Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,756 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech - Car Talk (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech (71856 Views)

Benz C300 Assessment & Review / Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / Adewale Auto Care And Diagnosis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 8:45pm On Apr 04, 2020
IghKes:

Gazuz please my gear box transmission fluid is short ,wen parked a sound keep cracking up from the gear box.i don't have much cash now.can I use mobile or total or oando transmission fluid ?.will get matic J or ns2 wen money comes.but pls any advice on a cheaper one
Before Gazuz comes. Kindly provide details of the vehicle in question. Model, year and make.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Waxxxy: 10:56pm On Apr 05, 2020
I didn't see any point that was cut or welded back.
Someone told me they use to break the catalyst inside the exhaust and remove it in pieces.
Am thinking of buying another catalyst here in Anambra but am scared of been dupe with fake catalyst

Can you see any points where it was cut and then welded back again?
PLS do not agree if your panelbeater says you can put wires inside. It's better there is nothing inside.
Also try if you can get O2 spacers. Rather than spend so much buying the exhaust cat, just attach the spacer and enjoy your motor [/quote]
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 3:01pm On Apr 06, 2020
Waxxxy:
I didn't see any point that was cut or welded back.
Someone told me they use to break the catalyst inside the exhaust and remove it in pieces.
Am thinking of buying another catalyst here in Anambra but am scared of been dupe with fake catalyst

Can you see any points where it was cut and then welded back again?
PLS do not agree if your panelbeater says you can put wires inside. It's better there is nothing inside.
Also try if you can get O2 spacers. Rather than spend so much buying the exhaust cat, just attach the spacer and enjoy your motor
If U can get one still in good condition, then no problem. Otherwise look tru youtube in how to use O2 spacers
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by ciggy000(m): 3:18pm On Apr 06, 2020
Dear AutoMo Tech
I drive a 2006 civic and usually the vehicle jerks when changing from gear one to two. Most recently I also had the D light blinking and the vehicle won't move when on D but moves on reverse. I got the car scanned and the error code it pulled was P0776 pressure control solenoid B performance or stuck off. I would like to understand the implication of this code and way out thanks
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 9:51pm On Apr 06, 2020
ciggy000:
Dear AutoMo Tech
I drive a 2006 civic and usually the vehicle jerks when changing from gear one to two. Most recently I also had the D light blinking and the vehicle won't move when on D but moves on reverse. I got the car scanned and the error code it pulled was P0776 pressure control solenoid B performance or stuck off. I would like to understand the implication of this code and way out thanks
Basically there is fault with your transmission. So for starters, check the basics.
It might be due to the following:
1. electrical fault. So check the wiring to your gear. Ensure there is no coroded wire or wateva. Check the connectors also. Also check the ground wiring.
2. Hydraulic: when last did you service your gear? If recently what oil did you use? If old, try drain and refill with the appropriate oil for Honda.
3. Do the following test. Rather than drive with D directly. Try driving with 1, 2, 3 etc, depending on what is available on your gear. Do this and revert.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by obaile: 12:55am On Apr 11, 2020
Hello AutoMo Tech and other gurus,
Please, I need your advice on Honda CR-V 2004, 2.4L engine and 4 cylinders (Nigeria used).
Please, how durable and rugged is it? What about it's fuel consumption?
I would appreciate your advice. Thanks.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 3:40pm On Apr 11, 2020
obaile:
Hello AutoMo Tech and other gurus,
Please, I need your advice on Honda CR-V 2004, 2.4L engine and 4 cylinders (Nigeria used).
Please, how durable and rugged is it? What about it's fuel consumption?
I would appreciate your advice. Thanks.
Personally o bros... My advice is the car is very good. Na your maintenance go determine how good it can get for you.
Fuel consumption is like dt of a 2.4 liter engine. So dont expect a corolla economy pls.
R u planning it for a daily driver/traveller?

1 Like

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by obaile: 4:51pm On Apr 11, 2020
AutoMoTech:

Personally o bros... My advice is the car is very good. Na your maintenance go determine how good it can get for you.
Fuel consumption is like dt of a 2.4 liter engine. So dont expect a corolla economy pls.
R u planning it for a daily driver/traveller?

Thanks sir.
It's for daily drive within the town (Akure) and traveling once in a while.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 8:30pm On Apr 11, 2020
obaile:

Thanks sir.
It's for daily drive within the town (Akure) and traveling once in a while.
U shouldn't have a problem in as much as you service it properly and as at when due.
Also be attentive when you drive. Once in a while sha...
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by obaile: 8:58pm On Apr 11, 2020
AutoMoTech:

U shouldn't have a problem in as much as you service it properly and as at when due.
Also be attentive when you drive. Once in a while sha...

