Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,147 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

UNN Medical School Thread - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNN Medical School Thread (14899 Views)

UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures / Mirabel Obi: My Father Lost Contracts Due To Twerking Video- UNN Medical Student / Mirabel Obi: I Was Not Expelled For Twerking – UNN Medical Student Harassed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNN Medical School Thread by oxladexo(m): 7:55am On Oct 31, 2019
Emmaxy9:

It's good to be serious..Time is a factor that doesn't care about anyone. We all have to keep pushing.
About the books, I haven't started buying any one. I have only got PDFs.

Alrighty. I'm having a dilemma over which hard copies to buy, so I guess I'll just stick with PDFs for now.
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by oxladexo(m): 7:55am On Oct 31, 2019
This session's gonna be a marathon.
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Emmaxy9(m): 9:14am On Oct 31, 2019
oxladexo:

Alrighty. I'm having a dilemma over which hard copies to buy, so I guess I'll just stick with PDFs for now.

What are your options? Kindly show me
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Dsplendid: 10:20am On Oct 31, 2019
Emmaxy9:

Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Dsplendid: 10:22am On Oct 31, 2019
Abeg anyone with ezeilo physiology PDF?
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Emmaxy9(m): 10:47am On Oct 31, 2019
Dsplendid:
Abeg anyone with ezeilo physiology PDF?
You guys use ezeilo in unizik?
Wow...we use it too. But I'm not in for that text. I'll rather use guyton unless there's so much pressure to poke through the text.
I don't have anyway..

Dsplendid which text do you use for Anatomy
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 31, 2019
Anybody from pharmacy here?
Pls can u let me know if Dr Willy is still there. Don't know if he is a prof now.
He is a very good friend. He limps.
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Period007(m): 11:54am On Oct 31, 2019
sassysure:
Anybody from pharmacy here?
Pls can u let me know if Dr Willy is still there. Don't know if he is a prof now.
He is a very good friend. He limps.
Willy Obonga is not yeta prof
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 31, 2019
Period007:

Willy Obonga is not yeta prof
Thank u.
U know him personally?

How do I get his contact.
Can u do that for me please?
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Dsplendid: 12:57pm On Oct 31, 2019
Emmaxy9:

You guys use ezeilo in unizik?
Wow...we use it too. But I'm not in for that text. I'll rather use guyton unless there's so much pressure to poke through the text.
I don't have anyway..

Dsplendid which text do you use for Anatomy
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Dsplendid: 1:03pm On Oct 31, 2019
I prefer last anatomy cos it's concise and straight to the point.

I'm not a fan of big books, that's why I'm looking for the ezeilo because it's less bulky than guyton.

I'm trying to tune my frequency to last's anatomy.
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Dsplendid: 1:13pm On Oct 31, 2019
I don't think we use the ezeilo here but I just want concise textbook, I can't kill myself.

By the way, I don't intend using Indian textbooks, their writing styles don't aid my comprehension.

By God's grace last will go for gross, wheaters= histology, physiology= ezeilo.

Have not made up my mind on biochemistry and embryology but I'm considering saddler for embryology and marks biochemistry.
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Emmaxy9(m): 1:16pm On Oct 31, 2019
Dsplendid:
I don't think we use the ezeilo here but I just want concise textbook, I can't kill myself.

By the way, I don't intend using Indian textbooks, their writing styles don't aid my comprehension.

Have not made up my mind on biochemistry and embryology but I'm considering saddler for embryology and marks biochemistry.

Which one is marks Biochemistry?
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Emmaxy9(m): 1:17pm On Oct 31, 2019
Dsplendid:

Thats nice. I just have to learn to condition my mind. Succeeding here with books means closing eyes on all other good options there is and focusing on one and reading and understanding to core.
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Period007(m): 5:45am On Nov 01, 2019
sassysure:

Thank u.
U know him personally?

How do I get his contact.
Can u do that for me please?
U can get his phone ñumber from the university staff portal, his in pharm chem
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by AnthCunny(m): 11:51am On Nov 01, 2019
Emmaxy9:

Thats nice. I just have to learn to condition my mind. Succeeding here with books means closing eyes on all other good options there is and focusing on one and reading and understanding to core.

