Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom (26032 Views)

Ronaldinho Detained For Entering Paraguay With A Fake Passport (Photos) / Pogba's Reaction After Messi's Goal. The Look On His Face Is Epic! / Eagles Will Get N18M For Every Goal Not Replied – Aiteo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by Jokerman(m): 2:25pm On Jun 20, 2019
Frankaka8:
quit reasoning with your anus.Winning trophies is team effort. Has Ronaldo won A PLAYER OF THE TOURNAMENT IN FIFA OR EURO Mind you, both individual and Team trophies, LEO is still ahead with 2years young career... Eder and Guedes help cr7 to win Euro and Nation league trophies in the final.... No one could help Leo even i the WORLDCUO FINAL....yet he has 1MVP IN WORLDCUP AND 3MVP IN COPA AMERICA. see you in Fifa gala night and Balon dor night. Las Las you go shutup

Oga... Messi has only one MVP dashed to him by blatter

1 Like

Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 20, 2019
uzoma213:
you think Messi is the most hated player in the world? Try being Ronaldo
Ronaldo is loved by Man united, Real Madrid, Portugal and Juventus fans, . He is only hated by some Barcelona fans..

Messi is loved by Barcelona fans only. He is hated, I mean hated by Argentina fans led by Maradona, the hypocrite!!!

Messi is hated more by Hala GGMU Forza fans!!
Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by MrMou: 2:27pm On Jun 20, 2019
Jokerman:

Lol... Ronaldo is not a failure who will play 4 finals and lose all na..... grin
The tap-in merchant has played 3 finals with Portugal & has had ZERO effect in all three of them, including one where he ran away like a chicken! grin
Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by Evangkatsoulis: 2:28pm On Jun 20, 2019
GoTV:

Ronaldo is the arrow head of the Portuguese team no doubt but his team mates deliver when he's not in charge, unlike messi whose team mates are big names on paper but play terribly despite his efforts to inspire them to glory. Higuain missed 3 decisive one on one chances against Germany in 2014 finals before gotze scored, chances fringe players like guedes and Eder converted to win Ronaldo the international trophies you all troll about. Everything in Argentine football must not be delivered by messi. It's a games of 11 players so why place the burden on only messi as if Portugal fields only Ronaldo against other teams? When Elder and guedes scored to win the trophy when it mattered most, you guys ignore their efforts and give all praises to Ronaldo. When Argentina team plays badly even if defenders scored own goal all blame goes to messi. Haba guys, what level of hypocrisy?

This is not to defend or absorb messi of his involvement in the failure of the Argentine's team to win a major afterall he missed a penalty against chile in previous Copa finals, but i think we are too harsh on him with unreasonable criticisms.

I hope Majority of you guys criticizing him have achieved all you desire in life? I hope there is nothing again you which to achieve or conquer? Can you have it all in life? No. Even Atiku with all his billions stills dreams of being a president. You can't have it all. Ronaldo is fortunate to be in a team with winning mentality, unlike messi. Despite all Cristiano Ronaldo has won in his career, he would also wish to have a world cup medal which players like Giroud won without scoring a goal. There is always something left to chase and achieve. Despite all this challenges It doesn't dispute the fact that messi is indeed amongst the greatest players to play the game.

Had he naturalized to spain like diego Costa during their golden era of winning euros and world cup, this debate of who the greatest is would have been buried. Even if Argentina wins this year's copa America, you Ronaldo fans will still troll messi to win another international trophy to match Ronaldo's two. Nothing messi does will ever satisfy you people.

