Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,396 members, 7,812,161 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:17 AM

Osinbajo: Extreme Poverty In Nigeria Gives Me Sleepless Nights - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: Extreme Poverty In Nigeria Gives Me Sleepless Nights (17563 Views)

Nigeria Gives Foreign Embassies Two Weeks To Pay $5.36 Million Owed Ground Rents / Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan / Rice Farmers Association Of Nigeria Gives N56M To Buhari To Purcahse Forms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo: Extreme Poverty In Nigeria Gives Me Sleepless Nights by EdenH: 1:53pm On Jun 19, 2019
kingandamy4life:
I will secretly be praying for you to have an encounter with Jesus and so you repent. I don't believe you can doubt the power of God.

ur stupidity is very overwhelming. Even d British dat brought christianity to us will marvel at how stupid it has made majority of folks down here. Chai, sorry. He drove a car without petrol from ore to lagos, Nigerians are foolish honestly. This is why Nigeria will forever be backward

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: Extreme Poverty In Nigeria Gives Me Sleepless Nights by porka: 1:54pm On Jun 19, 2019
2 Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

23 And when he heard this, he was very sorrowful: for he was very rich.

Luke 18:22, 23
King James Version (KJV)
Re: Osinbajo: Extreme Poverty In Nigeria Gives Me Sleepless Nights by TruthinAction: 1:58pm On Jun 19, 2019
400billionman:
Sell your Maybach Mercedes and give the money to the poor..

Oga, TraderMoni.

The 300 million naira budgeted for his transport expenses in 2019 can help a lot of people. Where is he even traveling to when he has problems to fix in his country.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Extreme Poverty In Nigeria Gives Me Sleepless Nights by RexTramadol1: 1:58pm On Jun 19, 2019
Lie kee yu dia
Re: Osinbajo: Extreme Poverty In Nigeria Gives Me Sleepless Nights by ogbonti: 1:58pm On Jun 19, 2019
aolawale025:
Rich cannot sleep because the poor is awake

You got me laughing so so hard, damn it. grin
Re: Osinbajo: Extreme Poverty In Nigeria Gives Me Sleepless Nights by EdenH: 1:59pm On Jun 19, 2019
nelsonoba:

Were you inside his petrol tank? Were you even inside his car? If you don't have evidence from inside that petrol tank to disprove him, then why don't you just shut up and face your pagan gods and allow some of us who worship The Living God to be?? Jesus turned water to wine and he said that those who believe and have faith will do GREATER WORKS THAN HE DID ON EARTH. So stop putting our ALMIGHTY GOD in the category of your toothless deaf & dumb useless pagan gods who have no power to give life.
Rubbish. why does he bother flying his jet with fuel? he shld try otherwise, brainwashed deluded people.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Extreme Poverty In Nigeria Gives Me Sleepless Nights by akilo1: 2:01pm On Jun 19, 2019
Abi vp?
Re: Osinbajo: Extreme Poverty In Nigeria Gives Me Sleepless Nights by stanliwise(m): 2:02pm On Jun 19, 2019
Jobac:
Nigerians are not doubting your sincerity, we have 100% confidence in Buhari's government. Everybody is happy with Buhari and Osinbajo except some miserable failures from a certain region who want their own country or death before the electioneering. They never see anything good in themselves, why would they think good of Nigeria? With or without them, Nigeria is moving forward. Poverty bye bye! This is the new Nigeria we have been yearning for.

It is even in the Bible that "If you are willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the land"
Only the obedient ones will eat the best of Nigeria and not all the online miscreants jumping from one thread to another. Buhari and Osinbajo will complete this four years without any problem. If you like support Next Level and eat the good of the land and if you choose otherwise...you self judge it now.
You don't live in Nigeria, or you are not a human at the first place.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Extreme Poverty In Nigeria Gives Me Sleepless Nights by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 19, 2019
Jobac:
Nigerians are not doubting your sincerity, we have 100% confidence in Buhari's government. Everybody is happy with Buhari and Osinbajo except some miserable failures from a certain region who want their own country or death before the electioneering. They never see anything good in themselves, why would they think good of Nigeria? With or without them, Nigeria is moving forward. Poverty bye bye! This is the new Nigeria we have been yearning for.

It is even in the Bible that "If you are willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the land"
Only the obedient ones will eat the best of Nigeria and not all the online miscreants jumping from one thread to another. Buhari and Osinbajo will complete this four years without any problem. If you like support Next Level and eat the good of the land and if you choose otherwise...you self judge it now.
Thank you for your sermon. But believe me, if Nigeria were moving forward, you will not need this epistle filled with threats and coercion and a healthy dose of blind optimism to cajole people to support this failed government. Facts are sacred. Ask yourself if people are better off now than they were four years ago. Therein lies were your sermon should be directed.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Extreme Poverty In Nigeria Gives Me Sleepless Nights by sapientia(m): 2:04pm On Jun 19, 2019
So there is extreme poverty under Buhari?

