Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,064 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? (12566 Views)

Forbidden Fruit | J. Cole (feat. Kendrick Lamar) {DOWNLOAD} / Sean Paul New Video,gave It up to Me Ft Keisha Cole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by Genuflect(m): 7:08am On Oct 09, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Plz abeg. J. Cole SHOULD want it with Drake. That's the only way his career is gonna soar.
Of course J. Cole would want it with Drake. But does Drake want it with Jinadu Jibowu Cole!!
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by Nobody: 7:12am On Oct 09, 2010
Genuflect:

Of course J. Cole would want it with Drake. But does Drake want it with Jinadu Jibowu Cole!!

cheiii what a name! Is J. Cole half Igbo?

Drake dont do subliminals, if J. C wants it, he should say it str8fwd. I dont think Drake cares about dissing anybody tho, he's more into himself and his fame [and into me duh].
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by hax: 12:02pm On Oct 09, 2010
Ibime:

I'm typing on BB. Can't follow links.

Only someone who got introduced to Crooked on Slaughtahouse album would be yarning opaks.

Even Crookeds weekly freestyles came harder than the rushed Slaughtahouse project.

Just youtube Crooked I vs Chino Xl Wake up show. No long talk
oga, say what you want jor.

let's be using a couple of freestyles to rate a rapper over another one who's dropped a near-classic album.

and he's on his own label. let him drop something as sick as elzhi's album before you start talking naw. is it not album we'll use to judge him? why is no one calling j. cole the best rapper in the game right now? NO. ALBUM. let's hear word jor.

let him do perfectly executed conceptual tracks like 'colors' or 'guessing game' and 'talking in my sleep' and not just punchline-after-punchline then we'll be able to mention him in the same breath as el. until then, lock up jor.

'Long as this beat keep the treats falling out of my pen-
(piñ)-ata. Rather slow or faster it's disaster
I come flowing harder than a master-
(mastur)-bator.'

'Those niggas pussy and they don't want to Bleep around with a con-
-dom. I live the life of a star
See me glide in different rides like I live inside of a car-
-nival. Yea, that's your girl in the stand
She's a fan, when I'm done she's going to want to give me a hand-
-job'

'She knew this one-minute man who use to bust in one sec- (one minute man)
-retary. It was a dude named Kev (now he's doing one minute, IN his secretary)
He went to church on a Sunday and turned his back on the rev- (and going to church and bending over for the reverend? or not listening to him?)
-olution. Bet, you caught on yet?

OK, your dogs turn scaredy cat when they facing the vet-
-enarian cuz they not this sick

keep a chick loss for words so she hop all on my dick-
(dic)-tionary. I don't be giving a Bleep

This line goes out to each and every critic that thought I would suck-
(suc)-ceed. But peep the line before last
It's breathtaking, it has your favorite rapper sounding ass-
(asth)-matic. I keep the rhyme striking them

'I had this girl in my bed
And every time she opened up her mouth she was giving me head- (woah)
-aches. Now since the day I got bread I can spread
I know quite a few of my friends have gotten fed-
-up

recognize.
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by Ibime(m): 3:04pm On Oct 09, 2010
@ hax,

Crooked has several albums worth of material through several mixtapes, 3 unreleased albums etc. You're the one who only heard a couple freestyles.

Please, Elzhi is not on Crooked level, not even close. Stop quoting punchlines and rhymeschemes cos like you said yourself, Crooked has enough punchlines to bury anyone. Flowwise, they are in different stratospheres also. Voice, delivery, you decide yourself.
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by chiogo(f): 3:56pm On Oct 09, 2010
hax:

you're so cute lol.

that exact line is in 'who dat' just before the 3rd verse.

apparently it's a 3 stacks sample. that's definitely not a diss.
lol  embarassed embarassed
And you're so gangsta. I suppose 3 stacks is Andre 3000, that was his voice in Who Dat. The line is still not any clearer but we now know drake isn't dissing j. cole. Drake doesn't want it with him, ileke-idi, take note.  grin
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by hax: 6:53pm On Oct 10, 2010
chiogo:

lol  embarassed embarassed
And you're so gangsta.
yeah yeah yeah. got a mac by my nutsack. lol
stop being sarcastic. it's not fair. embarassed

I suppose 3 stacks is Andre 3000, that was his voice in Who Dat. The line is still not any clearer but we now know drake isn't dissing j. cole.
apparently the real line says 'hollywood court', it just sounds like cole because of his accent. it's off one of outkast's older tracks.

