Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] - Technology Market (154) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] (215954 Views)

Pickup Services(offerup,letgo Etc) In California(los Angeles) 2 DAYS SHIPPING !! / Kansas/Missouri State Pickup [Offerup,Craigslist,Letgo,5miles] / Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (186) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by wildchild1: 10:10am On Jun 27, 2021
Onyeka90210:
If the picker really did use the deal hunters alias to pick up the item, then the phone deal or the $25 should go to the deal hunter.
My opinion sha

This looks more like the case and I support the payment of $25 to the deal hunter in the case of a successful pick up.

3 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by wolfenstein(m): 10:40am On Jun 27, 2021
wildchild1:

That was him asking the seller. Let the seller show her screenshot conversation with picker.
Tor
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by yasolan(m): 12:56pm On Jun 29, 2021
Good job from all the moderators
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Kreamie(m): 2:13pm On Jun 29, 2021
Bros, delete
yasolan:
Dell Latitude e7440
Intel Core I5
8gb RAM
320gb HDD
Backlit Keyboard
Fingerprint Scanner
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by sotall(m): 11:44am On Jul 11, 2021
Bringing this complaint to all technology market members in the house to help tell Omotolsy to refund my money.

There is a statement that says " you never know the true character of someone till they taste power". Thats what my experience has been since the items i ordered through Stan(California) got in the hands of Omotolsy.

I will try to make this brief as much as i can.

So i ordered some items through Stan last month and got to know Omotolsy was his handler when the goods arrived Nigeria.
So I contacted him 30th June and he informed me via WhatsApp that pickup starts the next day.
He charged 2000 naira as delivery fee and one thousand naira as handler's fee for the two laptops i was picking. One of the laptops i ordered was for a client and I immediately reached out to the client to come pick up the next day.

I paid Omotolsy 3k at 8am the following morning and asked him to tell the dispatch to call me before hitting the road.

After waiting and no call from dispatch at 3:20pm, i again chatted Omotolsy about the delivery of my items. Then he responded that it will be tomorrow that the dispatch had mechanical issues.

Then i asked why he didn't inform me before now and had to wait till i chatted him to break the news.

That if he had contacted me, i would have sent my own dispatch to get the items.

Then he said he had troubles with network contacting the dispatch.

Then i responded that i told him to tell the dispatch to call me before leaving. He got angry and immediately blocked me on WhatsApp saying i should contact him through SMS. A screenshot of this chat is available after this text.

I immediately contacted Stan explaining the situation.
First Stan was baffled and denied being aware of any handler's fee being collected by Omotolsy. He said he pays Omotolsy for his services and didn't expect him to collect any other fee from customers.

Secondly, he promised to call him and get back to me on when i am getting my items.

At the moment, the client who has been with me waiting for hours to collect his laptop got disappointed and left.

Next morning , i got a call from a dispatch who delivered the items to me in ikeja.

This means i still had one laptop to pick. I guess this laptop came with another shipment.
Received a text message from Omotolsy on 3rd July about the 3rd laptop.

Then i paid 2000 naira for him to send a dispatch to deliver it to me. I sent a text message to that effect.

He responded and said delivery fee is now 2500 naira since he was using a dispatch and not a car. Aside this, he asked for additional one thousand naira as handling fee.

After reading his text message, i declined using his service and told him i will be sending my own dispatch to pickup. I sent him my account number to refund the 2000 naira i earlier sent to him.

I reached out to Stan explaining to him again and he said he didn't authorize any handling fee and that he will tell Omotolsy to refund my money.

The next day i sent a dispatch to pickup my laptop and i recieved it.

But Omotolsy has refused to refund the money i paid to him since Monday last week.

I dont know if he wants me to come beg him or use other options to get that money from him.

Attached below are the WhatsApp and text message screenshots.

@kreamie et al.

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by lilachiever(m): 1:02pm On Jul 11, 2021
sotall:
Bringing this complaint to all technology market members in the house to help tell Omotolsy to refund my money.

There is a statement that says " you never know the true character of someone till they taste power". Thats what my experience has been since the items i ordered through Stan(California) got in the hands of Omotolsy.

