Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

UNN Medical School Thread - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNN Medical School Thread (14882 Views)

UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures / Mirabel Obi: My Father Lost Contracts Due To Twerking Video- UNN Medical Student / Mirabel Obi: I Was Not Expelled For Twerking – UNN Medical Student Harassed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Emmaxy9(m): 8:32am On Aug 21, 2019
dunsin125:
Ehehehe, the Lord is your strength, I am planning medicine for a 2nd certificate next year andq aiiiiii, I am kind of scared of the reading.

Don't be scared at all..don't mind what people say... people have come and conquered so why not you?

1 Like

Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Emmaxy9(m): 8:33am On Aug 21, 2019
[quote author=Dsplendid post=79516429] Hello!!!

Am a Unizik medical student
[/quote

Wow...thats nice...check my profile for my WhatsApp details and message me please ]
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Emmaxy9(m): 8:55am On Aug 21, 2019
"General studies workbook -10 marks, test -5 marks, and now Book review -10 marks", I soliloquized to myself while leaving the G's building after staying back in class with the hope of me submitting my book review.

"Oh,so I have missed like 25 marks now and hopes of exam are daunting because I really don't know what's going on in that class.
I started talking to myself while going back home,sad and hopeless. So this gs lecturer wants me to fail? God forbid.
I started to think, what will happen if she collects my work and mark them? After all it's all about learning isn't it?

I think this is one of the reasons why Nigeria's education system is backward and retarded. The system makes the students take marks and scores as number one priority without making sure that knowledge is acquired. It makes you want to rush and work everything out so you'll just get that a you want.

Gp is most cherished instead of the real knowledge. Little wonder why, most people get out of school and are pointless, because they can't practically apply what they learnt into the real world. Instead the businessmen and those who learnt skills thrive and they generally term school to be scam.

I am not saying my gs lecturer did wrong by not collecting my work, all in saying is that the system is so messed up. The other day while at parasitology practicals, we were doing practicals with no specimen, it was just drawn in a book and we were told to label and write features. The worst thing is that, the lecture insisted that those without lab coat go out. Lab coat without seeing any specimen? Thats just rubbish.

Well, I didn't wake up one morning to start laying rants, its just what I observed and some things annoy me.

Imagine, in UNN here, we are 406 medical students when the quota for medical students here is 150. See the problem? When one sector is bad it's going to be hard getting it anywhere else. Most of them are connected. It all falls back to the greediness of the VC ozumba, more admission from him means more money. Just by his selfish desires, suffering the people who merited the admission. Last I checked from a friend at ui, they're just 150 medical student in year 2.

Well, let me just be going for class, lol...Classes that I won't even learn anything...let me just satisfy my conscience.

Have a nice day y'all....

2 Likes

Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 21, 2019
406? In MBBS alone or you have added Dentistry, Physio and other allied courses?

Emmaxy9:
"General studies workbook -10 marks, test -5 marks, and now Book review -10 marks", I soliloquized to myself while leaving the G's building after staying back in class with the hope of me submitting my book review.

"Oh,so I have missed like 25 marks now and hopes of exam are daunting because I really don't know what's going on in that class.
I started talking to myself while going back home,sad and hopeless. So this gs lecturer wants me to fail? God forbid.
I started to think, what will happen if she collects my work and mark them? After all it's all about learning isn't it?

I think this is one of the reasons why Nigeria's education system is backward and retarded. The system makes the students take marks and scores as number one priority without making sure that knowledge is acquired. It makes you want to rush and work everything out so you'll just get that a you want.

Gp is most cherished instead of the real knowledge. Little wonder why, most people get out of school and are pointless, because they can't practically apply what they learnt into the real world. Instead the businessmen and those who learnt skills thrive and they generally term school to be scam.

I am not saying my gs lecturer did wrong by not collecting my work, all in saying is that the system is so messed up. The other day while at parasitology practicals, we were doing practicals with no specimen, it was just drawn in a book and we were told to label and write features. The worst thing is that, the lecture insisted that those without lab coat go out. Lab coat without seeing any specimen? Thats just rubbish.

Well, I didn't wake up one morning to start laying rants, its just what I observed and some things annoy me.

Imagine, in UNN here, we are 406 medical students when the quota for medical students here is 150. See the problem? When one sector is bad it's going to be hard getting it anywhere else. Most of them are connected. It all falls back to the greediness of the VC ozumba, more admission from him means more money. Just by his selfish desires, suffering the people who merited the admission. Last I checked from a friend at ui, they're just 150 medical student in year 2.

Well, let me just be going for class, lol...Classes that I won't even learn anything...let me just satisfy my conscience.