Ibime:

@ hax,

Crooked has several albums worth of material through several mixtapes, 3 unreleased albums etc. You're the one who only heard a couple freestyles.

Please, Elzhi is not on Crooked level, not even close. Stop quoting punchlines and rhymeschemes cos like you said yourself, Crooked has enough punchlines to bury anyone. Flowwise, they are in different stratospheres also. Voice, delivery, you decide yourself.
i listened to the crooked v chino xl battle. he killed chino, that's for sure. it was a sick verse, but was it really that special?

Crooked I]
Yo
I spit impossible rhymes
Full of philosophical lines
My phenomenal shine
Leave everyone our your opticals blind
[/b]Run you over when it's Apocalypse
I'm half man half diesel like Optimums Prime
Cocking this nine to pop ya
Permanent disfigurement have you rocking
Half a mask like the Phantom Of The Opera
Mach three is how fast I'll drop ya
Walk back to [??] the speed they clocked
You thought you had it win here
[b]Like watching Indecency flicks with six chicks
I'm the hardest one in here
LMFAO
Straps on the New Year
We bust from every night's New Year
Cerebral hemisphere get blew here
It's really no need to cuss and fuss
Just
Hope out of the bushes scratched up
From the brush and bust
I make the angriest atheist praise me, if not
He's fenna simultaneously pain of a shot
And I shake his pancreas
Maybe it's my instantaneous plots
The craziest emcee couldn't face me
If an alien gave him this thoughts
Kamikazes regulate
I strap a time bomb under my trench coat
And hug you till it detonates
I was brain washed by NWA and BDP
I'm the year 2000 version of the DOC
And when Crooked I spot these fake clicks
They better be able to dodge bullets like The Matrix or take six ouch.
I'm so onerous in dominant in prominent hip-hop conglomerate
On this Continent I'm bombing it
When Icon ill out
I spit out rhymes so offensive even Chino will tell me to chill-out (weak finish)

---------

a little help though. can you tell me the name of the first track on this compilation if you know it?

[flash=500,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw3Ph2FJEv8[/flash]
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by chiogo(f): 7:22pm On Oct 10, 2010
hax:

yeah yeah yeah. got a mac by my nutsack. lol
That's sexy! grin

hax:

stop being sarcastic. it's not fair. embarassed
I actually wasn't being sarcastic. lol
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by Ibime(m): 8:08pm On Oct 10, 2010
@ hax, 1st & 4th verse are from Wake Up Show album 1O years ago.

Anyone who followed Crooked back then knows that technically no one is foxing with him. If Elzhi is 8/10, Crooked is 10/10.

Pls go to youtube and type Saigon Scram Jones Crooked I
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by DBR: 8:11pm On Oct 11, 2010
Hehehe. . .wat?!!
Crooked vs Zhi??
this is see finish finish naaa. . c'mon!

Technically u aint messin with crook.

How many mcs dyu see doin off beats??

Punches nko. . pls pls pls. .there's no discussion here.
And Zhi is dope too sha, but crooked? abeg the guy na crook o grin

And to topic, Drizzy will just fizzle if he even concieves the idea of comin at COLE.
T'will be premeditated suicide. Gospel truth.

oNe
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by Mobinga: 8:25pm On Oct 11, 2010
DBR:

Hehehe. . .wat?!!
Crooked vs Zhi??
this is see finish finish naaa. . c'mon!

Technically u aint messin with crook.

How many mcs dyu see doin off beats??

Punches nko. . pls pls pls. .there's no discussion here.
And Zhi is dope too sha, but crooked? abeg the guy na crook o grin
grin grin grin Haaa Nobody tests Crooked I. . dat guy is mahd sick!!!

