Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

I Need A Certified, Professional Marriage Counsellor For My Parent - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need A Certified, Professional Marriage Counsellor For My Parent (1092 Views)

Please I Need A Professional Marriage Counselor In Owerri / Work Advice Needed For My Parent. / My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A Certified, Professional Marriage Counsellor For My Parent by Metooreal: 11:55pm On Jun 21, 2019
Hi,

I tried getting some contacts of good marriage counsellors but unfortunately I do not know of any certified one.

Can anyone help? My parent are no longer together and the children are divided. Pastors have tried and it has failed. I need professional marriage counsellors please. It's shameful to me, my friends and inlaws who know them to be together can't hear they are no more together. All of the children are adults, but I can say we are enemies of ourselves because of the foundation. We can't continue this way, I want peace in my family.

All I need is link to their website and I do a background check on them. Don't drop anyone's phone line as it wi be a total waste of your mb, time and a pure indication you don't read the full text of my message.

I need few meaningful inputs on getting the best marriage counsellors.

Note: preferred age of the counsellor should be between 50 - 60, must be married with his wife, ready to travel down to my parent state of residence. Must own a car with a driver. Respected and vocal.

Thanks
Re: I Need A Certified, Professional Marriage Counsellor For My Parent by baby124: 1:38am On Jun 22, 2019
https://www.olcang.com/

As for all this one that the person will go and meet your parents. You must be joking. If they are serious about getting help for their issues. They will commit to meeting a marriage counselor. The link above fulfills most of your requirements. Goodluck to your parents.

4 Likes

Re: I Need A Certified, Professional Marriage Counsellor For My Parent by spongeisback: 2:05am On Jun 22, 2019
Metooreal:
Hi,

I tried getting some contacts of good marriage counsellors but unfortunately I do not know of any certified one.

Can anyone help? My parent are no longer together and the children are divided. Pastors have tried and it has failed. I need professional marriage counsellors please. It's shameful to me, my friends and inlaws who know them to be together can't hear they are no more together. All of the children are adults, but I can say we are enemies of ourselves because of the foundation. We can't continue this way, I want peace in my family.

All I need is link to their website and I do a background check on them. Don't drop anyone's phone line as it wi be a total waste of your mb, time and a pure indication you don't read the full text of my message.

Note: preferred age of the counsellor should be between 50 - 60, must be married with his wife, ready to travel down to my parent state of residence. Must own a car with a driver. Respected and vocal.

Thanks

What does the bolded text have to do with this?

6 Likes

Re: I Need A Certified, Professional Marriage Counsellor For My Parent by Ikpeazukerosene: 3:15am On Jun 22, 2019
Metooreal:
Hi,

Thanks

Which kind impossible conditions are these for a marriage counsellor? And your tone is somehow for someone seeking help. You don't want numbers of Counsellors dropped. Okay na.

Kuku come out straight and say you don't want them back together.

6 Likes

Re: I Need A Certified, Professional Marriage Counsellor For My Parent by elektra(f): 5:45am On Jun 22, 2019
Metooreal:

Thanks

Why don’t you get a car and driver for your parents? You are likely to pass up a good counselor due to your highly specific conditions

1 Like

Re: I Need A Certified, Professional Marriage Counsellor For My Parent by Pavore9: 6:26am On Jun 22, 2019
Metooreal:
Hi,

Thanks

Effective therapy is client-centred, your parents must have to leave their comfort zones and go meet the counsellor, not the other way round! Should the counsellor have to travel to go meet your parents, you have given your parents the power over the marriage therapist and would remain dug in, in their trenches.

Leaving whatever you are doing to go see a therapist in his/her office, is the first indication that you desire a change from whatever you are going through.

People go for therapy, therapy don't go to them. Even Jay-Z and Beyonce had to go for therapy for their marriage, they didn't fly in a therapist.

The marriage counselor ethically is not supposed to be in the room with his wife while in session with clients, it erodes privacy.

I suggest your parents get individual sessions at the initial stage because there are likely some thoughts, words and emotions they would be more comfortable to express in the absence of each other before they can have sessions together as a couple with the therapist.

12 Likes

Re: I Need A Certified, Professional Marriage Counsellor For My Parent by Metooreal: 1:14pm On Jun 22, 2019
Why do you have issues with my conditions?

I know the parent I have so I need someone who is successful in his or her carrier. Only a professional who is old enough can handle their case. My parent own cars so i did not post for the counsellor to have a car because my parent don't have any.

They are well to do and I want someone who is qualified to sit them down and they can respect such a person.

I used to know some who meet my conditions but back then i see no reason for one so i didnt keep their contacts.
Re: I Need A Certified, Professional Marriage Counsellor For My Parent by Metooreal: 1:19pm On Jun 22, 2019
Pavore9:

Effective therapy is client-centred, your parents must have to leave their comfort zones and go meet the counsellor, not the other way round! Should the counsellor have to travel to go meet your parents, you have given your parents the power over the marriage therapist and would remain dug in, in their trenches.

