Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] - Technology Market (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] (215805 Views)

Pickup Services(offerup,letgo Etc) In California(los Angeles) 2 DAYS SHIPPING !! / Kansas/Missouri State Pickup [Offerup,Craigslist,Letgo,5miles] / Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (186) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by uchihak(m): 10:36am On Nov 27, 2020
sheelay:

My opinion on the issue.

Hotdealz has no right whatsoever to disclose the actual amount of the item to buyer. You were contacted for the deal by a middle man, you should have directed all correspondence to him. That action of yours was borne out of greed and envy. I've had a deal with a middle man on here , and after he lowballed me, and I agreed to sell, his profit on each item when cash was sent to me by the actual buyer was more than mine for all 3 items. But I accepted that, even though it was painful and sent him his cut.
Going forward, Hotdealz should be prepared cos a lot of middlemen will be wary of doing business with him to forestall a repeat of this, cos the singular act of revealing actual price to seller is a very damaging action.

Secondly, your response when he asked for the cost of unlock was definitive, and that suggested that you've already asked from the person that'd unlock it. If you had given him a suggestive answer, you'd have been absolved you of any claims.

I think the solution is to refund part of the 20k to D4donxxx, and let him know the extent of damage you've done to his brand to the buyer, so he knows how to mitigate it.

Once again, this is my own opinion, and isn't binding on anyone.
seconded
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Ipsum: 10:44am On Nov 27, 2020
Elbreezy:
‌I purchased 4 pieces of hp elitebook laptops from hotdealz on the 31st of October. He clearly stated that the laptops were neat and of good condition. But when the laptops were delivered, they were not as he had described. Three out of the four laptops are rough and one was broken. He (hotdealz) claimed that the roughness was as a result of package issues during delivery and then refused to take responsibility for deceiving me with different images of the laptops. I tried to sell off the laptops but they are just too rough to sell.
‌All I want is for him to refund my money. I have proofs of the what he claimed that he sent and what was delivered. Please note that this isn't the first time that I'll be doing business with him.

The first two pictures are the pictures of what he sent
Last two are what I got
The pictures didn't load. Can you modify & reupload?
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Ipsum: 10:48am On Nov 27, 2020
hotdealz:
That man has issues with his waybill company not me.
Okay, the man has come out to explain & stand on his ground that the issue was from your end.

If indeed the issue was from his waybill company, we'll like you to explain how. Thanks

You should know a one-liner will not do it in this case.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by divo(m): 10:56am On Nov 27, 2020
sheelay:

My opinion on the issue.

Hotdealz has no right whatsoever to disclose the actual amount of the item to buyer. You were contacted for the deal by a middle man, you should have directed all correspondence to him. That action of yours was borne out of greed and envy. I've had a deal with a middle man on here , and after he lowballed me, and I agreed to sell, his profit on each item when cash was sent to me by the actual buyer was more than mine for all 3 items. But I accepted that, even though it was painful and sent him his cut.
Going forward, Hotdealz should be prepared cos a lot of middlemen will be wary of doing business with him to forestall a repeat of this, cos the singular act of revealing actual price to seller is a very damaging action.

Secondly, your response when he asked for the cost of unlock was definitive, and that suggested that you've already asked from the person that'd unlock it. If you had given him a suggestive answer, you'd have been absolved you of any claims.

I think the solution is to refund part of the 20k to D4donxxx, and let him know the extent of damage you've done to his brand to the buyer, so he knows how to mitigate it.

Once again, this is my own opinion, and isn't binding on anyone.
Honestly revealing actual cost and soiling his brand name is very bad. Doing business with him without escrow was simply out of trust.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by hotdealz(m): 10:57am On Nov 27, 2020
Kreamie:
Hotdealz

I am really sorry but that business already spoilt and the excess funds in question, went back to exactly where it came from because D4donnn did not carry me along properly and he was not straightforward.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by D4donxxx: 11:07am On Nov 27, 2020
hotdealz:
I am really sorry but that business already spoilt and the excess funds in question, went back to exactly where it came from because D4donnn did not carry me along properly. And he was not straightforward.