So i ordered some items through Stan last month and got to know Omotolsy was his handler when the goods arrived Nigeria.
So I contacted him 30th June and he informed me via WhatsApp that pickup starts the next day.
He charged 2000 naira as delivery fee and one thousand naira as handler's fee for the two laptops i was picking. One of the laptops i ordered was for a client and I immediately reached out to the client to come pick up the next day.

I paid Omotolsy 3k at 8am the following morning and asked him to tell the dispatch to call me before hitting the road.

After waiting and no call from dispatch at 3:20pm, i again chatted Omotolsy about the delivery of my items. Then he responded that it will be tomorrow that the dispatch had mechanical issues.

Then i asked why he didn't inform me before now and had to wait till i chatted him to break the news.

That if he had contacted me, i would have sent my own dispatch to get the items.

Then i responded that i told him to tell the dispatch to call me before leaving. He got angry and immediately blocked me on WhatsApp saying i should contact him through SMS. A screenshot of this chat is available after this text.

First Stan was baffled and denied being aware of any handler's fee being collected by Omotolsy. He said he pays Omotolsy for his services and didn't expect him to collect any other fee from customers.

Secondly, he promised to call him and get back to me on when i am getting my items.

At the moment, the client who has been with me waiting for hours to collect his laptop got disappointed and left.

Next morning , i got a call from a dispatch who delivered the items to me in ikeja.

This means i still had one laptop to pick. I guess this laptop came with another shipment.

Then i paid 2000 naira for him to send a dispatch to deliver it to me. I sent a text message to that effect.

He responded and said delivery fee is now 2500 naira since he was using a dispatch and not a car. Aside this, he asked for additional one thousand naira as handling fee.

After reading his text message, i declined using his service and told him i will be sending my own dispatch to pickup. I sent him my account number to refund the 2000 naira i earlier sent to him.

I reached out to Stan explaining to him again and he said he didn't authorize any handling fee and that he will tell Omotolsy to refund my money.

But Omotolsy has refused to refund the money i paid to him since Monday last week.

I dont know if he wants me to come beg him or use other options to get that money from him.

@kreamie et al.

Na my area he even dey
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by omotolsy(m): 1:52pm On Jul 11, 2021
You know what they call people like you?

AGBAYA!

I asked you to send your account details after communicating with you about the impossible delivery. Did you send? (see attached).

Did you remind me to send it before coming here?
You think i would hold unto your 2k for pleasure or what?
Obviously you know what your doing.

You are coming here to ask for refund of how much in particular(2k)?

Opening your untamed mouth to say other irrelevant things aside what you want(posting pickup location, talking about who pays who or not). Your soo immature.

Delivery could not be made that very day due to mechanical issues, everyone understood but you were soo arrogant and started shouting on phone because you had not been updated, update had not gotten to you because aside the general message I sent in the group i was reaching out to others one by one and i had not gotten to you yet.

You think i block people anyhow?

In all the sms you posted was there any insult dished out to you?

What is the power your talking about?
That i am doing handler for Stan is power?
Do you know how many other states i handheld directly before now?
So in your eyes this pickup thing is power stuff?

Do you even know me at all?
Go and ask those that know me about me.

The funniest thing is that i can perceive that your not a young fellow o.
Even the young ones in this business would not be this silly and foolish like you.
Your actions are quite foolish and people can see why i blocked you in the first place.

You are arrogant and i detest arrogance.
Come down from your hourse.

sotall:

@kreamie et al.

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by zero824(m): 2:05pm On Jul 11, 2021
omotolsy:

AGBAYA!

I asked you to send your account details after communicating with you about the impossible delivery. Did you send? (see attached).

~Opening your untamed mouth to say other irrelevant things~ aside what you want. Your soo immature.

Delivery could not be made that very day due to mechanical issues, everyone understood but you were soo arrogant and started shouting on phone because you had not been updated, update had not gotten to you because aside the general message I sent in the group i was reaching out to others one by one and i had not gotten to you yet.

