Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? (12568 Views)

Forbidden Fruit | J. Cole (feat. Kendrick Lamar) {DOWNLOAD} / Sean Paul New Video,gave It up to Me Ft Keisha Cole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by DBR: 7:42pm On Oct 12, 2010
eldee:

At least you're agreeing that J.Cole is no more important to Hov than Wale. While Drake has Weezy behind him, J.Cole is doing this alone.
The reason i said strip them off their backings and Drake will be the most vulnerable to ever hold a mic.

oNe
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by eldee(m): 8:01pm On Oct 12, 2010
DBR:

Helloooo . . best lyricist doesnt translate to biggest fan, dyu need me xpoundin on that??

But it used to back then . . . the 'hood' counted back then.

DBR:

And Roc Nation dont?? Yee wanna go in on Cole's project, No i.d, Pharell all wanna be on it.A lie? If u claim Drake got more artistery with that his templated droppings and topic, i aint goin ahead wit this discussion.

This is a basic argument . . . who's musically better?? It's Drake.
I don't know why you're dragging this, it's effing ridiculous. Let's go ask Alicia Keys and Kanye.

Ye wants to go in on everyone's project, even 50 Cent's. . . but when there are bidding wars on beats, it's a different matter.
You're the only person in this world that thinks Roc Nation cares about J.Cole.

DBR:

But did he?? That's the question u shud ask. It turned out to beone of the favs on the album, so wats your point??Keep shootin urself in the collar bone , ok
The question is not whether he did or not, the issue is, he went beyond contemplating on whether to drop the song or not, decided to ditch it and then changed his mind.
I'll use football because it's the dumbest thing in this world . . . Wenger will never contemplate dropping a fit Fabregas to the bench, but he'll contemplate on Eboue. J.Cole = Eboue to Jay-Z.

Keep shootin urself in the collar bone , ok
MJB co-signs Drake, Mos def co-signs Cole. . says alot doesnt it?

KABOOM!!! Suicide bombing . . . Drake opened for Mos Def in a few of his gigs. grin grin
The irony.

Au contrare. .hel falter lyrically where cole is, and in other categories he's just across the road.
Plus, Drake cant touch Cole on production, lyrically cole is far aheadof Drake. .
So strip them both of there back ups, andu'l see how feeble and clueless Drake is compared to Cole.

I won't say any more than Drake can hold his own lyrically . . . I won't gratify your need to argue every single obvious detail.
Who needs to produce his own music, even Kanye doesn't do all his music.

I've given you the ish that counts and you're here dragging things.
I've got an England match to attend to . . .
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by eldee(m): 8:03pm On Oct 12, 2010
DBR:

The reason i said strip them off their backings and Drake will be the most vulnerable to ever hold a mic.

oNe

Shifting goalposts here aren't we?? You spent a whole hour telling me Drake was behind J.Cole and you switch all of a sudden. grin grin
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by Ibime(m): 8:03pm On Oct 12, 2010
@ There's nothing like good pop music as concerns a HipHop album, especially when your verses are just fillers inbetween pop choruses.

I can point you to several HipHop albums where the emcee was not at his lyrical best, but where the album was a classic for its HipHop content and its recognisable Soul funk and G funk influences (all derivatives of HipHop). THE CHIEF EXAMPLE OF THIS IS KURUPT "STREETZ IS A MUTHA".

Do your research nigga.

If you don't wanna do no research refrain from chatting jagbajantis where niggas are discussing HipHop. WE DONT ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES! Otherwise take your analysis to Perezhilton.com!
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by eldee(m): 8:10pm On Oct 12, 2010
Ibime:

@ There's nothing like good pop music as concerns a HipHop album, especially when your verses are just fillers inbetween pop choruses.

I can point you to several HipHop albums where the emcee was not at his lyrical best, but where the album was a classic for its HipHop content and its recognisable Soul funk and G funk influences (all derivatives of HipHop). THE CHIEF EXAMPLE OF THIS IS KURUPT "STREETZ IS A MUTHA".

Do your research nigga.

If you don't wanna do no research refrain from chatting jagbajantis where niggas are discussing HipHop. WE DONT ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES! Otherwise take your analysis to Perezhilton.com!

It's not a hiphop album.

B.O.B will introduce himself as rapper, singer, producer all the time.
You do your research and tell your gangstas to button up, it's 2010.
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by Ibime(m): 8:17pm On Oct 12, 2010
Why do you assume that everytime we talk about talented rappers, we are talking about gangsta rap.

Nna, keep your misguided sentiments to yourself. BOB is plain wack and that has nothing to do with him being gangsta or not. Emcees like Lupe, Mos Def etc have no gangsta credentials but they still get our respect anyday of the week.

If BOB considers himself a singer, producer reh reh reh, I'd advise him to stick to that rather than boring us with his unimaginative raps. Very soon I won't see difference between Lady Gaga and BOB. I'm sure Lady Gaga can do HipHop album as well if BOB can.

