Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,669 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

What Part Of Igboland Are You From. - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Part Of Igboland Are You From. (17435 Views)

The Social Prejudices Between Oratta(owerri) And Isu Groups Of Igboland. / Anything Wrong With Marrying An Osu(outcast From Some Parts Of Igboland) / Laws Of Igboland (Iwu Obodo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by Odunnu: 7:35am On Nov 20, 2010
Lol!
Maybe you should ask Slap1 to interprete for you. According to your culture,it'l be wrong of me to speak and interprete as wel else 'ego e ji lua mama gi bu na efu' lol.
My profile pix is indeed beautiful. That lil gurl startd life rejected by the parties involvd in bringing her to ths world. But i'v sworn that as long as I hv breath,she'l never lack love. If ur lil brother is kool,i kud manipulate the queue to his favor. The application/cover letas i'v received on her behalf is as long as from Naija to Samaria by road.
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by ChikiChik(f): 11:41am On Nov 20, 2010
gradficon I ga egbu mmadu ebea, at least amam na obughi mmadu kuziere gi na iso na na ndi ibenihi, wehewehe, ibene I can't help laghing.
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by vicenzo(m): 11:32am On Nov 23, 2010
@Ogidiboy.Good to know u are from ogidi,i am from ogidi ani,my grandmother is from ikenga ogidi,my greatgrandmother is from nkwelle ogidi,i also have cousins from uru orji ogidi,which part of ogidi are u from?
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by plezant(f): 5:10pm On Nov 23, 2010
Nnobi Idemili south
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by Tinyemeka(m): 8:33pm On Nov 23, 2010
I'm from Ezinihitte-Mbaise, Imo state. A lot of talented people have their roots in Mba5: Genevive Nnaji, Eucharia Anunobi, Okey Bakassi, Dauda, Rita Dominic, Jegede Sokoya ( of New masquerade), Frank Nnaji (Founder ABC transport), e.t.c. The much I can remember for now. Plus our reputation for seeking advanced education. We dey try small sha. smiley
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by Omenani(m): 10:31pm On Nov 23, 2010
Umuahia South

Umuokpara clan!
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by FACE(m): 3:38pm On Nov 24, 2010
Omenani:

Umuahia North - Ibeku

Nwanne, I hie nga ole na Ibeku ? (Now that's some good ole Ibeku dialect) A bu m onye, Umu Okeyi, Afara-Ukwu.
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by grafikdon: 4:44pm On Nov 24, 2010
Chiki Chik:

gradficon I ga egbu mmadu ebea, at least amam na obughi mmadu kuziere gi na iso na na ndi ibenihi, wehewehe, ibene I can't help laghing.

Bia nwanyi na, onye suhu na awu m onye agba enu? Chei! Ehu ataana mu igu n'isi. Ngwa gee nti ofuma ofuma ka m guolo hu egwu ndu be unu.  grin

Ekwulobia biala kana, biala kana, biala kana.
Ekwulobia biala kana, singing kompetishon  grin

Mkpologwu ota ihiomi ihiomi, ji akpu n'ehihie, ji akpu n'abani (2X)
Eburu ji akpu ekweghi ekene (Nde Nne o. . . ebum ji akpu anaghim ekwe)

Uga mele okuko ogbue erighi, were jee Afo, were Jee Nkwo
Akwa n'azu  n'uno n'uno, ibiam biam, Uga!

Ngwa nwata misi, ije asu na mu wu onye Uga ka owu Ekwulobia, ka owu mkpologwu ka owu Oko? Ndikwene maka Nanka na Igbo Ukwu? Isuowhia sukwanugu gunu? Owuru na izatanwuo ya wu ajuju, ejem evutelehu nkata mgbimgbi na ngwugwu aniga isato ma owu ehebuluehebu.  grin grin grin
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by ChikiChik(f): 10:08am On Dec 07, 2010
@ grafikdon grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ;DSee if they sack me from this office you are the cause. What type of witch are you? I jekwe arafutam na office ne.
I have to explain to people why I have been laughing alone for a very long time. Biko nekwa mkpavum aji adukwaha ya!
I hs been a very long time I listen to those funny dialect that I love so much, I hv really miss it a lot. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I am rolling of the floor
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by ChikiChik(f): 10:39am On Dec 07, 2010
@ grafikdon U are either from Ekwulobia (not just Ekwulobia but from Ula) or a town close to Ekwulobia. How can you speak the dialect like that and still want me to believe that you are not from there. It is either you are born in Ula or you grew up there. I read it again and saw the way you said competishon and I burst out again. Kwuo eziokwu gu niini onye iboone ki wu? A mam niwu onye ibebaayi.
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by VERYANGRY(m): 4:39pm On Dec 13, 2010
na waoo, looks like im the only nnewi guy here,
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by OgidiBoy(m): 12:10am On Dec 15, 2010
^^^ Is that why you VERY ANGRY ? don't worry my brother, I'm sure in no time another Nnewi person will show up.
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by OgidiBoy(m): 12:24am On Dec 15, 2010
vicenzo:

@Ogidiboy.Good to know u are from ogidi,i am from ogidi ani,my grandmother is from ikenga ogidi,my greatgrandmother is from nkwelle ogidi,i also have cousins from uru orji ogidi,which part of ogidi are u from?

