Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,341 members, 7,822,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

In A Quagmire Here. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / In A Quagmire Here. (1918 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

In A Quagmire Here. by CsRockefeller(m): 7:53pm On Jun 18, 2019
2 Quick things.

1. I have been friends with this girl/lady since 2016, because of school, NYSC and distance we haven't seen that much, though we talk once in a while. I was supposed to officially ask her out this weekend, to kick start the relationship. So, I decided that we should talk about sex, because she never even by chance says anything sexual or romantic. I went first, that I have never had sex, though use to do the other stuff (I didn't let her know).

I asked about hers, I was shocked when she told me she lost her virginity @19 during her first relationship, I couldn't believe it, this is a girl that is always about church at Winners, always avoiding dirty topics. Went on to press if she was a committed xtain when this happened, she said yes. I wasn't convinced, so I asked her if d guy manipulated her to sleep with her, she said she gave it to him freely. I was flabbergasted, really!, I said to myself, this girl that I thought was "Virgin Mary" you can be dis liberal.

I didn't want to press any further because she was beginning to feel sorry and embarrassed. She went on to ask me if sex will be required in our relationship, that if I date her, will i request for sex, I asked her what she wants, she said she wants to keep herself till her weeding night, more like secondary abstinence. I didn't say anything. She quickly went offline, its 2 days now, her no has been switched off, she isnt online neither.

I'm wondering if I scared her. Sincerely, all these while, I thought she was a virgin and probably that's d reason I still maintained d frienship. But now, I'm having doubts. Ny the way, I'm not even interested in having sex with her.

2. I stayed with a family friend after my service early this year, in the house was this Unilag 100l girl staying with them. She is 19yrs old, I really liked her but didn't let her know. Her phone was so bad that I had to get one small phone for her worth 5k, her parents are actually not strong financially. I left the house in March and decided not to use my advantage to get d girl, so I stop communicating with her.

Recently, She contacted me, that it has been a long time, actually, I really like her and have missed her but wanted her to concentrate on her studies. She complained that d charging point of d phone I bought for her is faulty and that she is looking for any job she can while she schools.

In her own words, she said "I need money". So, we began talking, found out that her Dad gave her 10k a month and she needs 20k every month to meet her needs effectively. She is a young and beautiful girl, so I was scared what she can become if she falls in d wrong hand, I stylishly asked her if she has a BF, she said no. So, I went on to promise her that I will get a small 2nd hand phone for her soon, and that I will support her with 5k every month while she is in school.

Right now, I'm trying to see if she can't get a holiday job. At d same time, I'm thinking is this not a bad idea? Someone u are not dating, you want to buy her a phone and place her on a monthly stipends. At the same time, I like her and want to ask her out, but I'm thinking she is just interested in me helping her financially.

I don't feel like getting d phone again, especially since we are not dating and she remembered me because d old phone is bad.

But I like her though.

These 2 incidents happened consecutively.

The first one happened like Sunday, while d 2nd happened on Monday.

1 Like

Re: In A Quagmire Here. by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jun 18, 2019
Sister don see mumu. grin

1 Like

Re: In A Quagmire Here. by Okuda(m): 8:05pm On Jun 18, 2019
loool. hustle o make you no confuse if girl like you or not

6 Likes

Re: In A Quagmire Here. by dingbang(m): 8:16pm On Jun 18, 2019
Erediauwa:
lmao..
Re: In A Quagmire Here. by MasonKendall(m): 8:20pm On Jun 18, 2019
In Ajebo's voice

Why you too dey like this?
Re: In A Quagmire Here. by CsRockefeller(m): 8:21pm On Jun 18, 2019
Erediauwa:

Just like Buhari promised us in 2015 and 2019? That makes u a mumu.

In my case just like Buhari, I only promised. tongue
Re: In A Quagmire Here. by Josephilemona(m): 8:22pm On Jun 18, 2019
it's ok to assist, but don't expect anything in return else you get disappointed.

3 Likes

Re: In A Quagmire Here. by CsRockefeller(m): 8:24pm On Jun 18, 2019
Josephilemona:
it's ok to assist, but don't expect anything in return else you get disappointed.

Thanks Bro.
Re: In A Quagmire Here. by MJBOLT: 8:24pm On Jun 18, 2019
all these girls are manipulating you,the second one will turn you to father christmas,
Re: In A Quagmire Here. by CsRockefeller(m): 8:28pm On Jun 18, 2019
MJBOLT:
all these girls are manipulating you,the second one will turn you to father christmas,

How do I cancel my earlier promise?
Re: In A Quagmire Here. by MJBOLT: 8:32pm On Jun 18, 2019
tell her one story about how you had bad investments or yahoo boys wiped your account,i'm sure she wont even bother you again

CsRockefeller:

How do I cancel my earlier promise?
Re: In A Quagmire Here. by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jun 18, 2019
See as this one's brain dey roast on top girls matter .

