Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,390 members, 7,815,830 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? (35475 Views)

Motunrayo Ajia: Covenant University CGPA 5.0, All Time Best Graduating Student / 10 Most Influential Books Of All Time / Plato’s Notion Of Philosopher King, And Nigerian Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by CanadaOrBust: 11:57pm On Jun 26, 2019
Amujale:

Not so, that is what the authors of Abrahamic text would want you to believe.

In actual fact, Rome predates both Christianity and Judaism.

Regardless of what Abrahamic text says, Judaism is a relatively new religion.

Christianity was manufactured by Rome before Judaism later became a religion after the renassance.

Therefore, Rome manufactured christianity, and the early Crusaders manufactured Judaism.

Its a typical case of cause to have a means instead of "means to a cause".

Its all a massive fabrication.

A complete and utter CON.

A mind f*c*.

We are talking verifiable history not scriptures

Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by Amujale(m): 12:11am On Jun 27, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Jews were reading and following the Torah and the Talmud (which are our Old Testament) long before the existence of Rome.

There is not one story present in the Old Testament that can claim to being original.

Pick any of the popular stories anywhere in the Abrahamic text and i will prove to you that it lacks originality.
Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by Amujale(m): 12:15am On Jun 27, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Abrahamic text and verifiable history are words and their opposite.

Abrahamic text is a false, Eurocentric and derogatory version of history.

Moses is a ficticious character.
Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by Amujale(m): 12:23am On Jun 27, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

The authors of the bible make up false stories about a group of ficticious people they called Israelites.

According to Abrahamic text, Israelites are Jews. (Fiction)

Europeans that adopts the religion known as Judaism is Known as a Jew (Fact).
Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by CanadaOrBust: 12:39am On Jun 27, 2019
Amujale:

There is not one story present in the Old Testament that can claim to being original.

Pick any of the popular stories anywhere in the Abrahamic text and i will prove to you that it lacks originality.

The argument is whether Romans could have written those stories. Mordern Archaeologists have proven conclusively that whoever wrote those stories knew those areas during the times they referenced. Romans had no way of knowing that.
Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by Amujale(m): 12:56am On Jun 27, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

The argument is whether Romans could have written those stories. Mordern Archaeologists have proven conclusively that whoever wrote those stories knew those areas during the times they were written. Romans had no way of knowing that.

Much of those stories are stolen, repackaged and sexed-up without giving due credit to the original authors.

The Romans commisioned their biblography that held these stolen stories and concepts from around the globe, and went on to claim them as Christian.

Modern historians have already identified almost all the origins from where every story compiled by the authors of these text came about.
Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by CanadaOrBust: 1:27am On Jun 27, 2019
Amujale:

The authors of the bible make up false stories about a group of ficticious people they called Israelites.

According to Abrahamic text, Israelites are Jews. (Fiction)

Europeans that adopts the religion known as Judaism is Known as a Jew (Fact).

Look, we have no way of knowing anything for sure including our very existence. That’s the nature of our reality. But at some point u have to stop splitting hairs and accept that something is likely true.

How were the Romans able to foretell things in the Bible that keep coming true till today. How were they able to foresee that Ishmaelites and Israelites would be at each other’s throats till today. Did Romans force Ishmaelites to say they are decendants of Ishmael? How did Romans foresee that the words of Christ will endure as it has and as he stated? How were they able to imbue the name Jesus with so much spiritual power - no name has ever had so much power that we know of.
Read the following from Acts. How were the Romans able to be so prophetic?

33 When they heard this, they were furious and wanted to put them to death. 34 But a Pharisee named Gamaliel, a teacher of the law, who was honored by all the people, stood up in the Sanhedrin and ordered that the men be put outside for a little while. 35 Then he addressed the Sanhedrin: “Men of Israel, consider carefully what you intend to do to these men. 36 Some time ago Theudas appeared, claiming to be somebody, and about four hundred men rallied to him. He was killed, all his followers were dispersed, and it all came to nothing. 37 After him, Judas the Galilean appeared in the days of the census and led a band of people in revolt. He too was killed, and all his followers were scattered. 38 Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. 39 But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.”

