to our incompetencies everytime.

How do I break this down for you?
Nigeria said, we don't want to be part of FIFA again (just like you have suggested we do if we can't follow their rule), and FIFA said if you pull out, we will add additional two year ban whenever you decide to join us again. Na by force to join FIFA?

Anyways I believe we have achieved our aim which is to get out of FIFA. Infact this is even better than we hoped. In the beginning we thought we'l go for two years but now if we can clean up our stables in less than two years, Im sure FIFA will accept us back.

So in the end, we still win!
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by proudly9ja(m): 7:28am On Oct 05, 2010

By Patrick Omorodion

Hello Mr Blatter: The decision of FIFA today to suspend Nigeria indefinitely has shown one thing, that is that FIFA is a biased body which condones corruption among its officials from the so-called developing countries. There are only a few Nigerians, if any, who will be sad with the suspension because the people are tired of the incessant threats of ban from your organisation believed to be instigated by some corrupt Nigerians working with your men from Zurich.

I will not be afraid to mention names here. Your member from Nigeria, Amos Adamu should be bold to tell FIFA and Nigerians how he got into FIFA when he was never a football man. Adamu was a government official who benefited from the so-called government interference your are suspending Nigeria for. As director in the Sports ministry, Adamu at a time became sole administrator of the NFA after the board was sacked in the early 90s. Then he did not see it as government interference. As a director, he gradually installed his men into the NFA who compensated him by nominating him for both the CAF and FIFA positions he now enjoys at the expense of the real football people he frustrated. One of such men is the late Patrick Okpomo who was stopped from attending the 1996 Africa Nations Cup in South Africa.

That FIFA has issued Nigeria more threats of ban than any other country in its fold is the handiwork of Adamu who has manipulated and compromised FIFA officials since his ascendancy into the Executive Committee. In which country but Nigeria has FIFA officials become contractors because Nigeria must host its competitions. I want FIFA to swear that its officials never benefited from Nigeria's hosting of the 2009 FIFA U-17 World Cup. When our late president, Alhaji Umaru Yar'Adua canceled the hosting of the event because of the fraudulent inflation of the money required to the tune N37 billion, what did FIFA say of the intent to steal Nigeria's money in the name of hosting a kindergarten event which European nations host with Secondary schools facilities.

When some NFA officials stole the association's $236,000, what did FIFA say, when the NFA booked a hotel not approved by FIFA for the 2010 World Cup, what was FIFA's reaction? Nigerians cried out that our U-17 team fielded an overaged captain for the 2009 event, FIFA playing to the scvript of its Nigerian accomplice, waved it aside, helping in the ruination of the development of our youth football. There was a reported case of World Cup ticket racketeering in 2006 by its official in Nigeria, FIFA turned blind eyes but found it easy to deal with another member, Bhamjee of Botswana implicated in the same case. FIFA should swear it was not bribed by its Nigerian accomplice.

FIFA and CAF have always ran to Nigeria to help host one championship or another mainly for what their members stand to gain by the hosting and not for football development. During these times, they never bothered about government interference. What FIFA has demonstrated from this suspension, is that the sovereignty of our country is not important to it, that is that we should disobey the laws of our land and respect only FIFA statutes. I want to ask, will FIFA do the same thing in Switzerland where it has its headquarters, asking its officials not to obey the Swiss laws? If the answer is no, I then ask why the double standard when it comes to Nigeria, where the government spends over 90 percent of the funds used in running football.

Has FIFA bothered to ask what NFA has done with all the millions of dollars it receives from it for the development of football in Nigeria? It's sad that FIFA is being run like a cult since you assumed leadership of the body. It was not so during the tenure of your predecessor, Joao Havelange.

In the events leading to the election which a Nigerian court stopped, one of the revered footballers from Nigeria, nay Africa, Segun Odegbami wrote a petition to FIFA, complaining of the illegality of the whole process, but FIFA turned blind eyes. In 2006, your Nigerian member, Adamu, using the might of government with the tacit approval of FIFA secretary general then, Urs Linsi truncated the election of Alhaji Ibrahim Galadima and installed his stooge, Sani Lulu Abdullahi and FIFA endorsed it. In 2010, when the same method was used to remove those who are being investigated for financial fraud, your Nigerian member, because the process will not benefit him, has instigated you to suspend Nigeria from all football activities till further notice. If this suspension will help us sanitise our football system and remove the clogs in the wheel of our football progress, it is highly welcome. Nigerians say, to hell with FIFA. Our laws, like that of Switzerland where you hail from, are superior to FIFA's. Thank you for taking pains to read this letter
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by 2makesense: 8:02am On Oct 05, 2010
am not surprised!, i think the ban would have been placed before now. sad
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by princekevo(m): 8:04am On Oct 05, 2010
Men we are really in a deep shit!!! We are talking about a twin bomb blast from from Evil IBB and his people, here again the same IBB has bribed FIFA to ban Nigerian from football. What an evil genuis?

Stu.pid Nigerians, I dont know when you guys should start taking responsibility for your failed state. Even France and almighty England was threatened with ban by FIFA if their givernment failed to stop interfering in their FA bodies. Here we are, instead of blame our messed up NFF we are blaming FIFA for applying their rules. Maybe the dumb follows we have in Nigeria thought FIFA should adapt to those shits from our government jst as they have fully adapted to the same shits.
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by basking4me: 8:19am On Oct 05, 2010
This again brings to fore the need for government to totally hands off sponsoring football or any other sports for that matter.

If FIFA is so interested in Nigerian football matters, then it should sponsor the sports in Nigeria, but so far as the piper(NFF) still gets paid by the dictator(Ministry of sports), the statusque remains.

I am a strong advocate for free enterprise and privatization,

The licking bucket and drain pipe of Nigerian Economy is Government and it pisses me off big time!
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by UNLEASHED(m): 8:35am On Oct 05, 2010
Old news or fresh?
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by otokx(m): 8:50am On Oct 05, 2010
Its a good thing FIFA has banned us, all those money flowing into the NFF were being squandered by some politicians hence the depreciation of the sport at all levels. FIFA cannot say government should not interfere and then allow government to pump money into the sport. This opportunity can be used to face better things and groom a new national team - a real new and potent force.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Read Complete Sport Newspaper For Free...updated Daily / I Won’t Pay Fine - John Obi Mikel / Week 15 Uk Football Pool Fixtures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.