Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,790 members, 7,820,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal (30701 Views)

Tarkwa Bay Island In 2018 – Shocking Story Of An Amazing Community / Flight Took Off In 2018 And Arrived Destination In 2017 / ₦163b, 19floors Into The Ground, China To Open Groundscraper Hotel In 2018(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by Ugosample(m): 9:02am On Jun 20, 2019
AngelicBeing:
l concur with you, l also think that the US should start denying useless politicians and their families visas so that they will also suffer from the sufferings they created for the masses
I agree 100 % with this

2 Likes

Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by Ugosample(m): 9:04am On Jun 20, 2019
drakeli:
The other day, I met a daughter of a former governor (name withheld) of oyo state at an auto bay in Maryland fixing her car and another day, the son of one former speaker of Ondo state coming around my neighborhood in Maryland dating a girl there. All these politicians have their children living outside of the country

exactly
Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by Ugosample(m): 9:05am On Jun 20, 2019
ogbonti:

Their support for China is protesting US visa denial grin
lmao
Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by Focusmind: 9:11am On Jun 20, 2019
My concern is the huge money they are making from Nigerians. Visa fee alone is more than the entire internally generated revenue of the South East and North East combined.

It is high time United Nations and other developing country sponsor a proposal in the UN general assembly for taxing of diplomatic and consular services. Developed world are reaping off on the developing countries through all these visa and other consular services. If you see the amount UK makes from Indian on visa fees, you will be shocked.

Please let government tax embassies on visa fee income biko.

1 Like

Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by Tocynone(m): 9:13am On Jun 20, 2019
internationalman:
And you hardly see Nigerians applying for China.

Yet they are quick to support china whenever that trade war topic is brought to the fp.

Bunch of hypocrites...

America is bad, bully spyware, meddler...

China is taking over bla bla bla.. But they won't go to China and leave America alone.
. English language barrier
Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by Rolly22(m): 9:20am On Jun 20, 2019
Una Just make me dey para for this Visa wey I wan apply.
Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by GetCofOProperty: 9:23am On Jun 20, 2019
[b] BrainDrain is what I see... Many Nigerians wants to leave for a greener pasture becauase the conditions for survival in the country isn't palatable.

Do You Desire A Very Good Property (Landed property or to buy a house apartment) for acquisition or as a form of Investment That Guarantee High Return? Check our signature below on how to get on PROMO affordable titled lands & properties in good location with Rest of mind. There are good properties in choice locations that boast of a huge return on investment.

You may want to partake in the available promos. Visit our Ikeja Office @ 3/9 Olu Koleosho Street (Off Medical Road) or OUR ISLAND OFFICE @Kilometer 38, LEKKI-EPE EXPRESSWAY By Mayfair (AWOYAYA).

Call +2348027390046.
Click the WhatsApp link to reach out to us. Or if you want to know how you can be a part of the business part of Real Estate/Property Business... Join this link together erasing every space and click to chat us ht tp s: / / bit. ly/2ASCSgC
[/b]
Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by Omeizadean(m): 9:28am On Jun 20, 2019
Ugosample:

you really think America cares about NIGERIANS going to the USA?

sometimes Nigerians and Africans in general over estimate their importance.

This is a country wity 41 million foreign born residents
Should we boil wall gecko for this? When u make it a Bleep to believe America is this or that then they don't give a Bleep. If they don't care why re they still here. I smell another slave man here.
Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by Ugosample(m): 9:54am On Jun 20, 2019
Omeizadean:

Should we boil wall gecko for this? When u make it a Bleep to believe America is this or that then they don't give a Bleep. If they don't care why re they still here. I smell another slave man here.

the embassy is here because USA and Nigeria have DIPLOMATIC RELATIONS

you think an embassy is in a country just for visas?

Many of you need an education.

Once diplomatic relations break down between NiggerArea and USA

Both embassy staff and diplomats will be expelled IMMEDIATELY

Like US and Iran has no DIPLOMATIC relations

That is why they are still here.

even countries that are visa free to America and vice versa (eg canada)
they still have embassies and consulates there

1 Like

Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by overlord77: 10:14am On Jun 20, 2019
goodnewsbabe:
Is that the reality?