I'm sorry that niggas like Donnel Jones etc are no longer around to compare with BOB, cos I sure won't be comparing him to others in rap category.

The day you wanna bring BOB into out HipHop conversations, you might as well bring Lady Gaga and Katy Perry. Shebi they make "good music" as well. WE ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES!
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by DBR: 8:33pm On Oct 12, 2010
But it used to back then . . . the 'hood' counted back then.

eldee the point is at the period of that beef jay z was more in the lime light and bigger fan base than nas, period.
Jay had the throne, Nas admited that by tellin him to "come out of it" Its simple, stop playin to the gallery.

This is a basic argument . . . who's musically better?? It's Drake.
I don't know why you're dragging this, it's effing ridiculous. Let's go ask Alicia Keys and Kanye.
Fa fa fa foul!! That's not the argument. the arguement is who wins a beef/diss encounter!
U the one draggin it to ur pop comfort zone.

Ye wants to go in on everyone's project, even 50 Cent's. . . but when there are bidding wars on beats, it's a different matter.
You're the only person in this world that thinks Roc Nation cares about J.Cole.
U dont kno the terms of the sign up, so quit sayin Roc dont care.
There's a reason y Cole is producingmost of the tracks, there's a reason Jay sign him in the first place. .of all dudes lookin for sign ups.

The question is not whether he did or not, the issue is, he went beyond contemplating on whether to drop the song or not, decided to ditch it and then changed his mind.
I'll use football because it's the dumbest thing in this world . . . Wenger will never contemplate dropping a fit Fabregas to the bench, but he'll contemplate on Eboue. J.Cole = Eboue to Jay-Z.
Time and time again u amaze me with ur lopsided analogies.
Wenger a coach, not in the field of play wit the fabregas
JayZ on the track wit Cole are both players, not coach toa player.
try harder!

KABOOM!!! Suicide bombing . . . Drake opened for Mos Def in a few of his gigs.  
The irony.
So wat?? C'monn eldee. .
Whenu get diffrerent artist to perform, sm1 gotta open for the other.
He busy openin for Mos, while cole blazin a track with him.
Just like Drake on hook, Cole on a whole verse, if u aint gettin the picture, adjust ur zoom lens!

I've given you the ish that counts and you're here dragging things.
I've got an England match to attend to
ok, i shuldda know u r distracted, cos normally u wont be so pointless.

Shifting goalposts here aren't we?? You spent a whole hour telling me Drake was behind J.Cole and you switch all of a sudden.
No post change, cos u aint even scorin no point as regard the Topic.

Go cheer ur team to victory and leave Hiphop to those who kno bout it witout google search. grin

oNe
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by DBR: 8:35pm On Oct 12, 2010
Ibime:

I'm sorry that niggas like[b] Donnel Jones etc are no longer around to compare with BOB,[/b] cos I sure won't be comparing him to others in rap category.

The day you wanna bring BOB into out HipHop conversations, you might as well bring Lady Gaga and Katy Perry. Shebi they make "good music" as well. WE ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES!

LMAO. . .i tire o!!
Well said jaree.

oNe
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by hax: 8:46pm On Oct 12, 2010
which kain tag team be this one?

you guys should leave eldee alone o!!

you know i'm kidding. deal with him! lmao
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by Ibime(m): 9:22pm On Oct 12, 2010
You can't blame Eldee. His biggest HipHop influence is Kanye. Its not a long leap from Kanye to likes of Kid Kudi and BOB. A house built on wrong foundation can never stand. If his early influences were likes of Big Pun, Big L, Canibus etc, he would not be yarning such opata.
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by eldee(m): 9:24pm On Oct 12, 2010
DBR:

eldee the point is at the period of that beef jay z was more in the lime light and bigger fan base than nas, period.
Jay had the throne, Nas admited that by tellin him to "come out of it"

Do your research, I can't keep arguing on this.

DBR:

Its simple, stop playin to the gallery.Fa fa fa foul!! That's not the argument. the arguement is who wins a beef/diss encounter!
U the one draggin it to your pop comfort zone.

Hehehe . . . it was a simple trap and you fell for it.
I asked if J.Cole could touch him in musical talent and you decided lying was a better thing to do, instead of arguing that it shouldn't count, which would still have been a flawed argument.

You're confused, you don't even know what to argue anymore . . . at least Ibime still has an area of competence.
DBR:

U dont kno the terms of the sign up, so quit sayin Roc dont care.
There's a reason y Cole is producingmost of the tracks, there's a reason Jay sign him in the first place. .of all dudes lookin for sign ups.

