Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

For Guys Who Are 35yrs And Above And Are Not Married - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For Guys Who Are 35yrs And Above And Are Not Married (4058 Views)

Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? / If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? / Life At 30 When You're Not Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Guys Who Are 35yrs And Above And Are Not Married by Dereformer(m): 3:48pm On Oct 05, 2010
I created this thread out of the quest to know why a guy will remain unmarried even at the age of 35yrs.

I am currently doing a research on this.
Re: For Guys Who Are 35yrs And Above And Are Not Married by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 05, 2010
Re: For Guys Who Are 35yrs And Above And Are Not Married by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 05, 2010
Chaircover, I will help you with more

Could be gay, and gay marriage is not allow where he lives

Does not believe in marriage

Is too afraid of commitment

Some of them are too scared of marriage (cos they have seen others bad experiences)

Some man are just too irresponsible and marriage come with responsibilities

And so on,
Re: For Guys Who Are 35yrs And Above And Are Not Married by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 05, 2010

1 Like

Re: For Guys Who Are 35yrs And Above And Are Not Married by bawomolo(m): 6:06pm On Oct 05, 2010
he is gay cheesy

doesn't value a piece of paper.

he is an introvert who can't see himself getting married.

isn't phased by societal expectations on marriage.

happy now?
Re: For Guys Who Are 35yrs And Above And Are Not Married by Dereformer(m): 6:09pm On Oct 05, 2010
Thanks a lot chaircover and rokiatu. But u forgot one important factor that is  common particularly for those of us from the eastern part of Nigeria; that is HIGH BRIDE PRICE. Pls keep the reasons coming in.
Re: For Guys Who Are 35yrs And Above And Are Not Married by ikamefa(f): 6:12pm On Oct 05, 2010
@ topiic

he's pastor hasn' t given him the green light to marry

he still an ardent night crawler , i  mean a shayo-master marrige now would just put a stop to his funn

he could be an unadulterated bum @ 35
Re: For Guys Who Are 35yrs And Above And Are Not Married by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 05, 2010
Re: For Guys Who Are 35yrs And Above And Are Not Married by Nobody: 6:29pm On Oct 05, 2010
Dereformer:

u forgot one important factor that is common particularly for those of us from the eastern part of Nigeria; that is HIGH BRIDE PRICE. Pls keep the reasons coming in.
LoL i forgot that. That is def a big big problem for some men grin
Re: For Guys Who Are 35yrs And Above And Are Not Married by Dereformer(m): 6:38pm On Oct 05, 2010
Marriage in Igboland where i come from is Hell for the man. except if u are rich or your family is rich.

A man in igboland is expected to have a house b/4 getting married.

You should be able meet at least 80% of the outrageous list that will be handed to u.

The situation is really bad. Our parents are not helping matters. This is why it is common to see ladies 35yrs & above not married b/c of high priced tag on them.
Re: For Guys Who Are 35yrs And Above And Are Not Married by kokoye(m): 9:48pm On Oct 05, 2010
^^^ So the payments around there are indirectly encouraging the kidnappings going on. angry
Re: For Guys Who Are 35yrs And Above And Are Not Married by Nobody: 7:14am On Oct 06, 2010
what about the SIMPLE reason that these men are true to themselves thus not wanting to enter into a union where they have to give up their freedom to do WHAT they want, WHEN they want, HOWEVER they want it.

or better yet, these guys live happily as a family (with or without children) and do not need to get married to understand what they've got.

1 Like

Re: For Guys Who Are 35yrs And Above And Are Not Married by ifyalways(f): 9:04am On Oct 06, 2010
Dereformer:

Marriage in Igboland where i come from is Hell for the man. except if u are rich or your family is rich.

A man in igboland is expected to have a house b/4 getting married.

You should be able meet at least 80% of the outrageous list that will be handed to u.

The situation is really bad. Our parents are not helping matters. This is why it is common to see ladies 35yrs & above not married b/c of high priced tag on them.