Re: UNN Medical School Thread by dunsin125: 11:48am On Aug 21, 2019
Emmaxy9:

Don't be scared at all..don't mind what people say... people have come and conquered so why not you?
Abi ooooo, others have gone and succeeded, so I will also do.

1 Like

Re: UNN Medical School Thread by dunsin125: 11:55am On Aug 21, 2019
Emmaxy9:

That is how it is, we are so focused on passing exams than acquiring the real knowledge, that is why many forget what they have been taught a day after Exam. My friend who is Ekpoma I think 300lvl said they admitted over 400 students for MBBS in 100lvl and only 100 or so would graduate at the end of the day. I advise you to steadily consult YouTube so that you can get what is going on.

2 Likes

Re: UNN Medical School Thread by dunsin125: 11:56am On Aug 21, 2019
Emmaxy9:

Lol..surely there's enough time for every single thing you want to do. It's just all about you. You are your control panel, you control all what you want to do...in fact you can flex life and still be on the right track...

You just have to know what works for ykh
Okay bro, don't forget to update us and by His Grace, I would be taking Jamb next year. #MBBs
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by CentiLion(m): 8:51pm On Aug 21, 2019
OloladeWrites:
406? In MBBS alone or you have added Dentistry, Physio and other allied courses?

Yes they are over 400 in UNN MBBS yr1, yet merit list was 103, 90% of the remaining 300 were based on connection and selling admission slots. Close to 200 in Dentistry while quota is 25.
Very Greedy VC, he wanted to make as much money as possible since it is his last year as VC. He even reduce the general cut off from 200 to 180 in an era where departmental cut off is steadily increasing, so as to collect N2000 from aspirants who scored between 180 to 199 who will not get admission. The past VC bleep UNN real hard.
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Emmaxy9(m): 5:00pm On Aug 22, 2019
dunsin125:
That is how it is, we are so focused on passing exams than acquiring the real knowledge, that is why many forget what they have been taught a day after Exam. My friend who is Ekpoma I think 300lvl said they admitted over 400 students for MBBS in 100lvl and only 100 or so would graduate at the end of the day. I advise you to steadily consult YouTube so that you can get what is going on.

Thank you bro. God will help us in this journey.
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Emmaxy9(m): 5:00pm On Aug 22, 2019
dunsin125:
Okay bro, don't forget to update us and by His Grace, I would be taking Jamb next year. #MBBs
Surely, anytime I'm chanced, I'll drop by and give updates
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Emmaxy9(m): 5:03pm On Aug 22, 2019
CentiLion:

Yes they are over 400 in UNN MBBS yr1, yet merit list was 103, 90% of the remaining 300 were based on connection and selling admission slots. Close to 200 in Dentistry while quota is 25.
Very Greedy VC, he wanted to make as much money as possible since it is his last year as VC. He even reduce the general cut off from 200 to 180 in an era where departmental cut off is steadily increasing, so as to collect N2000 from aspirants who scored between 180 to 199 who will not get admission. The past VC bleep UNN real hard.

This is real truth. That's the government of the day in Nigeria, everyone is after their selfish interest.
Well, our job is to try to improve the system.
Even classes here is war. one will come to class and at the end not even know what the topic is due to over population.
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Froshchuksswart(m): 6:50am On Aug 24, 2019
Emmaxy9:

This is real truth. That's the government of the day in Nigeria, everyone is after their selfish interest.
Well, our job is to try to improve the system.
Even classes here is war. one will come to class and at the end not even know what the topic is due to over population.

ANASO nice job well ����� be exposing our school, the number 406 is not for medicine alone its for MEDICINE and DENTISTRY AND DENTAL SURGERY medicine is 300+ and Dentistry is 100+, well in case you don't know who is talking it is Doc_frosh Dentistry and dental surgery nice job i am now following your thread I will assist you ����
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Emmaxy9(m): 3:39am On Aug 25, 2019
Froshchuksswart:

ANASO nice job well ����� be exposing our school, the number 406 is not for medicine alone its for MEDICINE and DENTISTRY AND DENTAL SURGERY medicine is 300+ and Dentistry is 100+, well in case you don't know who is talking it is Doc_frosh Dentistry and dental surgery nice job i am now following your thread I will assist you ����

Doc frosh, I really laugh in 200 Nigerian languages. You really don't know what's going on. Well, whats there to expose, that's the truth?
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by NnaemekaJude(m): 3:02pm On Aug 25, 2019
We should not mind the inadequcies of UNN. Our education is up to us.. Lectures is not the only route to knowledge aquisition.

Doc Anaso & Frosh.
Doc Frosh, that ur hairstyle is dope �
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Froshchuksswart(m): 3:34pm On Aug 25, 2019
NnaemekaJude:
We should not mind the inadequcies of UNN. Our education is up to us.. Lectures is not the only route to knowledge aquisition.