There's a reason artists come out to complain that record labels don't promote them enough, because they don't.
I don't care about the terms of the deal, but I know how 50 promoted G-Unit, I know how Wayne marketed Drake, J.Cole doesn't enjoy those benefits.
Now you're going back to . . .'yeah, Hov does care bout him'

DBR:

Time and time again u amaze me with your lopsided analogies.
Wenger a coach, not in the field of play wit the fabregas
JayZ on the track wit Cole are both players, not coach toa player.

What exactly is the point of this?? Or would it have been different if I used Vialli?? Oh, why didn't you highlight the fact that Wenger is white and not black like Jay-Z??
Abeg . . . the point of that analogy is simple, Jay-Z is the decision maker on Blueprint III, he considered dropping J.Cole, he decided to drop J.Cole and then changed his mind.
Another unnecessary argument from you. . . I do enjoy pointing them out by the way.

DBR:

So wat?? C'monn eldee. .
Whenu get diffrerent artist to perform, sm1 gotta open for the other.
He busy openin for Mos, while cole blazin a track with him.
Just like Drake on hook, Cole on a whole verse, if u aint gettin the picture, adjust your zoom lens!

Hehehe . . . it's a Cole world, simple question, is taking an artist on tour with you not enough of a co-sign??
You thought you had the joker when you mentioned Mos Def, and as usual you flopped, now it's 'erm erm but he likes J.Cole better' grin grin
Drop the poker face, I already aced this ish.

DBR:

ok, i shuldda know u r distracted, cos normally u wont be so pointless.No post change, cos u aint even scorin no point as regard the Topic.

Go cheer your team to victory and leave Hiphop to those who kno bout it witout google search. grin

Well . . . I don't need to comment on this do I??
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by eldee(m): 9:42pm On Oct 12, 2010
Ibime:

Why do you assume that everytime we talk about talented rappers, we are talking about gangsta rap.

Nna, keep your misguided sentiments to yourself. BOB is plain wack and that has nothing to do with him being gangsta or not. Emcees like Lupe, Mos Def etc have no gangsta credentials but they still get our respect anyday of the week.

If BOB considers himself a singer, producer reh reh reh, I'd advise him to stick to that rather than boring us with his unimaginative raps. Very soon I won't see difference between Lady Gaga and BOB. I'm sure Lady Gaga can do HipHop album as well if BOB can.

I'm sorry that niggas like Donnel Jones etc are no longer around to compare with BOB, cos I sure won't be comparing him to others in rap category.

It's simple . . . B.O.B thread, I discuss B.O.B, Drake thread, I discuss Drake, Big L thread, I discuss Big L . . . do you need me to go on??

I won't discuss Katie Perry, not because you said I should go to perezhilton.com, just because I don't listen to her music.

Did I point out that I don't actually care about your opinion on less 'credible' hiphop artistes??

That said, what other blind assumptions would you like to assert on my taste in music??
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by Ibime(m): 9:54pm On Oct 12, 2010
BOBs verses are just fillers inbetween choruses. True or False?
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by eldee(m): 10:02pm On Oct 12, 2010
Ibime:

BOBs verses are just fillers inbetween choruses. True or False?

I don't know how true that is, but he does a lot of singing, anything wrong with that??
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by chiogo(f): 10:22pm On Oct 12, 2010
Ill.I.Be:

DRAKE HAS THREE MIXTAPES. J.COLE HAS NONE. YOU CAN'T TAKE THE SKILS AWAY FROM DRAKE. LET J.COLE DROP THREE MIXTAPES AND AN ALBUM THEN WE'LL COMPARE BOTH CATS, BUT LYRICALLY J.COLE GIVES ME GOOSE BUMBS. AM JUST SAYING
LOL huh?

Great! The essay-writers are back!! gotta love it grin

And can y'all leave my B.o.B out of this? Always the scape-goat sad
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by hax: 11:31pm On Oct 12, 2010
chiogo:

LOL huh?
na so we see am o.

Great! The essay-writers are back!! gotta love it grin
lol
same here. i'm all for bashing 'hip-pop'.

And can y'all leave my B.o.B out of this? Always the scape-goat sad
'cos he's wack?
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by Ibime(m): 12:10am On Oct 13, 2010
Eldee,

I put you on the spot about his verses to forego all dribbling about singing, production etc.

Since you sef no fit carry mouth talk say in sabi rap, case done close.

So anytime wey we dey list top new rappers, no try join BOB name cos you sef no fit vouch for in rapping skill.