He's a victim of his brillance. Simple

Weak arguments.
Ronaldo delima played mostly at the UEFA cup and was always injured in crucial champions league games for madrid.
If Messi had chosen spain? At that time Argentina were far better than spain. Getting into the World cup quarterfinal in 2006 and copa america final in 2007. Messi played in both competitions.
Changing a variable far in the past can change a lot.
What if Ballack didn't miss that volley in 2008(something he almost never misses), what if Germany had converted all their chances in that final(they had more clear cut chances than spain), what if Lahm didn't make that mistake vs Torres. What if Italy had won the penalty shootout against in spain in the Q final. What if Robben had scored that 1vs1 in 2010 in that last minute would Iniesta have scored in a nonexistent extratime?
If messi were in that 2010 team would VILLA have started any match? Would messi score the 5 crucial goals Villa scored in that Tourney considering the fact that he didn't score any for argentina?
See all these are real variables not this talk of messi choosing spain instead of Argentina.
He has played 3 copa america finals and one world cup final. He has no excuse.
This argument is for players like George best, Ryan giggs, Gareth bale, even CR7 who doesn't play for a football powerhouse like Argentina or brazil.

1 Like

Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by Jokerman(m): 2:28pm On Jun 20, 2019
MrMou:

This same Portugal team you want to downgrade because you want to hype the tap-in merchant defeated France in France in their most important match in history WITHOUT him! Argentina can't do that.
The tap-in merchant has won 2 international trophies, yet he wasn't even Portugal's best player in those tournaments, talk less of being the entire tournament's best player. Messi enters finals & wins best player of the tournaments, yet, he doesn't win the competition. That should tell you something about the respective teams! That should tell you that if Messi had this Portugal team, he would have won FOUR international trophies including 1 world cup whether he flops in all the finals or runs away like some tap-in merchant. No be by big name forwards wey you get; na by team balance & fighting spirit wey coach dey put for him team.

Oga Portugal played their most important game at the 2004 euros on home soil

Ronaldo was Portugal best player at the Euros 2016

Can you tell us why since 2007, Messi can't win anything with or for Argentina??

1 Like

Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by correctguy2010: 2:28pm On Jun 20, 2019
After all, said and done, LIONEL MESSI is the G.O.A.T
Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by Beverlyjean(f): 2:30pm On Jun 20, 2019
ozoebuka1:
How has Ronaldo been the difference? In both finals which he played that got him the two trophies he has he never scored nor assisted in anyone of them; in fact, he's never won man of the match in any of of the finals and it has been other Portuguese players that has always saved his ass...but Messi has always scored or assisted in all the finals he's played and he has always won man of the match in all of them... So, that Messi has been unlucky with Argentina will never diminish his brilliance to those who know football... It's only miscreants and low IQ people that will compare Messi and Ronaldo and still have the effrontery to say that Ronaldo is better than Messi.

U c the reason y they say Messi fans are so foolish... Pele won 3WCs but failed to score in the 62 final... Again, maradona regarded as the greatest Argentine player ever won only one WC but dint score in the final against Germany... Will u now say that it was valdano that gave him the cup .. that valdanos winning goal should discredit maradonas effort... That's y they say u Messi fans have phycological problems

1 Like

Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by Jokerman(m): 2:31pm On Jun 20, 2019
MrMou:

The tap-in merchant has played 3 finals with Portugal & has had ZERO effect in all three of them, including one where he ran away like a chicken! grin

Still Ronaldo : 3 finals - 2 winnings

Still Messi : 4 finals - 0 winnings

Chai☹️

2 Likes

Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jun 20, 2019
KpagoGIN:

yesterday match was as if Okpotu of the home base eagles and Tijani of the under 20 were partnering Messi, first of all I was like who be this people with strange names, abi the coach collect inducement select boys come the competition because as I said it like as long as you can kick a ball having Messi as your team mate na like 80% of your football woes are solved. And Paraguay had a filled day playing police football even shame come they worry me cause they were enjoying the unorganised display by the Argentine. In fact large part of the match lacked fluidity any small thing referee have put whistle for mouth and before I forget Otamendi na Calamity.
The game was so poor that Messi could not save the day.
Armani saved them courtesy the penalty save...

I think Super Eagle should organize a friendly with this Argentina ASAP!!!

Messi can't fix a team made up of mediocres.. He is such an unlucky excellent player!!!

"in as much as I want Messi to win the Copa America, I think he will not because he is surrounded by mediocre teammates. Uruguay has better chances at winning — Luiz Suarez on Messi's chance of winning the Copa America.

