Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,373 members, 7,861,024 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:19 PM

Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 - Investment (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 (79797 Views)

How To Be Rich In Nigeria / Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time / Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RoughCut(m): 3:00pm On Oct 10, 2007
Some figures for CI Leasing

2nd Quarter PAT(31 July 2007)=N176M

Outstanding # shares          =1.6B

Forward EPS (annualized)
for YEnd Jan 31 2008           =44k

Forward PE  for YEnd
Jan 31 2008                         =11

This is looking great at the moment and i'm assuming they will grow their PAT for YEnd Jan 2008 even better than the annualized rate i have used in the computation

I think this is one to watch solid fundamentals and good business strategy and expansion plans and guess what? it's the only one in it's sector that's listed
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 3:20pm On Oct 10, 2007
N176M was for 6 months! not just the 2nd Q! The EPS is 22k!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RoughCut(m): 3:29pm On Oct 10, 2007
easimoni:

N176M was for 6 months! not just the 2nd Q! The EPS is 22k!

So that gives us forward PE of 22 and assuming the figures are conservative this is still good going forward
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RoughCut(m): 3:36pm On Oct 10, 2007
@easimoni

PAT for YEnd Jan 2006 for CI Leasing was N99M so they are already about 250% up on last year's figures
This company is rocking!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Geees: 7:47pm On Oct 10, 2007
yodiyokun:

N25 is very good - that represents 50% increase. I think the 18 months time frame is because of the illiquidity of the stock. If they do bonus , it should help the liquidity.

Whether bonus or not NGC is doing well and that quietly they dont have the usual hype.
I found them out of research and was glad when i saw the hidden arm - the oil servicing coy attached.
So 25 naira is a possibility,
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by VIPICO(m): 9:30pm On Oct 10, 2007
Easimoni, access has stopped gaining 5% and its even dipping o

What say thou?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by kingzy(m): 11:52pm On Oct 10, 2007
@wanajo,Esimoni,Temmio10 and other gurus,
I have 500k to put in one stock that has 50% potential gain in 6months. Plz what do u recommend. Consider WEMA,Transexpress,etc
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RoughCut(m): 7:47am On Oct 12, 2007
I have had a look at some figures for Cutix Plc and it looks like its one of those stocks that have sadly slipped or is it escaped our attention

Outstanding # Shares=264.1M

PAT YEnd Apr 30 2006=N54M

PAT YEnd Apr 30 2007=N121.7M

Representing an increase of  125%

Trailing EPS= 46K and

Trailing PE Ratio at the current offer price of N23.15= 50 which looks expensive now.

This was a stock that was trading @ N5 as at  May 2007 so it has  appreciated a whopping 363% within a space of about 6 months and i'm not aware of any share reconstruction 

At the current offer price it might be  an expensive gamble to enter so another one bites the dust and slipped through my claws
chei!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by sbm4real(m): 9:45am On Oct 12, 2007
Hello Guys,

I want to invest 50k in stocks that will bring 100% returns in six months. What do you think? Likewise, I need you to recommend to me a very good and honest stockbroking firm that I can use.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by husu(m): 4:08pm On Oct 12, 2007
Pls i opened an account with amyn investment(NSE building) lagos. they said i cannot very my certificates until six months after my registration ,is it like that in other places!.can somebody help!!!!!!!.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Temmie10(m): 9:16pm On Oct 12, 2007
enurayce:

@ Easimoni and Wanajo,thanks 4 your response

Easimoni,temmie 10,wanajo and @ All
which 5 stocks below N4 will u reccomend for an immediate buy.Please all reply before i make any decison

which 5 stocks below N4 will u reccomend for an immediate buy.Please all reply before i make any decison

Go get yourself Mutual Benefits.
You might have to wait 4-6 months but u'd be delighted you did.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by DisGuy: 11:33pm On Oct 12, 2007
husu:

Please i opened an account with amyn investment(NSE building) lagos. they said i cannot very my certificates until six months after my registration ,is it like that in other places!.can somebody help!!!!!!!.

did you buy from I/PO?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by otokx(m): 8:48am On Oct 14, 2007
6 months looks fishy long.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by egoldman(m): 9:51am On Oct 14, 2007
6 months to verify share certificate ? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by frankiriri(m): 12:18pm On Oct 14, 2007
husu:

Please i opened an account with amyn investment(NSE building) lagos. they said i cannot very my certificates until six months after my registration ,is it like that in other places!.can somebody help!!!!!!!.
I dont think his position is correct oh. I want to assume that there is a misunderstnding somewhere. With most brokers you can even use shares in certificate form to meet the minimum opening acount balance. I know that registrars at times take months to verify certificates but it is an anomaly. It usually should not exceed two weeks to a month. Six months tey oh
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by egoldman(m): 12:33pm On Oct 14, 2007
Oga Frank how you dey ? longest time oooh grin grin grin
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by husu(m): 10:32am On Oct 15, 2007
I want to verify share certificates.they said i should wait for six months after registration.pls is it a new law or is it applicable to other brokers.The verification takes 2 weeks but they said i should wait for six months b/4 i can bring my certificates for verification. pls respond!!.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by egoldman(m): 10:44am On Oct 15, 2007
husu:

I want to verify share certificates.they said i should wait for six months after registration.please is it a new law or is it applicable to other brokers.The verification takes 2 weeks but they said i should wait for six months b/4 i can bring my certificates for verification. please respond!!.

