Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] - Technology Market (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] (215809 Views)

Pickup Services(offerup,letgo Etc) In California(los Angeles) 2 DAYS SHIPPING !! / Kansas/Missouri State Pickup [Offerup,Craigslist,Letgo,5miles] / Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (186) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Protein0: 10:58pm On Jan 14, 2021
Ohiomoba5:
How do u expect a used phone not to have any usable signs...i m still surprised you are dragging this issue...i have told you i will pay for the camera glass...or is there any issue aside from the cracked camera glass
"More like a brand new" should have no sign of usage.

If buyer insists on return, let him return it and refund his money.
You can sell it 5k cheaper than the earlier selling price, instead of using 5k to repair it. You may even sell it at that same price or higher. I don't think that crack on camera glass is significant enough to be replaced before selling. There will always be a buyer that will buy as is, so far the price is right.

5 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by gidieberry(m): 12:22pm On Jan 15, 2021
Protein0:

"More like a brand new" should have no sign of usage.

If buyer insists on return, let him return it and refund his money.
You can sell it 5k cheaper than the earlier selling price, instead of using 5k to repair it. You may even sell it at that same price or higher. I don't think that crack on camera glass is significant enough to be replaced before selling. There will always be a buyer that will buy as is, so far the price is right.

The way the word Mint and Open Box fly around ehn.
Item no go come be as described, many just used thses words cauz they see others using it as, imagine as a selwlr you advertised device as mint and you are still saying how come a used phone will not show sign of wears, I laugh.
If buyer insist on refund, seller should honor it as well

5 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Protein0: 12:47pm On Jan 15, 2021
gidieberry:

The way the word Mint and Open Box fly around ehn.
Item no go come be as described, many just used thses words cauz they see others using it as, imagine as a selwlr you advertised device as mint and you are still saying how come a used phone will not show sign of wears, I laugh.
If buyer insist on refund, seller should honor it as well
Exactly.
Those words dey make me look like a newbie in this thing so tey I had to ask another seller what open box meant.
Imagine a supposed open box I got, different box, different accessories advertised as open box.
Those words are being loosely used even by some known sellers. The fact that there is an item, accessories and a box does not make an open box.
Is the box originally for the item? Are the accessories OEM? Is the item itself unused? These are the germaine questions.

Open box new means a new item that is just not sealed, not hand of Jacob, Voice of Esau cheesy cool

Open box used is a term I am not very comfortable with but they say it's a used phone with its box and accessories. For me, this is simply a used phone with complete accessories.
Open box shud ordinarily mean open box new.

Mint should mean an item in pristine conditon and this should be different from a very clean item

7 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by gidieberry(m): 12:53pm On Jan 15, 2021
Protein0:
Exactly.
Those words dey make me look like a newbie in this thing so tey I had to ask another seller what open box meant.
Imagine a supposed open box I got, different box, different accessories advertised as open box.
Those words are being loosely used even by known sellers.

Open box new means a new item that is just not sealed.

Open box used is a term I am not very comfortable with but they say it's a used phone with its box and accessories. For me, this is simply a used phone with complete accessories.
Open box shud ordinarily mean open box new.

Mint should mean an item in pristine conditon and this should be different from a very clean item
Honorable, you are doing well. You don talk am finish
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by RazaqMB(m): 3:07pm On Jan 15, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
G4Boyz

If the camera glass truly broke on transit. Asking him for a refund is selfishness.

You have to understand that the reward for doing business is not profit alone. if the device got missing on transit would you still request for a refund from him?
what if they had used escrow and it got missing, what happens? He paid him based on trust.

I wish the seller can send a back view picture of the phone that showed the camera area to access if there's a nick or not.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Nellsworld(m): 4:54pm On Jan 15, 2021
RazaqMB:
what if they had used escrow and it got missing, what happens? He paid him based on trust.

I wish the seller can send a back view picture of the phone that showed the camera area to access if there's a nick or not.
The guy just dey defend the seller, the seller said mint and sold a phone that is not mint and started blaming the driver, even the pix he uploaded, u will be seeing cracks, as long as the phone didn't get spoilt or crack in the buyer's hand, the buyer has every right to ask for refund, cos the seller no sell wetin he described

5 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by pheranmie(m): 9:36pm On Jan 15, 2021
Fabsy:
Hi Guys,

I know there’s nothing I can really say that can be enough to undo all that happened last year.

I am here to take full responsibility and apologize profusely, I am truly SORRY!

I admit that in 2020 I didn’t do a lot of things right.

For example, with Rakiticbarca, we had a MacBook deal that didn’t work out and it took me about a month to refund him because the seller kept promising me that he had them.

What I should have done: Tell Rakitic exactly what was happening immediately and leave him to decide if I should hold on to the money or refund him.