Mr I rarely tell sellers that I am adding something to the actual amount of any deal before transacting with them, and every single time they have given me my share and some have occasionally gifted me more even without me asking , why will your case be different, moreover you knew it was the profit I stood to gain that was why you were emphasizing it every given opportunity , that I stood to make 20k profit.

Another quesyion unrelated if I wasn't from nairaland is that how you would have easily ripped me off , you knew the 20k was my profit you emphasized it on the chat and
Even said that was why I didny do my due diligence because I was greedy . Now 10k you not fit provide , should I have written a formal letter explaining every nitty gritty or called a Lawyer to draft a legally binding contract because I wanna deal with you.

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Ipsum: 11:11am On Nov 27, 2020
D4donxxx:
Thanks a lot my bosses for your input , if he agrees to send me 10k I'll be fine with it

And also he should send me all the correspondence he had with the buyer a because that is very important to me , to know how best to resolve issues with him .

Thanks a lot for your input my bosses

Wildchild1
Shelay
Kreamie
Rakitibarca
Protein0
Donbigi2
Joeysage

Means a lot to me , whether he agrees or not , but as long as you guys have contributed means that at the very least you did the best you possibly could to mitigate my suffering.
Well, whatever you both agree to is fine. And I do not want to be seen as stoking the flames of a dying fire, but in my personal opinion, trying to soil a middleman's repute behind the scenes is a grave sin -- as heavy as Adam & Eve taking a bite from the forbidden fruit.

Inshort it is sacrilege if one even begins to consider the fact that alot of guys on here will not see food on thier table if every orginal deal owner starts pulling the stunt -- or should I say abomination -- hotdealz attempted.

As a result, I wholeheartedly believe the penance should match the gravity of the sin. Or try to.

He should pay in full. No room for compromise here considering the gravity of the stunt he pulled.

House, abi how una reason am?

7 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Rexraph18(m): 11:14am On Nov 27, 2020
hotdealz:
I am really sorry but that business already spoilt and the excess funds in question, went back to exactly where it came from because D4donnn did not carry me along properly and he was not straightforward.

Oga this thing you are saying is not making sense at all, for instance, I reached out to Macbeyland for a deal and when he directed me to his shop I couldn't go so I told my buyer to go to the shop, picked up the deal and paid the full amount into his account later he refunded me my mark up because there was a stated fee on the ad and I paid the full fee plus extra so the extra came back to me.

The thing is, a middleman can make any amount off a deal so long the buyer and seller doesn't feel shortchanged

3 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by hotdealz(m): 11:22am On Nov 27, 2020
D4donxxx:

Mr I rarely tell sellers that I am adding something to the actual amount of any deal before transacting with them, and every single time they have given me my share and some have occasionally gifted me more even without me asking , why will your case be different, moreover you knew it was the profit I stood to gain that was why you were emphasizing it every given opportunity , that I stood to make 20k profit.

Another quesyion unrelated if I wasn't from nairaland is that how you would have easily ripped me off , you knew the 20k was my profit you emphasized it on the chat and
Even said that was why I didny do my due diligence because I was greedy . Now 10k you not fit provide , should I have written a formal letter explaining every nitty gritty or called a Lawyer to draft a legally binding contract because I wanna deal with you.
I have also given every middle man that we're straightforward their share always AS AGREED. You are the first person that the business spoil.

You should know that I knew nothing about you then. How would I have been able to provide you if I had sent that excess fund to a different account? Even if the real sender provided an account and the name didn't tally with the name that sent the money, I wouldn't have returned the money there.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by D4donxxx: 11:22am On Nov 27, 2020
Rexraph18:

Oga this thing you are saying is not making sense at all, for instance, I reached out to Macbeyland for a deal and when he directed me to his shop I couldn't go so I told my buyer to go to the shop, picked up the deal and paid the full amount into his account later he refunded me my mark up because there was a stated fee on the ad and I paid the full fee plus extra so the extra came back to me.

The thing is, a middleman can make any amount off a deal so long the buyer and seller doesn't feel shortchanged

I even paid him his asking price o , and he cant say he wasn't aware of the fact that the excess was my profit. All he did was to avoid responsibility for his deception and he thought the best possible thing to do was to use the money I stood to gain as sacrificial lamb to appease the buyer .