Yes, it is.

Let's be honest, most people seeking to obtain either a tourist or student visa are doing so for the sole aim of immigrating. Very few return home after. Am not saying it's a bad idea to pursue a better career or life but the US wants all international students to go home after studies. Why can't we try other countries in Europe, Asia, South America etc? Canada has opened her doors to all. but for Christ's sake, why do our people keep abusing everything? I honestly hope they extend these harsh treatments to our public office holders/politicians and their families cos they are the ones making many look for ways out by hook or crook.

Also, have u seen or heard first hand, some responses some of our prospective students give to VOs during interviews? you will wonder if they actually did their homework well before picking a school or course of study. VOs are trained to take every visa applicant as an immigrant by default until you prove otherwise.
Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by internationalman(m): 10:15am On Jun 20, 2019
Tocynone:
. English language barrier
True.. But even the Chinese top the list of applicants denied visa into the US of A
Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by scoutorama(m): 10:47am On Jun 20, 2019
I blame our leaders for this mass exodus, when u have leaders that are insensitive to the plight of the people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by AbleBeing: 11:11am On Jun 20, 2019
internationalman:
And you hardly see Nigerians applying for China.

Yet they are quick to support china whenever that trade war topic is brought to the fp.

Bunch of hypocrites...

America is bad, bully spyware, meddler...

China is taking over bla bla bla.. But they won't go to China and leave America alone.
Thank you brother.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by Nostradamus: 11:12am On Jun 20, 2019
Wait,i hope they are giving out visiting visa? Because I plan on going to watch the NBA all star event in Chicago next year. I don't have plans to reside in America but I want to go watch basketball games(which the Americans are very good at).
Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by 0taPiaPia(m): 11:34am On Jun 20, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

What Fact? Please explain.

They way they keept calling my importer friends... "Oga show for business na"... Many couldn't go cause of the exchange rate and the disturbance continued.... #fact cool
Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by Jaqenhghar: 12:02pm On Jun 20, 2019
0taPiaPia:

They way they keept calling my importer friends... "Oga show for business na"... Many couldn't go cause of the exchange rate and the disturbance continued.... #fact cool
[img]https://media1./images/4ee73851c3bfa93e45b5cbdb5fc42900/tenor.gif?itemid=12001213[/img]
Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by Orjivictory15: 12:44pm On Jun 20, 2019
kennygee:
I heard of a man who got denied for the weirdest reason.

The guy is married and wanted visa to the US for 15 days to attend some conferences.

They asked oga who will take cars of his family if he's away, oga said "my wife is a banker, she can take care of things while I'm away".

Na why them deny the guy be that.
he did not say anything bad na
Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by Dialectics: 10:15pm On Jun 20, 2019
Truth is that the visa approval process can be very subjective. Nigerians are being denied today for reasons that did not cause any concern a few years ago due to the current rate of overstays. Its amusing to read comments stating that America makes lots of money from visa applicants without them considering the cost of providing services. We all know how expensive it is to run any operation in Nigeria, especially one with a high concentration of foreigners needing extra amounts of security and above average standards of comfort. Besides that, Nigeria received more than r $700 million in foreign aid from the US government in 2018.

1 Like

Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by Ugosample(m): 2:01pm On Jul 29, 2019
magicminister:

Shut up

The politicians and the elites that have continuously destroyed this country are never denied visas. They empower us to kill ourselves while they send their wards abroad. They get malaria they fly abroad but not a single functional WORLD STANDARD PUBLIC hospital in NIGERIA. Please just keep quiet... the people that’s gonna bear the brunt of any unfavorable immigration policy are the masses.

true that

politicians often get visas

quite painful you know
Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by Ugosample(m): 2:10pm On Jul 29, 2019
cooltola:
The only People get visa are those who have money.

even those with money are not spared

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Strips To Demand A Refund From Airpeace, Today, After Missing Flight - Pics / Airazman Launches 5th Aircraft To Operate From Kano To China (Photos) / Standoff Between Customs Officers And Trailer Drivers In Aba. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.