Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

UPDATED: Please Nairalanders, I humbly solicit for your help ! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / UPDATED: Please Nairalanders, I humbly solicit for your help ! (5319 Views)

Madu Anthonia Obianuju Nonuplets: Nairalanders, I Need Help To Confirm This / Please I Need Advice Nairalanders... I Just Discovered I'm Pregnant. / I Humbly Need Help Please FAM! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

UPDATED: Please Nairalanders, I humbly solicit for your help ! by Caleb0011: 12:23pm On Jun 21, 2019
Good day wonderful people of Nairaland. My name is Osas.

Sequel to my former thread where I solicited for financial help to cover some cost relating to my studies. Then, I had just completed the visa application .

But now, my visa has been approved and have also collected my passport .....

My story goes thus: I have been awarded a full ride scholarship to a university in the US. I was also awarded a scholarship and selected for a competitive three-week summer program ( like an internship) at Google this summer( program begins mid-July) .

Please, I'm soliciting for the help of well meaning Nigerians and Nairalanders for a little financial assistance.
As at now, I don't really have a funding source for my travel cost to the US and some other mandatory fees my university scholarship doesn't cover. It all totals about to a million naira.

Please, I'm pleading for your assistance in every little way you can, in terms of grants or loans.

Please, if you are in a position to help or know anyone/organisation willing to help and you need any proof about all I have written, kindly click on my profile link nairaland.com/Caleb0011 , then on 'Send an Email Message to Caleb0011' to pm me.

Please as you help me in conquering the last hurdle of this life-changing process, may all your aspirations and expectations be met and fulfilled.

Thanks for reading through and your assistance in anticipation.

As advised by @elektra , some documents to prove the scholarship has been attached.

Thanks

UPDATE

A wonderful and generous Nairalander has paid for my flight ticket .

I have also source for funds around and have been able to pay for the matriculation fee.

The last payment , is the health insurance plan.

In the last picture attached,my scholarship covers all from the "full tuition" down to the "recurring fees".

As I said, I have paid for the

"matriculation fees ($435)".

The last outstanding payment is ($1296).

Thanks @baby124 for your effort in pushing this thread to the front page. I really appreciate.

Please, I'm still soliciting for your help please. If you can assist me , I will be forever grateful.

Re: UPDATED: Please Nairalanders, I humbly solicit for your help ! by Caleb0011: 1:39pm On Jun 21, 2019
LuciferTasbih:

Helping you means we will be aiding you advance above us.

Rubbish!

What makes you think you are so special?
Do you think we are stupid? You tink say you get sense pass us abi?

You must miss out on that scholarship & remain here with us.

*spits angry
Wait, what's all this
I'll just ignore ...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: UPDATED: Please Nairalanders, I humbly solicit for your help ! by elektra(f): 2:32pm On Jun 21, 2019
You are going to need to post more than just words.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UPDATED: Please Nairalanders, I humbly solicit for your help ! by Caleb0011: 3:34pm On Jun 21, 2019
elektra:
You are going to need to post more than just words.

I do understand that. But I'm trying not to put things kinda confidential on the net.

Please if you read through my post and feel there is any way you can assist , please send me a pm and I shall send you any supporting document you request for .

Thanks ...

1 Like

Re: UPDATED: Please Nairalanders, I humbly solicit for your help ! by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jun 21, 2019
1,000,000 naira is abt $3000 USD. Not a lot of money but to come dash stranger, kinda

You've gotten a full ride scholarship and another scholarship. You're merely looking for strangers to pay your way here, to fund all your costs altogether.

Try these. Get a loan from a bank in Nigeria or beg your family members or relatives pitch in to help. When you get here and make money, you can send them back the money gradually.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UPDATED: Please Nairalanders, I humbly solicit for your help ! by Caleb0011: 9:10pm On Jun 21, 2019
runwaymodel:
1,000,000 naira is abt $3000 USD. Not a lot of money but to come dash stranger, kinda

You've gotten a full ride scholarship and another scholarship. You're merely looking for strangers to pay your way here, to fund all your costs altogether.

Try these. Get a loan from a bank in Nigeria or beg your family members or relatives pitch in to help. When you get here and make money, you can send them back the money gradually.

Thanks for your time and advice . The money is for travel cost, insurance ( health) program and another fee the scholarship doesn't cover.

I've approached some bodies in the Nigeria that helps with educational loans but it has all been really tasking and at the end abortive.