Re: In A Quagmire Here. by CsRockefeller(m): 8:39pm On Jun 18, 2019
MariaLavina:
See as this one's brain dey roast on top girls matter .

If we check now, people like you have done far worse in d name of love. tongue
Re: In A Quagmire Here. by CsRockefeller(m): 8:41pm On Jun 18, 2019
MJBOLT:
tell her one story about how you had bad investments or yahoo boys wiped your account,i'm sure she wont even bother you again

Don't know why it always feels like you write from the right to left.

I like it though. Its different and unique. smiley
Re: In A Quagmire Here. by Callertunez: 8:42pm On Jun 18, 2019
Which kind wahala be this

Re: In A Quagmire Here. by daddytime(m): 8:48pm On Jun 18, 2019
Hmm
Re: In A Quagmire Here. by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jun 18, 2019
If you ask the first one well, you would be shock she had 5 other guys she had had sex with, the fifth one is currently giving her head on a daily.

None of those ladies have any feeling for you, dude leave them alone.

I pity you be forming Holy ghost there, they will finish you.

1 Like

Re: In A Quagmire Here. by Apeshy101(m): 10:46pm On Jun 18, 2019

Dear op,

1. The first girl must have been a bad girl and must have made lots of mistakes that she is trying to retrace.
She was open to you about her past, don't use it against cuz you wouldn't have known if she kept it to herself.
About the no se.x shit, it's up to you to decide wether you can or cannot ( that she is not virgin doesn't mean she can't abstain).
But as for me, I cant have a girlfriend I'm not bleeping.

2. About the second girl, placing her on a monthly stipend is a no no, but you can offer some financial gestures from time to time.

That you are not dating her doesn't mean you Can't help her if you can.

But never use it as a bait to get her into any relationship you.

3 Likes

Re: In A Quagmire Here. by Adebowhales(m): 11:03pm On Jun 18, 2019
[center]the chance that the first Lady is just friend zoning you is damn high. The 2nd Bae, it's more like you always feel pity for her due to her parents not being well to do. Free the first girl. Start dating the 2nd lady and see that she's just using you as Maga. Iffai hear Unilag girl with no BF[/center]
Re: In A Quagmire Here. by Adebowhales(m): 11:04pm On Jun 18, 2019
the chance that the first Lady is just friend zoning you is damn high. The 2nd Bae, it's more like you always feel pity for her due to her parents not being well to do. Free the first girl. Start dating the 2nd lady and see that she's just using you as Maga. Iffai hear Unilag girl with no BF[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

1 Like

Re: In A Quagmire Here. by generationz(f): 11:40pm On Jun 18, 2019
@op for the first case , it is quite difficult to judge based on the few things you said about her if she is girlfriend worthy or not. Usually , observations like this on nairaland are usually one sided and don't throw enough light on the personality involved

It is very posssible for a man or lady to stay celibate till marriage.
Maybe the person didn't know a thing or two like they know now. Some people decide to get closer to God ( I mean fasting and prayer) and decide to stay away from premarital sex till they marry. I know men who did this( you know men don't lie about this things ) so if a guy can do it women too can definitely.

However knowing whether she will be faithful to you or not is definitely up to you, we can't judge the situation because we don't know her heart and we are not prophets .

It would take a lot of trust , communication and commitment to keep the relationship especially during this internet age .

As for the second girl if you want to help her don't give her monthly stipends. It might go a long way but after a while it still won't be enough. Instead empower her and watch her.

Students can use as low as 10k to sell eggs,pure water, beverages, sanitary towel and other necessities within the hostels.

If she's tall enough she can work as an usher . School is the best place to start a business ,fail at it , horn your skills and be set for life.
Re: In A Quagmire Here. by generationz(f): 11:45pm On Jun 18, 2019
Amakavula:
If you ask the first one well, you would be shock she had 5 other guys she had had sex with, the fifth one is currently giving her head on a daily.

None of those ladies have any feeling for you, dude leave them alone.

I pity you be forming Holy ghost there, they will finish you.

So,are you saying a lady can't be celibate after loosing her virginity?