40 His speech persuaded them. They called the apostles in and had them flogged. Then they ordered them not to speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go.

1 Like

Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by CanadaOrBust: 1:39am On Jun 27, 2019
Amujale:

Much of those stories are stolen, repackaged and sexed-up without giving due credit to the original authors.

The Romans commisioned their biblography that held these stolen stories and concepts from around the globe, and went on to claim them as Christian.

Modern historians have already identified almost all the origins from where every story compiled by the authors of these text came about.

Don’t you feel there is something about the Bible?Forgetting everything else just honestly ask yourself, relying on your gut instinct:

Is it likekely that the Romans sat down and composed the Bible or is it likely that The Bible was written over a span of 1500 years, by different writers?

Honestly answer that question for your self.
Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by Amujale(m): 1:48am On Jun 27, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

How were the Romans able to foretell things in the Bible that keep coming true till today.

Majority of the contents of Abrahamic text have been copied, stolen, sexed-up or fabricated from philosophies and concepts from all around the globe.

CanadaOrBust:
How were they able to foresee that Ishmaelites and Israelites would be at each other’s throats till today.

That is a made up story that has no relevance to real history.

Both Ishmael and Israel are fictional characters created by the authors of Abrahamic text.

Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by CanadaOrBust: 2:08am On Jun 27, 2019
Amujale:

Majority of the contents of Abrahamic text have been copied, stolen, sexed-up or fabricated from philosophies and concepts from all around the globe.

That is a made up story that has no relevance to real history.

Both Ishmael and Israel are fictional characters created by the authors of Abrahamic text.

U answered none of my questions.
How come those particular people claiming to be defendants of Ishmael are constantly fighting those particular people claiming to be decendants of Israel - exactly as predicted by the Bible? And Other things I pointed out - how were the Romans able to foretell all that?
Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by Amujale(m): 2:10am On Jun 27, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Don’t you feel there is something about the Bible?Forgetting everything else just honestly ask yourself, relying on your gut instinct:

I can honestly say that the Romans wrote the bible in a way so as to seem that it was written in the past.

They made numerous mistakes, the main mistake was their lack of knowledge of facts, dates, timeline and chronology.

Because they spent all their time copying, stealing and desecrating other peoples sacred sites, they misinterpreted numerous facts and figures.

Infact, much of the Abrahamic text was written on the move.

After they overwhelmed their enemies, they would sack a city of its riches and later move to steal all their sacred text and monuments.

Then, they would later force the local priest and or devotees to interprete their text. These text and concepts would later be incoporated into their biblography.

There are countless nations that the Roman armies actually wiped off the face of the Earth, purposefully meaning to leave no trace of their existence.

As each military campaign passed, the stories grew larger and lager. The Emperor became adicted to these story collecting that he launch wars based on the monetary and spiritual spoils of his foes.

Before long, the Emperor had himself the bible.

Most of these stories are copied from ancient philosophies and concepts from around the globe, with the authors creating their own characters and storylines, in some instances, the Romans didnt bother to change the names of the main chatacters of the stolen stories.
Some are simply fabricated or made up.

The Emperor later used these same compilation of text to subdue his peasants so that they continued to pay their taxes.
Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by Amujale(m): 2:18am On Jun 27, 2019
And then after the fall of the Roman Empire, the Early Crusaders got their hands on it.

They continued in the same way as the Romans, and then took it to another new level.

Similar to the Roman's, getting people to accept their gospels from behind the tip of their swords, they would later replicate these tactics behind the barrell of a gun.

These barbaric actions persisted into the 20th century.
Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by CanadaOrBust: 5:38am On Jun 27, 2019
Amujale:

I can honestly say that the Romans wrote the bible in a way so as to seem that it was written in the past.

They made numerous mistakes, the main mistake was their lack of knowledge of facts, dates, timeline and chronology.

Because they spent all their time copying, stealing and desecrating other peoples sacred sites, they misinterpreted numerous facts and figures.

Infact, much of the Abrahamic text was written on the move.

After they overwhelmed their enemies, they would sack a city of its riches and later move to steal all their sacred text and monuments.