You are the guy that sang a duet with a girl on your faculty dinner?
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Emmaxy9(m): 11:57am On Nov 01, 2019
AnthCunny:

You are the guy that sang a duet with a girl on your faculty dinner?
Nope..we didn't sing again. There was no time for our song. You're in UNN?
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 01, 2019
Period007:

U can get his phone ñumber from the university staff portal, his in pharm chem

Ok. Thank u so much. Yes, he is in pharm chem.

Checked the portal thing. I have to log in. It's meant for students I think.
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Emmaxy9(m): 7:44pm On Nov 01, 2019
If you were shortlisted for NlNg. Check your mails immediately. They sent the centre and date of examination. Good luck
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by oxladexo(m): 9:24pm On Nov 03, 2019
Emmaxy9:

I'm really confused about which to get for gross anatomy. For physiology I'm getting Essentials, then Harper's for BCH.
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Emmaxy9(m): 10:38pm On Nov 07, 2019
Thursday evening brought me moody feelings as I was trying to revise all I've been reading for times now. I guess it's because I was bored. My WhatsApp chats pack on etisalat just got exhausted today and I've not been on WhatsApp to know what's up on all those bunch of groups I joined. The groups which are from our seniors were created for orientation sake and tutorials.
Now I understand the feeling they say that last is too harsh for beginners. Now, I have come to understand some basic things so reading last won't be a problem again. In fact, I clear my mind from all previously believed notions. Our school uses last and it'll be logical to follow the school systems since I'll still have to write exams set by lecturers in our school.
I just flipped through the first slides of physiology lecture from previous set, and man, I got furious by the unnecessary information about the history of physiology. I checked other texts and I couldn't find all the information. In fact they were so much that I had to skip some pages on my jotter and move to the next topic. I'll read them later abeg. I confirmed from a senior colleague and truth is they don't really ask all those, but I'll read them anyway, when I'm in good mood.
Biochemistry have been untouched. I guess we will resume in few weeks time and ive not even covered like that. I feel stressed self. It's like I'll ignore the fact that preclinicals need much work and enjoy my holidays. The thing is, I don't even know how to enjoy this time. I have free time, and although I am not doing anything, I just can't sleep early-i suffer my sleep. I think I need to take caution and take proper care of myself by getting enough sleep, enough rest and less stress. Now am stuck between "enjoy this holiday while it lasts" and "start preparing early for good results in mb".

I can't really say that I've been reading because these days I read because there's literally nothing interesting to do again. Most times, I just stroll through pages of Anatomy, expending lengthy hours but still achieve little. Very soon, I'll just give up, its not really motivating.At least it should help my stress by making whatever I read flow. How can I spending so much time and at the end not even go far.

Anytime I think of others, tears would want to roll down my cheeks. I mean others with the likes of embryology, histology, Biochemistry. I really would want to weep in intertubucular sulcus but I try to keep all in. My cerebrum has been in constant state of engulfing the new data of Anatomy and its everything which is new and trying to process them accordingly. Last Anatomy makes it even worse. There are cases where I talked out loudly to myself condemning the writers how they could have made things better by writing simple sentences and explaining things step by step. They don't just care, if not for the likes of virsham who made it much easier, Anatomy would have been by worst fear by we thank God.
Okay, me writing this much is probably because I don't have data and I'm bored. Anyways let me go back to revision and I'll see you later.