NL Zs will never take this from even the VP.
Re: Osinbajo: Extreme Poverty In Nigeria Gives Me Sleepless Nights by stanliwise(m): 2:05pm On Jun 19, 2019
kingandamy4life:
I will secretly be praying for you to have an encounter with Jesus and so you repent. I don't believe you can doubt the power of God.

As much as I wouldn't speak against Adeboye, I wouldn't join him in the testimony, It is advisable we let the dog rest peacefully.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Extreme Poverty In Nigeria Gives Me Sleepless Nights by follock007(m): 2:07pm On Jun 19, 2019
You and Buhari keep playing a prank on me and the rest of the Masses using your Uranium, Weapon of Mass destruction , the intelligence which you Buhari usually go to purchase from the Uk, USA and the rest of Western Nato Powers to SERVE us our just desert by putting us in a contest of WE AGAINST YOU... The same Solar Waste, technology that is abolished in the west, you bring it down here to ach us like chickens... It looks more than just poverty to me. I am already seeing heaven like Evangelist Stephen. Thank you Osibanjo, Thank you very much

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Extreme Poverty In Nigeria Gives Me Sleepless Nights by chiedu7: 2:20pm On Jun 19, 2019
HappyPagan:

Abedoye said he drove on an empty tank from Ore to Lagos. Nobody questioned this obvious lie, because the Great Magician, the Holy Spirit was involved.

RCCG and honesty have never been bedmates - with Christ, all things are possible, even the impossible.. How then can you tell lies?
Oh boy na ur salvation you dey play with by calling the Holy Spirit a magician.

Yes RCCG is fraud , no join Holy Spirit for this matter.

Thanks to recent revelation we now know that RCCG is Christless, so no blame God.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Extreme Poverty In Nigeria Gives Me Sleepless Nights by michoim(m): 2:21pm On Jun 19, 2019
What a great man of conscience!
Re: Osinbajo: Extreme Poverty In Nigeria Gives Me Sleepless Nights by karma2000: 2:35pm On Jun 19, 2019
The money they looted would be their karma in the near furtire
Re: Osinbajo: Extreme Poverty In Nigeria Gives Me Sleepless Nights by dizon: 2:43pm On Jun 19, 2019
Story story
Re: Osinbajo: Extreme Poverty In Nigeria Gives Me Sleepless Nights by Sammy82: 2:46pm On Jun 19, 2019
Friends and family members please be careful about Loom 2k to get 16k, don't involve yourself, is a big time scam. Beware!!!
Re: Osinbajo: Extreme Poverty In Nigeria Gives Me Sleepless Nights by Mummymahdi(f): 2:47pm On Jun 19, 2019
ChaleeBendel:
Stop lying you're supposed to be a pastor.
A pastor is in a good position to lead with fear of God unless he lack leadership qualities
Re: Osinbajo: Extreme Poverty In Nigeria Gives Me Sleepless Nights by kajoula(m): 2:47pm On Jun 19, 2019
elninosft:

What Keeps Me Awake At Night Is Extreme Poverty Of Nigerians, Nigeria's Vice-President Osinbajo Says

Yemi Osinbajo, Nigeria's Vice President has said the problem of extreme poverty in Nigeria gives him sleepless nights.

Osinbajo lamented at a dinner and interactive session with faculty members of the Harvard Business School (HBS) on Tuesday, in Lagos.

He claimed, “I think what keeps me up at night has to do with extreme poverty; the issue is that the largest number of those who vote for us are the very poor.

“The promises that government makes to them is that their lives will be better and obviously they are looking at their lives being better in the shortest possible time.

“I will like to see Nigeria being an industrialised nation in the next 10 years; a very strong middle class and most people living above poverty line.

“If you are going to do business anywhere in Africa, it has to be Nigeria.

“This is where you have the energy; you have the drive.

“We are already seeing that kind of activity; business people will always be driven by profit.

“Talent will always go in the direction where it is best rewarded; one can’t afford to be sentimental about that.

“As people see that the environment is getting better for business, they will come back; the opportunities for making huge profits are here.

“Practically everything we are doing in to ensure that there is an environment for business to thrive. People are leaving but people are coming back.’’