This is a client that brings me deals almost every week , the truth is his actions is more damaging that what he perceives or he's aware of , I one just quiet , I can screenshot request for device that person has requested for every week for the past two months I even got him a 12 pro he received yesterday lekbel can testify to that and as I priced lekbel reach when he saw the extra he just smiled and said they you don see your profit now and he sent me my share without fuss . This is the first time I'm having such an issue with anyone here .
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by chukspd: 11:25am On Nov 27, 2020
hotdealz:

D4donnn should've carried me along properly. Also, I wasn't transacting with him knowing he's from nairaland because he didn't introduce himself from the beginning. I only knew later on but it was already late.

There is a lot to be deciphered from these

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Donbigi2(m): 11:31am On Nov 27, 2020
hotdealz:
So, what is your solution to this?

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by D4donxxx: 11:32am On Nov 27, 2020
hotdealz:
I have also given every middle man that we're straightforward their share always AS AGREED. You are the first person that the business spoil.

You should know that I knew nothing about you then. How would I have been able to provided you if I had sent that excess fund to a different account? Even if the real sender provided an account and the name didn't tally with the name that sent the money, I wouldn't have returned the money there.

I know you will most likely argue till eternity but your guilt and greed coupled with deception is evident for all to see , if I were to ask you , if I did same thing to you how will you feel . And you cant feign you didnt know I was selling it for a client because I stipulated it there in the chat . Abi if I dey resell I no suppose get profit ni , what were you expecting me to do again .even us picker when I they resell his tlc they credit me back my excess I'm quite confused.

We asked for refund you declined,
Initially told you to dash me 5k for my effort you said your price was fixed , now I add something for myself , you still seize that one.

Attached is a screenshot of where I told him I'm reselling the deal abi I suppose still specify say for "FOR PROFIT TOO " .

You no dash me anything I hustle something for myself you still use am cover for your mess , mehn you evil

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by sheelay(m): 11:45am On Nov 27, 2020
hotdealz:

What exactly is this your 'carry along'? Who negotiated this deal with you, and who sent you payment confirmation? You'd be justified if you refunded the whole sum paid to you , but you refunded part of it. It seems you did that as a vendetta, cos you know exactly what you're doing! You had an actual sum agreement with him, getting alert above that price should have told you that's his own cut, except you're being dishonest!

3 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by sheelay(m): 11:48am On Nov 27, 2020
Ipsum:

Well, whatever you both agree to is fine. And I do not want to be seen as stoking the flames of a dying fire, but in my personal opinion, trying to soil a middleman's repute behind the scenes is a grave sin -- as heavy as Adam & Eve taking a bite from the forbidden fruit.

Inshort it is sacrilege if one even begins to consider the fact that alot of guys on here will not see food on thier table if every orginal deal owner starts pulling the stunt -- or should I say abomination -- hotdealz attempted.

As a result, I wholeheartedly believe the penance should match the gravity of the sin. Or try to.

He should pay in full. No room for compromise here considering the gravity of the stunt he pulled.

House, abi how una reason am?

God bless you bro... I've never heard of this kind of sacrilege.. why would you soil another person's brand? Na wah o... I fear who no fear that guy abeg

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Jamesilvar(m): 11:50am On Nov 27, 2020
hotdealz:
When he first chatted me up, (I did not even know he was from nairaland) he asked me "What my IDEA of the price to unlock the device was" and I said 8k (the price someone told me at ikeja)

He didn't make me understand that I must unlock the device or must provide the person that will unlock it at that price before they started the installmental payment.

When the payment was completed, it was in excess of 20k and he immediately asked me how soon he can get the device. We started discussing delivery and time it would take to get to ajah and I already told my delivery guy to carry the phone along when he came to pickup another item he was to deliver elsewhere.

All this while, no discussion about unlocking which is proof that I never had any agreement with D4donnn that I must/will provide unlocking service. Cos immediately payment was complete, next discussion was delivery.

All of a sudden, D4donnn came up with unlocking and he asked me to contact my guy that unlocks (I never told him I have a guy that unlocks). but coincidentally, I have the contact of the person that told me 8k at ikeja. So I tried to reach him to no avail. So I told him I can't reach the contact I have. He bacame aggressive and it turned into serious argument and insults.