And to topic, Drizzy will just fizzle if he even concieves the idea of comin at COLE.
T'will be premeditated suicide Gospel truth.

oNe

+1 . . I think J Cole would shred Drake to pieces grin. . . .
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by eldee(m): 10:54am On Oct 12, 2010
DBR:

T'will be premeditated suicide. Gospel truth.

oNe

You guys don't get where I'm coming from, everyone knows J.Cole is more talented.
But you forget that people will crown whoever they want in a rap battle. . . especially when more people will obviously listen to Drake.
What will J.Cole talk about . . . 'you're a singer, you're a wack rapper, and then the usual 'I stick my dick in your mouth eff what you say' type rhymes . . . but Drake on the other hand doesn't need to talk much, he'll Jay-Z the whole thing.

'I'm more famous, my reality is brighter than your dreams are, I sold your whole discography's numbers with my mixtape, and all the girls love me'. . . and he goes on to get more views on Youtube and a more successful career because he'll add battle rapper to his CV that already has platinum selling rapper, actor, successful singer, most popular man in the world right now.

J.Cole on the other hand loses half the fans he got from signing to Roc Nation . . . goes on to be that guy that gets dropped after one contract.
He's a mainstream rapper now, the rules are different, rap beef is chess and not wrestling.
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by DBR: 11:32am On Oct 12, 2010
eldee:

You guys don't get where I'm coming from, everyone knows J.Cole is more talented.
But you forget that people will crown whoever they want in a rap battle. . . especially when more people will obviously listen to Drake.
What will J.Cole talk about . . . 'you're a singer, you're a wack rapper, and then the usual 'I stick my manliness in your mouth eff what you say' type rhymes . . . but Drake on the other hand doesn't need to talk much, he'll Jay-Z the whole thing.

'I'm more famous, my reality is brighter than your dreams are, I sold your whole discography's numbers with my mixtape, and all the girls love me'. . . and he goes on to get more views on Youtube and a more successful career because he'll add battle rapper to his CV that already has platinum selling rapper, actor, successful singer, most popular man in the world right now.

J.Cole on the other hand loses half the fans he got from signing to Roc Nation . . . goes on to be that guy that gets dropped after one contract.
He's a mainstream rapper now, the rules are different, rap beef is chess and not wrestling.

Well u said it J.cole is MORE TALENTED.
Now pple are alredy bored stiff wit all the fame flossin' makin more money crap.
U sayin Drake will jayzthe whole thing?
well ,if Jayziing the sh!t didnt help JAyZ himself at his prime
and he stil got Ethered, doubt it t'wil save Drake.
Pple are thirsty for "real"hiphop. . lyrical sh!t. . .
pple now kno that will good promo/ label etc. u can sell millions tho u wack,
so they not impressed by that anymore. .
especially when the subject is skillz/talent.

oNe
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by eldee(m): 1:04pm On Oct 12, 2010
@DBR

Abeg top jonsing yourself, real hiphop ko . . .why's Lil Wayne's mixtape selling more than Distant relatives??
Whose bored with Drake?? The same guys that bought a million copies of his albums?? Or the ones that keep begging him for features??

Jay-Zing didn't help Jay-Z back then because he tried to fight in Nas' hole . . . tried to be more street than Nas, he claimed that the street love him more. . . gangster rap was more popular back then.
Besides, don't let Jay-Z fool you, he wasn't that famous back then . . . he was till selling 3mil when everyone else was hitting diamond.

I'm not even going to drag this . . . especially when you're already saying the people want real hiphop. grin grin
Funniest thing is, I was explaining to someone how people want less hiphop than ever . . . shorter verses, eclectic influences, more side attractions and you're here saying people want real hiphop, let's see how much Refelection Eternal sold.
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by DBR: 1:20pm On Oct 12, 2010
@Eldee
u mixing the points again. . as usual.
We talkin bout a battle here or diss track . .whichever.
And when that is the ISSUE, your sales dont mean sh!t!.
it's bout wat u spit, and if u jayz the sh!t. .it wont move pple
cos they tired of the i got more b!t[i]c[/i]hes , money condo yatch than u kinda lyrics.
Battles are bout how dope u are . .lyrically not bout gettin features and doin plat.
Plus u deliberately missed the fact i quoted the "real"?