Oga are u talking abt ur village or the whole Igboland?
Last i checked,Okada men,cobblers and even roadside tailors that are Igbos[b]do[/b] marry.
Which part of Igboland are u from undecided
Re: For Guys Who Are 35yrs And Above And Are Not Married by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 06, 2010
My dad never collected bride price from his son inlaws. When he was getting married to my mum, my mum's dad did same, my grand pa refused to take a dime but asked and begged my father to take care of his daughter for him as that is all he wants.

My dad took that up and has never collected one kobo from inlaws. All he asks is for the son inlaws to take care of his daughters.

God knows if my dad took em brideprice he would have been an extrememly rich man with all the daughters wey him born full house grin grin grin embarassed
Re: For Guys Who Are 35yrs And Above And Are Not Married by Dereformer(m): 12:37pm On Oct 06, 2010
@ifyalways,

There is a big difference btw impregnating a girl and u are forced to marry her( here conditions are relaxed, sometimes, you are even paid to marry her) and meeting a girl and marrying her the way she ought to be married. The former is where your okada people and wheel barrow pushers fall into.

Do you know that u can never marry a girl (assuming u did not impregnate her) comfortably with N700,000.00 in Owerri and Mbaise. Not to talk of NNewi.

Please keep flowing.
Re: For Guys Who Are 35yrs And Above And Are Not Married by Godalone(m): 12:47pm On Oct 06, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

what about the SIMPLE reason that these men are true to themselves thus not wanting to enter into a union where they have to give up their freedom to do WHAT they want, WHEN they want, HOWEVER they want it.

or better yet, these guys live happily as a family (with or without children) and do not need to get married to understand what they've got.
You are right man,exactly what a friend told me. He is well over 45 now.
Re: For Guys Who Are 35yrs And Above And Are Not Married by yvyy(f): 4:57pm On Oct 06, 2010
THOSE GUYS 35YRS AND ABOVE

they should stop complaining abt ibo bridde price
the only ibo w high bride price is d place  am from OWERRI.
its pretty high,the sucked my hubby dry ,infact d list is outrageous.

bt thats not a good reason nt to marry,they shld look else where that is cheap like enugu girl r d cheapest with 15k u r done w d list grin

then ebonyi state is almost free, abia isnt bad and ofcourse anambra isnt bad too.
they could also look into delta state they r nt expensive
so to you all  old bachys pls go and marry and stop lookin at trivial issues. hahahahahahahagrin grin grin
Re: For Guys Who Are 35yrs And Above And Are Not Married by ikamefa(f): 5:07pm On Oct 06, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

erhmm je ne comprend pas? undecided live happily as a family with who? their cats and dogs? undecided
Re: For Guys Who Are 35yrs And Above And Are Not Married by luap: 6:19pm On Oct 06, 2010
Marriage can be to much of a liability. Men in their 30's are already accomplished. I remarried in my 40's. I was extremely selective. My wife had to have her act and life together. She is a career woman and no babies. So cool.
Re: For Guys Who Are 35yrs And Above And Are Not Married by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 06, 2010
luap:

Marriage can be to much of a liability. Men in their 30's are already accomplished. I remarried in my 40's. I was extremely selective. My wife had to have her act and life together. She is a career woman and no babies. So cool.
Is that by choice?
Re: For Guys Who Are 35yrs And Above And Are Not Married by luap: 6:24pm On Oct 06, 2010
^^^Yes by choice, Not saying women with children are not desirable. It is about balance, and at an older age, I am ready to enjoy myself, get it, SELF.
Re: For Guys Who Are 35yrs And Above And Are Not Married by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 06, 2010
Re: For Guys Who Are 35yrs And Above And Are Not Married by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 06, 2010
luap:

^^^Yes by choice, Not saying women with children are not desirable. It is about balance, and at an older age, I am ready to enjoy myself, get it, SELF.
Wow that is truly a rarity. I do not want to go into your personal affair/life but one last question, do you have children from your previous marriage?
or you just do not believe in having kids?