1 Like

Re: In A Quagmire Here. by finalboss(m): 11:49pm On Jun 18, 2019
sad lazy, can someone summarize that please lipsrsealed
Re: In A Quagmire Here. by CsRockefeller(m): 11:59pm On Jun 18, 2019
generationz:
@op for the first case , it is quite difficult to judge based on the few things you said about her if she is girlfriend worthy or not. Usually , observations like this on nairaland are usually one sided and don't throw enough light on the personality involved

It is very posssible for a man or lady to stay celibate till marriage.
Maybe the person didn't know a thing or two like they know now. Some people decide to get closer to God ( I mean fasting and prayer) and decide to stay away from premarital sex till they marry. I know men who did this( you know men don't lie about this things ) so if a guy can do it women too can definitely.

However knowing whether she will be faithful to you or not is definitely up to you, we can't judge the situation because we don't know her heart and we are not prophets .

It would take a lot of trust , communication and commitment to keep the relationship especially during this internet age .

As for the second girl if you want to help her don't give her monthly stipends. It might go a long way but after a while it still won't be enough. Instead empower her and watch her.

Students can use as low as 10k to sell eggs,pure water, beverages, sanitary towel and other necessities within the hostels.

If she's tall enough she can work as an usher . School is the best place to start a business ,fail at it , horn your skills and be set for life.

Let me be very honest with you and everyone here.

I don't give a hoot, whether she is a virgin or not as long as its in her past. She is a very nice girl one who can be trusted.

However, my concern is with her Life goals, she is about 23, a hair dresser, her mum is late, her Dad is somewhere in Cotonou, her brothers are in Abeokuta, only her stays at Ota.

Right now, there is no plan for her to go to school, not even NCE or OND, she is fending for herself, which is very noble, but, I don't want to shoulder any heavy responsibility right now, If in d next 3 years, I want to settle down, where would she be career wise?

I don't want to use that as an excuse, so that she doesn't feel bad. So this sex thing can be my escape route. Tell her I can't be in a relationship without sex since she wants to abstain, then we all go our separate ways.

At least d Unilag girl has something going on for her. In 3 years time, she will be a graduate of Bio-Genetics, shes younger and smarter.

Even if we don't get to date, at least any investment on her (which wouldn't be high) would be worth it, to herself, her family and the society at large.
Re: In A Quagmire Here. by generationz(f): 12:17am On Jun 19, 2019
CsRockefeller:

Let me be very honest with you and everyone here.

I don't give a hoot, whether she is a virgin or not as long as its in her past. She is a very nice girl one who can be trusted.

However, my concern is with her Life goals, she is about 23, a hair dresser, her mum is late, her Dad is somewhere in Cotonou, her brothers are in Abeokuta, only her stays at Ota.

Right now, there is no plan for her to go to school, not even NCE or OND, she is fending for herself, which is very noble, but, I don't want to shoulder any heavy responsibility right now, If in d next 3 years, I want to settle down, where would she be career wise?

I don't want to use that as an excuse, so that she doesn't feel bad. So this sex thing can be my escape route. Tell her I can't be in a relationship without sex since she wants to abstain, then we all go our separate ways.

At least d Unilag girl has something going on for her. In 3 years time, she will be a graduate of Bio-Genetics, shes younger and smarter.

Even if we don't get to date, at least any investment on her (which wouldn't be high) would be worth it, to herself, her family and the society at large.

Ehn ehn op now you are talking

However judging from your post you got it all mixed up

I'll tell you why?

Spending on a student and sending a girl who isn't your wife yet to school isn't an investment . Its charity work

anything can happen after four years. She will be more mature by then with better experience to choose and if she has no conscience, she would not waste time to discard you if a guy with better prospects comes along.

Economically in Nigeria , the hairdresser is has more prospects.

She already makes money, knows how difficult it is saving and might still have bigger goals. Meanwhile the student still has the mentality that when she is done with school a job will be waiting for her. You know how naija is based on that assertion.

If you play your cards well the hairdresser can have her business and still go back to school part time . All this will be from her pocket. You may not spend a dime. All you'll have to do is encourage her.

Theres a Lady on nairalanders who makes badass braided wigs she sells on the gram for as high as 20k or more
It depends on the marketing she doesn't need a shop

@wigmaniac_international check that out on Instagram

If that girl is hardworking , you have a gem with you.

I suspect though that you are more in love with student and any advice we give here is of no use.

You can know a man in love when you observe where his money tilts towards.

4 Likes

Re: In A Quagmire Here. by ImaIma1(f): 12:25am On Jun 19, 2019
Number 2 sees you as her personal money bag.