Suarez said this even before the competition started...

People who criticize Messi destructively are blind or are fans of the soft work Legend!!!
Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by Beverlyjean(f): 2:33pm On Jun 20, 2019
ozoebuka1:
How has Ronaldo been the difference? In both finals which he played that got him the two trophies he has he never scored nor assisted in anyone of them; in fact, he's never won man of the match in any of of the finals and it has been other Portuguese players that has always saved his ass...but Messi has always scored or assisted in all the finals he's played and he has always won man of the match in all of them... So, that Messi has been unlucky with Argentina will never diminish his brilliance to those who know football... It's only miscreants and low IQ people that will compare Messi and Ronaldo and still have the effrontery to say that Ronaldo is better than Messi.

It's ur IQ that is pretty low...pls mention the final that Messi scored or had an assist in the 4 finals for Argentina??
Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by Beverlyjean(f): 2:34pm On Jun 20, 2019
MrMou:

This same Portugal team you want to downgrade because you want to hype the tap-in merchant defeated France in France in their most important match in history WITHOUT him! Argentina can't do that.
The tap-in merchant has won 2 international trophies, yet he wasn't even Portugal's best player in those tournaments, talk less of being the entire tournament's best player. Messi enters finals & wins best player of the tournaments, yet, he doesn't win the competition. That should tell you something about the respective teams! That should tell you that if Messi had this Portugal team, he would have won FOUR international trophies including 1 world cup whether he flops in all the finals or runs away like some tap-in merchant. No be by big name forwards wey you get; na by team balance & fighting spirit wey coach dey put for him team.

Hu was Portugal's best player in euro 16?? Pls answer

1 Like

Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by Jokerman(m): 2:34pm On Jun 20, 2019
eni4real:
Ronaldo is loved by Man united, Real Madrid, Portugal and Juventus fans, . He is only hated by some Barcelona fans..

Messi is loved by Barcelona fans only. He is hated, I mean hated by Argentina fans led by Maradona, the hypocrite!!!

Messi is hated more by Hala GGMU Forza fans!!

No football supported hates Messi, you his fans are his problem

1 Like

Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by CUPIDsparrow(m): 2:35pm On Jun 20, 2019
Andrewkinggg:

Constantly fails?
If been the highest goal scorer and having the most assists for Argentina is failures then I doubt you have a knowlegde on football. If having to win the U20 & Olympics with Argentina is failure you definitely is incoherent on this subject maybe you should switch to cricket or golf.
If Messi scoring an Hatrick to qualify Argentina to the last world is failure then you obviously is ignorant about this guy's greatness.
If Messi being the only player to have Player of the Tournament in every international football tournament is a failure I guess your MCM would want that failure.
If Messi has led his team to 4 back to back international finals is a failure I know many players who wished they had that luxury of playing in a world cup final LoL cheesy

You are speaking like Messi isn't performing when he's on the Argentina shirts. Why blame Messi for Argentina's failure? Would he defend, goal-keep, score, create chances, assists and score at the same time?

Your knowledge in football is so poor dude. Football didn't start 3 years.
Chai!!! 4 back to back international final NO trophy, who do messi dis thing
Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by MrMou: 2:39pm On Jun 20, 2019
Jokerman:

Oga Portugal played their most important game at the 2004 euros on home soil
Is it the one they were disgraced against ordinary Greece twice in the same competition with the tap-in merchant on the field? grin I don't think so. That final was supposed to be a straightforward match!
The one where the tap-in merchant ran away like a chicken against a hot France in France is more important & their most difficult match!

Ronaldo was Portugal best player at the Euros 2016
Is it for scoring against Hungary Where you con put Nani wey score same number of goals with the tap-in merchant in the tournament &, most importantly, stood like a man in arguably their most difficult match in history when the tap-in merchant ran away like a chicken only to be forming coach wey them no send am? I no understand!