The buyer after receiving his phone started messaging me directly with threats and insult. He was so confident because according to him he has proof that he transferred money into my account.

At this point, I could no longer trust D4donnn for these reasons;

*I don't know who he was.

*The way he turned "my IDEA of the price to unlock the device" into "I must unlock the device".

*He allowed this buyer send money directly into my account (Thats why the buyer was so confident to attack me)

*He was not straight forward - At first, he made me understand the excess funds to be his profit but later said the excess funds was for the unlocking of the device and delivery.

So, If any money paid into my account must go out, it must go back into the account it came from. D4donnn did not send money to me, so I was not comfortable with sending money to him. He should have collected money from his buyer and send exactly my money to me.

Contacting the buyer is a birch move. Trying to pacify buyer with the middleman's 20k reeks of 2 deadly sins. O boi, you didn't just offend D4donn, you offended God and the conscience of every upright business man. Shame on you, a very awful thing you did.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by sheelay(m): 11:54am On Nov 27, 2020
Jamesilvar:

Contacting the buyer is a birch move. Trying to pacify buyer with the middleman's 20k reeks of 2 deadly sins. O boi, you didn't just offend D4donn, you offended God and the conscience of every upright business man. Shame on you, a very awful thing you did.

Bless you bro.... I've never experienced this before. It's an abomination.. he's aware of the far reaching implications, he just decided to do it anyways... Why on earth will you go and offer buyer money, and revealing how much middleman negotiated with you? It's preposterous, really!

9 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Kreamie(m): 11:55am On Nov 27, 2020
What does this even mean? undecided
hotdealz:

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Jamesilvar(m): 12:00pm On Nov 27, 2020
sheelay:

Bless you bro.... I've never experienced this before. It's an abomination.. he's aware of the far reaching implications, he just decided to do it anyways... Why on earth will you go and offer buyer money, and revealing how much middleman negotiated with you? It's preposterous, really!

Mehn, everyday, we wake up to new forms of evil o. I just dey pity the middleman in this. Now profit e no see, relationship and trust with client totally destroyed and any potential future business from that source killed even before conception. God dey

11 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by sheelay(m): 12:03pm On Nov 27, 2020
Jamesilvar:

Mehn, everyday, we wake up to new forms of evil o. I just dey pity the middleman in this. Now profit e no see, relationship and trust with client totally destroyed and any potential future business from that source killed even before conception. God dey
It's @bolded that I'm.even concerned about! It's pure evil. Chai

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by khalazi: 12:18pm On Nov 27, 2020
wildchild1:

In my own conclusion, i see you as a shady person that should not be trusted wholeheartedly and going by your antecedents, i vote that you're blacklisted for now, till you change your ways.
After reading all comments and listening to both sides, I'm in support of Wildchild1's position. Hotdealz action was totally dishonest and borne out of greed.

5 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by battousaiX(m): 12:29pm On Nov 27, 2020
Na wetin some guys dey do now o...dem go even block middleman join
Jamesilvar:

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by battousaiX(m): 12:30pm On Nov 27, 2020
RT
wildchild1:

In my own conclusion, i see you as a shady person that should not be trusted wholeheartedly and going by your antecedents, i vote that you're blacklisted for now, till you change your ways.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Kreamie(m): 12:37pm On Nov 27, 2020
Please send me a DM. Thank you.
D4donxxx:

I know you will most likely argue till eternity but your guilt and greed coupled with deception is evident for all to see , if I were to ask you , if I did same thing to you how will you feel . And you cant feign you didnt know I was selling it for a client because I stipulated it there in the chat . Abi if I dey resell I no suppose get profit ni , what were you expecting me to do again .even us picker when I they resell his tlc they credit me back my excess I'm quite confused.

We asked for refund you declined,
Initially told you to dash me 5k for my effort you said your price was fixed , now I add something for myself , you still seize that one.

Attached is a screenshot of where I told him I'm reselling the deal abi I suppose still specify say for "FOR PROFIT TOO " .

You no dash me anything I hustle something for myself you still use am cover for your mess , mehn you evil
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by D4donxxx: 12:38pm On Nov 27, 2020
Kreamie:
Please send me a DM. Thank you.