Dunno wat planet u r from but pple want More hiphop than less of it now.
Check it, clamour for rappers to quit singin and get back to rappin'
hates on auto tune, attention goin back to lyricism. . and when they
want sth shorter stuff they want shorter choruses or no chorus at all!

And again Sales is not always the indications, just as IBB gettin millions of vote
wont be an indication that's what the people want! grin

oNe
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by eldee(m): 5:46pm On Oct 12, 2010
Sales don't mean shit?? Let me tell you what you don't know, Drake is more popular than J.Cole.
More people would rather listen to Drake . . . I'm J.Cole's biggest fan, so I'm not hating or anything.
The biggest indication of what people want is the sales, hype, features and things like that.

First thing I said in this whole thing was . . . rap battles are not decided by robots, the winner is usually that guy that with the higher number of dedicated fans, that's what Drake has over J.Cole.
Let me put this straight, talent does not matter these days in hiphop beef, and that's all J.Cole's got over Drake.
Fat Joe murked 50 Cent on My Fofo, but who won the beef??

Drake's got the attitude, sales, fans, money, universal appeal, co-signs, beats, better marketing strategies, hype, Wayne (Jay-Z talks more about Drake than J.Cole), 'swagger', presentation, musical artistry and everything that wins you a battle these days and he's not bad lyrically when he needs to . . . listen to Comeback Season.
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by IllIBe: 5:59pm On Oct 12, 2010
Both guys are definitely DOPE. DRAKE's an entertainer with greak skills. J.cole is insane. I dnt think drake's dissing him, coz all i heard from Drake Conscerning J.COLE were compliments. From his interview on XXL MAG. to comments on SOHH.com. BOTH cats are threats to themselves. i just wish somthing would happen to keep us entertained. BUT I LOVE DRAKE MEHN IN A STRAIGHT NON GAY MANNER.
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by IllIBe: 6:06pm On Oct 12, 2010
DRAKE HAS THREE MIXTAPES. J.COLE HAS NONE. YOU CAN'T TAKE THE SKILS AWAY FROM DRAKE. LET J.COLE DROP THREE MIXTAPES AND AN ALBUM THEN WE'LL COMPARE BOTH CATS, BUT LYRICALLY J.COLE GIVES ME GOOSE BUMBS. AM JUST SAYING
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by Ibime(m): 6:26pm On Oct 12, 2010
Rap battles are judged in the black community, not in the white community who buy the albums. Still, J Cole needs to get an album out first and have some fans behind him. Nas didn't battle Jigga from rookie status. He had already established a career.

BTW, the way Eldee makes commentaries on here, it sounds like he's the one who likes less rap, more choruses and jingles and side attraction. What else could explain his love for that wack azzzz B.O.B?
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by DBR: 6:27pm On Oct 12, 2010
Sales don't mean poo?? Let me tell you what you don't know, Drake is more popular than J.Cole.
First thing I said in this whole thing was . . . rap battles are not decided by robots, the winner is usually that guy that with the higher number of dedicated fans, that's what Drake has over J.Cole.
Tell that to  newbee, not me. E'rbody knows that Drake is more popular.
And yes in deciding who came hardest in a battle, i repeat sales dont mean sh!t
Cos when it happens u and i and e'rbody will come to this thread witout the prejudice of sales
and popularity and check d 2 dudes out bar for bar.

Dunno for a fact but are u sure Nas had more dedicated fan than Jay at the Ether period? i doubt it.

Drake's got the attitude, sales, fans, money, universal appeal, co-signs, beats, better marketing strategies, hype, Wayne (Jay-Z talks more about Drake than J.Cole), 'swagger', presentation, musical artistry and everything that wins you a battle these days and he's not bad lyrically when he needs to . . . listen to Comeback Season.