Thanks once again...
Re: UPDATED: Please Nairalanders, I humbly solicit for your help ! by Caleb0011: 11:42am On Jun 27, 2019
Please, I still need your assistance.
Re: UPDATED: Please Nairalanders, I humbly solicit for your help ! by ifyalways(f): 9:21pm On Jun 27, 2019
When did you go for interview cos i remember you were yet to book appointment as at may ending?

Which kind of School or Scholarship requires health insurance

5 Likes

Re: UPDATED: Please Nairalanders, I humbly solicit for your help ! by elektra(f): 9:23pm On Jun 27, 2019
ifyalways:
When did you go for interview cos i remember you were yet to book appointment as at may ending?

Which kind of School or Scholarship requires health insurance kwa

All schools in the US require health insurance for international students.
Re: UPDATED: Please Nairalanders, I humbly solicit for your help ! by ifyalways(f): 9:47pm On Jun 27, 2019
elektra:

All schools in the US require health insurance for international students.
Okay. Thank yo
Re: UPDATED: Please Nairalanders, I humbly solicit for your help ! by RSVP: 9:54pm On Jun 27, 2019
Dey almost do us strong thing for dis section yesterday.

I don't kwn if anyone would like to help u but my eye dey shuk dis time.. Sorry.

Kosi shi shi sad

1 Like

Re: UPDATED: Please Nairalanders, I humbly solicit for your help ! by ifyalways(f): 11:20pm On Jun 27, 2019
@OP, where are your parents and relatives?

What were your plans when you set out to study in US when you dont have no means of raising 1M ?

5 Likes

Re: UPDATED: Please Nairalanders, I humbly solicit for your help ! by Iogobenz(m): 11:38pm On Jun 27, 2019
ifyalways:
@OP, where are your parents and relatives?

What were your plans when you set out to study in US when you dont have no means of raising 1M ?

ndi God will provide

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UPDATED: Please Nairalanders, I humbly solicit for your help ! by ifyalways(f): 11:43pm On Jun 27, 2019
Iogobenz:
ndi God will provide
He will need a miracle if Nld is his only hope.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: UPDATED: Please Nairalanders, I humbly solicit for your help ! by Iogobenz(m): 11:48pm On Jun 27, 2019
ifyalways:

He will need a miracle if Nld is his only hope.
my advise be say make e go find person weh get money weh dey look for means for e pikin to travel.
Propose the deal to him/her as tag along(kid goes as wife,brother,etc...)
Else e don be for am grin
I don't know when people will realise that genuine help does not exist!
And I also hate beggars undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UPDATED: Please Nairalanders, I humbly solicit for your help ! by Goalnaldo(m): 11:53pm On Jun 27, 2019
If to say hungerbad still dey alive maybe him for help. Death why?? embarassed

3 Likes

Re: UPDATED: Please Nairalanders, I humbly solicit for your help ! by Iogobenz(m): 11:57pm On Jun 27, 2019
Goalnaldo:
If to say hungerbad still dey alive maybe him for help. Death why?? embarassed
when he needed all the money he could get to keep him alive in an American hospital,where the hell was NL?
He bleeped up!
Only a dummy gives money to strangers.
Call me whatever you like,I don't mind.
I'm a capitalist,I must reap from where I make investment.no freebies!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: UPDATED: Please Nairalanders, I humbly solicit for your help ! by pocohantas(f): 12:27am On Jun 28, 2019
Iogobenz:
when he needed all the money he could get to keep him alive in an American hospital,where the hell was NL?
He bleeped up!
Only a dummy gives money to strangers.
Call me whatever you like,I don't mind.
I'm a capitalist,I must reap from where I make investment.no freebies!

Who told you he died due to lack of funds?