Doc Anaso & Frosh.
Doc Frosh, that ur hairstyle is dope �

Thanks nnaemeka,

Are you in UNN ?
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by NnaemekaJude(m): 9:52pm On Aug 25, 2019
Froshchuksswart:

Thanks nnaemeka,
Are you in UNN ?

Yes.
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Emmaxy9(m): 12:59pm On Sep 05, 2019
Last days at University of Nigeria, Nsukka

Wow, go getter have you checked the exam timetable?" I asked my lodgemate one afternoon while using the mis software wifi near mis building. It was really out and man, time's short. We have our first exam on 20th September and our last on 16th October.
Oh no, i said to myself, I had already told my people back home that I would be coming back home by 10th October and the exam timetable have spoilt that. My parents and people awaiting me at home will be thinking I'm using them to joke, or do something like a party or something, lol.
Well, it doesn't matter much, after all I don't beg people to believe me. While going to church yesterday evening, i met Thelma a fellow medical student and we were gisting about the shortness of time. What baffled me was that she said that we would resume our second year by November. November? I asked with shock. Oh, that is so immediate, imagine there's not going to be enough time for me to enjoy myself, flex and get fat small, lol. Unn have drained the very bit of me and now just some weeks of break? They must be joking...
Okay, okay, last days at unn. Wow, how fast this first year have scurried by. I could remember when I first resumed, the way time flew still surprises me. Can you imagine, I haven't gone home since early this year. Well, this first year is going to be summarised in weeks, and that's just it. We would leave the Nsukka campus to the Enugu campus where the pre clinicals start. There we are going to be doing Almight Anatomy, Biochemistry and physiology.
All I can say to myself is that Emmanuel, you need to buckle up, I didn't even give up to 2℅ of my best, things just happened by Little work and Gods Grace. Unec no be beans, that's where the main deal starts, so you have to buckle up bro.
Okay, till we meet nairalanders.

2 Likes

Re: UNN Medical School Thread by dunsin125: 11:39pm On Sep 05, 2019
Emmaxy9:
Last days at University of Nigeria, Nsukka

Wow, go getter have you checked the exam timetable?" I asked my lodgemate one afternoon while using the mis software wifi near mis building. It was really out and man, time's short. We have our first exam on 20th September and our last on 16th October.
Oh no, i said to myself, I had already told my people back home that I would be coming back home by 10th October and the exam timetable have spoilt that. My parents and people awaiting me at home will be thinking I'm using them to joke, or do something like a party or something, lol.
Well, it doesn't matter much, after all I don't beg people to believe me. While going to church yesterday evening, i met Thelma a fellow medical student and we were gisting about the shortness of time. What baffled me was that she said that we would resume our second year by November. November? I asked with shock. Oh, that is so immediate, imagine there's not going to be enough time for me to enjoy myself, flex and get fat small, lol. Unn have drained the very bit of me and now just some weeks of break? They must be joking...
Okay, okay, last days at unn. Wow, how fast this first year have scurried by. I could remember when I first resumed, the way time flew still surprises me. Can you imagine, I haven't gone home since early this year. Well, this first year is going to be summarised in weeks, and that's just it. We would leave the Nsukka campus to the Enugu campus where the pre clinicals start. There we are going to be doing Almight Anatomy, Biochemistry and physiology.
All I can say to myself is that Emmanuel, you need to buckle up, I didn't even give up to 2℅ of my best, things just happened by Little work and Gods Grace. Unec no be beans, that's where the main deal starts, so you have to buckle up bro.
Okay, till we meet nairalanders.

Yoooh, how time flies eh.
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Emmaxy9(m): 11:18pm On Sep 24, 2019
So..I know I have not written in a long time. I'm sorry guys, it's just that I got busy and stucked up with exams and preparations. As i am typing this now, I'm at palg building in UNN observing night class..Haq Haq Haq....Those in unn should know there.
Well, my life have been fine....Exams have been the main thing on everyone's mind. ...This is the proof when those things one neglected since beginning of the semester comes hunting him down.
I have tried some things though, by reading and solving past questions. Our first exam was parasitology and mehn, it was good, except for a few mistakes. Practical biology then came our way, and wow,100 questions under 40 minutes.....I pray that one goes well but those guys are wicked.,one will be seeing different options of the same answer and spelling can be used to question you.
Well, I'm a bit scared right now..I know I didn't put in much work during first semester but I didn't know it'll hurt like this...Some people shared that first semester results are out but they do pay illegally to get it being that it's not officially out. And mehn, as a curios boy as Anaso, I quickly rushed and paid the money not caring if hunger might come my way in the next couple of weeks.
I ended up checking the results and English and those general studies did me so much bad...some scores aren't yet uploaded and our A grade starts from 70...
But last last. We thank God Almighty. At least let me finish with this Nsukka campus and go home, I'm really tired for real..........
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Emmaxy9(m): 11:23pm On Sep 24, 2019
So, right now in less than three weeks, we will be done with first year. And yeyyyy, I'll be done with first yearrr.....
We thank God Sha...
After our exams, we have our faculty night..uhm..normally as a good boy that i am I don't come for stuffs like that..lol, but I'll be singing a duet with a fellow course mate and wouldn't want to fall hand soooo...I think I'll have to go.....

