Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,147 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

What Part Of Igboland Are You From. - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Part Of Igboland Are You From. (17447 Views)

The Social Prejudices Between Oratta(owerri) And Isu Groups Of Igboland. / Anything Wrong With Marrying An Osu(outcast From Some Parts Of Igboland) / Laws Of Igboland (Iwu Obodo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by nduchucks: 2:27am On Oct 05, 2010
grafikdon:

Lol. . . it has nothing to do with vio vio. It is actually as soft as beans or rice when it cooked but it takes forever (like 5 hrs. or more). Some Igbo people do eat without drinking water, that is why they sh.i.t rocks and you can smash windows with their poop. They have so many fancy names like "gbajie mkpilisi nku" (break firewood).

smiley smiley smiley
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by Freewilly(f): 3:20am On Oct 05, 2010
So far three brothers from Awka wow! shocked shocked

Udezue

MetalGong4 my brother from longest time ago kiss

Arysexy, is Ary the same as Arinza grin My little brothers name is Arinza, his fat head is always getting bigger when is little friends call him Arisexy grin

NL igbos come and represent your town ohhhh  grin
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by Odunnu: 4:21am On Oct 05, 2010
I am not Ibo but i'm crazy about them,they'v hosted me for close to 7yrs of my life and I can represent them very well.
@Poster, the Okonkwo family of Ogbunike (not Ogbonike) is well known. Bishop Okonkwo, Dr Okonkwo. . .quite a number of them.
You should get to meet 'Ogidiboy' bcz Ogidi and Ogbunike are brothers.
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by udezue(m): 4:41am On Oct 05, 2010
Yup Awka noonu!!!
Aro mma nu!!!! We full ground.

EzeUche, what part of Arochukwu you hail from?
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by MaziUche0(m): 6:02am On Oct 05, 2010
udezue:

EzeUche, what part of Arochukwu you hail from?

Ibom Isi. How about yourself?
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by udezue(m): 6:10am On Oct 05, 2010
Ogom wu Ujari. I ma ndi be Ofong?
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by slap1(m): 6:48am On Oct 05, 2010
Slap1 is from Atta community in Ikeduru L.G.A. The same community with late Chief Evan Enwerem, former senate president and Imo State governor; Chief Engr. Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu(Aha e ji aga mba 1 of Atta), etc. Igbo nma-nma nu!!!
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by infobut(m): 10:23am On Oct 05, 2010
I am from Oko in Anambra State. I know ogbunike Cave very well as we went there for Excursion during my days in FGC Nise. It's always a good feeling to meet up with Igbo folks. Igbo Kwenu!!!!
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by Jarus(m): 10:34am On Oct 05, 2010
Moved to Culture.
Thanks
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by asha2: 10:42am On Oct 05, 2010
Odunnu:

I am not Ibo but i'm crazy about them,they'v hosted me for close to 7yrs of my life and I can represent them very well.
@Poster, the Okonkwo family of Ogbunike (not Ogbonike) is well known. Bishop Okonkwo, Dr Okonkwo. . .quite a number of them.

i thought you once said you are from abia state?
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by cpatra(f): 12:27pm On Oct 05, 2010
Hello my Igbo brothers and sisters. I'm from Ozubulu, the town after Nnewi. One family!
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by ChikiChik(f): 2:04pm On Oct 05, 2010
I am from Ekwulobia in Aguata Local Government Area of Anambra state.
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by Odunnu: 3:20pm On Oct 05, 2010
Ekwulobia,I knw a number of families there.

asha 2:

i thought you once said you are from abia state?
i'll advice you to think again.
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by grafikdon: 6:24pm On Oct 05, 2010
Chiki Chik:

I am from Ekwulobia in Aguata Local Government Area of Anambra state. 

What part of Ekwulobia? Ula, Okpo, Umuchi, Agba, Umunkwo, Eziagulu, Umuchiana. . . ?

Ekwulobia kana wehu.

Ekwulobia ibenihi.

Ekwulobia kanihi.

Ekwulobia bianu ibene.

Ekwulobia wehunenuhunu  shocked shocked grin

Ekwulobia and their weird Igbo dialect  grin
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by naijadiva2(f): 8:11pm On Oct 05, 2010
You guys are so deep in conversation, I am going to pretend as if i know what i am talking about grin. . . . .
anyhoo, dad's from abia state, mom from imo state. I wasn't born in nigeria but i guess that makes me abia too cheesy wink
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by AloyEmeka5: 8:40pm On Oct 05, 2010
grafikdon:

Vio vio a.k.a agbugbu  grin grin grin That stuff is like cooking rocks and limestone. Takes forever but tastes good when prepared with "ji ocha'' (white yam) and fresh palm oil. There's this stereotype that Awka people are a bunch of hooligans and no-good lose canons. That's unfounded, like like any other stereotype because I lived in Awka for about 11 yrs. The monkeys in Awka are a sight to behold and I must say they are very cute and interesting creatures. It was fun watching them swing and jump all over the place, same way the squirrels roam Jew York. I do hope people have not started making pepper soup with the monkeys because I will not take it lightly

The worst time to be in Awka is during the Imo Awka festival. That is when all the despicable hooligans and dubious characters in Awka (like that ugly coconut head "Owa Ashi" or "Nwa Guy"wink come out to harass people.  angry angry

Do they eat monkeys at Awka like they do in Cameroun?