What are u on? u sayin Cole lacks those?
The only Drake got on Cole is Sales, Money and universa appeal.

Cosign? Cole got it from more respected pple.

Beats? Cole got it, plus he produces too, dude it called the new age Kanye!
That's y they call him "the humann body"-he produces his own sh!t.

Musical artistery? Hellooooo!!! Cole better than the formulaeic drake by poles!

Presentation? Did u see the trailler for Warm up?, c'mon eldee.

Jay talks bout Drake than cole? Yea,  that's y Drake got a hook on BP3 while Cole got a verse, a hot one at that!, c'mon.
And yea, i'v listened to Comeback session1 and 2! Drake nice, no doubt, may outsell cole anyday, but collide wit him is detrimental to his career.

oNe
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by DBR: 6:32pm On Oct 12, 2010
Ill.I.Be:

DRAKE HAS THREE MIXTAPES. J.COLE HAS NONE. YOU CAN'T TAKE THE SKILS AWAY FROM DRAKE. LET J.COLE DROP THREE MIXTAPES AND AN ALBUM THEN WE'LL COMPARE BOTH CATS, BUT LYRICALLY J.COLE GIVES ME GOOSE BUMBS. AM JUST SAYING
Dude, get ur fact right!!

The come up, The warm up, The blow up/Nigga from the ville are J.cole's mixtapes!!!
And im comparing them based on that. Cole >>> Drake

oNe
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by eldee(m): 6:35pm On Oct 12, 2010
Ibime:

Rap battles are judged in the black community, not in the white community who buy the albums. Still, J Cole needs to get an album out first and have some fans behind him. Nas didn't battle Jigga from rookie status. He had already established a career.

BTW, the way Eldee makes commentaries on here, it sounds like he's the one who likes less rap, more choruses and jingles and side attraction. What else could explain his love for that wack azzzz B.O.B?
Drake is more popular EVEN in the black community . . . he' with Weezy.
Hehehe . . . Nas had a bigger career than Hov at the time the beef started.
Nas was the next best in New York after B.I.G, Jay-Z called it 'Takeover' for a reason.

And forgive me for not discriminating against good music. And what I say is simply what I see . . . the average 'hiphop head' still thinks Rakim is a charttopper.
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by DBR: 6:37pm On Oct 12, 2010
Ibime:

True that! I kno Cole is like the rookie now, but dude already got decent fans behind him.
This will definately grow when his album debuts.

Eldee's pop side gets the best of him. .always lol grin

oNe
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by Ibime(m): 6:46pm On Oct 12, 2010
Correction Eldee, you like Good POP music!

What's good about the monosyllabic twot called BOB rapping about "back when nobody listened to mixtape"?

I can't take anyone serious who was here hyping the quality of "Shooting Stars". Of getting a white emo chick to lace the hook is the only criteria for making good music, why not listen to Chipmunk instead.

I blame real niggas like myself for the current proliferation of wackness. If niggas like me hadn't stopped buying albums, guys like BOB would not be see the light of day. His success is down solely to the white casual HipHop fan. Niggas don't respect BOB in the hood. I have never heard his name mentioned in any conversation where niggas discuss good rappers. Even an ol' gee like Sir Luscious Leftfoot could not garner any sales till he released that "follow us" track with them Rock n Roll guys. Its a shame.

Trust the day where the white casual HipHop fan becomes the arbiter of what is good music is the only day negros like Eldee can have a say. Oh I forgot.
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by DBR: 6:53pm On Oct 12, 2010
eldee:

Drake is more popular EVEN in the black community . . . he' with Weezy.
Hehehe . . . Nas had a bigger career than Hov at the time the beef started.
Nas was the next best in New York after B.I.G, Jay-Z called it 'Takeover' for a reason.

And Cole is with Jay Z.
Plus, i bet the highest sellin point for Drake is the white community.
And as rightly said , when it comes to the beef things, they wont be part of it.