Thank you, sir!
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 12:59pm On Apr 12, 2020
obaile:

Thank you, sir!
Welcome sir. Glad to be of help

1 Like

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by cr8t: 8:44pm On Apr 12, 2020
My car temperature raises above average when I am in traffic.please help o

Note: I already changed the radiator and the Mechanic said the fan is working well

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 9:00pm On Apr 12, 2020
cr8t:
My car temperature raises above average when I am in traffic.please help o

Note: I already changed the radiator and the Mechanic said the fan is working well

Under what loads?
AC on or off?
Whats the state of your cooling system?

However possible causes for higher temp on idle are;
1. Failing water pump, bearing or pulley
2. Collapsing hoses
3. Clogged/dirty condenser transfering heat to the radiator (only when AC is on)
4. Failed head gasket leaking hot combustion gases into the coolant channels

These among so many other things
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by mungus: 8:15am On Apr 14, 2020
Experts in house @ DECOtech, @ 9icetoo @ AutoJoshNIG @AutoMech @ Gazzuzz

Please can anyone help. I have a spider 07 xle with the following spec of tyre: 215 60 16 R.

But the underneath scratches the ground at some bad portion of my street due bad road and hilly terrain.

Pls if I change the tyre to 215 65 16R would that help to lift the car a bit high ?

Or pls advise on the best option to lift the car a bit high to avoid the underneath scratching the ground at some bad portion of road.
Thanks
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:38am On Apr 14, 2020
mungus:
Experts in house @ DECOtech, @ 9icetoo @ AutoJoshNIG @AutoMech @ Gazzuzz

Please can anyone help. I have a spider 07 xle with the following spec of tyre: 215 60 16 R.

But the underneath scratches the ground at some bad portion of my street due bad road and hilly terrain.

Pls if I change the tyre to 215 65 16R would that help to lift the car a bit high ?

Or pls advise on the best option to lift the car a bit high to avoid the underneath scratching the ground at some bad portion of road.
Thanks

Yes.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by mgdimagaladima(m): 9:19pm On Apr 14, 2020
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Nobody: 9:36pm On Apr 14, 2020
I just bought a 2008 Nissan quest and noticed the ignition light and some other light on the brake pedal is always ON after turning off the car,please help what do you think is the problem??.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by mgdimagaladima(m): 10:04pm On Apr 14, 2020
Pyrowmaster:
I just bought a 2008 Nissan quest and noticed the ignition light and some other light on the brake pedal is always ON after turning off the car,please help what do you think is the problem??.

call electrician
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Nobody: 10:19pm On Apr 14, 2020
mgdimagaladima:

call electrician
Lol, funny but am serious, it's not a joking matter.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 12:32pm On Apr 15, 2020
Pyrowmaster:
Hello sir.
Pls what do you mean by ignition light?
Also the light on brake pedal...do you mean the brake light?
Kindly respond with pictures preferably so we can understand you better and respond accordingly. Thanks
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 10:44am On Apr 25, 2020
Corona just make everywhere dry... Una good morning o
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by ayemonikao(m): 11:29pm On Apr 25, 2020
My Lr3 always vibrate on.motion when changing gear , then later I got a message of my screen written 'transmission fault , limited gear available' then later the gear selector got hooked to park . What should I do pls ?.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 10:03am On Apr 26, 2020
ayemonikao:
My Lr3 always vibrate on.motion when changing gear , then later I got a message of my screen written 'transmission fault , limited gear available' then later the gear selector got hooked to park . What should I do pls ?.
Since you got a transmission fault. That means your TCM has a stored fault.
Firs thing is to scan your transmission control module and every other module. Write down the fault codes and paste here. Let's start with that.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by adisaaowala: 4:52am On Apr 30, 2020
Hi guys...

I have the following issues on my accord 2008

1.Hard starting
2. Misfiring

Scanning the vehicle, I got the P0339 code (crankshaft sensor). I have changed this sensor twice and reset the ECU but after a while, the code comes back.

Occasionally, the vehicle fails to start until I erase codes (that still come back).

My rewire is saying that the brain box has issues.

What are your thoughts guys...
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by MGDIMA4: 10:17am On Apr 30, 2020
Ok
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 7:24pm On Apr 30, 2020
adisaaowala:
Hi guys...

I have the following issues on my accord 2008

1.Hard starting
2. Misfiring

Scanning the vehicle, I got the P0339 code (crankshaft sensor). I have changed this sensor twice and reset the ECU but after a while, the code comes back.

Occasionally, the vehicle fails to start until I erase codes (that still come back).

My rewire is saying that the brain box has issues.

What are your thoughts guys...
1. Kindly confirm your location
2. Is that the only code stored?
3. How long does it take for the code to come back?
4. Before the code comes back, does the engine run smooth without any problems?

From my little research the problem seems t be intermittent. Meaning it doesn't occur Everytime.
This might be an electrical fault on the CKP circuit. And since you say you have changed the sensor twice (assuming the sensors you got were good ones), we can then rule out bad sensor fault .
I will recommend you check the wiring of the CKP from the sensor to the PCM. If the wiring is good, then you can proceed to checking the PCM.
However being an intermittent fault, my money us on a wire problem. Most likely making partial contact at certain times and then causing the misfire and hard starting.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by autologic: 9:02pm On Apr 30, 2020
AutoMoTech:

1. Kindly confirm your location
2. Is that the only code stored?
3. How long does it take for the code to come back?
4. Before the code comes back, does the engine run smooth without any problems?