14 Likes

Re: UPDATED: Please Nairalanders, I humbly solicit for your help ! by Iogobenz(m): 12:38am On Jun 28, 2019
pocohantas:

Who told you he died due to lack of funds?
I know because i am not dumb!
Do you know what it costs to be on life support in an American hospital?
The military that he was in does not expend that much cash on ailing soldiers!
They just write you a cheque and bid you farewell!
You then start thinking;
Oh do I sell off my house?
Where will my kids be?
Do I use their trust fund?
Oh well,why don't I just sacrifice and die so they get my insurance money?
People don't just die like that you hear,money(reality) kicks in and necessary sacrifices are made!
You can go and question people close to him and if funds weren't an issue,I'll be damned.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UPDATED: Please Nairalanders, I humbly solicit for your help ! by baby124: 1:09am On Jun 28, 2019
Iogobenz:
You then start thinking;
Where will my kids be?
People don't just die like that you hear,money(reality) kicks in and necessary sacrifices are made!
You can go and question people close to him and if funds weren't an issue,I'll be damned.
Not possible for military in US. They take very good care of them. Any veteran you see suffering probably has mental problem and cannot be contained. They even have nice pensions when retired. The only issue is probability if seeing war is very high

12 Likes

Re: UPDATED: Please Nairalanders, I humbly solicit for your help ! by baby124: 1:10am On Jun 28, 2019
OP,
You are a very funny guy. You have a full ride scholarship and you need help. Please post the details of your scholarship here for us to see.

4 Likes

Re: UPDATED: Please Nairalanders, I humbly solicit for your help ! by Iogobenz(m): 7:05am On Jun 28, 2019
baby124:

Not possible for military in US. They take very good care of them. Any veteran you see suffering probably has mental problem and cannot be contained. They even have nice pensions when retired. The only issue is probability if seeing war is very high
which country's military do you think I was talking about?
Now if you get blown or hit in the battlefield as a US soldier,then you've got yourself covered for Sure,not for terminal illnesses.
This is fact!You can go do your research on that please.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: UPDATED: Please Nairalanders, I humbly solicit for your help ! by ifyalways(f): 7:54am On Jun 28, 2019
Logobenz, i beg you, kill this argument. No be everything eye see , e dey talk.

@Topic, how did u get bank statement that you presented at the embassy? Im just trying to wrap my head around you having an F1 visa in your hand yet having a tough time to raise less than 1M

3 Likes

Re: UPDATED: Please Nairalanders, I humbly solicit for your help ! by Iogobenz(m): 7:57am On Jun 28, 2019
ifyalways:

@Topic, how did u get bank statement that you presented at the embassy? Im just trying to wrap my head around you having an F1 visa in your hand yet having a tough time to raise less than 1M
ah mummy.
Good morning.
I just wanted to school some people a little who think life is some Cinderella story.
Re: UPDATED: Please Nairalanders, I humbly solicit for your help ! by pocohantas(f): 9:17am On Jun 28, 2019
ifyalways:

It is tiring...
Re: UPDATED: Please Nairalanders, I humbly solicit for your help ! by Iogobenz(m): 9:30am On Jun 28, 2019
pocohantas:

You will be fine.
what makes you think I am not fine when I am in my best moment? undecided
Very off assumption if you ask me.
If you want to debate or counter a discourse,come with facts so you don't run with your tail between your legs when the volume gets turned up,ok?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UPDATED: Please Nairalanders, I humbly solicit for your help ! by Iogobenz(m): 9:37am On Jun 28, 2019
pocohantas:

It is tiring...
tiring to whom?
Re: UPDATED: Please Nairalanders, I humbly solicit for your help ! by pocohantas(f): 9:40am On Jun 28, 2019
Iogobenz:
what makes you think I am not fine when I am in my best moment? undecided
Very off assumption if you ask me.
If you want to debate or counter a discourse,come with facts so you don't run with your tail between your legs when the volume gets turned up,ok?

Okay...

3 Likes

Re: UPDATED: Please Nairalanders, I humbly solicit for your help ! by Iogobenz(m): 9:45am On Jun 28, 2019
pocohantas:

Okay...
I'm glad you took the advice smiley
At least I will see less of baseless assumptions from you henceforth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UPDATED: Please Nairalanders, I humbly solicit for your help ! by pocohantas(f): 9:46am On Jun 28, 2019
Iogobenz:
I'm glad you took the advice smiley
At least I will see less of baseless assumptions from you henceforth.

Okay...

6 Likes

Re: UPDATED: Please Nairalanders, I humbly solicit for your help ! by engrelvis(m): 9:56am On Jun 28, 2019
Iogobenz:
You then start thinking;
Where will my kids be?
what is one saying? Do you think America treat their soldiers d way Nigeria do? Except maybe there r other things concerning hungerbad death.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Am I About To Make A Wrong Marital Choice / How Did U Tell Ur Parents You Were Getting Married? / Father Impregnates His 16-year Old Daugther.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.