I thought you question has been answered earlier .
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RoughCut(m): 1:42pm On Oct 15, 2007
For those with vested interest in WEMA bank pls read
http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20071015691751

Why dont i feel rest assured in spite of the assurances by the Director of Corporate Commiunications that investors will not be disappointed?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by frankiriri(m): 6:35pm On Oct 15, 2007
egoldman:

Oga Frank how you dey ? longest time oooh grin grin grin
I dey fine oh. I have been around sha
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Panadol(m): 6:44pm On Oct 15, 2007
@All

What are you getting for the Price/Earnings To Growth (PEG Ratio) and The price/cash flow (P/CF) ratios for JAPAUL OIL.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Iwerebor(m): 5:59pm On Oct 16, 2007
[center]Hello everyone.
Is there an explanation for Lasaco having a very high EPS and a low PE?
Anyone know of a good source for EPS data. NSE website seems off duty today.
Other sources I have seen so far seem to conflict.
Please some one help me with the current EPS of Lasaco and NEM insurance and confirm to me whether both are the highest in the Insurance sector. Thanks.
[/center]
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by shigidi(m): 6:04pm On Oct 16, 2007
Iwerebor:

[center]Hello everyone.
Is there an explanation for Lasaco having a very high EPS and a low PE?
Anyone know of a good source for EPS data. NSE website seems off duty today.
Other sources I have seen so far seem to conflict.
Please some one help me with the current EPS of Lasaco and NEM insurance and confirm to me whether both are the highest in the Insurance sector. Thanks.
[/center]
lasaco are yet to list 6 billion shares from the po done earlier, if you factor that in the eps is 15k, so it should be fair at 3 naira.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by ManJiro(m): 12:06pm On Oct 17, 2007
Una Well done o.

For those wanting to buy Japaul PO, there is a form in Future View website that allows you to put your CSCS number. I believe one would have access to his allocated shares faster this way than using the other form (the one in Japaul website that does not have space for CSCS).

Does anybody know why NEM share price has being failling?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by ceceters: 1:08pm On Oct 17, 2007
Hello all,
Pls i need a good stockbroking firm recommended for me. I want to start investing in shares(especially trading on the floor). I reside in PH and want to start with Between N50K - N100k.

Thanks.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by walcolm(m): 4:43pm On Oct 17, 2007
ceceters:

Hello all,
Please i need a good stockbroking firm recommended for me. I want to start investing in shares(especially trading on the floor). I reside in PH and want to start with Between N50K - N100k.

Thanks.

try lead capital at these addys

E-mail: customerservice@leadcapitalng.com
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Success77: 9:59pm On Oct 17, 2007
Man Jiro:

Una Well done o.

For those wanting to buy Japaul PO, there is a form in Future View website that allows you to put your CSCS number. I believe one would have access to his allocated shares faster this way than using the other form (the one in Japaul website that does not have space for CSCS).

Can you (or someone else) please post the URL to the page on Furture View website that has JaPaul IPO AppForm with CSCS Number? I have searched their web site (http://www.futureview.com.ng/) to no avail. All the forms I have do not have space for CSCS#, and I would really love to use one with space for CSCS#. Many thanks in advance.

@ Wanajo, Temmie, Shigidi, Mr-Risky, Easimoni, Frankiriri, etc
Thank you for your selfless work on this thread. May God bless you all.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by ManJiro(m): 10:33pm On Oct 17, 2007
@ success 77

Click on the Japaul Icon in future view website: this downloads the full prospectus. The form is the second to last page in the prospectus. The form is on Vetiva too.

Cheers
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Nobody: 10:49pm On Oct 17, 2007
@ Man Jiro

Nem has been falling becuase the rights issue last year at 55k has just been alloted and the merger with vigilante insurance has brought in additional shares which makes it shares outstanding to 6.4 billion.
funny, I have NEM units in 7 digits and have set a price limit at N2.00 to acquire additional shares to reduce my overall cost of holding it.
NEM should be a 2 to 3 year investment.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by rasputinn(m): 8:19am On Oct 18, 2007
Man Jiro,Rough cut, shigidi, easimoni, aylala & all I hail oooooooo.
What is happening to insurance stocks,is it advisable to nuy now that they are falling?Is that sector stable yet?How d'you guys c UBA,there results look impressive,the thing just dey disco me,so I be wan put some pepper for like 4 months,but I no know how the levels go be
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by rasputinn(m): 8:19am On Oct 18, 2007
Man Jiro,Rough cut, shigidi, easimoni, aylala & all I hail oooooooo.
What is happening to insurance stocks,is it advisable to buy now that they are falling?Is that sector stable yet?How d'you guys c UBA,there results look impressive,the thing just dey disco me,so I be wan put some pepper for like 4 months,but I no know how the levels go be
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by REZIGIRL(f): 10:47am On Oct 18, 2007
ceceters:

Hello all,
Please i need a good stockbroking firm recommended for me. I want to start investing in shares(especially trading on the floor). I reside in PH and want to start with Between N50K - N100k.

Thanks.

Ceceters, u can try Cashcraft Asset Mgt. They're @ Ecobank Building (3rd Floor) along Aba Road, by CFC bus stop just b4 park.
I'll advise u go there personally and make enquiries. Based on ur findings u make a decision. Although I use them, my a/c officer has been a friend b4 now so don't really have much problem with him. Just take ur time. Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (46) (Reply)

"Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money / Crowdfunding Investment Platforms And Options (non Agritech Categories) / CBN Warns Nigerians Against “MMM”, Calls It Wonder Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.