Stop usin weak ponts to butress, the title doesnt give credence to that fact.
So wat willu say bout the opener of the 3rd verse:
I know you missin all the - Faaaaaame!
Doesnt that suggest Jay got more fame than Nas
He went further to taunt Nas that his career has dipped!
So Nas wasnt at the all time high at that period.

And even Nas said : "Come out of ma throne"
And jay said: "Please leave it alone - don't throw rocks at the throne"
Doesnt this shows that Jay was d one in the spot lite at this period?

So, tho Nas won, if t'was popularity contest Jay wuld carry the day.

oNe
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by eldee(m): 6:57pm On Oct 12, 2010
DBR:

Tell that to  newbee, not me. E'rbody knows that Drake is more popular.
And yes in deciding who came hardest in a battle, i repeat sales dont mean sh!t
Cos when it happens u and i and e'rbody will come to this thread witout the prejudice of sales
and popularity and check d 2 dudes out bar for bar.

If that worked Jay-Z woulda won that beef, Fat Joe woulda won the beef with Fifty.
Popularity is the biggest part of hiphop beef, we're human, we are bias with these things.

DBR:

Dunno for a fact but are u sure Nas had more dedicated fan than Jay at the Ether period? i doubt it.

Dude . . . Nas was the best lyricist when lyrical skill counted.
He was religiously followed . . . literally.

DBR:

Beats? Cole got it, plus he produces too, dude it called the new age Kanye!
That's y they call him "the humann body"-he produces his own sh!t.

Not half as good as Drake's super-producer . . . Young Money has enough power to go into bidding wars with Jay-Z, and Hov's not putting his cards on Hov, he's more into the R'n'B pips.

DBR:

That's called a lie in English language.

DBR:

Presentation? Did u see the trailler for Warm up?, c'mon eldee.

Is it half as good as Drake's?? End of.

DBR:

Jay talks bout Drake than cole? Yea,  that's y Drake got a hook on BP3 while Cole got a verse, a hot one at that!, c'mon.
And yea, i'v listened to Comeback session1 and 2! Drake nice, no doubt, may outsell cole anyday, but collide wit him is detrimental to his career.

Oh . . . just in case you didn't hear, he told J.Cole he was dropping A Star Is Born before the album came out.
Hehehe . . . and I read where you said J.Cole got more co-signs, what co-sign is better than being on a Mary J Blige song?? Abeg jare.

You already fell into the track, I just pulled you into Drake's field, and that's what Drake will say, 'I can hold my own lyrically against you, and I'm still eons ahead you in every other category'
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by eldee(m): 7:06pm On Oct 12, 2010
Ibime:

Correction Eldee, you like Good POP music!

What's good about the monosyllabic twot called BOB rapping about "back when nobody listened to mixtape"?

I can't take anyone serious who was here hyping the quality of "Shooting Stars". Of getting a white emo chick to lace the hook is the only criteria for making good music, why not listen to Chipmunk instead.

I blame real niggas like myself for the current proliferation of wackness. If niggas like me hadn't stopped buying albums, guys like BOB would not be see the light of day. His success is down solely to the white casual HipHop fan. Niggas don't respect BOB in the hood. I have never heard his name mentioned in any conversation where niggas discuss good rappers. Even an ol' gee like Sir Luscious Leftfoot could not garner any sales till he released that "follow us" track with them Rock n Roll guys. Its a shame.

Trust the day where the white casual HipHop fan becomes the arbiter of what is good music is the only day negros like Eldee can have a say. Oh I forgot.

But the white emo chic sang good, and so did B.O.B in many parts of the album.
See . . . no one gives a Bleep about the hood, I've never lived in Brooklyn or Compton, so why should I base my opinions on what they think??

I like good pop music?? Yeah I like all good music, good pop music included, what's wrong with that??
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by hax: 7:11pm On Oct 12, 2010
nice one ibime. i was about coming in to say that eldee himself is the one who liked 'less rap more hooks'. lol

will reply later jor. i'm tired. lol
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by Ibime(m): 7:18pm On Oct 12, 2010
@ Eldee,

The hood decides who wins rap battles. The DJs at Hot 97 and Raypower FM keep their ear to the street and they decide who won, not the casual white HipHop fans.