Even the young ones in this business would not be this silly and foolish like you.
Your actions are quite foolish and people can see why i blocked you in the first place.

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by sotall(m): 2:07pm On Jul 11, 2021
omotolsy:

AGBAYA!

Opening your untamed mouth to say other irrelevant things aside what you want. Your soo immature.

By the way someone talks, you will know who is agbaya, foolish, untamed and other words you used in your statement.

I narrated everything that happened without insults.
So those words you used describes you.

Did you see the first screenshot?
My bank details have been there since Monday.
I told Stan to also tell you to refund my money.

I forgot 2k is small money to you. Please refund my money.

I have words to express your character but i wont go down that road with you.

12 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by omotolsy(m): 2:14pm On Jul 11, 2021
You see i have even forgotten i sent you 1k instantly when you messaged me.

I will insult you 1 million times because you have acted in a very childish manner.

You claim someone is owing you did you remind the person?

What is the matter of Stan paying me about?
Do you know why pickers pay handlers?
Why are you sharing my pickup location openly?

Agbaya ni e.
sotall:

By the way someone talks, you will know who is agbaya, foolish, untamed and other words you used in your statement.

I narrated everything that happened without insults.
So those words you used describes you.

Did you see the first screenshot?
My bank details have been there since Monday.
I told Stan to also tell you to refund my money.

I forgot 2k is small money to you. Please refund my money.

I have words to express your character but i wont go down that road with you.

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by sotall(m): 2:25pm On Jul 11, 2021
omotolsy:
You see i have even forgotten i sent you 1k instantly when you messaged me.

I will insult you 1 million times because you have acted in a very childish manner.

You claim someone is owing you did you remind the person?

What is the matter of Stan paying me about?
Do you know why pickers pay handlers?
Why are you sharing my pickup location openly?

Agbaya ni e.

I should remind you that you are owing me after blocking me?

Mr Blocker, should i remind you na from my money wey i pay them dey take pay you salary?

Check the text message chat and see if i didn't send a text message telling you to refund my money.

How am i supposed to pay you 1k for handling which Stan has denied knowledge of?

Na me and you get business?

15 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by omotolsy(m): 2:34pm On Jul 11, 2021
Your a big fool.
I am sure everyone knows you are one by now.
Your a bad person and people should avoid you like a plague.
Stan himself has sent you the 2k you want.
Coming to dispute thread because of 2k that is not an issue. No reminder nothing.

People send me millions every now and then and its your 2k that cant leave my account?

You this spoiler.
Agbaya jatijati.
sotall:

I should remind you that you are owing me after blocking me?

Mr Blocker, should i remind you na from my money wey i pay them dey take pay you salary?

Check the text message chat and see if i didn't send a text message telling you to refund my money.

How am i supposed to pay you 1k for handling which Stan has denied knowledge of?

Na me and you get business?

2 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by sotall(m): 2:39pm On Jul 11, 2021
omotolsy:
Your a big fool.

Stan should have a screenshot where he asked me to send account details.

Pls tell him to send you the screenshot

It seems he is still unaware of you arrogance and probably still naively afraid that he can get a thousand handlers that will respect his customers and not extort them.

6 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Yujiro: 2:41pm On Jul 11, 2021
Omotolsy and Sotall, you guys are respected members and notable sellers in the technology market, this is a dispute resolution thread and there should be no insults when laying your complain. Please try and sort things out or wait for the moderators and admin to handle it.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by princemillla(m): 2:43pm On Jul 11, 2021
Omo things Dey happen for DH people town.

Omotolsy pls send him his 1k. I know u better than being dragged 1k.

Subsequently ignore what comes after it
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by omotolsy(m): 2:44pm On Jul 11, 2021
You know me i dont insult people.

Opening mouth talking any how.

Yujiro:
Omotolsy and Sotall, you guys are respected members and notable sellers in the technology market, this is a dispute resolution thread and there should be no insults when laying your complain. Please try and sort things out or wait for the moderators and admin to handle it.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by omotolsy(m): 2:45pm On Jul 11, 2021
I told you your a spoiler lolzzz.

We know what you want to achieve.