HOLY COW!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked I'm from Ikenga Ogidi my village is right there by Abatete. It sure is very small world. I salute you my brother. We will be having our Ogidi day celebration next week out here in Dallas next week it's always fun.
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by AndreUweh(m): 1:27am On Dec 15, 2010
OnlyTruth is a title holder and a proud Nnewi son.
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by dempeople(m): 6:24am On Dec 27, 2010
Representing Ujari (popularly known as Ajalli) in Orumba North LGA of Anambra state. wink wink wink grin

1 Like

Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by donkarly(m): 1:55am On Dec 28, 2010
VERY ANGRY:

na waoo, looks like im the only nnewi guy here,
nwanne you are not,i am from otolo nnewi-the city of the Lord.
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by RichyBlacK(m): 8:47pm On Dec 28, 2010
Amankalu, Alayi in Bende LGA, Abia State.

1 Like

Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by Odunnu: 9:37pm On Dec 28, 2010
Hikwafúnú ezigbo dëm.
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by OgidiBoy(m): 1:40am On Jan 04, 2011
Odunnu happy new year kiss
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by ikamefa(f): 1:41am On Jan 04, 2011
isi alangwa junction grin grin
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by Odunnu: 3:38pm On Jan 04, 2011
OgidiBoy:

Odunnu happy new year kiss
wish you same dear!
Agbakwara ofuma?
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by OgidiBoy(m): 2:08am On Jan 06, 2011
^^^ Agbakwa ofuma my sister jisi Ike oh kiss
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by aljharem11(m): 2:35am On Jan 06, 2011
anambra east local government in anambra state cheesy

igbo kwenu cheesy cheesy smiley
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by untainted: 5:41pm On Jan 06, 2011
enugu-agidi in Njikoka LGA
where my people at?
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by Odunnu: 7:07pm On Jan 06, 2011
Hmm,
then you must know the meaning of 'odunnu?' cz thats your core dialect (Keep it to yourself)
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by OgidiBoy(m): 2:48am On Jan 07, 2011
^^^ Come to think of it, I've always wondered what Odunnu means. Is it a bad word ? sad
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by Odunnu: 9:16am On Jan 07, 2011
Ask Untainted.
You really have lost the language Nna.
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by grafikdon: 2:13pm On Jan 07, 2011
alj harem1:

anambra east local government in anambra state cheesy

igbo kwenu cheesy cheesy smiley

Nwoke m, kwanyere onwe gi ugwu ebe a. Unyahu isi na ibu nkapi, tata isi na ibu eleke nti oba, oruo echi isi na ibu obogwu. Amaghi m ma obu mmanya bara gi anya ka obu utaba juru gi isi. Ndumodu nga enye gi bu na imara ya bu ihe ina eri nke na eme gi onye iberibe, were nwayo sepu aka enwe n'ofe maka ome ghoro aka mmadu.
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by grafikdon: 2:18pm On Jan 07, 2011
Deleted grin
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by grafikdon: 2:23pm On Jan 07, 2011
Chiki Chik:

@ grafikdon U are either from Ekwulobia (not just Ekwulobia but from Ula) or a town close to Ekwulobia. How can you speak the dialect like that and still want me to believe that you are not from there. It is either you are born in Ula or you grew up there. I read it again and saw the way you said competishon and I burst out again. Kwuo eziokwu gu niini onye iboone ki wu? A mam niwu onye ibebaayi.

Isu mu kwuo ezi okwu ka iwhele mee ekwensu? grin Ngwa saa ntihi mmili ka m tui gu azu. . .

Onye ma nke wu ezi okwu? Onye ma ma mu owu onye Umuori, Uga ka owu onye Umuekpili, Ula Ekwulobia ka owu onye Amachalla, Awka? grin

Iwele ile hu guo eze hu onu, ije amalili onye mwu wink
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by Odunnu: 4:29pm On Jan 07, 2011
DELETED maka Ogidiboy
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by grafikdon: 4:34pm On Jan 07, 2011
^^^^ Okuku shi na mkpali gha adi grin Munwa vu nnaghi ochie ka ishi elee agwa okwu? Ka m nwetekweghu nevu. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Traditional African Boat Designs / Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? / The Acculturuation Bewteen Midwestern And Eastern Nigerian Cultures.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.