Can you tell us why since 2007, Messi can't win anything with or for Argentina??
Because he doesn't have a team like Portugal that can win very important matches even when he flops so bad like a certain tap-in merchant!
Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 20, 2019
Jokerman:

No football supported hates Messi, you his fans are his problem
The way people criticize Messi, even his son Matteo asked "Papi why do they want to kill you" Lolz!
Messi has most Hater base grin in the world starting from Nairaland!!!

Nobody is even talking about Armani penalty save. That is the reason Argentina had 1 point yesterday!!!

All they do is to make quick destructive criticism on Messi who is always trying to win something with his mediocre teamates(mediocre is a kind word for their poor display tho)!!
Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by Beverlyjean(f): 2:43pm On Jun 20, 2019
eltata:

I think the problem with Argentina in this Copa Nations Cup is partly due to messi and the coach. I noticed that with messi on the team, the coach cannot play two proper wingers and two strikers upfront in a match cos he would not want to distort messi"s position which is from the right side of the attack, making the formation always 4-3-3 without tweaking in the full 90 mins thereby making Angel D maria and Arguero useless in every game. The coach should instead try a messi in the central midfield (10) position and play a conventional 4-4-2 with di maria and Los Celso as proper wingers, while arguero and martinez strikes

This was the same analysis on ESPN... But Messi don't wanna play deep cos he wants to b the one on the score shit... If aguero wins golden boot and they win a trophy... Aguero will certainly b credited with victory...that's not what Messi wants...Messi wants it to b that he personally did it for Argentina like Ronaldo did for Portugal

2 Likes

Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by MrMou: 2:46pm On Jun 20, 2019
Jokerman:

Still Ronaldo : 3 finals - 2 winnings

Still Messi : 4 finals - 0 winnings

Chai☹️
Fact man! Only if Messi had a team like Portugal that can win these finals like they do for the tap-in merchant even if he flops in all or runs away like a chicken. grin

1 Like

Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by Beverlyjean(f): 2:50pm On Jun 20, 2019
MrMou:

Is it the one they were disgraced against ordinary Greece twice in the same competition with the tap-in merchant on the field? grin I don't think so. That final was supposed to be a straightforward match!
The one where the tap-in merchant ran away like a chicken against a hot France in France is more important & their most difficult match!

Is it for scoring against Hungary Where you con put Nani wey score same number of goals with the tap-in merchant in the tournament &, most importantly, stood like a man in arguably their most difficult match in history when the tap-in merchant ran away like a chicken only to be forming coach wey them no send am? I no understand!

Because he doesn't have a team like Portugal that can win very important matches even when he flops so bad like a certain tap-in merchant!

Do u know Ronaldo scored on one the finest goals in euro 16 and also had the best assist... Y am I even wasting my time on u... U Messi fans are like boko haram fighters... Ignorantly fighting for a stupid course and defending their stupidity
Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:50pm On Jun 20, 2019
GoTV:
In life you can't have it all. Life itself is full of up and down moments. As great as Ronaldo Delima who won many trophies with Brazil including World Cup, he couldn't win the Champions League which players like Daniel sturridge won recently despite playing for almighty Madrid filled with super stars. Jay Jay okocha as good as he was never won the African footballer of the year award which fringe players like Adebayor and El-hadji diouf won.

Many of you trolling messi's predicament with Argentina are doing so due to high expectations and unimaginable standards he sets for himself. He's a victim of his brilliance no doubt but never forget winning trophies is not exclusive to a player effort. Football is a team sport but i wonder why you all blame messi when he has been unfortunate to be with paper weight team mates. An injured Ronaldo won the Euro cup due to the fighting spirit of the Portuguese players (credit to Eder) after Ronaldo led them to finals with his goals. Same as the recent nations league which guedes delivered and Bernardo silva emerged best player.