Then, they would later force the local priest and or devotees to interprete their text. These text and concepts would later be incoporated into their biblography.

There are countless nations that the Roman armies actually wiped off the face of the Earth, purposefully meaning to leave no trace of their existence.

As each military campaign passed, the stories grew larger and lager. The Emperor became adicted to these story collecting that he launch wars based on the monetary and spiritual spoils of his foes.

Before long, the Emperor had himself the bible.

Most of these stories are copied from ancient philosophies and concepts from around the globe, with the authors creating their own characters and storylines, in some instances, the Romans didnt bother to change the names of the main chatacters of the stolen stories.
Some are simply fabricated or made up.

The Emperor later used these same compilation of text to subdue his peasants so that they continued to pay their taxes.

MOTIVE.
Mention what Rome gained by fabricating a bible that puts Rome in bad light so much so that they r the ones who maliciously killed the greatest person in their story. If u were forging a story would u cast yourself in such light?
THINK! Don’t just swallow whatever conspiracy theorists feed u.

1 Like

Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by Respect55(m): 7:26am On Jun 27, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Ok. Just prove to me how existence of thinking proves existence of Renee Decartes (or that Renee causes the existence of thinking - which of course implies that thinking would disappear if Renee disappeared - which somehow it hasn’t!)
Just like those that criticized his work, Rene started his philosophy by criticizing the Scolastics method who b opines that all knowledge comes from sensation. That, to Descartes, are subject to error and can be doubted.
In all these, he didn't doubt the activities of his mind and as such, gave most relevance to it because to him, that was one thing he couldn't doubt - that he was thinking all along.
This led him to that famous statement, 'COGITO ERGO SUM' (I think, therefore I am) .
Think of this, All Descartes can know, on the level of foundational belief, is that he exists as a mind. He can't know that he has a body or that anything other than his mind exists. This position is known as solipsism. Solipsism says that the only thing you can know for sure is that you exist as a mind.
Does this help?
Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by Niyi74(m): 7:37am On Jun 27, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Christianity is spiritual. Either u have (or at least are on the side of) that Spirit or u r not. All these u see giving testimonies about deliverance or miracles performed in their lives by the Spirit don’t know all these u talk about. They don’t need to. Remember the earliest disciples had no books like bible yet they were the most productive -the Spirit was in them

You're right. The Holy Spirit is the comforter and revealer of eternal truths. Even our Lord Jesus received the Holy Spirit after being baptized as a confirmation of His Sonship. The Holy Spirit is ever willing to possess but the flesh is weak. The flesh here is the INTELLECT, which subjects everything to reason. The Holy Spirit activates INTUITION, which empowers man to understand without reasoning!

The first requirement to meet before receiving the Holy Spirit is HUMILITY. That's exactly what Jesus was referring to when He insisted on "being born again" before having access. That is, you must be like children, who are pure in heart and follow intuition.

Those details in my previous response were necessary for those who prefer to follow their intellect to illumination. For people like that, among which are those who believe Jesus doesn't exist, they are better guided intellectually until they attain understanding. I was there. I read heaps of books in search of the TRUTH about Jesus and became frustrated at some point. I was only able to attain understanding with the Help of the Holy Spirit.

It's just sad that Christianity has been turned to a SHOW today just like the days of the Scribes and Pharisees. That is why the Holy Spirit can't find His place among so-called Christians today.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by y3mi(m): 9:11am On Jun 27, 2019
aod1:
Well-done Mr slave trader! [b]Recognition of people who have broaden the scope of thought not based on ethnicity but on merit doesn't make one a slave or having slave mentality.
Whatever it is you are replying me on about, I have no idea because I don't think you yourself could make sense of what you wrote

aod1:
I'm in no way undermining the African scholars but me not mentioning them doesn't make me a slave. I named someone whose work I admire not only in philosophy but in mathematics. So bros give yourself brain
My response was not targeted specifically at you but to the majority of the ignorant millions who even after been taught about non-African philosophers just as you have all displayed on this thread, doesn't mean you all should keep lapping it up forever without pausing for once and think of whether our fore-bearers ever indulge in what we understand as to 'philosophize' even if they never contributed to it record-wise, and not just in philiosophy but in all branches of knowledge under science to technology.