As for anybody wey take style misyarn, na pesin wey no look face go dey greet dog when e enter room. Dat one na coded message.
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by Genuflect(m): 1:09am On Oct 13, 2010
You guys are still on this shiiit? Where the fukk is 04kaa to stir up both parties?
Lemme see if I can impersonate him
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. WE ARE ABOUT TO HAVING THE BIGGEST BATTLESHIP OF THE YEAR. DRAKE VS J. COLE!!!!!!!!
AS YOU ALL KNOWN, WE NAIRALANDERS LOVE CONTROLVERSEE. IT IS ALL FUN. AS THE EBORA METADILOGOJI AND THE CHIEF THIEF OF ENJOYMENT, I HAVE TO THRIVE TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN
DRAKE IS A FAYA SPITTER. DRAKE CAN SPIT HOUSE FAYA. HE IS A BOMBMAN. HE IS VERY HOT LIKE A FIRE
J. COLE IS NOT A FIRE. HE IS JUST 'COLE' LIKE A COLD WATER. JINADU COLE, YOU BETTER BE READY FOR DRIZZY DRAKE. YOU ARE NO MATCH FOR HIM. HE IS FAIYA DAN YOU,  YOU BETTER BACK OFF LIKE A BACK THAT IS OFF THE WALL. I HOPE YOU ARE SCARED OR ARE YOU SCARED? LMFAO. I KNOW YOU ARE SCARE. I'M EVEN SURE MY LIL' MISS EBORA STUDENT, DEELADY, RAP FASTER THAN YOU. YOU ARE A AMATEAR
OYA DRAKE, SHEBI YOU SEE THAT IVE WEEKEND HIM. OYA SPIT A WARNING SHOTGUN SO THAT JINADU COLE WILL KNOW YOU ARE A FAYA!! LET HIM KNOW WHAT YOU ARE MAKE OFF. WE ARE ALL WAITING PATIENT. Or you can send it OboLangido@gmail.com
Chai!! Americana Hip-Hop sweet o grin grin grin grin
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by chiogo(f): 1:28am On Oct 13, 2010
^^^
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!! you are wicked!!
Genuflect:

YOU BETTER BACK OFF LIKE A BACK THAT IS OFF THE WALL. I HOPE YOU ARE SCARED OR ARE YOU SCARED? LMFAO. I KNOW YOU ARE SCARE.
embarassed
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by dawhizkid1(m): 6:10am On Oct 13, 2010
Genuflect:

You guys are still on this shiiit? Where the fukk is 04kaa to stir up both parties?
Lemme see if I can impersonate him
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. WE ARE ABOUT TO HAVING THE BIGGEST BATTLESHIP OF THE YEAR. DRAKE VS J. COLE!!!!!!!!
AS YOU ALL KNOWN, WE NAIRALANDERS LOVE CONTROLVERSEE. IT IS ALL FUN. AS THE EBORA METADILOGOJI AND THE CHIEF THIEF OF ENJOYMENT, I HAVE TO THRIVE TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN
DRAKE IS A FAYA SPITTER. DRAKE CAN SPIT HOUSE FAYA. HE IS A BOMBMAN. HE IS VERY HOT LIKE A FIRE
J. COLE IS NOT A FIRE. HE IS JUST 'COLE' LIKE A COLD WATER. JINADU COLE, YOU BETTER BE READY FOR DRIZZY DRAKE. YOU ARE NO MATCH FOR HIM. HE IS FAIYA DAN YOU,  YOU BETTER BACK OFF LIKE A BACK THAT IS OFF THE WALL. I HOPE YOU ARE SCARED OR ARE YOU SCARED?
LMFAO. I KNOW YOU ARE SCARE. I'M EVEN SURE MY LIL' MISS EBORA STUDENT, DEELADY, RAP FASTER THAN YOU. YOU ARE A AMATEAR
OYA DRAKE, SHEBI YOU SEE THAT IVE WEEKEND HIM. OYA SPIT A WARNING SHOTGUN SO THAT JINADU COLE WILL KNOW YOU ARE A FAYA!! LET HIM KNOW WHAT YOU ARE MAKE OFF. WE ARE ALL WAITING PATIENT. Or you can send it OboLangido@gmail.com
Chai!! Americana Hip-Hop sweet o grin grin grin grin
ROFLMAO grin grin grin Razor, U na Idiot. . I Swear!!! E don finish 4 u if 04ka see dis 1.
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by DBR: 6:16am On Oct 13, 2010
Hehehe, Genuflirt. .that was a claSICK!
Lmao. .me I didn't dey o .lol

oNe
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by DBR: 8:48am On Oct 13, 2010
Do your research, I can't keep arguing on this.

What more research? When both artiste involved agreed on the fact that Jay was the dude on the throne at that point.
Nas has cult followership, he's the master lyricist but fan base wasnt as BIG in terms of numbers as Jay's.
U go do the research!

Hehehe . . . it was a simple trap and you fell for it.
I asked if J.Cole could touch him in musical talent and you decided lying was a better thing to do, instead of arguing that it shouldn't count, which would still have been a flawed argument.

U asked the question, i told u that wasnt the argument. .in ur mind that makes me a liar? u so deluded boy!

Lets even leave it at that; who is more musical? I say Cole.
Hiphop/rap is a music genre and i say Cole make better Hiphop/rap music than cole.
Prove otherwise, and let those who really know this thing come b!t[/i]ch slap u.