With Peterflexy, similar issue, he got some AirPods Pro from me and the deal didn’t pull through. The seller had supplied me over 250 pieces of AirPods Pro before then which i sold to some people here on NL and had no reason to doubt her.

So I was assured that I will get additional 100pcs from her but she kept posting me.

I finally refunded him Peterflexy but it took too long.

What I should have done: Explain to him what was happening and let him decide what the next course of action would be.

With Pheranmie, shipment was delayed. It took over 5weeks for his item to get to the shipper in Texas, I have all the proof of when I sent the items to Texas and I only selected that route because I was promised it would get to him in 5 days. I shipped via usps from Baltimore to Texas and what was meant to take 2 days lingered for 5weeks because of the holiday and backlogs from usps.

He thought I shipped via my normal shipping route(which would normally take 5-10 days), All I wanted was a better route and thereby improve efficiency and make him happy.

Pheranmie collected some of his items yesterday(5 of 8 PCs) and I’ve decided to refund him the rest of the money(for 3pcs) by the end of today.

What I Should I have done: Let him know early enough that I didn’t ship via the normal route. Tell him exactly what’s going on so he won’t sell his items as TLC.

After sitting back to really think about all these, I noticed a common theme:

MISCOMMUNICATION & LACK OF OPENNESS

This is what I’ve learnt now: business has its twists and turns and whenever there is an issue, no matter how unpalatable it might sound, let all those involved know EXACTLY whats going on so that it can help them make their decisions.

Here’s my promise going forward:

⁃ Openness. If a deal goes wrong. I will let the person know and issue an immediate refund. No more delays. I’ve been able to work this out with my exchanger.

⁃ Shipping Consistency. if I am not able to ship for any reason, I’ll let everyone know via the thread.

So, If you’ve had any issue with me in the past I am here to sincerely apologize, I am sorry.

No words can really describe how bad I feel and I hope you’ll find a place in your heart to forgive me.

Thanks in anticipation
VF

UPDATE!!!

With a grateful heart I say a big thank you to everyone that felt concerned about my issue.
He has settled me both in terms of refund and items so he doesn't owe me anything .I say a big thanks to you for fulfilling your words to clear everything yesterday though it's looks impossible but you did and I am immensely grateful for keeping to your words....I believe you've learnt some lessons from all this and I hope to hear good of you as time goes so we could have more deals.THANKS TO EVERYONE

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Idboyostic(m): 12:34am On Jan 16, 2021
Ohiomoba5:

Lol so you expect me to just accept the phone back...something i sent to you in good condition...the other blue phone has been sold to idboyostic.....call me anything u feel like i m not moved..
Just came online and the 1st thing am seeing is this....bro, abeg make una just try solve am, na Small thing and G4boyz no be that kind person oo. I don't know where you offended him that got us here. He is very patient when it comes to issues like this.

2 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by OgogoroFreak(m): 7:52am On Jan 16, 2021
Nellsworld:

The guy just dey defend the seller, the seller said mint and sold a phone that is not mint and started blaming the driver, even the pix he uploaded, u will be seeing cracks, as long as the phone didn't get spoilt or crack in the buyer's hand, the buyer has every right to ask for refund, cos the seller no sell wetin he described
I based my judgment on what both parties said. Most people here just jump in and pass judgment that makes me wonder if they care to listen to both persons involve.

Yes seller wrongly said phone was mint but he sent pictures and video of the real phone. so seller, seeing the pics and vid neutralizes the true meaning of "mint" because he should know phone is not mint. I assumed both of them don't know what mint really mean.

The phone had a cracked camera glass. Seller said it's from the driver. We can't just assume he is lying hence, he should issue a refund against his wish. What if he is not lying? Won't that judgment be unfair?
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by G4Boyz(m): 8:33am On Jan 16, 2021
Idboyostic:
Just came online and the 1st thing am seeing is this....bro, abeg make una just try solve am, na Small thing and G4boyz no be that kind person oo. I don't know where you offended him that got us here. He is very patient when it comes to issues like this.

Good morning Boss, thanks for stepping in.. the issue has been resolved. I had to fix the glass. and fortunately client is an understanding person, i fixed the glass and explained things to him and he accepted the phone. It sucks tho, I had to repair the same phone i had asked him (ohiomoba5) if it has been opened or repaired before.. he covered the cost of the glass and I covered the repair cost. well sha, sometimes things don't always go the way you had planed it.. it's business. we can't win all the time. Sometimes you lose, sometimes you win, but every time you learn.. Our prayers should be that our wins should be more than our loses. God bless y'all smiley

5 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by OgogoroFreak(m): 8:39am On Jan 16, 2021
G4Boyz:

Good morning Boss, thanks for stepping in.. the issue has been resolved. I had to fix the glass. and fortunately client is an understanding person, i fixed the glass and explained things to him and he accepted the phone. It sucks tho, I had to repair the same phone i had asked him (ohiomoba5) if it has been opened or repaired before.. he covered the cost of the glass and I covered the repair cost. well sha, sometimes things don't always go the way you planed it.. it's business. we can't win all the time. Sometimes you lose, sometimes you win, but every time you learn.. Our prayers should be that our wins should be more than our loses. God bless y'all smiley
That is the spirit of a true business man!

