Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,871 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech - Car Talk (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech (71988 Views)

Benz C300 Assessment & Review / Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / Adewale Auto Care And Diagnosis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 11:10am On Aug 15, 2020
spencekat:
Thanks!
You're welcome
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 11:11am On Aug 15, 2020
Ambalicious:
My 2007 Toyota Camry vibrates when I start it. And d check engine light blinks too.
Vibration and blinking check engine points to a misfiring engine
You need to find out the cause of misfire.
Ot could be mechanical, fuel related, air related, vacuum leak, ignition related.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Jaguarspaw: 8:57pm On Aug 15, 2020
Good day house

Whenever I start my car and shift my gear to drive, I do experience delayed gear shifting, especially the low gears. Engine keeps revving but the car does not accelerate appropriately.

Please what could be the cause.
Camry 2001, auto.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by mabeni(m): 11:00pm On Aug 15, 2020
Good Evening everyone. My Toyota corolla 2003 starts and revv well in park but start stalling when put on drive.
What could be the problem?
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by martyns200(m): 9:03am On Aug 17, 2020
Good morning, I jus changed my radiator from single to a new double cell due to leakage from the single cell radiator.
Thermostat is still intact and single fan inclusive(not connected directly) After driving the car on Saturday, Sunday morning I checked the water level in the radiator and saw the water is low, so I opened the coolant plastic and saw that the water there has overfilled more than the FULL level its meant to attain, which means that the excess of the water in the coolant plastic is meant to go back into the radiator when engine is cool and it didn't. Does that mean the car would likely overheat. Would love to hear your advise pls....When I called the mech, he said I would need to remove thermostat and connect far directly which am against.The car is a year old and it's a corolla 05 model..would love your inputs so as to take necessary precaution against the unforseen.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Mottomata(m): 2:39pm On Aug 24, 2020
martyns200:
Good morning, I jus changed my radiator from single to a new double cell due to leakage from the single cell radiator.
Thermostat is still intact and single fan inclusive(not connected directly) After driving the car on Saturday, Sunday morning I checked the water level in the radiator and saw the water is low, so I opened the coolant plastic and saw that the water there has overfilled more than the FULL level its meant to attain, which means that the excess of the water in the coolant plastic is meant to go back into the radiator when engine is cool and it didn't. Does that mean the car would likely overheat. Would love to hear your advise pls....When I called the mech, he said I would need to remove thermostat and connect far directly which am against.The car is a year old and it's a corolla 05 model..would love your inputs so as to take necessary precaution against the unforseen.

Please do not allow any mechanic remove your thermostat and wire fan directly.

I'll suggest you drive the car and observe the temperature gauge and coolant level in the reservoir. Then let's have the results.

From experience, it will take your car longer time to reach optimal working temperature because of the increased size of your radiator
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by martyns200(m): 12:28am On Aug 25, 2020
Mottomata:

I'll suggest you drive the car and observe the temperature gauge and coolant level in the reservoir. Then let's have the results.

From experience, it will take your car longer time to reach optimal working temperature because of the increased size of your radiator

You are very much correct. After the first day which I noticed that which made me put up this write up, the radiator later began working perfectly as it should. Thanks for ur advice, I appreciate
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 5:49am On Aug 25, 2020
Jaguarspaw:
Good day house

Whenever I start my car and shift my gear to drive, I do experience delayed gear shifting, especially the low gears. Engine keeps revving but the car does not accelerate appropriately.

Please what could be the cause.
Camry 2001, auto.
Sorry for the late reply.
Have you been able to get it fixed? Otherwise check your transmission fluid. If low top it up and monitor the performance.
Scan to see if there is any related error code stored in thr ECU.
You can also do a simple visual inspection of the wires & connectors go to the transmission.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 5:52am On Aug 25, 2020
mabeni:
Good Evening everyone. My Toyota corolla 2003 starts and revv well in park but start stalling when put on drive.
What could be the problem?

Dirty throttle body could be the cause.
Basically what happens is the engine power at that time is not enough to compensate for the additional load.
Check for dirty air filter, dirty throttle body, clogged injectors, check fuel pump pressure, check the coils and plugs are in good condition.

If any of the above is not as it should kindly do the needful.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 5:53am On Aug 25, 2020
Mottomata:

Thumbs up
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 5:55am On Aug 25, 2020
martyns200:

You are very much correct. After the first day which I noticed that which made me put up this write up, the radiator later began working perfectly as it should. Thanks for ur advice, I appreciate

However please continue to monitor the coolant level. Like you stated, the coolant is supposed to go back to the radiator. But if otherwise, a faulty radiator cap could cause it.
So just get it checked. If found faulty pls replace.

2 Likes

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by nonhuman(m): 9:20am On Aug 25, 2020
I was noticing overheat on my Civic yesterday whenever I put on the AC, but this morning I had to tighten the wire plug on the alternator and the movement seems to be normal now and the picture below is the dashboard, I want to know if it's still overheating

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by nonhuman(m): 9:25am On Aug 25, 2020
Is radiator electrically powered
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 11:01am On Aug 25, 2020
nonhuman:
Is radiator electrically powered

I would advice you continually monitor the engine coolant temperature guage.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Mottomata(m): 2:16pm On Aug 25, 2020
martyns200:

You're welcome

1 Like

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 1:48pm On Aug 26, 2020
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by nonhuman(m): 7:17pm On Aug 26, 2020
Please help my Honda Civic is not idling, it increases acceleration on its own without my input, please help breaking finds it dificult to catch
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by olaboyeh(m): 7:42pm On Aug 26, 2020
Pls help...i need a very good key programmer please..they said my car entered code... it's blinking key light and refuses to start or goes off immediately it starts....