You're confused, you don't even know what to argue anymore . . . at least Ibime still has an area of competence.
U r so intelligently childish with ur argument i cant but chuckle at ur brattish remarks.

There's a reason artists come out to complain that record labels don't promote them enough, because they don't.
I don't care about the terms of the deal, but I know how 50 promoted G-Unit, I know how Wayne marketed Drake, J.Cole doesn't enjoy those benefits.
Now you're going back to . . .'yeah, Hov does care bout him'
Was the issue ever bout the support the label is giving the artist??
U r the one stringin all these into in just to make a point, and u even terrible at it.
Wait till Cole complains naaauww! And eben when he does it's irrelevant to the issue here.

Abeg . . . the point of that analogy is simple, Jay-Z is the decision maker on Blueprint III, he considered dropping J.Cole, he decided to drop J.Cole and then changed his mind.
Another unnecessary argument from you. . . I do enjoy pointing them out by the way.
Keep blabbin . .u well reputed for it.
Btw, the best of players have been benched at 1 time or the other. .witout an injury.
Plus coaches do make bad decisions as well based on bad judgement as well.
Which brings me back to the Q, y did he now put him on the track.
Do u think that now he wished he had dropped him, i think not. cos Jay wuldda deprived himself and fans of the
brilliant opportunity of enjoyin that well crafted verse.E'rbody agreed t'was hot and a peak point in the album.
If u dont see these fact, u'l neva see any.

Hehehe . . . it's a Cole world, simple question, is taking an artist on tour with you not enough of a co-sign??
You thought you had the joker when you mentioned Mos Def, and as usual you flopped, now it's 'erm erm but he likes J.Cole better'
Drop the poker face, I already aced this ish.

Ok, so he kicked a freestyle at a show Mos headlined means a co sign?
Heck, Drake was on d stage wit another dude.
Dont feed us crap like Mos was takin him around on a tour or sth,
Cole blazin a track wit Mos and Talib is wat i call a true co sign.

Ace the ishh ko a[i]s[/i]s the sh![i]t
nii grin

oNe
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by eldee(m): 9:49pm On Oct 14, 2010
DBR:

What more research? When both artiste involved agreed on the fact that Jay was the dude on the throne at that point.
Nas has cult followership, he's the master lyricist but fan base wasnt as BIG in terms of numbers as Jay's.
U go do the research!

Hehehe . . . Nas already had songs with Kels, Lauryn Hill and Diddy and you say he didn't have a huge fan base??
At worst they had equal fan strength in numbers, if anything, Jay-Z rode on that beef to where he is today.

Nas was ahead of Jay-Z in artist status back then, Jay-Z launched a Takeover, you don't Takeover from yourself do you??
Anyway, the whole thing that started this was . . . why did Jay-Z lose even though he had more hurting disses?? Because Nas had more fans where it mattered back then.

DBR:

U asked the question, i told u that wasnt the argument. .in your mind that makes me a liar? u so deluded boy!

Hehehe . . . you see where you faltered again?? I already said who was more talented lyrically ages ago.
You're debate-thirsty as usual, even Ibime sees where I'm coming from, there is much more to rap beef than been lyrically gifted, it will be extremely naive to claim otherwise.

DBR:

Hiphop/rap is a music genre and i say Cole make better Hiphop/rap music than cole.
Prove otherwise, and let those who really know this thing come b!t[/i]ch slap u.

Listen to yourself speak . . .
Majority of Drake's work goes into the musical part of hiphop and that part he does better than Cole.
That's as obvious as saying pure water is colourless.

DBR:

U r so intelligently childish with your argument i cant but chuckle at your brattish remarks.

Childish or no childish, you're exhibiting traits I won't see if we were arguing about sumn you're more knowledgeable at say Modenine or sumn.
Switching from one standpoint to the other, grasping word interpretations, holding on to the last straw for a lost cause, there's a reason you're doing this cannot be far-fetched, it's not your area of competence.

DBR:

Was the issue ever bout the support the label is giving the artist??
U r the one stringin all these into in just to make a point, and u even terrible at it.
Wait till Cole complains naaauww! And eben when he does it's irrelevant to the issue here.

Then you shouldn't argue and miss the point in the first place.
Now I said . . . if Drake went into a battle with J.Cole, the fact that he's with Lil Wayne will definitely help.
Swaying bias votes, production, fan appeal, and some of the other things I mentioned. . . now J.Cole is bringing just one thing to the table, 'I'm talented' and these days it's bigger than talent.
Drake will get more spins on radio, he'll present his better, have more fans digging it and many other things that J.Cole will not have with Jay-Z.

Now Ibime made a valid point, if J.Cole dropped a Roc Nation album . . . got fans to demand a pay-per-view battle in New York or sumn, he'll murk Drake, and I do agree with him.