And by the way, if you tell me nonsense about Shooting Stars again, I will send goons to yank your ethernet cable from your PC.

I agree that J Cole is not ready for battle yet cos Jigga is selfish. He don't like no young gun shining below him, and would not back J Cole. Cole needs to release his album, get some more of the hood on his side. If J Cole even sells 300k and most of his fans are from the hood, he will likely win any showdown with Drake.
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by eldee(m): 7:22pm On Oct 12, 2010
Hehehe . . . the whole 'hiphop head' army is out . . . grin grin

Thank God I don't live in QB . . . y'all would have probably arranged a drive-by on my street. grin grin
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by Mobinga: 7:26pm On Oct 12, 2010
Ill.I.Be:

What specie of opium did you inhale this night?

@Eldee angry angry angry angry your argument sef dey tire person angry angry

J Cole > Drake (ALL ROUND)
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by DBR: 7:32pm On Oct 12, 2010
Dude . . . Nas was the best lyricist when lyrical skill counted.
He was religiously followed . . . literally.

Helloooo . . best lyricist doesnt translate to biggest fan, dyu need me xpoundin on that??
Yep Nas got followership, but not as massive as jay, go bac and read ma post on it, u missed points.

Not half as good as Drake's super-producer . . . Young Money has enough power to go into bidding wars with Jay-Z, and Hov's not putting his cards on Hov, he's more into the R'n'B pips.

And Roc Nation dont?? Yee wanna go in on Cole's project, No i.d, Pharell all wanna be on it.

That's called a lie in English language

A lie? If u claim Drake got more artistery with that his templated droppings and topic, i aint goin ahead wit this discussion.

Oh . . . just in case you didn't hear, he told J.Cole he was dropping A Star Is Born before the album came out.

But did he?? That's the question u shud ask. It turned out to be one of the favs on the album, so wats your point??

Hehehe . . . and I read where you said J.Cole got more co-signs, what co-sign is better than being on a Mary J Blige song?? Abeg jare.

Keep shootin urself in the collar bone , ok u. Plus did i say MORE(cant remember, quote me)
MJB co-signs Drake, Mos def co-signs Cole. . says alot doesnt it?

just pulled you into Drake's field, and that's what Drake will say, 'I can hold my own lyrically against you, and I'm still eons ahead you in every other category'

Au contrare. .hel falter lyrically where cole is, and in other categories he's just across the road.
Plus, Drake cant touch Cole on production, lyrically cole is far aheadof Drake. .
So strip them both of there back ups, andu'l see how feeble and clueless Drake is compared to Cole.

oNe[quote][/quote]
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by eldee(m): 7:35pm On Oct 12, 2010
Ibime:

@ Eldee,

The hood decides who wins rap battles. The DJs at Hot 97 and Raypower FM keep their ear to the street and they decide who won, not the casual white HipHop fans.

And by the way, if you tell me nonsense about Shooting Stars again, I will send goons to yank your ethernet cable from your PC.

I agree that J Cole is not ready for battle yet cos Jigga is selfish. He don't like no young gun shining below him, and would not back J Cole. Cole needs to release his album, get some more of the hood on his side. If J Cole even sells 300k and most of his fans are from the hood, he will likely win any showdown with Drake.

At the end of the day, they play to listeners . . . it's not like Funk Master Flex comes out to say this person won.

Erm . . . Ibime, it's called Airplanes and I'm not obsessed with B.O.B, I just like his songs cus they sound good.
I don't need to prove to you that my taste in music is good, music is subjective. You only like pop music, indie or jazz, it's your call.
When I come out to say he's more lyrical/uses better punchlines/puns better  than X. . . it then becomes objective and I have to say how and why.

At least you're agreeing that J.Cole is no more important to Hov than Wale. While Drake has Weezy behind him, J.Cole is doing this alone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

M.I Abaga - Illegal Music 2 MI2 / (official Video) Olamide - Poverty Die 'mp4 Download' / Mo'hits All Stars "cv" Album

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.