Oga needs to refill him sympathy cup.....We ain't fools,African Politicians are thieves
Re: Osinbajo: Extreme Poverty In Nigeria Gives Me Sleepless Nights by owila4luv(m): 2:49pm On Jun 19, 2019
even after four years in power, mr vice president you're free to blame the past administration
Re: Osinbajo: Extreme Poverty In Nigeria Gives Me Sleepless Nights by awuf2008: 2:53pm On Jun 19, 2019
Thank God you admitted that people are leaving and not coming back, means the country is bad. Directionless leader.
Re: Osinbajo: Extreme Poverty In Nigeria Gives Me Sleepless Nights by akdjr(m): 2:56pm On Jun 19, 2019
The same VP wey sleep last night?
Re: Osinbajo: Extreme Poverty In Nigeria Gives Me Sleepless Nights by cloudgroup(m): 2:58pm On Jun 19, 2019
heavy thunder...
Re: Osinbajo: Extreme Poverty In Nigeria Gives Me Sleepless Nights by am4truth(m): 3:00pm On Jun 19, 2019
HappyPagan:

Abedoye said he drove on an empty tank from Ore to Lagos. Nobody questioned this obvious lie, because the Great Magician, the Holy Spirit was involved.

RCCG and honesty have never been bedmates - with Christ, all things are possible, even the impossible.. How then can you tell lies?

There is nothing impossible for the Almighty God to do. I pray you experience the power of God. I can assure you your life can never remain the same. Please change your thinking concerning God. The earlier the better.

Peace...
Re: Osinbajo: Extreme Poverty In Nigeria Gives Me Sleepless Nights by Ebenezerk2: 3:03pm On Jun 19, 2019
I thought they said that they had taken millions of people out of poverty
Re: Osinbajo: Extreme Poverty In Nigeria Gives Me Sleepless Nights by am4truth(m): 3:06pm On Jun 19, 2019
EdenH:
Rubbish. why does he bother flying his jet with fuel? he shld try otherwise, brainwashed deluded people.

You got it wrong...The fuel in his car finished while driving from Onitsha to Lagos, and there was fuel scarcity in the country then...he was hoping he would get fuel on his way back to lagos, and he needed to be at work the following day....God spoke to him to take his eyes off the fuel gauge and he believed the God he served, and God the Almighty did what he alone can do...

Do you have to tempt God...you are asking he should not put fuel in his jet....Change your thinking concerning God. Jesus loves you

I pray you too would experience the power of God...I have.

...Peace
Re: Osinbajo: Extreme Poverty In Nigeria Gives Me Sleepless Nights by Angelfrost(m): 3:17pm On Jun 19, 2019
aolawale025:
Rich cannot sleep because the poor is awake

How can the rich sleep... All they dream about is the poor coming in large numbers to plunder their wealth. Let them keep getting richer at the expense of the common man... The day the increasing poor get fed up of the crumbs and revolt, there will be no hiding place for the amassed wealth... All will be plundered and burnt in the raging fire of hunger and despair.
Re: Osinbajo: Extreme Poverty In Nigeria Gives Me Sleepless Nights by innopassion: 3:21pm On Jun 19, 2019
Davash222:
No peace for the wicked!!
God will judge all ye wicked leaders...we thought you were.
Re: Osinbajo: Extreme Poverty In Nigeria Gives Me Sleepless Nights by godliman: 3:22pm On Jun 19, 2019
HappyPagan:

Bros no call Holy Spirit magician ooooo that is blasphemy and it has no forgiveness forever oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Osinbajo: Extreme Poverty In Nigeria Gives Me Sleepless Nights by Reference(m): 3:23pm On Jun 19, 2019
Tacit admittance of four wasted years. Tacit admittance that sharing stipends in markets and motorparks is a better political tool than an economic one.

By the way I thought when you 'fight' corruption you get more prosperous not poorer. At least Peter Obi told you to your face. That you donot abandon your shop to go chasing after thieves, same thing I had been screaming since you were a candidate in 2014, tjat the level of productivity is far too low in Nigeria to sustain her population.

That to fundamentally change Nigeria to 'developing' status from bssket case we need to restructure. In the meanwhile subsidising fuel, forex, higher education and other mass market factors is destroying our caoacity to be productive... and on and on.

So Mister Veepee how has the chase of corruption been these past four years. Where is the recovered loot? Why hasn't it dented poverty....

You guys simply do not have ideas that can move this country forward. Just try and error governance. You recover Abacha loot, share stipends to the poor to 'chop' then collect same amount in interest bearing loans to build railway that creates jobs in China. How in this wonderful world can a leader with open eyes do this economic crime baffles me.

The biggest expenditures ANY GOVERNMENT undertakes MUST, MUST, MUST be geared towards job creation. When countries spend on infrastructure the primary focus is to raise GDP, lower cost of business and create jobs. Whether it is the US bui
ding aorcraft carriers or the UK building high speed rail. Infrastructure that cannot mobilise thousands of jobs is nonsense. It will only lead to capital flight and inflation.

How many Nigerians are employed on the various rail building projects that such humongous amounts will be leaving Nigeria. If you cann8t tell, you simply cannot understand what a prosperous economy is all about.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP: Appointment Of New Service Chiefs Late, Demands Buratai's Probe / Today In Nigerian History: 29th July / Mohammed Uwais Visits Atiku Abubakar (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.