DBR:

Keep blabbin . .u well reputed for it.
Btw, the best of players have been benched at 1 time or the other. .witout an injury.
Plus coaches do make bad decisions as well based on bad judgement as well.
Which brings me back to the Q, y did he now put him on the track.
Do u think that now he wished he had dropped him, i think not. cos Jay wuldda deprived himself and fans of the
brilliant opportunity of enjoyin that well crafted verse.E'rbody agreed t'was hot and a peak point in the album.
If u dont see these fact, u'l neva see any.

Now this comes back to how important a player is to the team, in football terms, Jay-Z's Blueprint 3 would be the World Cup Final.
You don't consider benching your star player in the match that decides your future.

The point is not whether it would have been a bad decision or not, the point is does he consider J.Cole a star player?? Not really.

Now why did he put him back?? Now I wouldn't know, but it still doesn't change the fact that before final packaging, he'd informed J.Cole that 'dude, you won't be making the team' and then changed his mind which wouldn't have happened if he were a Fabregas.
Football is the easiest thing to understand in this world . . . this is as clear as I can make it.

A Star is Born the peak of the album?? That's a personal opinion not a fact.

DBR:

Ok, so he kicked a freestyle at a show Mos headlined means a co sign?
Heck, Drake was on d stage wit another dude.
Dont feed us crap like Mos was takin him around on a tour or sth,
Cole blazin a track wit Mos and Talib is wat i call a true co sign.

Ace the ishh ko a[i]s[/i]s the sh![i]t
nii grin
oNe

Dude, when you bring an artist to open for you on a show, I dunno but it just might mean you think the guy's kinda good.
I'm not sure though, because I saw Talib Kweli talk about how he won't have had Ye on his gigs if he wasn't feeling him. undecided undecided
Infact maybe some artists let people they consider wack open for them so that they can appear a lot better. cheesy cheesy

BTW . . .Maybe it's just me but I never saw Mos Def cosign J.Cole, don't get me wrong . . . this is a question of fact not a question of his talent.
Talib featured Mos Def on a track and featured J.Cole too, and if you know how collabos are done these days, they send beat to each of the rappers and tell them to record on it, even J.Cole said it that he got the beat in an email, same way Mos Def musta gotten it.

And please don't let your emotions speak for you, sit back, read what I said and digest before you say a word.
You probably know by now that I watch a lot of J.Cole interviews, so can you not try to play the hater card, it makes you sound like a Modestan grin grin grin
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by eldee(m): 10:03pm On Oct 14, 2010
Ibime:

Eldee,

I put you on the spot about his verses to forego all dribbling about singing, production etc.

Since you sef no fit carry mouth talk say in sabi rap, case done close.

So anytime wey we dey list top new rappers, no try join BOB name cos you sef no fit vouch for in rapping skill.

As for anybody wey take style misyarn, na pesin wey no look face go dey greet dog when e enter room. Dat one na coded message.

You say it like I've ever come out to say B.O.B is lyrical or sumn.
I know what I find good in his album and I've said it so many times. . . it's not his lyrical skills.
You're trying to make me sound like some blind fan when I've only talked about him once on NL.
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by poweredcom(m): 12:15am On Oct 15, 2010
JCOLE IS MORE TIGHTER THAN DRAKE OK LET LEAVE IT LIEK THAT , DRAKE IS JUST A SINGER AND ACTOR AND A CHEAP RHYMES RAPPER , WHO DA WHO DA, CHECK OUT DA FLAME
Praise God it’s hard to stay spiritual,how they got these n-ggas on the TV selling miracles,you mean to tell me everything gon be fine.if I call your hotline and pay 29.99 sh-t , well damn, why aint you say so, J cole,
grin
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by hax: 12:45am On Oct 15, 2010
eldee:

Hehehe . . . Nas already had songs with Kels, Lauryn Hill and Diddy and you say he didn't have a huge fan base??
At worst they had equal fan strength in numbers, if anything, Jay-Z rode on that beef to where he is today.
Nas had a large fanbase then. Jay's was much larger though. That was Jay of 'Sunshine', 'Big Pimpin' and 'Hard Knock Life'. Nas' biggest hits before that were 'Nas is like' and 'Nastradamus'. lol

You're the one who loves to bring up numbers every chance you get.

I Am,  - 470k 1st week, 2x plat
Nastradamus,  232k 1st week, plat.
----
Vol 2- 5x plat
Vol 3 - 462k 1st week, 3x plat

Men lie, women lie? There you go.

