Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

UNN Medical School Thread - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNN Medical School Thread (14890 Views)

UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures / Mirabel Obi: My Father Lost Contracts Due To Twerking Video- UNN Medical Student / Mirabel Obi: I Was Not Expelled For Twerking – UNN Medical Student Harassed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Emmaxy9(m): 11:49am On Jan 28, 2020
Okay, college resumed like on 6th and I'm really sorry that we haven't talked for times now. You'll forgive me right? I trust you.
Okay, so about resumption, i resumed like 13th of January. That is one week after the normal resumption. Lectures then were light and so easy. I mean once could just stop reading and can still catch up with time.
But guess what? I'm in soup! This is fourth week from resumption and I can't really figure what's going on. The speed with which slides are released each day scares me. Shey everyone was like we go buy Benz this year? Well, mine wasn't too much but I set financial tagrts this year which would be accomplished through my freelancing skills. And that's what has been eating some of my time. It's so suprising how Jobs keep trooping in for me. This week alone I have jobs worth over 20k. One 5000 words article, one 3000 words article and 5 700 words articles. The only good thing I feel that's happening right now is that I'm doing better in my freelancing and I now charge 2# per word. That might be small for bosses but I'll get there.
Do you know what's my major fear right now? It's that I'm a medical student! Come on, alot of my mates out there are probably jacking last and saddlers and I'm here trying to become one entrepreneur like that. Ive told myself alot of times about what to do but yet I still fall short. What I made my mind up was to follow grant cardone rule, which is work 10x the actions required and get 10x.
So right now, I'm just here battling with more efficiency in my academics and how to meet up with speculated deadlines from clients. Well. I pray I figure something out such that it ends in praise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Emmaxy9(m): 11:50am On Jan 28, 2020
How are you?
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by dunsin125: 5:37pm On Jan 28, 2020
Emmaxy9:
How are you?
doing well bro... What about you
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Justmemyself1(m): 6:42pm On Jan 28, 2020
Write a lot and read aloud what you have written as well as what others have written. It works.

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3513427
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Emmaxy9(m): 10:12pm On Feb 03, 2020
The Highlights of the Great Expectation
There was hardly any week without me hearing about the trendy 2nd MBBS exam. Was it orientations? Oh, don't try it. We had many of them, ranging from the Christian medical association, to our own university medical association and others.
Okay, we've been hearing the rhyme all day : "Read your books, start early," . All of them just bringing about cold chills to the newly welcomed fresher's of the Enugu campus. Normally, it wouldn't have been an awkward situation, that is, we being fresher's, but the location and distribution of the campuses made way that our first year held at another campus.
Right now, I really can't say what's going on. I leave my lodge with hopes of listening to the lecturer, and gaining something, but end up staying at the posterior rolls of the old-fashioned white house building. It was my fault anyway, Clinton always attests. But hey, it's really not my fault, I guess I have some pretty factors to take the blame for me(lol). Yeah, and one is that my lodge is far from school, and another is, I hate early morning classes. Well, don't spike at me, I accept, yeah, it's all my fault. cry

I'm a freelance writer, and that's been helping me these days. But hey, I stopped it. Although, I need money but I have to act smart and do something that won't affect my studies. Guess what?,your local boy came with a good idea and yeah, it's working. Now, I don't get to write articles my self and directly, I just get to collect jobs from high paying clients, look for workers who are willing to work under me for a lower pay, and when it's done, I'll send the article, receive my money, pay my employee and we are all happy. grin grin
So, I'm now a boss. Now that that's settled, I think I'll be able to think more clearly about the work at hand(medical school). Nd I can say that it's not really funny angry I haven't even covered my slides for some days now nd they'll top it with three fresh ones cry who am I to complain self? No be me take the jamb form? Well, in all, I pray I meet up and as always, it'll end in praise.

Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Nobody: 4:11pm On Feb 04, 2020
Am also a student of dentistry and dental surgery in UNN class of 2018...my name is Michael. Anaso Emmanuel I know you but you might not know me Sha. Nice having you guys here
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Emmaxy9(m): 6:30pm On Feb 04, 2020
Julnan001:
Am also a student of dentistry and dental surgery in UNN class of 2018...my name is Michael. Anaso Emmanuel I know you but you might not know me Sha. Nice having you guys here
Ah, you know me?? �. Like facially?
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Nobody: 5:14pm On Feb 05, 2020
Emmaxy9:

Ah, you know me?? �. Like facially?
. Yes but we haven't had an encounter yet. Pls u guys should add me to our Whatsapp group
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Nobody: 5:16pm On Feb 05, 2020
And I need to know the names of text book you guys use. I have oral biology, histology, biochemistry and physiology. I need recommendation for anatomy
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Emmaxy9(m): 6:28pm On Feb 05, 2020
Julnan001:
. Yes but we haven't had an encounter yet. Pls u guys should add me to our Whatsapp group
Which WhatsApp group?
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Emmaxy9(m): 6:29pm On Feb 05, 2020
Julnan001:
And I need to know the names of text book you guys use. I have oral biology, histology, biochemistry and physiology. I need recommendation for anatomy
The popularly used book for anatomy is lasts Anatomy. Although, it might be a bit challenging for you. Then a good bet should be either virsham Singh or Gray's.

1 Like

Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Nobody: 8:42pm On Feb 06, 2020
Emmaxy9:

The popularly used book for anatomy is lasts Anatomy. Although, it might be a bit challenging for you. Then a good bet should be either virsham Singh or Gray's.
thanks bro
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Nobody: 8:55pm On Feb 06, 2020
Emmaxy9:

Which WhatsApp group?
I heard a someone talking about a new WhatsApp group. Anyways I went to the market today to get some of those textbook and the price wasn't funny at all. My 10k only got me last anatomy
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by AlienStar: 10:04pm On Feb 06, 2020
I'm a student of medical laboratory Science.
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Froshchuksswart(m): 4:51am On Feb 07, 2020
Julnan001:

Are you in Unec..?
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Froshchuksswart(m): 4:55am On Feb 07, 2020
Julnan001:

Michael what..? Is your name we only have one Michael in our class and he his my brother (Ogbonna Michael)
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by khingTony(m): 7:46am On Feb 07, 2020
Froshchuksswart:

Michael what..? Is your name we only have one Michael in our class and he his my brother (Ogbonna Michael)
grin cheesy
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Froshchuksswart(m): 10:32am On Feb 07, 2020
khingTony:

grin cheesy

Lol TONY abi you get another Michael wey you know...?
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by David2O(m): 1:09pm On Feb 07, 2020
Emmaxy9:
So it probably started during checking of results, madam answer me fast, I exclaimed as I was with my neighbours phone checking my results.

Don't mind me, my phone spoilt that period and I used my neighbours...

330? OMG..OMG..OMG..I jumped with so much joy...in less than 3 minutes I had raced back home with joy after buying what I intended to buy.

Mummy..mummy..guess what...I asked while trying to catch some breath.Just guess na, guess anything, I insisted..

My mum acting suprised as to know the reason for my pant...Mom I got 330 on Jamb, I shouted with joy..

Yayyy..she shouted with joy...now that's my son...ill tell Dad myself and don't worry I'll buy something for you...

See this woman o. I thought to myself..lol..that's how she has always been . Giving me those kind of promises and not fulfilling them..

Want to know if she later bought anything for me?

Find out in my next post..

By the way..Im Anaso Emmanuel, a lion � at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka...

Follow this thread .........have a nice day
wow!!! 330 excellent. I'm preparing for jamb this year, MBBS. Any tips on how you smashed jamb?
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Emmaxy9(m): 2:24pm On Feb 07, 2020
Julnan001:
I heard a someone talking about a new WhatsApp group. Anyways I went to the market today to get some of those textbook and the price wasn't funny at all. My 10k only got me last anatomy
Haq Haq Haq. The Price of last Anatomy is outrageous. It was formerly 6k.
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Nobody: 2:46pm On Feb 07, 2020
Froshchuksswart:

Are you in Unec..?
Yes
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by khingTony(m): 5:24pm On Feb 07, 2020
Froshchuksswart:

Lol TONY abi you get another Michael wey you know...?
no oh, the matta tire me self
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by FanaticMarcel: 5:02pm On Feb 15, 2020
[baba ahbeg you fit send me ur number am a first year medical student in unn pls text it to 09060697685 or chat me up at 09064652900 I need ur help man quote author=Dsplendid post=83619437][/quote]
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Emmaxy9(m): 12:50pm On Feb 25, 2020
If there's something that is common amongst medical students in Nigeria, it should be this: they like to whine alot!
All from our first year at Nsukka, it has been a trend. The trend of whining. I'm sure so many people dont know my name, but just call me boss or chairman.
In as much that I can withstand those hypes, I would like to add that I'm sometimes frustrated with people who say such near me. I mean how can you tell me that someone has finished upper limb thrice and about roudning up abdomen and you expect me to be okay? At the end, someone will come and whine me after just 30 minutes of reading that, I'm a boss and the likes.