Your just a hater.

sotall:

Stan should have a screenshot where he asked me to send account details.

Pls tell him to send you the screenshot

It seems he is still unaware of you arrogance and probably still naively afraid that he can get a thousand handlers that will respect his customers and not extort them.

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by sotall(m): 2:51pm On Jul 11, 2021
omotolsy:
I told you your a spoiler lolzzz.

We know what you want to achieve.

Your just a hater.

I wont insult you. Too big for your arrogance which is very strange of someone in business.

Stan reached out and has refunded me.

Like i said, Stan was to blame for giving my goods to you.
I wouldn't have had anything to do with your arrogance if he had been cautious.

7 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by psalmz(m): 2:58pm On Jul 11, 2021
omotolsy:

AGBAYA!

You think i would hold unto your 2k for pleasure or what? Bro your reaction is uncalled for ,least reply him first before saying all these ,it’s wrong ,dunno what must have transpired,but your first response is uncalled for,he didn’t insult u here

Opening your untamed mouth to say other irrelevant things aside what you want(posting pickup location, talking about who pays who or not). Your soo immature.

omotolsy:

AGBAYA!

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Mizik(m): 3:19pm On Jul 11, 2021
tongue
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by ikembz(m): 3:58pm On Jul 11, 2021
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by D4donnn: 4:03pm On Jul 11, 2021
Kinda convenient when people drop an issue in the thread and most deal hunters see it and chose not to comment or contribute to the resolution of the issue .

Anyways omotolsy if you've dealt with end users you'll know that sometimes the instant they hear item has arrived or available for pickup it's like all the patience they had prior just vanished to thin air . I understand this business is overwhelming but I don't think your actions are quite justified , apparently a lack of communication caused this and simply apologies would have nipped this issue at the bud.

The power he referenced is not something abstract ( whatever that word means , it just sounds nice in my head smiley ) but it's more like when most persons are entrusted with a certain duty or authority they unintentionally tend to either abuse it or not grasp the enormity of their responsibility and the adverse effects it could have on others .

Please y'all are notable persons in this group y'all should try to amicably resolve this issue quietly, and this name calling haba I didn't really expect this from you , you need to understand not every issue is as they appear there could be underlying issues , first I don't understand why you'll have to block him and make him go trough the steps of communicating by sms . Anyways I trust thr other chairmen will contribute so that this issue can be swiftly and amicably resolved.

About the 1k or 2k , it's not the money that is the issue but it's the surrounding circumstances . No one is happy when he feels unnecessarily stressed by another angry

10 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Auskyd(m): 4:41pm On Jul 11, 2021
See epistle because of 2k grin God, when I go drag person come this thread like this? Even if na 500 naira, I no mind
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by willbling(m): 5:32pm On Jul 11, 2021
Auskyd:
See epistle because of 2k grin God, when I go drag person come this thread like this? Even if na 500 naira, I no mind

Careful what you wish for. Cheers

9 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Jelvisco: 6:32pm On Jul 11, 2021
Auskyd:

undecided undecided
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Jelvisco: 6:37pm On Jul 11, 2021
D4donnn:
Kinda convenient when people drop an issue in the thread and most deal hunters see it and chose not to comment or contribute to the resolution of the issue .

Anyways omotolsy if you've dealt with end users you'll know that sometimes the instant they hear item has arrived or available for pickup it's like all the patience they had prior just vanished to thin air . I understand this business is overwhelming but I don't think your actions are quite justified , apparently a lack of communication caused this and simply apologies would have nipped this issue at the bud.

The power he referenced is not something abstract ( whatever that word means , it just sounds nice in my head smiley ) but it's more like when most persons are entrusted with a certain duty or authority they unintentionally tend to either abuse it or not grasp the enormity of their responsibility and the adverse effects it could have on others .

Please y'all are notable persons in this group y'all should try to amicably resolve this issue quietly, and this name calling haba I didn't really expect this from you , you need to understand not every issue is as they appear there could be underlying issues , first I don't understand why you'll have to block him and make him go trough the steps of communicating by sms . Anyways I trust thr other chairmen will contribute so that this issue can be swiftly and amicably resolved.