Nas was ahead of Jay-Z in artist status back then, Jay-Z launched a Takeover, you don't Takeover from yourself do you??
Anyway, the whole thing that started this was . . . why did Jay-Z lose even though he had more hurting disses?? Because Nas had more fans where it mattered back then.
Yeah right. Who said Jay 'lost'? Who said he had 'more hurting disses'? lmfao

Hehehe . . . you see where you faltered again?? I already said who was more talented lyrically ages ago.
You're debate-thirsty as usual, even Ibime sees where I'm coming from, there is much more to rap beef than been lyrically gifted, it will be extremely naive to claim otherwise.
You're right. If you're talking about J. Cole and Drake, the difference is clear though. In a rap beef, Drake singing an auto-tune hook would be shooting himself in the foot. J. Cole is actually talented too. This isn't Canibus we're talking about here. J. Cole's a great producer, and if he's not in the mood, he could always get Kanye or No I.D. or maybe even Just Blaze to do a track for him. I'd rather pick them over Cool and Dre or 40 or boi-1da, thank you. J. Cole's got a very good ear for beats. You know that. Expect something like Who Dat with much hotter punchlines.

Listen to yourself speak . . .
Majority of Drake's work goes into the musical part of hiphop and that part he does better than Cole.
That's as obvious as saying pure water is colourless.
Not really.
And if the 'musical part' of rap battling was SO important, Jay-Z would have murked Nas. Since Takeover's beat was much better than Ether's. And BET wouldn't do their cypher with the same beat for 3 years.

Then you shouldn't argue and miss the point in the first place.
Now I said . . . if Drake went into a battle with J.Cole, the fact that he's with Lil Wayne will definitely help.
Swaying bias votes, production, fan appeal, and some of the other things I mentioned. . . now J.Cole is bringing just one thing to the table, 'I'm talented' and these days it's bigger than talent.
Drake will get more spins on radio, he'll present his better, have more fans digging it and many other things that J.Cole will not have with Jay-Z.
Yup. Jigga would sit back and watch his little protege get destroyed by Drake.

Now Ibime made a valid point, if J.Cole dropped a Roc Nation album . . . got fans to demand a pay-per-view battle in New York or sumn, he'll murk Drake, and I do agree with him.
duh.

Now this comes back to how important a player is to the team, in football terms, Jay-Z's Blueprint 3 would be the World Cup Final.
You don't consider benching your star player in the match that decides your future.
Empire State of Mind was going to be Jay and Nas. Alicia Keys was the star player in the end. What he 'considered' and 'almost did' doesn't matter. What he DID do is what's important.
At least he considered giving J. Cole a verse. He knew he couldn't stand Drake rapping in that his one flow for a whole verse. So he stuck him to the hook. Same with Cudi.

The point is not whether it would have been a bad decision or not, the point is does he consider J.Cole a star player?? Not really.
So? He didn't consider Alicia a key player, so just stop bringing this irrelevant stuff up.

Now why did he put him back?? Now I wouldn't know, but it still doesn't change the fact that before final packaging, he'd informed J.Cole that 'dude, you won't be making the team' and then changed his mind which wouldn't have happened if he were a Fabregas.
Football is the easiest thing to understand in this world . . . this is as clear as I can make it.
And let's continue the football metaphor. What's Jay-Z's 'goal'? Is he going to be 'Arsenal' or 'Chelsea'? Is he going to entertain more heads and win no plaque (trophy), or be commercial and appeal to everyone and win a platinum plaque? Money or respect? He's earned the respect, now the money is what's important. Or he wouldn't have told you to buy his old sh-it. More J. Cole verses would have brought him more respect since let's face it, J. Cole would have dropped more hot verses and outshone Jay throughout. Imagine J. Cole bragging on Run this town. Wouldn't get him as many iTunes downloads as a Rihanna hook, now would it?

A Star is Born the peak of the album?? That's a personal opinion not a fact.
Best verse on the album.

FACT. tongue

Dude, when you bring an artist to open for you on a show, I dunno but it just might mean you think the guy's kinda good.
I'm not sure though, because I saw Talib Kweli talk about how he won't have had Ye on his gigs if he wasn't feeling him. undecided undecided
Infact maybe some artists let people they consider wack open for them so that they can appear a lot better. cheesy cheesy
Just because he's feeling Drake doesn't mean he isn't feeling a 1000 other cats.

BTW . . .Maybe it's just me but I never saw Mos Def cosign J.Cole, don't get me wrong . . . this is a question of fact not a question of his talent.
Talib featured Mos Def on a track and featured J.Cole too, and if you know how collabos are done these days, they send beat to each of the rappers and tell them to record on it, even J.Cole said it that he got the beat in an email, same way Mos Def musta gotten it.
Yeah, Mos Def and Talbi Kweli and Hi-Tek would send a beat in an e-mail to 2 random rappers, JERMAINE COLE AND JAY ELECTRONICA. Cudi and B.o.B might have missed it in their inboxes. mchew.