[/color]So bros give yourself brain[/quote]If yours was working, a much correct slur from you should have been a slave-detective or determiner and not a slave trader!
Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by Amujale(m): 10:37am On Jun 27, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

MOTIVE.
Mention what Rome gained by fabricating a bible that puts Rome in bad light so much so that they r the ones who maliciously killed the greatest person in their story.

Thats the reason historians are in no doubt that the Romans are responsible for the conspiracy to Invent "the greatest person in their story".

Christianity did not begin as a religion, but is actually a sophisticated government propaganda exercise used to pacify the subjects of the Roman Empire.

The story of Jesus Christ was invented as a system of mind control to subdue their poor citizens.

Most of The Old Testaments was stolen from more older philosophies from around the world, whilst the New Testament was written by first-century Roman aristocrats and they are the ones who incorporated and entirely fabricated all these stories.

Professor Bruno Bauer in his work of 1877 'Christ and the Caesars", stated that he had concluded that Romans authored the New Testament and that Flavians invented Jesus.

Historians have been able to determine those Roman Aristocrats that wrote every chapter of the New Testament name by name.

For example, the book of Mark was the first of the Gospels to have been written, and was done in a prototype form before it was later crafted into the form we are familiar with today. The earlier version was called " Ur Marcus" and is also known as 'Q' ( Quelle, German for the source)

The earliest version of Mark shows that this was written
at about the time of Claudius Caesar, by the grandfather of Arrius Piso. That version was apparently only a bare sketch and most probably did not give a name to the 'messiah'. That appears to have been done later by the person who actually played 'Jesus' in the Gospels - Arrius Piso.

The version you are familiar with was written about the yeae 73 C.E. by Arrius Calpurnius Piso also known by the name Flavius Josephus.

For more imformation you will want to get yourself a copy of the booklet titled 'The True Authorship of the New Testament' by Abelard Reuchlun.
Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by CanadaOrBust: 7:33pm On Jun 27, 2019
Respect55:

Just like those that criticized his work, Rene started his philosophy by criticizing the Scolastics method who b opines that all knowledge comes from sensation. That, to Descartes, are subject to error and can be doubted.
In all these, he didn't doubt the activities of his mind and as such, gave most relevance to it because to him, that was one thing he couldn't doubt - that he was thinking all along.
This led him to that famous statement, 'COGITO ERGO SUM' (I think, therefore I am) .
Think of this, All Descartes can know, on the level of foundational belief, is that he exists as a mind. He can't know that he has a body or that anything other than his mind exists. This position is known as solipsism. Solipsism says that the only thing you can know for sure is that you exist as a mind.
Does this help?

Thanks for the effort, but the question is not whether Renee had reasons, the question is wether the cogito statement is a fallacy. And the fact is that it is: since we are not sure of the existence of Renee the statement can’t start with “I”. It should say: “There is thinking, therefore I am”. Which doesn’t make sense.
Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by CanadaOrBust: 7:40pm On Jun 27, 2019
Niyi74:

You're right. The Holy Spirit is the comforter and revealer of eternal truths. Even our Lord Jesus received the Holy Spirit after being baptized as a confirmation of His Sonship. The Holy Spirit is ever willing to possess but the flesh is weak. The flesh here is the INTELLECT, which subjects everything to reason. The Holy Spirit activates INTUITION, which empowers man to understand without reasoning!

The first requirement to meet before receiving the Holy Spirit is HUMILITY. That's exactly what Jesus was referring to when He insisted on "being born again" before having access. That is, you must be like children, who are pure in heart and follow intuition.

Those details in my previous response were necessary for those who prefer to follow their intellect to illumination. For people like that, among which are those who believe Jesus doesn't exist, they are better guided intellectually until they attain understanding. I was there. I read heaps of books in search of the TRUTH about Jesus and became frustrated at some point. I was only able to attain understanding with the Help of the Holy Spirit.