Till then Sha...if am not online here, know that , I'm either reading gs or eating ...lollll.
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by dunsin125: 12:50pm On Sep 25, 2019
Nice one...
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Jabarzee(m): 5:38pm On Sep 25, 2019
Nice
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Emmaxy9(m): 5:27pm On Sep 26, 2019
So..I normally knew that medical students are gurus and very intelligent. But this one really made it clear that not only am I dwelling and residing with good students as course mates, but I am going to classes with academic gods. These people I see in class will come normally and tell me that they havent read but will go night class and read a whole course.
Brethren, this afternoon, our practical chemistry results was just released and man, our department is something else. I had seen my results earlier and wasn't too much anticipating the physical one, since it's just the same thing.
As i went off to my lodgemate's room to tell him about the results, he concluded that this is war. Lol, i know why he's talking like that. Have you been wondering where to meet plenty optimists and great Dreamers? Come to my department, where everyone wants to top. But who wouldn't anyway?
Somehow it seems like a healthy competition but no, I have passed that level. 10x rule by Grant cardone really changed my perspective and am so happy about that. In his book, Grant arrested that although competition is healthy, domination is immunity. This shows that one shouldn't aim to be fighting to be the best like as if its competition but he should desire abd strive to dominate the sector.

Brethren, if you are still thinking of life as if youre competing then you are on the wrong path. In life, you will always see people better than you. It's not for you to look at them as potential threats but to learn from them, improve yourself and be the best version of yourself you possible can.
I suggest that you read the 10x rule by Grant cardone. See you next time bosses.....

Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Emmaxy9(m): 5:45pm On Sep 26, 2019
More..from the geniuses
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Jabarzee(m): 10:33pm On Sep 26, 2019
Una head dey hot o
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Emmaxy9(m): 9:54am On Sep 27, 2019
Jabarzee:
Una head dey hot o
I dey tell you bro....
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by dunsin125: 6:58pm On Sep 28, 2019
Baba... I fear your people ooo but I hope say the lecturers no go de eye una.
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Emmaxy9(m): 9:15am On Sep 30, 2019
dunsin125:
Baba... I fear your people ooo but I hope say the lecturers no go de eye una.
Lol..no need to fear.. physics is coming with its mighty power... Everyone is really scared of that...
But we pray it'll turn out well Sha...
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Emmaxy9(m): 9:19am On Sep 30, 2019
I would love to create a group chat for medical students all over Nigeria with sole aim of sharing ideas... If you're interested, check my signature and message me
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by dunsin125: 5:34pm On Sep 30, 2019
Emmaxy9:

Lol..no need to fear.. physics is coming with its mighty power... Everyone is really scared of that...
But we pray it'll turn out well Sha...
���..... God will help you.
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Emmaxy9(m): 8:24pm On Oct 13, 2019
As I am right now, I don't know whether I'm confused or I lack interest, but this gs 202 has been giving me a tough time for times now.
By Friday 18th October, we will be writing our last paper, which would make us officially done with our stay at Nsukka. Things have come and gone, and everyone is so interested in the second year, I even have friends that have started getting the pdfs of each textbook to read. I know that joy, so sweet, the pleasure of entering preclinical.
Well, let me finish exams this week, and I'll probably update you guys proper on my preclinicals.
Have a nice day
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Dsplendid: 8:44pm On Oct 13, 2019
Emmaxy9:
As I am right now, I don't know whether I'm confused or I lack interest, but this gs 202 has been giving me a tough time for times now.
By Friday 18th October, we will be writing our last paper, which would make us officially done with our stay at Nsukka. Things have come and gone, and everyone is so interested in the second year, I even have friends that have started getting the pdfs of each textbook to read. I know that joy, so sweet, the pleasure of entering preclinical.
Well, let me finish exams this week, and I'll probably update you guys proper on my preclinicals.
Have a nice day

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Education Library: Search It Before You Post / How Payoneer Works And All You Need To Understand / Many Sins Of Prof. B. L. Adeleke (08055401457) HOD Of Statistics Dept, Unilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.