@poster, I guess your research has gotten more interesting grin
Re: For Guys Who Are 35yrs And Above And Are Not Married by Pennywise(m): 6:49pm On Oct 06, 2010
yvyy:

THOSE GUYS 35YRS AND ABOVE

they should stop complaining abt ibo bridde price
the only ibo w high bride price is d place  am from OWERRI.
its pretty high,the sucked my hubby dry ,infact d list is outrageous.

bt thats not a good reason nt to marry,they shld look else where that is cheap like enugu girl r d cheapest with 15k u r done w d list grin

then ebonyi state is almost free, abia isnt bad and ofcourse anambra isnt bad too.
they could also look into delta state they r nt expensive
so to you all  old bachys pls go and marry and stop lookin at trivial issues. hahahahahahahagrin grin grin

Damn and to think Enugu and indigenous Nsukka have the finest girls of them all!

Well being 35 male and not married is a very common thing in the east. In many other parts of the country most men of that age have stopped having kids. Sometimes its not just the financial capacity, but the perception that any man below 40 is still underaged for marriage!

Why will Chibuzor at just 36 be contemplating marriage when his 39yr old brother isnt married? So for the most part it is socio-cultural. Unfortunately, the ladies are getting old too and they have their biological clock to contend with unlike the men.

The situation right now is that men from other tribes are invading Igboland to take their most beautiful and their brightest rosebud queens while the men wait to come of age.
Re: For Guys Who Are 35yrs And Above And Are Not Married by Fhemmmy: 8:59pm On Oct 06, 2010
Why are you people being mean . . . . . .
Could be cos they are busy making money
Re: For Guys Who Are 35yrs And Above And Are Not Married by invisible2(m): 9:34pm On Oct 06, 2010
Have you heard of tototasters? Guys who believe every chic in the street should be investigated, to know how her 'kini' look and feel?
Re: For Guys Who Are 35yrs And Above And Are Not Married by luap: 10:41pm On Oct 06, 2010
@rokiatu,  do you have children from your previous marriage?
or you just do not believe in having kids?

Yes, kids are grown.  Last one is 17.  As I said, I would not have remarried if my wife wanted to have kids.  I do not want to do that again.  My wife is very rare.  Most women I met want children.  I have male friends in the 35-40 year old range.  They are single, and do not want children. 

My brother has no children.  When he was younger he wanted a son, but at mid to late 30's he did not want children.  He is single.

I think at the 30's people are just at a different point in their lives.  Even married men, once the hit the 30's, they are not to keen on having children.
Re: For Guys Who Are 35yrs And Above And Are Not Married by r231(m): 10:58pm On Oct 06, 2010
Fhemmmy:

yup cheesy grin
Re: For Guys Who Are 35yrs And Above And Are Not Married by invisible2(m): 11:27pm On Oct 06, 2010
Fhemmmy:

What is the meaning of money, if there is no partner to enjoy it with.
What is the joy of order if there is no chaos.
Re: For Guys Who Are 35yrs And Above And Are Not Married by Nobody: 8:23am On Oct 07, 2010
ikamefa:

erhmm je ne comprend pas? undecided live happily as a family with who? their cats and dogs? undecided

c'est très facile à comprendre, tu n'as pas besoin d'être marié pour avoir une famille!!!!!

the age old misconception that you need to get married to someone to have a family.
many people today live happily together, have children and ARE NOT MARRIED, dont you think they have a family?!
or is family only about marriage in your part of town?
Re: For Guys Who Are 35yrs And Above And Are Not Married by Dereformer(m): 8:49am On Oct 07, 2010
thanks to you all. Expect a 306-Page book titled "Unmarried at 35, reasons and what to do" coming out soon.
Re: For Guys Who Are 35yrs And Above And Are Not Married by Nobody: 9:18am On Oct 07, 2010
^^^^^ so you actually believe there is something wrong with an unmarried 35yr old man?! and that there is a "cure" for it?! care to give us YOUR view?

(1) (2) (Reply)

My 2month-old Baby Fed Baby Food Without My Consent! / I Don't Last Long In Bed. Never Reach Round 3 Before. / He Wants To Sleep With My Wife!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.