From my little research the problem seems t be intermittent. Meaning it doesn't occur Everytime.
This might be an electrical fault on the CKP circuit. And since you say you have changed the sensor twice (assuming the sensors you got were good ones), we can then rule out bad sensor fault .
I will recommend you check the wiring of the CKP from the sensor to the PCM. If the wiring is good, then you can proceed to checking the PCM.
However being an intermittent fault, my money us on a wire problem. Most likely making partial contact at certain times and then causing the misfire and hard starting.
Scope Diagnosis to the rescue .
Scope Diagnosis will bring to light all the flaws that is supposedly intermittent
Nothing beat the adage that states that a picture is worth a thousand words.

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by adejide2: 12:11am On May 01, 2020
My Toyota Highlander v6 2004 misfire when driving. I scanned it to know the problem. These codes p0031(heater control circuit low bank1 sensor 1 ), pending p0016 and p0018 (crankshaft/camshaft position correlation bank1&2 sensor A), p0660(intake manifold turning valve control circuit/open bank 1&2) and undefined code p1660 only came out.
Can any of these results to the car misfiring? Can it be transmission problem?
What do you think I should do to resolve the situation?
Please I need your intervention urgently. Thanks.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 10:13am On May 01, 2020
adejide2:
My Toyota Highlander v6 2004 misfire when driving. I scanned it to know the problem. These codes p0031(heater control circuit low bank1 sensor 1 ), pending p0016 and p0018 (crankshaft/camshaft position correlation bank1&2 sensor A), p0660(intake manifold turning valve control circuit/open bank 1&2) and undefined code p1660 only came out.
Can any of these results to the car misfiring? Can it be transmission problem?
What do you think I should do to resolve the situation?
Please I need your intervention urgently. Thanks.
The main cause of your misfire is the P0016 & P0018.
You need to diagnose the cause of the non- correlation of both sensors. Focusing on the VVT system wc consists of the brainbox, the Oil control valve and VVT controller.
Possible causes of these codes:
1. Stretched chain/timing belt jumped tooth
2. Faulty sensor/ sensor wiring
3. Faulty computer (rarely)
4. Weak Oil Control Valve
5. Bad VVT controller.

These are among other things.
So carefully diagnose each of these one after the other and rule the out.

And NO IT IS NOT A TRANSMISSION PROBLEM.

1 Like

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by paking(m): 10:49am On May 01, 2020
Good day sir, I'm having issues with my Nissan Altima 2002 transmission (auto transmission). After moving for like 15 minutes the gear will stop selecting. If I park and switch off the engine and wait for like one hour and start the car the gear will select and work perfectly for like 15 minutes and will stop selecting. My mechanic doesn't really know what is wrong with the gear. He brought one gear mechanic, the gear mechanic couldn't pinpoint what is wrong with the gear.

But one thing I noticed is that I started having this problem after changing the engine. I wasn't having this problem with the former engine. The former engine was smoking that's why I changed it. The gear was brought down, washed thoroughly and serviced when the engine was changed. Since then I have been having this problem of the gear not selecting after working for like 15 minutes

I'll be glad if you can tell me what is wrong and way out!

Thanks
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 11:06am On May 01, 2020
paking:
Good day sir, I'm having issues with my Nissan Altima 2002 transmission (auto transmission). After moving for like 15 minutes the gear will stop selecting. If I park and switch off the engine and wait for like one hour and start the car the gear will select and work perfectly for like 15 minutes and will stop selecting. My mechanic doesn't really know what is wrong with the gear. He brought one gear mechanic, the gear mechanic couldn't pinpoint what is wrong with the gear.

But one thing I noticed is that I started having this problem after changing the engine. I wasn't having this problem with the former engine. The former engine was smoking that's why I changed it. The gear was brought down, washed thoroughly and serviced when the engine was changed. Since then I have been having this problem of the gear not selecting after working for like 15 minutes

I'll be glad if you can tell me what is wrong and way out!

Thanks
Kindly explain in detail what exactly was done.
Was it just d outside that was washed or the interior also?
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by paking(m): 11:30am On May 01, 2020
AutoMoTech:

Kindly explain in detail what exactly was done.
Was it just d outside that was washed or the interior also?

The oil was drained completely. The gear was washed inside and outside using a brush. It was mounted back and gear oil replaced.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (38) (Reply)

You Can Produce Lubricants, Printing Inks, Auto Car Paints Etc In Nigeria / Fatal Accident Along Asaba Airport Road, Entire Family Dead... Graphic Photos / N240m Bentley Bentayga Mansory Spotted In Lagos (Photos & Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.