1 Like

Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Emmaxy9(m): 10:48pm On Nov 07, 2019
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Dsplendid: 2:00pm On Nov 08, 2019
Emmaxy9:
Thursday evening brought me moody feelings as I was trying to revise all I've been reading for times now. I guess it's because I was bored. My WhatsApp chats pack on etisalat just got exhausted today and I've not been on WhatsApp to know what's up on all those bunch of groups I joined. The groups which are from our seniors were created for orientation sake and tutorials.
Now I understand the feeling they say that last is too harsh for beginners. Now, I have come to understand some basic things so reading last won't be a problem again. In fact, I clear my mind from all previously believed notions. Our school uses last and it'll be logical to follow the school systems since I'll still have to write exams set by lecturers in our school.
I just flipped through the first slides of physiology lecture from previous set, and man, I got furious by the unnecessary information about the history of physiology. I checked other texts and I couldn't find all the information. In fact they were so much that I had to skip some pages on my jotter and move to the next topic. I'll read them later abeg. I confirmed from a senior colleague and truth is they don't really ask all those, but I'll read them anyway, when I'm in good mood.
Biochemistry have been untouched. I guess we will resume in few weeks time and ive not even covered like that. I feel stressed self. It's like I'll ignore the fact that preclinicals need much work and enjoy my holidays. The thing is, I don't even know how to enjoy this time. I have free time, and although I am not doing anything, I just can't sleep early-i suffer my sleep. I think I need to take caution and take proper care of myself by getting enough sleep, enough rest and less stress. Now am stuck between "enjoy this holiday while it lasts" and "start preparing early for good results in mb".

I can't really say that I've been reading because these days I read because there's literally nothing interesting to do again. Most times, I just stroll through pages of Anatomy, expending lengthy hours but still achieve little. Very soon, I'll just give up, its not really motivating.At least it should help my stress by making whatever I read flow. How can I spending so much time and at the end not even go far.

Anytime I think of others, tears would want to roll down my cheeks. I mean others with the likes of embryology, histology, Biochemistry. I really would want to weep in intertubucular sulcus but I try to keep all in. My cerebrum has been in constant state of engulfing the new data of Anatomy and its everything which is new and trying to process them accordingly. Last Anatomy makes it even worse. There are cases where I talked out loudly to myself condemning the writers how they could have made things better by writing simple sentences and explaining things step by step. They don't just care, if not for the likes of virsham who made it much easier, Anatomy would have been by worst fear by we thank God.
Okay, me writing this much is probably because I don't have data and I'm bored. Anyways let me go back to revision and I'll see you later.
t sleep early-i suffer my sleep. I think I need to take caution and take proper care of myself by getting enough sleep, enough rest and less stress. Now am stuck between
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Banmeallday: 6:16pm On Nov 08, 2019
Emmaxy9:
Just got admitted into UNN medical school, or an aspirant, medical student already and what to know what's up?

Then this thread is perfect for you.

Take a chill and enjoy while I narrate my story through UNN medical school..

Enjoy...

Congrats....remember Ada Nzirimo, the first MD from the East? Maybe u never heard...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPAo7CACfoA
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Emmaxy9(m): 5:52pm On Nov 12, 2019
_resumption_
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Emmaxy9(m): 11:30am On Nov 23, 2019
Hello guys, its been. a really long time I would say.
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Jabarzee(m): 2:30pm On Nov 23, 2019
Emmaxy9:

You've resumed 200L
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Froshchuksswart(m): 10:09pm On Dec 12, 2019
Kenule9:

The total number of dental students in uniport (year1 to year6) is not up to 100. Uniport doesn't admit up to 20 students a year. UNN administration should reduce the number they admit into medical school, they should fear God oo .

I'm a 500level dentistry student, uniport... Hope I'm welcome here?

Wow weldone sir help me thank God sir by this time January I will be starting my pre clinicals with my colleague Anaso UNN even admitted 448 for medicine this year and 120+ dentistry
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Froshchuksswart(m): 9:33pm On Dec 14, 2019
Banmeallday:

Congrats....remember Ada Nzirimo, the first MD from the East? Maybe u never heard...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPAo7CACfoA

Am just seeing Biafra up and down scam ��
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by DrImmaculate(m): 8:19am On Dec 27, 2019
Emmaxy9:

Hi, I'm in 200l mbbs UnibenMED, hope I'm welcome...
just want to know if anyone uses Ganong, it's not too bulky and I kinda like it
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Emmaxy9(m): 4:25pm On Jan 13, 2020
T

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Postgraduate Students Sponsored By NDDC Protest Against Injustice (pics, Video) / Unilag Students Protest High Cost Of Living / Fire Guts Dangote Female Hostel At Kano State University Of Science And Technolo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.