It's just sad that Christianity has been turned to a SHOW today just like the days of the Scribes and Pharisees. That is why the Holy Spirit can't find His place among so-called Christians today.

Thanks. Bottom line is that the whole thing is spiritual. Once you understand that you’d realize how unnecessary all these arguments are.
Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by CanadaOrBust: 7:47pm On Jun 27, 2019
Amujale:

Thats the reason historians are in no doubt that the Romans are responsible for the conspiracy to Invent "the greatest person in their story".

Christianity did not begin as a religion, but is actually a sophisticated government propaganda exercise used to pacify the subjects of the Roman Empire.

The story of Jesus Christ was invented as a system of mind control to subdue their poor citizens.

Most of The Old Testaments was stolen from more older philosophies from around the world, whilst the New Testament was written by first-century Roman aristocrats and they are the ones who incorporated and entirely fabricated all these stories.

Professor Bruno Bauer in his work of 1877 'Christ and the Caesars", stated that he had concluded that Romans authored the New Testament and that Flavians invented Jesus.

Historians have been able to determine those Roman Aristocrats that wrote every chapter of the New Testament name by name.

For example, the book of Mark was the first of the Gospels to have been written, and was done in a prototype form before it was later crafted into the form we are familiar with today. The earlier version was called " Ur Marcus" and is also known as 'Q' ( Quelle, German for the source)

The earliest version of Mark shows that this was written
at about the time of Claudius Caesar, by the grandfather of Arrius Piso. That version was apparently only a bare sketch and most probably did not give a name to the 'messiah'. That appears to have been done later by the person who actually played 'Jesus' in the Gospels - Arrius Piso.

The version you are familiar with was written about the yeae 73 C.E. by Arrius Calpurnius Piso also known by the name Flavius Josephus.

For more imformation you will want to get yourself a copy of the booklet titled 'The True Authorship of the New Testament' by Abelard Reuchlun.

Once again, MOTIVE.
You haven’t said HOW, WHERE, AND WHEN the Bible benefited the Romans.
Read the Bible then listen to your gut instinct. Stop imbibing all these discredited consperacy theories.
How did the Romans know that the words of Christ would last for two thousand years - long after they themselves have disappeared, and put it in the Bible!

1 Like

Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by Amujale(m): 8:05pm On Jun 27, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Once again, MOTIVE.
You haven’t said HOW, WHERE AND HOW the Bible benefits the Romans.
Read the Bible then listen to your gut instint

Amujale:

You need to STOP reading the bible, instead STUDY what you claim to be reading.

I have read and studied the entire pages of that book of propaganda more than once, something you probably have not.

The bible is a fraud, is not what it claims to be, instead its a compilation of various stories and typologies from accross the globe, the contents which have been re-packaged, sex-ed up or outrightly fabricated.

Many historians have studied all these Abrahamic text and conclude most of those writtings to be false, fake and counterintuitive.

The authors of the bible are guilty of a huge amount of criminality.
Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by CanadaOrBust: 8:20pm On Jun 27, 2019
Amujale:

You need to STOP reading the bible, instead STUDY what you claim to be reading.

I have read the entire pages of that book of propaganda more than once, something you probably have not.

The bible is a fraud, is not what it claims to be, instead its a compilation of various stories and typologies from accross the globe, the contents which have been re-packaged, sex-ed up or outrightly fabricated.

Many historians have studied all these Abrahamic text and conclude most of those writtings to be false, fake and counterintutive.

The authors of the bible are guilty of a huge amount of criminality.