Number 1 seems ok except that she is not virgin as you would have preferred

1 Like

Re: In A Quagmire Here. by CsRockefeller(m): 12:42am On Jun 19, 2019

Ehn ehn op now you are talking

However judging from your post you got it all mixed up

I'll tell you why?

Spending on a student and sending a girl who isn't your wife yet to school isn't an investment . Its charity work.

I have decided, if I get her a phone not more than 15k, that will be all for now. I am still trying to get on my feet.

anything can happen after four years. She will be more mature by then with better experience to choose and if she has no conscience, she would not waste time to discard you if a guy with better prospects comes along.

Very true, thats why I will only put in what I can afford to loose. In 4 years time too, she may not be appealing to me too.

Economically in Nigeria , the hairdresser is has more prospects.

She already makes money, knows how difficult it is saving and might still have bigger goals. Meanwhile the student still has the mentality that when she is done with school a job will be waiting for her. You know how naija is based on that assertion.

True, handwork or un-skilled personnel's are needed in this economy of ours. But, that's on the short run, on the long run, the skilled personnel's wins.

If you play your cards well the hairdresser can have her business and still go back to school part time . All this will be from her pocket. You may not spend a dime. All you'll have to do is encourage her.

I have tried, since last year as a friend, I did encourage her to at least enroll at the Open university since she can't afford to quit her work, she was too lazy about it. On the other hand, she says she doesn't have enough money to do that. Okay, come to Lagos and practice your skills, leave Ota, she said, she doesn't know anyone here, I even went as far as contacting a female friend who owns a saloon at festac, but distance is a problem. she works at C.U, whenever they are on break, she goes on break. Right now, she is on break for 3 months, pathetic!! That's valuable time and money wasting away.[/quote]

Theres a Lady on nairalanders who makes badass braided wigs she sells on the gram for as high as 20k or more
It depends on the marketing she doesn't need a shop

@wigmaniac_international check that out on Instagram.

Distance would still be the challenge, Ota is far from lagos. I've told her that she needs to move. But money is another challenge for her to move. that's y I am angry that she seems to be d only one here on earth. Don't know why her Father and Brothers would just abandon here.

If that girl is hardworking , you have a gem with you.

I suspect though that you are more in love with student and any advice we give here is of no use.

You can know a man in love when you observe where his money tilts towards.

I guess, I'm trying to be rational here, that's why i am titling towards the student. At the end, I may be wrong. That's d disadvantage of analysis.
Re: In A Quagmire Here. by BuddhaPalm(m): 1:00am On Jun 19, 2019
1. It's people like you that make women pretend so much...

They can't be free around you because of your holier-than-thou outlook.

How about you?

You did "other stuff" while being a committed Christian. And you lied to her as well.

Girls are flesh and blood just like you and have powerful urges too.

2. Going by your unrealistic expectations of chastity, this second one that went straight to money talk will probably shock you.

1 Like

Re: In A Quagmire Here. by Nobody: 5:58am On Jun 19, 2019
generationz:

So,are you saying a lady can't be celibate after loosing her virginity?
read between the lines here with me Sis, he is assuming her to be some kind of innocent bystander to the sex rather than an active participant.

That she made some mistake, rather than something she wanted and did and will still do, religion or not.

She might love to do it again and again but not with him. As he clearly doesn't attract her enough to give him, hence why she was was liberal about it
Re: In A Quagmire Here. by Nobody: 5:59am On Jun 19, 2019
BuddhaPalm:
1. It's people like you that make women pretend so much...

They can't be free around you because of your holier-than-thou outlook.

How about you?

You did "other stuff" while being a committed Christian. And you lied to her as well.

Girls are flesh and blood just like you and have powerful urges too.

2. Going by your unrealistic expectations of chastity, this second one that went straight to money talk will probably shock you.

Exactly ! Thank you !
Re: In A Quagmire Here. by generationz(f): 2:44pm On Jun 19, 2019
Amakavula:
read between the lines here with me Sis, he is assuming her to be some kind of innocent bystander to the sex rather than an active participant.

That she made some mistake, rather than something she wanted and did and will still do, religion or not.

She might love to do it again and again but not with him. As he clearly doesn't attract her enough to give him, hence why she was was liberal about it

You might be right about her doing it with many other guys , however her honesty about how she lost it in the first place is a plus for her in this story.

Many ladies would have cooked up one story or another and jduginf by the Guy's reply to my question up there he doesn't seem to really care about the sex but her educational background and financial background
Re: In A Quagmire Here. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 19, 2019
Y

(1) (2) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi Receives 4th Wife (photos) / Testimony / Woman Became Pregnant With Twins At Age 41 After A One-night Stand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.