And please don't let your emotions speak for you, sit back, read what I said and digest before you say a word.
You probably know by now that I watch a lot of J.Cole interviews, so can you not try to play the hater card, it makes you sound like a Modestan grin grin grin
You're not a hater. You just seem to love your pop music more. And that's all good. tongue jkjkjk
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by kaydee(m): 1:57am On Oct 15, 2010
@ Genuflect grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

U're one sick basket,i swear, LWKMD
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by DBR: 8:59am On Oct 15, 2010
Eldeeeeeeeee . .
See, when u are desperately tryna sound intelligent u make mockery of reason.
Cos u envelpoe urself in your tiny world and think like Sylla your drain others of their power
to think and reason. .more intelligently.
As usual u r the debate thirsty vampire . .

And obviously u dont know what music is:
It's as obvious as it gets. .Cole has better Hip hop music than Drake . .an imbecille wld know that.
U culd say Drake is more mellodic(due to the popish thingy). .but that dont mean better music.
Hiphop is Music, and j.cole has better music in that genre.

Switching? Dude dont credit me for with your vacillations. U r the one who brot in all sort.
The simple thing is; in a battle Cole will carry the day, EVERYBODY knows that for a fact. .minus u!

Drake will get help from wayne and radio spins? And J cole only bringing talent to the table??
Ok so, in your own mind, J.cole is all alone in this world?? And u gon strip him off his other ability
cos u wanna make a pointless point? So Soulja boy or Gucci mane, or B.O.B get more melodious
tunes and radio spins than a Mickey factz, guess they'l all kill him in a battle??
U baffle me. . seriously!

So collabos are sneak attacks? U wont kno other dudes that'l be on the track and u just jump on it cos a beat was sent to u??
Eldeeee. . .ok i don hear. U are right on all count. . .Jeeeezzzz!!!!

Yea wuldda sat to digest your point, but sorry i cant stomach crap,
got zero tolerance for a smart person sounding "unsmart".

Hax, has drummed perfectly enuff. But sure u wont still see reasons. Go on knock urself out.
The topic is on a loooooooooooong thing now.

oNe
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by Vacora(m): 12:46pm On Oct 18, 2010
Let's clear one thing up; there is a big difference between HipPop and HipHop. J.Cole is an MC, the kid is lyrically gifted. He reminds me of MCs in the 90s who did not depend on gimmicks - gyrating women, rims, blings etc to sell records, this cat even raps in only a white t-shirt in Grown Simba directed by BB Gun. J.Cole's album is one of the most highly anticipated albums. He is one of the young artists trying to bring HipHop back to the golden era, another cat i rate highly is Jay Electronica.
As for Drake, sorry, he may have record sales but he's a pop tart - no offense.

Now back to topic: I don't think J.Cole was taking any shots at Drake in particular, it's a sort of wake up call to wack rappers and these days there are loads of them : Gucci Mane, Soulja Boi, Wacka Flocka, Plies.

Get to the Choppa!!!!!!!
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by chiogo(f): 3:58am On Oct 20, 2010
LOL Some of you are so hilarious! Y'all kill me grin

Ok so, in your own mind, J.cole is all alone in this world??
LMAO!! Well, he did call it a 'Cole world' grin

hax:

Yeah right. Who said Jay 'lost'? Who said he had 'more hurting disses'? lmfao
Didn't he lose?
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by DBR: 12:10pm On Oct 20, 2010
chiogo:

LOL Some of you are so  hilarious! Y'all kill me  grin
LMAO!! Well, he did call it a 'Cole world'  grin
Oh yea, so tht means he's alone in d world? Ok with that same reasonin'. .
it's a "man's world" i guess that means women dont exist grin

oNe
Re: Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? by Bamsyle2(m): 4:22pm On Oct 20, 2010
Raging Storms . . . see essays dancing back n forth.

Ma quick thots - J.Cole will of course win the battle (except Drake cooks up a big lyrical surprise) . . . but Drake will win the "war" - ma piece on the DBR/Eldee diegesis.

It's always been that way from time immemorial . . . kinda like a re-enactment of the 2pac/Biggie, Nas/Jay-Z, Canibus/LL battles . . . Pac slayed Biggie with words, Biggie out-classed Pac . . . Nas ethered Jay-Z, Hov went on to outshine Nas . . . Canibus knocked LL (out or down, can't say), but where's 'Bis today??

Battles like this usually end up as a WIN-WIN situation . . . it's too much of an open-ended debate to go on . . . there'll be strong points on both sides of the divide . . . even if it's a battle of Wits V. Class, folks gotta know that 'battles' don't usually end with one or even a couple more tracks packed with dope verses and ish . . . peops would eventually look beyond the lyrics and end up asking "who's the better rapper"??

That said, I root for J.Cole's music over Drake's . . . I loathe Drake's with every bone in me . . . but I was just tryna be, erm . . . "politically correct"!!!  grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

M.I Abaga - Illegal Music 2 MI2 / (official Video) Olamide - Poverty Die 'mp4 Download' / Mo'hits All Stars "cv" Album

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.