Once again You didn’t answer the question: MOTIVE.
The Romans have long since disappeared yet the Word keep waxing stronger even after 2000 years.
Look at the Biblical extract below. See how prophetic. Does it seem to you like something made up

35 Then he addressed the Sanhedrin: “Men of Israel, consider carefully what you intend to do to these men. 36 Some time ago Theudas appeared, claiming to be somebody, and about four hundred men rallied to him. He was killed, all his followers were dispersed, and it all came to nothing. 37 After him, Judas the Galilean appeared in the days of the census and led a band of people in revolt. He too was killed, and all his followers were scattered. 38 Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. 39 But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.”
Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by Amujale(m): 8:23pm On Jun 27, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Once again You didn’t answer the question: MOTIVE.
The Romans have long since disappeared yet the Word keep waxing stronger even after 2000 years.
Look at the Biblical extract below. See how prophetic. Does it seem to you like something made up

35 Then he addressed the Sanhedrin: “Men of Israel, consider carefully what you intend to do to these men. 36 Some time ago Theudas appeared, claiming to be somebody, and about four hundred men rallied to him. He was killed, all his followers were dispersed, and it all came to nothing. 37 After him, Judas the Galilean appeared in the days of the census and led a band of people in revolt. He too was killed, and all his followers were scattered. 38 Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. 39 But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.”

Amujale:

There is not one story present in the Old Testaments that can claim to being original.

Most of the chapters of the New Testaments are forgeries and fabrications.

There's nothing Godly about Abrahamic text.

The original concepts they copied and or plagerised into the bible may have a better claim. But that has nothing to does with the liars, murderers and cheats that authored the christian bible.

The bible is an instrument of Roman propaganda, pure fantasy, falsity and fakery.
Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by CanadaOrBust: 8:31pm On Jun 27, 2019
Amujale:

Most of the chapters of the New Testaments are forgeries and fabrications.

There's nothing Godly about Abrahamic text. The original concepts they copied into the bible however, may have a better claim. But that is has nothing to do with th liars, murderers and cheats that authored the christian bible.

The bible is an instrument of Roman propaganda, pure fantasy, falsity and fakery.

Roman propaganda to what end. HOW DID IT BENEFIT THE ROMANS?!!
Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by Amujale(m): 8:31pm On Jun 27, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Roman propaganda to what end. HOW DID IT BENEFIT THE ROMANS?!!

Are you even reading my responses?

Amujale:

The Romans created their Abrahamic text so as to subdue all their poor citizens.

In order to assume full controll of all their dormain.
Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by CanadaOrBust: 9:33pm On Jun 27, 2019
Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by CanadaOrBust: 9:35pm On Jun 27, 2019
Amujale:

The Romans created their Abrahamic text so as to subdue all their poor citizens.

U r the one not reading. HOW? Rome was an empire dependent on military might and war. How does it benefit them to create a book that cast them in bad light and whose hero was a pacifist whose credo was “turn the other cheek” and who preached that the emperor is not god and that the empire would disappear? THINK. Stop regurgitating what was put in your head by nutty conspirationists

2 Likes

Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by Amujale(m): 9:54pm On Jun 27, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

U r the one not reading. HOW? Rome was an empire dependent on military might and war. How does it benefit them to create a pacifist hero whose credo is “turn the other cheek” and who preached that the emperor is not god and that the empire would disappear? THINK. Stop regurgitating what was put in your head by nutty conspirationistsit’s

In a way, you have answered your own question.

Amujale:

These are the actual truth.

Furthermore, the ancient Palestinians/Jews were militaristic as was their religious concepts.

Their messaiah was a military commander and that was constantly causing problems for Rome.

Hence, the Romans deviced their strategy that involved plagerizing bits and pieces of their religion and began their campaign to create Christianity.

Taking into consideration some of their own religious concepts and syncretising with the then poplular Hellenistic elements, producing a non-violent character that would stop their peasants in their tracks.

The Jesus Character was invented by the Romans using different and more older divinities from around the world. e.g. Ra, Osiris, Horus, Krishna, Budhha, Merlin e.t.c.

Then he was "Euhemerized", stories were created that placed him interacting with historical figures i.e Ceasar, King Herod e.t.c

Then they gave him all sorts of supernatural abilities.

Dying-and -Rising Divinities thar predate Christianity:

Obatala: Appearing in the Itapa festival, Obatala is a dying and rising Orisa. The three-day rhythm of descent into the netherworld and the subsequent ressurrection on the third day.

Osiris: Ancient Egyptian deity, those baptized into his death and resurrection are saved in the afterlife.

Romulus: Roman state deity, has death and resurrection celebrated annualy.