Okay that's on that. So uhm, whats happening right now? Okay , here's something: we are actually done with upper limbs, general physiology and blood, chemistry of biomolecules and much more and from this week or next we will be entering thorax.
Today's second of March and I can't really see myself reading up to how I'm meant to. Like there's always this constant battle between who I am and who I should be or who I'm capable of being. Well, it has to be okay.
So , for some reasons I had not been writing frequently but here's something you should know : Every stage comes with challenges, life's never easy even for the most successful of people, but the grace we need to continue Every stage and come out successful is dependent on God and what you do.
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Emmaxy9(m): 2:13pm On Mar 21, 2020
In as much that I haven't been posting here for some while, it's really expedient for me to post this experience, as it is one i would like to count on. Okay, so med school can been quite messy, especially if you're like me, inconsistency in reading.
Lecturers have been doing their part all good, each class is so fast that it's hard for you to learn while in class. right now, if it weren't for the strike that came up, I am sure we would have been surfacing the early outlines of abdomen. It's all what they do, rush poor little ones like us. Lol
So, you know right? There is ASUU strike coupled with a new month break from school by the federal government. This is such a great time to be a medical student. Trust me, I feel the most blessed guys who love this break are medical students. Our senior colleagues who were about writing mock mb exam can testify to that. I could feel the joy in their hearts when a circular was passed about shifting of Mondays mock exam to an indefinite date. As it stands now, corona has become the hero for those guys. But hey, God is to be praised. Remember, everything works out for those who please Him. Maybe this might be a month for that distinction student to read the required to get a smash.
Uhm, so here, and now we have a full month to ourselves. And yes, how we use it is dependent on who you are and what you want. Personally, I would want to cover as much as i can in the first semester topics. I won't even touch second semester ones , I'm not that stupid. I just want to really be so good in knowing upper limb, thorax, and abdomen. Of course yes, there are other courses like biochemistry and Physiology.
So hey, what are you using this month to do?
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Emmaxy9(m): 2:21pm On Mar 21, 2020
*****GOING HOME OR STAYING IN SCHOOL

Some days ago my sister called me, in a worrying voice, insisting that I come back home as fast as I can. Not too long, federal government shut down schools and yes, there can't be any excuse holding me again.
I seriously know that I have to read but, I think going home is the perfect thing to do. Firstly, I wouldn't have to worry about food, and also, spending of money cuts down big time. But wait, how about the chores? How about the disturbance from my little ones, lol.
Well, I just feel this time is enough and I can maximise it by God's grace.
What do you think?
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by skylane: 6:16pm On Mar 21, 2020
Is a veterinary medicine&surgery(300lvl) of unijos welcome here?
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Emmaxy9(m): 5:17pm On Apr 01, 2020
skylane:
Is a veterinary medicine&surgery(300lvl) of unijos welcome here?
You’re welcome boss. Sorry for the late reply
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Emmaxy9(m): 5:21pm On Apr 01, 2020
_Week 2 of HOLIDAY_

Personally, I’m beginning to see what a senior colleague told me earlier. He said that as time goes on, the feeling of laziness might want to creep in. And yes, I’m somehow attesting that it’s true.
Here I am, typing this post from the soft comfort of my bed. My last anatomy is lying horizontally placed on the sofa in the Sitting room and I’m here with only my phone. Oh, should I break it to you that I haven’t read anything today?
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by skylane: 5:26pm On Apr 01, 2020
Emmaxy9:

You’re welcome boss. Sorry for the late reply
thank you this virus has scattered the activity in school,so what are your prospects in medical school
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by Emmaxy9(m): 5:39pm On Apr 01, 2020
skylane:
thank you this virus has scattered the activity in school,so what are your prospects in medical school
Ours have been shattered too. Everywhere is really locked. The only good this period came with is that it gives us more time to read and cover up better. Apart from that, there’s no joy in seeing here, especially being an errand boy for my family here. �
Re: UNN Medical School Thread by skylane: 5:45pm On Apr 01, 2020
Emmaxy9:

Ours have been shattered too. Everywhere is really locked. The only good this period came with is that it gives us more time to read and cover up better. Apart from that, there’s no joy in seeing here, especially being an errand boy for my family here. �
lols yes brother even me av been studying like never before,covered grounds in pharmacology ,physiology,comparative anatomy,etc it just gave me this confidence man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2014 Unilorin Post Utme Score And Admission List / SSANU Suspends Its Week-long Strike / Postgraduate Students Sponsored By NDDC Protest Against Injustice (pics, Video)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.