Honda civic 2007
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 7:43pm On Aug 26, 2020
nonhuman:
Please help my Honda Civic is not idling, it increases acceleration on its own without my input, please help breaking finds it dificult to catch
Are there 2 issues here? Pls explain the issues much more clearly so I can assist.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by nonhuman(m): 10:10pm On Aug 26, 2020
Yes first issue is the overheat second issue it's that car does not idle, it keeps reving high on park as if I am firing it even on acceleration it it speeds on its own without my control
AutoMoTech:

Are there 2 issues here? Pls explain the issues much more clearly so I can assist.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 9:08am On Aug 27, 2020
nonhuman:
Yes first issue is the overheat second issue it's that car does not idle, it keeps reving high on park as if I am firing it even on acceleration it it speeds on its own without my control
For the high revving...
If you can get a scan tool, check the Throttle position sensor value. Is it higher than it should?
Also check for vacuum leaks. A high vacuum leak would make the idle go very high.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 9:11am On Aug 27, 2020
olaboyeh:
Pls help...i need a very good key programmer please..they said my car entered code... it's blinking key light and refuses to start or goes off immediately it starts....

Honda civic 2007
Where is your location?
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by olaboyeh(m): 9:17am On Aug 27, 2020
AutoMoTech:

Where is your location?

Surulere
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 9:40am On Aug 27, 2020
olaboyeh:

Surulere
i stay in Surulere. I can help you fix it. however have you scanned it?
to know what codes are stored in the security/immobilizer module.
also kindly provide more info on recent repairs or issues you have had recently.

1 Like

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 12:49pm On Aug 27, 2020
flootintin:
Is there any specific reagents for carbon cleansing? I have cold start misfire on Passat 2008 Fsi and no dtc. All literature points to carbon buildups in the intake manifold valves.

Yes there are. But most of them don't give good enough result. You can check online tho
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Imabong80(f): 6:29pm On Aug 27, 2020
Please what's the cause of a 2012 Hyundai accent with automatic gear having the following issues:

It has a slow acceleration. Some times when I have to go over a speed bump, the car appears not to have enough drive power except I move back and go over with some speed.

Secondly it jerks when I am switching gears
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 11:18pm On Aug 27, 2020
Many things could cause this
1. Restricted fuel supply
2. Restricted air supply
3. Faulty air metering i.e. MAF, MAP etc

Its difficult to point you in the direction of what's faulty without diagnosis which would inclade scanning and carrying out some tests
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by olaboyeh(m): 11:41pm On Aug 27, 2020
olaboyeh:

Honda civic 2007

Special thanks to Automotech
He has fixed the issue.. apparently the key needs reprogramming...
Removing the battery terminal with a key made the immobiliser not recognise the car...thanks to everyone for your input

1 Like

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 6:44am On Aug 28, 2020
olaboyeh:

Special thanks to Automotech
He has fixed the issue.. apparently the key needs reprogramming...
Removing the battery terminal with a key made the immobiliser not recognise the car...thanks to everyone for your input

Very welcome sir...

1 Like

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 6:44am On Aug 28, 2020
Imabong80:
Please what's the cause of a 2012 Hyundai accent with automatic gear having the following issues:

It has a slow acceleration. Some times when I have to go over a speed bump, the car appears not to have enough drive power except I move back and go over with some speed.

Secondly it jerks when I am switching gears
Many things could cause this
1. Restricted fuel supply
2. Restricted air supply
3. Faulty air metering i.e. MAF, MAP etc

Its difficult to point you in the direction of what's faulty without diagnosis which would inclade scanning and carrying out some tests
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by ocdeut(m): 8:39am On Aug 28, 2020
AutoMoTech:
undecided winkThe aim of this thread is simple and that is to help resolve whatever electrical and engine performance issues you are currently experiencing with your car. Pls note that the idea is to help guide efficient diagnosis remotely so as to guide you in the fix wherever you are. In light of this no man is an island so I will be glad if other experienced techs, DIYers can help weigh in to advice and help provide solutions to issues tabled on this thread.

So pls if you have any questions or queries about your vehicle kindly drop them here lets help you resolve them together.
Pls while doing so kindly state details of the car in question like make, model, engine size etc. As this will help in more efficient remote diagnosis. Also state clearly the symptoms observed and if you have scanned pls provide DTCs.

Alright lets get those cars fixed grin grin grin

Please what is the cause of my Toyota Avalon showing headlight levelling signal and vehicle stability signal (VSC) on my dash board anytime the ignition is ON?

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (38) (Reply)

Fatal Accident Along Asaba Airport Road, Entire Family Dead... Graphic Photos / N240m Bentley Bentayga Mansory Spotted In Lagos (Photos & Video) / You Can Produce Lubricants, Printing Inks, Auto Car Paints Etc In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.