Zalmoxis: Thracian deity, his death and resurrection assures followers of eternal life.

Deities, Kings and Queens with a miraculous birth:

Ra
Horus
Apis
Krishna
Budhha
Merlin
Llew Llaw
Attis of Phrygia
Julius Ceasar
Odysseus
Romulus
Dionysus
Heracles
Glycon
Zoroaster
Apollonius of Tyana
e.t.c
Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by Respect55(m): 10:58pm On Jun 27, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Thanks for the effort, but the question is not whether Renee had reasons, the question is wether the cogito statement is a fallacy. And the fact is that it is: since we are not sure of the existence of Renee the statement can’t start with “I”. It should say: “There is thinking, therefore I am”. Which doesn’t make sense.
I don't actually get u well..

Are u saying that Renée's existence can't be established

OR

That the Cogito is fallacious?

Clear me and I will answer u
Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by CanadaOrBust: 11:52pm On Jun 27, 2019
Respect55:

I don't actually get u well..

Are u saying that Renée's existence can't be established

OR

That the Cogito is fallacious?

Clear me and I will answer u

U r Mr Philosopher. U know exactly what I mean. Cogito is of course fallacious - the “I” at the beginning already assumes that “I” exists which had not yet been proven, and which the statement purports to be out to prove. You can’t prove that something exists by first already concluding it exists - that’s what’s wrong with cogito.

1 Like

Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by CanadaOrBust: 1:44am On Jun 28, 2019
Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by CanadaOrBust: 1:46am On Jun 28, 2019
Amujale:

In a way, you have answered your own question.

These are the actual truth.

Furthermore, the ancient Palestinians/Jews were militaristic as was their religious concepts.

Their messaiah was a military commander and that was constantly causing problems for Rome.

Hence, the Romans deviced their strategy that involved plagerizing bits and pieces of their religion and began their campaign to create Christianity.

Taking into consideration some of their own religious concepts and syncretising with the then poplular Hellenistic elements, producing a non-violent character that would stop their peasants in their tracks.

The Jesus Character was invented by the Romans using different and more older divinities from around the world. e.g. Ra, Osiris, Horus, Krishna, Budhha, Merlin e.t.c.

Then he was "Euhemerized", stories were created that placed him interacting with historical figures i.e Ceasar, King Herod e.t.c

Then they gave him all sorts of supernatural abilities.

Dying-and -Rising Divinities thar predate Christianity:

Obatala: Appearing in the Itapa festival, Obatala is a dying and rising Orisa. The three-day rhythm of descent into the netherworld and the subsequent ressurrection on the third day.

Osiris: Egyptian deity, those baptized into his death and resurrection are saved in the afterlife.

Romulus: Roman state deity, has death and resurrection celebrated annualy.

Zalmoxis: Thracian deity, his death and resurrection assures followers of eternal life.

Deities, Kings and Queens with a miraculous birth:

Ra
Horus
Apis
Krishna
Budhha
Merlin
Llew Llaw
Attis of Phrygia
Julius Ceasar
Odysseus
Romulus
Dionysus
Heracles
Glycon
Zoroaster
Apollonius of Tyana
e.t.c

Amazing what people can believe! What is wrong with you??!! Here is what u believe in a nutshell:

The Romans had many gods that they fervently worshipped including their emperor whose perceived divinity is the basis for a lot of his authority. The same emperor now goes to a lot of trouble to oversee the writing of a book that teaches that there is only one god, that this foreign god is the only true god, that the rest are false man-made gods, and that he, the emperor, is not a god at all but a mere human being, nothing good ever said about him in the book. Same book then goes on to present his beloved empire in a very bad light to the extent that they are the ones who tortured and killed the hero. The book also says his empire is corrupt and sinful and would soon come crashing down!

That is what u believe!!

Look inwards and honestly ask yourself:
“WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME??!!”

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Awka Prison Inmate Graduates With PGD, MSC In Information Technology (Photos) / Obinna Ebirim Robert Gordon University Member Of Governing Body: The Only Black / Prof. Ngozi Chuma-Udeh: Soludo's Commissioner Goes Back To Secondary School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.