Not those ones that look for every reason to get a refund if they buy something and they can't sell it.

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Jung(m): 10:29am On Jan 16, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
That is the spirit of a true business man!

Not those ones that look for every reason to get a refund if they buy something and they can't sell it.

Come out with your chest instead of subbing and capping bros lol.

All these innuendos no dey help. Be open grin
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by OgogoroFreak(m): 11:21am On Jan 16, 2021
Jung:

Come out with your chest instead of subbing and capping bros lol.

All these innuendos no dey help. Be open grin

2 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Ohiomoba5: 11:58am On Jan 16, 2021
Idboyostic:
Thanks my chief daddy...it has been resolved...n i also thank everyone that contributed to the issue...God bless you all!!

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by BUGOFF(m): 6:06pm On Jan 19, 2021
hello, people. I'm about getting into a transaction with a fellow Nairalander but, being a first time, I'd like to secure myself with Escrow. can the house suggest a trusted Escrow person to facilitate this, pls? it's urgent. Thanks
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by dannybrasky(m): 6:15pm On Jan 19, 2021
BUGOFF:
hello, people. I'm about getting into a transaction with a fellow Nairalander but, being a first time, I'd like to secure myself with Escrow. can the house suggest a trusted Escrow person to facilitate this, pls? it's urgent. Thanks
@wese90

And pls be nice.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by BUGOFF(m): 7:11pm On Jan 19, 2021
who's credible on Escrow, pls?
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by BUGOFF(m): 7:13pm On Jan 19, 2021
dannybrasky:
@wese90
And pls be nice.
Thank you.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by BUGOFF(m): 7:13pm On Jan 19, 2021
dannybrasky:
@wese90
And pls be nice.
Thank you
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by RazaqMB(m): 8:45am On Jan 20, 2021
BUGOFF:
who's credible on Escrow, pls?
wese90

2 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by ikembz(m): 8:54am On Jan 20, 2021
See evil...
Baba de view my post..
But no gree respond to my Chats nor call..

Forkdragnet...e no go better for you..coz swears go follow you with this behavior you de display..
Ah swear..

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by noobody(m): 9:30am On Jan 30, 2021
smiley smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by chelseamann(m): 9:32am On Jan 30, 2021
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Burchester: 9:49am On Jan 30, 2021
noobody:
I suggest all transactions with @ Chelseamann of vizu systems and technilogy with phone number
07065840750 monikerr be put on hold for now!I am not sure he can be trusted,he landed me two terrible tlc deals and has been avoiding me on how to make back my refund.

You would have a case to answer in the dispute resolution thread very soon!!

I have tried my best to be diplomatic and reasonable with you, but you do not seem to be forth coming,you leave me with no choice

There should list of Trusted Deal Hunter/Sellers.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by hustla(m): 9:58am On Jan 30, 2021
There should be a list of verified deal hunters along with their phone #s according to Tier

Tier 1 - should be for oldies who can even be used for escrow transactions

Tier 2 - old not quite at the tier 1 level

Tier 3 - Newbies

Just a suggestion

2 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by acekid109(m): 9:59am On Jan 30, 2021
Burchester:

There was, till people rubbished the whole thing. Now, we gats do deal with vibes and Insha Allah

3 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by hustla(m): 9:59am On Jan 30, 2021
acekid109:

There was, till people rubbished the whole thing. Now, we gats do deal with vibes and Insha Allah

Probably time to bring it back

smiley
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by hustla(m): 10:00am On Jan 30, 2021
Burchester:

Someone suggested it before me sef

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Zino1011(m): 10:53am On Jan 30, 2021
Burchester:

its been settled.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Onyeka90210(m): 11:01am On Jan 30, 2021
Burchester:

I think the list is on the first page
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by noobody(m): 11:05am On Jan 30, 2021
Burchester:

It is never my intention to spoil anyone's name neither pull any man's biz down,circumstances made me post what I did earlier,but thankfully a payment plan has been planned,and he is willing to make ammends in all area due,kindly help me edit your post please,thank you....
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Toma2: 8:58pm On Jan 30, 2021
hustla:
There should be a list of verified deal hunters along with their phone #s according to Tier

Tier 1 - should be for oldies who can even be used for escrow transactions

Tier 2 - old not quite at the tier 1 level

Tier 3 - Newbies

Just a suggestion
Comot newbies..

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (186) (Reply)

Pre-order your Technologies From USA and Canada Few days deliv / Romoss PeA60 60Kmah, Romoss Pea40 Pro 40kmah, Romoss Sense 8pf+ 30kmah, etc / Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.