There must be the monky disease epidemic around there. Ewwwww
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by AndreUweh(m): 8:42pm On Oct 05, 2010
Am from Isinweke. Isinweke is the food basket of Imo state. Isinweke was the former site of Imo state University Etiti under Mbakwe's regime. Isinweke was the last Abode of Ojukwu before he fled Biafra. Isinweke was the base of Biafra refinery and was never troubled by the enemy forces.
Some of our festivals are: Iwa Akwa, Mbom Uzo, Oturukwekwe and Agu-Okonko.
Some interesting places to visit in Isinweke are: Abadaba lake, Oturugo stream, Biafran Bunker at Madonna, etc.
Also are Uboma rice farm, Nwaoku paper mill and the Famous headquaters of Etiti division.
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by AloyEmeka5: 8:55pm On Oct 05, 2010
I am from Okoro town in Mbaise Abia state.
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by AndreUweh(m): 8:56pm On Oct 05, 2010
isinweke

1 Like

Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by MetalGong4: 9:14pm On Oct 05, 2010
infobut:

I am from Oko in Anambra State. I know ogbunike Cave very well as we went there for Excursion during my days in FGC Nise. It's always a good feeling to meet up with Igbo folks. Igbo Kwenu!!!!

I went to Gaius Benton Primary School, Oko ( Boarded), the school owned by the former vice president. . . I also graduated from FGC Nise, so probably I might know you because my set was among the first six sets that gradauted from FGC Nise. . . . . Pro UNITATE!!!!
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by MetalGong4: 9:21pm On Oct 05, 2010
Freewilly:

So far three brothers from Awka wow! shocked shocked

MetalGong4 my hubby from longest time ago kiss grin grin

Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by grafikdon: 10:50pm On Oct 05, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Do they eat monkeys at Awka like they do in Cameroun?

There must be the monky disease epidemic around there. Ewwwww

Nope, Awka people do not eat monkeys 'cause they are protected species. It is illegal to kill a monkey in Awka. They roam freely like squirrels in New York, especially in the Amudo/Amachalla area where the sacred Imo Awka shrine is located. If anyone ate monkeys in Awka (on the down low) it must be those ''404" munchers from Nsukka, Imo/Abia and Akwa Ibom. . . grin Heck, I cringe when I hear people actually eat monkey. To me they are cute adorable pets(sometimes a little mischievous) and it was fun observing them at close range when I lived in Awka.
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by Obiagu1(m): 11:06pm On Oct 05, 2010
@ Odunnu,

It seems like you grew up/lived in Ogbunike or Ogidi.
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by OgidiBoy(m): 11:21pm On Oct 05, 2010
Odunnu:

[size=15pt]
OGIDI[/size] the little London of Anambra state in the House grin grin

How can you say you not Igbo shocked shocked shocked you read and write Igbo way better than me cry cry

Ogbunike is our neighbor in fact we share the same market grin grin But Ogidi girls are prettier though tongue tongue
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by AloyEmeka5: 12:11am On Oct 06, 2010
Odunnu:

I saw your picture and must say that if you are not igbo, you must be from South South and that will be Ibibio, Efik or kalabari at most. Tell me I am wrong.

By the way, you fine no be small. No let the igbo boys snatch you o. wink wink wink wink
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by OgidiBoy(m): 12:20am On Oct 06, 2010
Aloy! Aloy!! Aloy!!! how many times did I call you, if you don't want me and you to have issues on NL, leave Odunnu alone angry angry she is a very good girl and don't need the like of you corrupting her.
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by Arysexy(m): 12:38am On Oct 06, 2010

Nne leave those people that want to derail your thread. I'm from Anambra state, Awka to be precise. . . .  I know Ogbunike very well. It is the home town of Chuba Okadigbo, the Oyi of Oyi.

wow, my 2 brodas are here matalgong and udezue, ibe anyi awka kedu ka unu melu? well am from amachalla amenyi awka. @ graffikdon u seems to know awka inside out. u r right we do not eat monkeys, its actually a sacrilege to kill them cos history has it that awka monkeys foilled many attacks on awka by some neighbouring towns in the olden days by revealing to awka ppl that attacks are imminent, this helped awka to get prepared and face the attackers.

vio vio is really nutritional but it takes time to cook, eat vio vio in the morning and u r done with food the whole day, all u need do is get a bottled water near cos u will keep drinking throughout the day.

Imoka as graffikdon said is a festival celebrated by awka ppl to mark their victorious war escapades, though it has turn out to be a day hooligans and unizik student cultists settle their scores, nowadays imoka festival claim lives unlike before.