About the 1k or 2k , it's not the money that is the issue but it's the surrounding circumstances . No one is happy when he feels unnecessarily stressed by another angry
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Auskyd(m): 9:59pm On Jul 11, 2021
willbling:

Careful what you wish for. Cheers

If you no fit see say na lighthearted banter, I don't know what to tell you oh.

Cheers too.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by AquaSpunky(m): 6:02am On Jul 12, 2021
@omotolsy, you blocked someone who only contacts you when his items arrive because he was ranting, due to lack of communication (happens to most of us when buyers are on our necks or are left incommunicado) but expected him not to drag you for late refund. How hypocritical!
Both of you should find a common ground & quench this animus; business continues.

9 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by omotolsy(m): 7:24am On Jul 12, 2021
Being onse sided is hypocritical.
I do not need you to be on my side anyway.
When you communicate with me without manners i block(no time)(no pride)(no arrogance).

Find out, i have friends that i have opened my doors to, i met them on this same NAIRALAND(They are my friends because they are matured and well mannered.

Someone asked for a refund of N2000 once(business goes bad sometimes and one refunds), no reminder nothing.
The next thing his on dispute thread. Saying childish things and exposing my pickup address and you want me to blow cool.

If he had just said please tell Omotolsy to refund my N2000(lolzzzz N2k o), i can even apologise and clarify.
Apology is nothing to me i do that often.

The call was recorded for those who want to listen.
AquaSpunky:
@omotolsy, you blocked someone who only contacts you when his items arrive because he was ranting, due to lack of communication (happens to most of us when buyers are on our necks or are left incommunicado) but expected him not to drag you for late refund. How hypocritical!
Both of you should find a common ground & quench this animus; business continues.

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by AquaSpunky(m): 7:55am On Jul 12, 2021
Chief, you really need to calm down o.
No one is going to contact you, if their item isn’t with you.
Someone who handles people’s means of survival can’t be hot-blooded, as you are going to deal with different set of people.
Blocking clients who do business with the picker you work for? Nah, not acceptable.
If you think the job is below you, hire someone who can take the heat when customers aren’t satisfied.

omotolsy:
Being onse sided is hypocritical.
I do not need you to be on my side anyway.
When you communicate with me without manners i block(no time)(no pride)(no arrogance).

Find out, i have friends that i have opened my doors to, i met them on this same NAIRALAND(They are my friends because they are matured and well mannered.

Someone asked for a refund of N2000 once(business goes bad sometimes and one refunds), no reminder nothing.
The next thing his on dispute thread. Saying childish things and exposing my pickup address and you want me to blow cool.

If he had just said please tell Omotolsy to refund my N2000(lolzzzz N2k o), i can even apologise and clarify.
Apology is nothing to me i do that often.

The call was recorded for those who want to listen.

29 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by willbling(m): 8:21am On Jul 12, 2021
Auskyd:

If you no fit see say na lighthearted banter, I don't know what to tell you oh.

Cheers too.

No vex my chairman. lipsrsealed
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Gbolahan111: 8:27am On Jul 12, 2021
omotolsy:
Your a big fool.
Stan himself has sent you the 2k you want.
Coming to dispute thread because of 2k that is not an issue. No reminder nothing.

People send me millions every now and then and its your 2k that cant leave my account?

You this spoiler.
Agbaya jatijati.

As a respected DH, I actually do not expect you to rain insults on the fellow. From his narration, the trouble started when;

1. You did not update him regarding the dispatcher until he asked after 3PM.

2. For crying out loud, you did not even acknowledge the receipt of the payment made to you since 8AM as shown in the attached chat.

3. You still went ahead to block him via whatsapp.

Why won't the fellow be worried thereafter?

I will suggest you tender an apology, refund him and move on based on who you be.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (186) (Reply)

Pre-order your Technologies From USA and Canada Few days deliv / Romoss PeA60 60Kmah, Romoss Pea40 Pro 40kmah, Romoss Sense 8pf+ 30kmah, etc / Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.