Ronaldo is the arrow head of the Portuguese team no doubt but his team mates deliver when he's not in charge, unlike messi whose team mates are big names on paper but play terribly despite his efforts to inspire them to glory. Higuain missed 3 decisive one on one chances against Germany in 2014 finals before gotze scored, chances fringe players like guedes and Eder converted to win Ronaldo the international trophies you all troll about. Everything in Argentine football must not be delivered by messi. It's a games of 11 players so why place the burden on only messi as if Portugal fields only Ronaldo against other teams? When Elder and guedes scored to win the trophy when it mattered most, you guys ignore their efforts and give all praises to Ronaldo. When Argentina team plays badly even if defenders scored own goal all blame goes to messi. Haba guys, what level of hypocrisy?

This is not to defend or absorb messi of his involvement in the failure of the Argentine's team to win a major afterall he missed a penalty against chile in previous Copa finals, but i think we are too harsh on him with unreasonable criticisms.

I hope Majority of you guys criticizing him have achieved all you desire in life? I hope there is nothing again you which to achieve or conquer? Can you have it all in life? No. Even Atiku with all his billions stills dreams of being a president. You can't have it all. Ronaldo is fortunate to be in a team with winning mentality, unlike messi. Despite all Cristiano Ronaldo has won in his career, he would also wish to have a world cup medal which players like Giroud won without scoring a goal. There is always something left to chase and achieve. Despite all this challenges It doesn't dispute the fact that messi is indeed amongst the greatest players to play the game.

Had he naturalized to spain like diego Costa during their golden era of winning euros and world cup, this debate of who the greatest is would have been buried. Even if Argentina wins this year's copa America, you Ronaldo fans will still troll messi to win another international trophy to match Ronaldo's two. Nothing messi does will ever satisfy you people.

you called a player who Marshalled Senegal to world cup quarter finals 2002 a fringe player... and yet you want people to buy the thrash you are selling here on Messi... so long some of you think Messi is ahead of Ronaldo this tiring argument ll continue... even if I think Messi has been unlucky to win an international trophy at least a copa America...cos the German deserve their 2014 trophy...but if u Argentina team should be blamed then Messi should share in it simple...and please diouf is no fringe player...even adebayor who qualified a tiny Togo to 2006 world scoring over 11 goals.... okocha lost African best to formidable stars...in fact the only African best okocha could have won is 1998 he lost to hadji of Morocco....

1 Like

Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jun 20, 2019
Beverlyjean:

This was the same analysis on ESPN... But Messi don't wanna play deep cos he wants to b the one on the score shit... If aguero wins golden boot and they win a trophy... Aguero will certainly b credited with victory...that's not what Messi wants...Messi wants it to b that he personally did it for Argentina like Ronaldo did for Portugal
That is your imagination

Point of correction, a player that got injured in the final of Euro 2016 will never be the one that won the trophy for Portugal. He was great against Hungary and Wales but got injured against the host tough nation France. He could not carry on... . Eder saved the day....

UEFA nations League belonged to Bernaldo Silva...

But agreed Ronaldo won 2 International trophies just like Patricio...

Messi has never, will never conceived that imagination of yours...

Scaloni decide how they play. Infact, Messi want both of them to play together. But we all saw how it was in the World cup when both of them play together...

If you include Messi in the midfield, without proper double DMF, you are just kidding yourself because the team will be disadvantaged defensively. Messi do not defend. So there is no way he will recover the ball in the midst of midfield tussle. He is am attacker with AMF trait but he can't play as an AMF without proper double DMF. And that will phase out Lo Celso who is a Midfielder...

I think Solution is to Sub Messi and Dybala. Or sacrifice Lo Celso for Dybala but the team will even suffer more...

What is your assessment of Paredes, Pepeyra, De Paul, Matias Suarez and that number 6??

It seems you are only looking at Messi in the team. These are players in the Midfield and defense? How do you rate them??
Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:56pm On Jun 20, 2019
Andrewkinggg:
When you speak on Messi, speak it with respect and deference.
I see it is travesty that Ronaldo is put in the same pedestal as Messi. Messi is way way way ahead of Ronaldo.
It's a big insult to say Ronaldo is better because he had won 2 trophies with his national team forgetting trophies are team achievements. Portugal won the trophies and not Ronaldo. In those 2 finals Portugal played, Ronaldo fired blank, he was completely inefftctive on the field.