Awka is really blessed with notable Nigerians like late Prof Kenneth dike, the first nigerian vice chancellor who was recently honoured by president jonathan among the 50 natable Nigerians, also Barrister Amanke Okafor of amudo awka ia an illustrious son of Awka, he wrote so many books about Awka ppl, senator Ben Ndi Obi is also from Awka and many more, some of the hooliganism being ascribed to awka ppl are not actually traced to them cos awka being the capital of anambra has so many non-indigenes living and doing business there.

Ibe anyi ndu no na ezi, anya lukwee unu uno, maka na onye no nuno nooolu onye no na ezi. Awka kweeeeenu! ya! Anambra kweeeeenu! ya! Igbo kwezuooooooooooonu o! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by Nobody: 2:07am On Oct 06, 2010
grafikdon:

Vio vio a.k.a agbugbu  grin grin grin That stuff is like cooking rocks and limestone. Takes forever but tastes good when prepared with "ji ocha'' (white yam) and fresh palm oil. There's this stereotype that Awka people are a bunch of hooligans and no-good lose canons. That's unfounded, like like any other stereotype because I lived in Awka for about 11 yrs. The monkeys in Awka are a sight to behold and I must say they are very cute and interesting creatures. It was fun watching them swing and jump all over the place, same way the squirrels roam Jew York. I do hope people have not started making pepper soup with the monkeys because I will not take it lightly

The worst time to be in Awka is during the Imo Awka festival. That is when all the despicable hooligans and dubious characters in Awka (like that ugly coconut head "Owa Ashi" or "Nwa Guy"wink come out to harass people.  angry angry

Hahaha. Viovio, how much I dislike you grin. Brings back memories. The way my dad pronounces it, it's as if he has hot yam in his mouth. grin Infact he pronounces words differently. Even my name's not left out. My dad told me a story about monkeys telling the Awka people about some invaders that were coming for war or something like that in the past. So monkeys are kind of revered.

Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From.

I'm from Awka, Anambra State. cheesy grin
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by Nobody: 2:15am On Oct 06, 2010
Arysexy:

Nne leave those people that want to derail your thread. I'm from Anambra state, Awka to be precise. . . . I know Ogbunike very well. It is the home town of Chuba Okadigbo, the Oyi of Oyi.

wow, my 2 brodas are here matalgong and udezue, ibe anyi awka kedu ka unu melu? well am from amachalla amenyi awka. @ graffikdon u seems to know awka inside out. u r right we do not eat monkeys, its actually a sacrilege to kill them cos history has it that awka monkeys foilled many attacks on awka by some neighbouring towns in the olden days by revealing to awka ppl that attacks are imminent, this helped awka to get prepared and face the attackers.
vio vio is really nutritional but it takes time to cook, eat vio vio in the morning and u r done with food the whole day, all u need do is get a bottled water near cos u will keep drinking throughout the day.

Imoka as graffikdon said is a festival celebrated by awka ppl to mark their victorious war escapades, though it has turn out to be a day hooligans and unizik student cultists settle their scores, nowadays imoka festival claim lives unlike before.

Awka is really blessed with notable Nigerians like late Prof Kenneth dike, the first nigerian vice chancellor who was recently honoured by president jonathan among the 50 natable Nigerians, also Barrister Amanke Okafor of amudo awka ia an illustrious son of Awka, he wrote so many books about Awka ppl, senator Ben Ndi Obi is also from Awka and many more, some of the hooliganism being ascribed to awka ppl are not actually traced to them cos awka being the capital of anambra has so many non-indigenes living and doing business there.

Ibe anyi ndu no na ezi, anya lukwee unu uno, maka na onye no nuno nooolu onye no na ezi. Awka kweeeeenu! ya! Anambra kweeeeenu! ya! Igbo kwezuooooooooooonu o! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Yeah my dad told me the same thing.

But viovio sucks sha. Never ever liked it.
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by Arysexy(m): 2:35am On Oct 06, 2010

But viovio sucks sha. Never ever liked it.

@ stillwater, what part of awka are u from? u r really missing oh! vio vio is my best food, cant wait for xmas to get home and eat my mum's specially prepared vio vio with ji iyoo, or achicha or igbagu oka and spiced with eruru. mehn! vio vio with iyali yali na die! i prefer it when u warm it the next day, am really missing it.
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by Freewilly(f): 3:32am On Oct 06, 2010
It's good to see my brothers and sisters just socializing, I used to be an active member on Niraland, but in the past few months now it seems like the only HOT topics on NL are Igbo vs Yoruba threads. I most admit I never used to join in in those kinds of conversations but after seating back and watching some ppl talk trash about Igbos, I've opened my big mouth and said some mean things too sad

I'm impressed with Awka, they are really representing cheesy
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by Arysexy(m): 3:42am On Oct 06, 2010
Freewilly, i really thank u for this thread, i had the same encounter with u, joined nairaland only to notice its full of igbo-haters and igbo bashing, i had no option than to turn into an igbo-internet-warrior until our attackers soft-pedalled. am really enjoying culture forum now. Nice to meet my kinsmen and discuss healthy issues, thumbs up my sister!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Traditional African Boat Designs / Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? / Wollofs And Mandinkas Lets Meet Here :)-

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.