Leaving whatever you are doing to go see a therapist in his/her office, is the first indication that you desire a change from whatever you are going through.

People go for therapy, therapy don't go to them. Even Jay-Z and Beyonce had to go for therapy for their marriage, they didn't fly in a therapist.

The marriage counselor ethically is not supposed to be in the room with his wife while in session with clients, it erodes privacy.

I suggest your parents get individual sessions at the initial stage because there are likely some thoughts, words and emotions they would be more comfortable to express in the absence of each other before they can have sessions together as a couple with the therapist.

I'm ready to pay for a client going. Reason why I'll need one in Lagos. I know some counsellors travel to clients locations. I want to actually contract the counsellors anonymously, i don't want my parent to know it's me. Counsellors too will know i don't want my parent n sibling know I got him or her involved.

My parent wont honour invitation to leave their base, they wont am certain.

Thanks, I really appreciate your contribution. They have vowed not to come back together. And it's shameful to me. Some of my siblings aren't helping matters. But i know once my parent solve their isssues, the rest will fall in place.
Re: I Need A Certified, Professional Marriage Counsellor For My Parent by Pavore9: 1:33pm On Jun 22, 2019
Metooreal:

I'm ready to pay for a client going. Reason why I'll need one in Lagos. I know some counsellors travel to clients locations. I want to actually contract the counsellors anonymously, i don't want my parent to know it's me. Counsellors too will know i don't want my parent n sibling know I got him or her involved.

My parent wont honour invitation to leave their base, they wont am certain.

Thanks, I really appreciate your contribution. They have vowed not to come back together. And it's shameful to me. Some of my siblings aren't helping matters. But i know once my parent solve their isssues, the rest will fall in place.

You know your parents better but do you think they are open to therapy as consent is key in developing a therapeutic relationship with the counsellor, also do have in mind that reconciliation is not the only outcome of marriage therapy because at times marriage therapy helps couples see clearer that they have no business continuing the marriage.

Look for a MFT (Marriage and Family Therapist) because it is not only about your parents because to work towards resolution you and your siblings will have to be involved thus the family therapy component.

1 Like

Re: I Need A Certified, Professional Marriage Counsellor For My Parent by Metooreal: 1:44pm On Jun 22, 2019
Pavore9:

You know your parents better but do you think they are open to therapy as consent is key in developing a therapeutic relationship with the counsellor, also do have in mind that reconciliation is not the only outcome of marriage therapy because at times marriage therapy helps couples see clearer that they have no business continuing the marriage.

Look for a MFT (Marriage and Family Therapist) because it is not only about your parents because to work towards resolution you and your siblings will have to be involved thus the family therapy component.

Thanks.

If i get the right person, I think his/her first role will be to seek their consent.
Re: I Need A Certified, Professional Marriage Counsellor For My Parent by Pavore9: 1:51pm On Jun 22, 2019
Metooreal:

Thanks.

If i get the right person, I think his/her first role will be to seek their consent.

You are welcome.

Wish you the best.
Re: I Need A Certified, Professional Marriage Counsellor For My Parent by nanaman(m): 6:08pm On Jun 22, 2019
Metooreal:
Why do you have issues with my conditions?

I know the parent I have so I need someone who is successful in his or her carrier. Only a professional who is old enough can handle their case. My parent own cars so i did not post for the counsellor to have a car because my parent don't have any.

They are well to do and I want someone who is qualified to sit them down and they can respect such a person.

I used to know some who meet my conditions but back then i see no reason for one so i didnt keep their contacts.

Forget it Oga. If your parents are Dangote or Adenuga, they are not too big to attend couselling sessions. You don't even have to explain further, your family EGO is so drenched in you that you feel no one is better off. If either of your parents feel they need to reconcile, they will approach a social worker or counselor, but if none of them see it as an option, the marriage is over.

My advise for the children is, drop your egocentric attitude for your lineage. It will help your unborn children.

Who does that, giving conditions to your helper.

1 Like

Re: I Need A Certified, Professional Marriage Counsellor For My Parent by Nikkygold4life(f): 8:15pm On Jun 22, 2019
Search for this name Bosade Ogunlana, a very experienced marriage counsellor
Re: I Need A Certified, Professional Marriage Counsellor For My Parent by stillwerise: 3:46pm On Apr 20, 2020
My parents here in Abuja have used Temple Obike https://templeobike.com/ an experienced, certified psychotherapist and relationship counselor and they go to his office. He has an office in Lagos too but not until i saw someone mention something about him in one of the threads here did i call him today to my suprise he answer and gave me solution However bro/sis, i doubt if any of these counselors will be interested in working with your parents o with all these demands. Yes the counselors may have what you mentioned but me i don't know o.
Metooreal:
Hi,

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Fulfilling Your Life Purpose With Numerology / Same Powerful Forces That Killed Mummy Now Targeting My Wife - Prince Harry / Luxury Female Hostel Accommodation With State Of The Art Facilities At Yaba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.