I'm going end this argument once and for all. Most of us has seen Okocha and Mikel Obi played. Okocha has played in the highest level of football with the national team but has failed to lift the continental nations cup whereas Mikel Obi has lifted the Nations Cup. My question is who is the greatest Nigerian Player between these two?

Let's know who knows their football.
see this one typing shit again...did okocha not win afcon 94.. and must everyone be skilful like okocha to play ball... Mikel for over a decade has done enough to rank as top ten Nigerian great of all time

1 Like

Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by elijahkayode(m): 3:04pm On Jun 20, 2019
Andrewkinggg:
When you speak on Messi, speak it with respect and deference.
I see it is travesty that Ronaldo is put in the same pedestal as Messi. Messi is way way way ahead of Ronaldo.
It's a big insult to say Ronaldo is better because he had won 2 trophies with his national team forgetting trophies are team achievements. Portugal won the trophies and not Ronaldo. In those 2 finals Portugal played, Ronaldo fired blank, he was completely inefftctive on the field.

I'm going end this argument once and for all. Most of us has seen Okocha and Mikel Obi played. Okocha has played in the highest level of football with the national team but has failed to lift the continental nations cup whereas Mikel Obi has lifted the Nations Cup. My question is who is the greatest Nigerian Player between these two?

Let's know who knows their football.

you made a quality argument until u decided to compare obi & okocha (obi is a defensive midfielder so ur argument holds no ground) it's like comparing makelele with zidane
the problem is Maradona is a left feet magician like Messi (Messi most iconic goal for Barcelona was an exact replica of maradona famous goal, the goal was shown on Argentina state TV for weeks)
=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DTEcghxju2G4&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwiIpbWanPjiAhVyUBUIHTL9CJgQtwIwA3oECAsQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1r15GjauUJjSMm_y39yj5_

Maradona is regarded as one the greatest football player ever (unless messi wins a major trophy with Argentina he will always fall short of his compatriot)

1 Like

Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by MrMou: 3:05pm On Jun 20, 2019
Jokerman:

Messi actually refused 2015 Copa best player award because him dey disappointed say him no win. He also rejected Man of the Match against Paraguay in the group stages because he wasn't happy they squandered a two goal lead! He has small shame unlike a certain shameless tap-in merchant that's even campaigning for this year's Balon D'or by shamelessly telling us by himself how he scored the winning goal in a Community Shield equivalent!

And if you claim FIFA dashed Messi, did FIFA dash Modric too? Na the tap-in merchant for win the award, ba? Do you really need to see Messi's 2014 world cup stats? grin

1 Like

Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jun 20, 2019
odomanis:

Nobody, to the best of my knowledge is saying that Messi is not a good player. What the grouse is, is the irrational attempt to compare him with CR7. An excellent player should excel in any team,at any league. Messi has never carried the Agentine team all by his shoulders to success. On the other hand CR7 has done that for Portugal right from when they didn't have stars that you sighted above. CR7 excelled in Portugal,he also excelled in the most competitive and most difficult league for any player,the English premier league,he has also excelled in Spain and now excelling in Italian league. On the other hand ,Messi has remained in spain,he should leave his comfort zone lets see how he can adjust,adapt, integrate and excell just like CR7. Messi is good but,CR7 is the BEST.
Excelled?? He only scored against Hungary and Wales and got injured against toughest opponent.
Eder was there for him when it matter most..
Even Greece won the Euro and nobody hyped them this much..
How can a player that got injured in the final be hyped that much
Which Superstar has ever won international trophy by getting injured in the final for his nation?? Only Cristiano!!! Zizou, Maradona, R9. If you are leading, lead properly abeg.

And the UEFA nations league Definitely Bernaldo Silva is the one that led Portugal to win it. Not by playing just 2 games.

Stop using Messi unfortunate experience with Argentina to overhype Ronaldo please... We all watched Eder vs France, it was epic. We all saw Bernaldo Silva as the best player in the UNL!!!