Ok boss
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Ilerioluwa02: 12:48pm On Nov 27, 2020
Jamesilvar:

What he did was a very shameful thing. A very bad move.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Nicerazor(m): 1:19pm On Nov 27, 2020
Good afternoon chief. Kreamie doesn’t take decisions by himself neither does he blacklist people randomly. The dispute resolution thread consists of top Nlanders of the technology market section. After decision is taking Kreamie carry out instructions only.
Back to your blacklist brouhaha, it is evident you are a troublemaker! Name calling/Labelling Kreamie or dragging him won’t make him remove the blacklist status. Why not thread softly and trust the process?

KulKid:
I'm sorry for your what happened sir, sincerely if we all fit come together as one dey do things here this whole community go dey move forward. I just no like when some people they prove smart and they are not. Imagine this Kreamie abi na saopy I go call am blacklisting me without even hearing my side of wetin happen and the maga dey tell you make you wait till hotdealz comes. I can as well tell you say hotdealz na kreamie bestie. E get people wen him like, na the reason dem first close down this thread, very baised way of leadership.

3 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by ACRI: 1:22pm On Nov 27, 2020
How can issues come from the waybill company pls? That is how one Mr. Six sold me a laptop with bad screen and when I got it and told him he said it’s from the waybill company

It is very irresponsible for someone to trust you with his hard earned money and you ll acting smart when you are not crazy. The battery was bad, charger was cellotaped, screen was bad but I still let it slide cos he is not worth the trouble, na God go judge bad people no be me.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Ipsum: 1:24pm On Nov 27, 2020
And while being born, raised & throughly rinsed in the starchy depths of Sapele water or River ethiope is absolutely no excuse to be uncouth, a peddler of false narratives & a proud agent of chaos --- given the fact some of us here were raised in even murkier waters ---- it should however still be looked into if the man from Delta state has fulfilled the 6months probation rule with no current pending transgressions & the appropriate measure taken in accordance with the agreement.

Same thing for Chisom.

Thanks to everyone collectively putting in the work, even with thier necks on the line, to make this a safe place. Three gbooosaaaa for una!! gbosa!! gboosa!! gbooooosaaaa!!!

Kreamie, Wildchild, etc
& everyone here..

3 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by mrklock(m): 1:38pm On Nov 27, 2020
KulKid:
You must be high, Donaltus and I had a deal and I am yet to paid for failed pickup, how is it your business. Mrklock ordered a laptop which I hunted for him only for him to reject it at dying minutes saying he is no longer interested in it. I felt very bad about everything and I told Donaltus the whole story and promised to pay him his failed pickup money if I don't get buyer for the item. Below is our chat , I have nothing to hide. We all dey get issues lowkey and handle it like matured people, wetin you dey try prove. I know people you were oweing at one point in time, no one blacklisted you for it. I just reached to Donaltus for his failed pickup money so I send him. And when I do I pray make u dare me just type kulkid for my matter, you won't believe how far one could go when being accused for what they didn't do.

The day I was about to make payment for a TLC deal you sent to me directly on what’s app, you said someone already paid half and he just completed but you have two other items that will be picked in the evening with same specs. And I said no problem after 2days I lost intrest little did I know you were hunting the deal. You got a lower specs pavilion for a higher price than the initial one u sent to my what’s app. I told you I can’t pay high for that item I replied within 1min but you went ahead and ask Donaltus to pick up, just maybe you can sell it off as TLC.
Say the story the way it is please

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Elbreezy(m): 1:58pm On Nov 27, 2020
Ipsum:

The pictures didn't load. Can you modify & reupload?

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Adinije(f): 2:07pm On Nov 27, 2020
@Hotdealz,
Going behind middleman to reveal the actual price of item to buyer is all shades of wrong. That alone should earn you a blacklist spot. If you are so pained by his profit, you could have asked him to use it 20k to unlock it instead of spoiling the relationship he have with his buyer.
Saying that he didn't inform you doesn't justify what you did.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (186) (Reply)

Pre-order your Technologies From USA and Canada Few days deliv / Romoss PeA60 60Kmah, Romoss Pea40 Pro 40kmah, Romoss Sense 8pf+ 30kmah, etc / Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.