Ronaldo has good teammates that could raise Portugal in the FIFA ranking when he was unavailable in the UNL...

2 Likes

Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by Equity15(m): 3:12pm On Jun 20, 2019
fighal:
Make sentiments nor kill you las las...
Your hatred for Messi won't stop his shine...
Saying Neymar and Suarez saved his ass is a very foolish statement. Why were they in the club in the first place? No be to support each other?
was Neymar or Suarez in the Argentina squad when they won the Olympics? were they there when Messi won the player of the tournament in a world cup competition? Una go just open mouth dey talk anyhow, as if the other players dey do am on their own... Ronaldo that had an abysmal season with Juventus nobody came for his head oo...
I'm very sure your daily prayer is for Argentina to have an awful tournament because Messi is on the team.. Abegi
what is your definition of abysmal?
Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by Frankaka8(m): 3:12pm On Jun 20, 2019
Jokerman:

u also don forget say Blatter extend balondor vote to favour cr7 some years back?? Nigeria s will always be Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by Jokerman(m): 3:16pm On Jun 20, 2019
MrMou:

Messi actually refused 2015 Copa best player award because him dey disappointed say him no win. He also rejected Man of the Match against Paraguay in the group stages because he wasn't happy they squandered a two goal lead! He has small shame unlike a certain shameless tap-in merchant that's even campaigning for this year's Balon D'or by shamelessly telling us by himself how he scored the winning goal in a Community Shield equivalent!

And if you claim FIFA dashed Messi, did FIFA dash Modric too? Na the tap-in merchant for win the award, ba? Do you really need to see Messi's 2014 world cup stats? grin

4 goals in the group stages and 1 assist in the knock out stages??

That he couldn't even make the team of the tournament bases on statistics??

1 Like

Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by Jokerman(m): 3:17pm On Jun 20, 2019
MrMou:

Fact man! Only if Messi had a team like Portugal that can win these finals like they do for the tap-in merchant even if he flops in all or runs away like a chicken. grin

Rubbish talk... Your Messi couldn't score or assist in 4 finals..... grin

1 Like

Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by Jokerman(m): 3:19pm On Jun 20, 2019
MrMou:

You Messi fans are something sha grin

Tell us why Messi will appear in 4 finals and lose all?? grin

1 Like

Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jun 20, 2019
Beverlyjean:

When Portugal won the Euros ...did they have a striker?? Did they have a good midfielder... What's the difference between these Argentine midfielders and the Portuguese midfielders at the Euros

Quaresma... Fluntuates and can't completes full time
Moutinho... Average ( never played for a top club)
João mario... Dead
Vierinha.... Unknown
Andre Gomez ... Dead
Renato Sanchez... Inexperienced
Rafa silver... unknown
William cavarlho ... average
Danilo...average
Andre silver... Dead

Those are the names of the entire midfielders Portugal used in the euros to win it... Not one played for a top European club... All were in Portuguese league , apart from moutinho that was in the French league and quaresma that was in the Turkish league... The only two superstar in the team was Ronaldo and there was Nani that never hit it big and Pepe that is red card prone...

But they still won the euros that is the second most difficult cup to win after the world cup... And remember,they had never won anything in their history...
But u guys are there making excuses for Messi....
This players you ridiculed were the bony framework of Portugal. Portugal won most of their games in the extra times. It takes a highly compact midfield and good defence to achieve that...

Ronaldo is not the reason why Patricio was make brilliant saves

Ronaldo is not the reason why Pepe led the solid defence

Ronaldo is not the reason why Calvaho Mourinho and Sanchez formed a good trident

Coach Santos is the reason..

Ronaldo is not the reason why Sanchez bossed Croatia midfield and scored the only goal of the game,

Ronaldo is not the reason why Sanchez won the MOTM in that match...

Ronaldo was excellent against Hungary and Wales. That's all!!!

He was poor against Iceland, he lost a penalty in that match..

He was average against Croatia.

He was handicapped against the toughest opponent, France.
. Yes, he is the captain, yes he scored 3 goals in the tournament same as Nani who also scored 3 goals but Ronaldo is not the reason why they made it.

The whole team led by Santos is the reason...

Who knew Ede SANTOS believed in him and that is the reason why he is made to play against the energetic France. Guess what, he delivered...

And UEFA nations league, Bernaldo Silva led Portugal to win the trophy. He is the best Portugal player this season...

Ronaldo has good teammates. Just watch them on YouTube for further confirmation....

Compare Portugal without Ronaldo with Argentina with. Messi. You will realize that Ronaldo has good teammates!!!!

1 Like

Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by BerryAnny(m): 3:28pm On Jun 20, 2019
GoTV:
In life you can't have it all. Life itself is full of up and down moments. As great as Ronaldo Delima who won many trophies with Brazil including World Cup, he couldn't win the Champions League which players like Daniel sturridge won recently despite playing for almighty Madrid filled with super stars. Jay Jay okocha as good as he was never won the African footballer of the year award which fringe players like Adebayor and El-hadji diouf won.

Many of you trolling messi's predicament with Argentina are doing so due to high expectations and unimaginable standards he sets for himself. He's a victim of his brilliance no doubt but never forget winning trophies is not exclusive to a player effort. Football is a team sport but i wonder why you all blame messi when he has been unfortunate to be with paper weight team mates. An injured Ronaldo won the Euro cup due to the fighting spirit of the Portuguese players (credit to Eder) after Ronaldo led them to finals with his goals. Same as the recent nations league which guedes delivered and Bernardo silva emerged best player.

You really have no iota of shame. All this epistle just to justify the failure of a coward midget who retire at any sight of threat.
Ronaldo is the real GOAT not your Ewu Argentina.

2 Likes

Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by GEEBITE: 3:32pm On Jun 20, 2019
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][/color][color=#990000][b][/b]I'll take only the Libero Pasarella out of the the three as well above average.But he did not a play a single match as he was battling illness,loss of form and tiff with Maradona. I dont need Youtube, as I was privileged to watch all the games of Argentina in Mexico 86. Maradona was the soul, captain,their team's top scorer as a pure number 10(playmaker) and MVP.Jorge Valdano was a declining force as number 9,he was a bench warmer for the Vulture Butragueno and the legendary Hugo Sanchez in Real Madrid.I don't need to dwell too much on Burucchaga,he is an average striker or can you compare him to Careca of Brazil?
These three guys didnt make 1990 world cup final and yet Maradona still dragged a worse team(well below average) that lost an opening match in a world cup to the finals before losing via a second half penalty to a German team full of superstars. Please you can be rating your Messi over Ronaldo but dont try it with Maradona. Messi doesnt come close.

About Carlos Bilardo..yeah the Argentine public apologised to him for excessive criticism because he was like their Mourinho with negative tactics but it was glaring Maradona won the world cup for them,the people know who their true and only hero is.
C. Cannigia himself knows without Maradona in Italia90 he was nothing.At least we saw in US94 that immediately Maradona was banned,the team collapsed.
eni4real:
Average team that score 3 goals in the final while Maradona was not on the score sheet.With a winning goal made by Maradona with much shackles by the hard Germans on him all through the game? Tell or show me of any world cup final with that kind of sublime through pass that lead to one on one with the goalkeeper.That is Maradona delivering at the highest stage.

Buruchaga is average
Valdano is Average
Pasarella is average??

Don't be deceived by folktales.

All their videos are available on the YouTube

Check up Argentina vs Germany 1986 World cup final. And see how those average players perform compare with this mediocre teammates of Messi...

No credit to Carlos Bilardo, the Coach??

My question for you..

Why can't Maradona perform following Claudio Cannigia suspension in Italia 90 final

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Eguavoen: How We ‘Tamed’ Mohamed Salah / Even Man City B Team Can Win The Premier League - Mourinho / If I Hadn’t Married A Sportsman, My Marriage Would Be A Disaster – Mary Onyali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.