Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,428 members, 7,954,670 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:32 AM

Is It Right For A Woman To Be A Pastor? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right For A Woman To Be A Pastor? (1893 Views)

Is It Right For Pastors To Confirm The Right Marriage Partner For A Person? / Is It Right For Non-muslims To Accept Food Used In Breaking The Ramadan Fasting? / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Be A Pastor? by Nobody: 7:39am On Jun 23, 2019
Dantedasz:

The Bible is a sexist book then. undecided
It has rules and standard to which all adherents must BOW!
Otherwise any form of religion could also be called Christianity! wink
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Be A Pastor? by Dantedasz(m): 7:46am On Jun 23, 2019
Maximus69:

Can you show me where he ever referred to himself as OMNISCIENT in the Bible?
Because the Bible made it clear that there are things that brought him pain {Genesis 6:5-6} and of course he couldn't have planned what will cause him pain if he is OMNISCIENT!
The freewill he gave humans means they are free to chose what they will do but that never meant he knew everything they will do as he is holy{not capable of thinking evil} Jeremiah 19:5
Our attitudes will prove what we choose to be, whether we will be his children{always virtuous in thoughts like him} Deuteronomy 32:5
Or allow our own inclination of imperfection to always navigate all our thoughts! John 8:44

Okay, God is now not omniscient.... Hmmmm.....this is getting interesting.
I will refer you to the first meeting between God and Moses . God introduces himself as 'I AM' which implies he is omnipotent and omniscient.
Please check Exodus chapter 3 verse 14. embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Be A Pastor? by Dantedasz(m): 7:49am On Jun 23, 2019
Maximus69:

And treating women as second class beings is a cardinal rule and standard....I am learning a lot this morning..... shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Be A Pastor? by KelvinCX(m): 7:49am On Jun 23, 2019
Maximus69:

There's something seriously flawed with this books if one encourages sexism and the other religion encourages sexism, violence in hope of 72 wives
Perhaps they've been tampered with before we were born

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Be A Pastor? by Nobody: 7:54am On Jun 23, 2019
paulemmy19:
The point here is women can speak in the Churches when women alone are gathered, when it is a gathering of both men and women, then the women ought to remain silent as the Bible rightly stated.

Silent here doesn't mean to keep mute. It means they should not lead or be outspoken.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Be A Pastor? by Dantedasz(m): 8:00am On Jun 23, 2019
HedwigesMaduro:

Silent here doesn't mean to keep mute. It means they should not lead or be outspoken.

What's the difference then?
I don't see any difference between the standards of Christianity and Islam. Both are sexist and degrading towards women. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Be A Pastor? by Funaki: 8:14am On Jun 23, 2019
Dantedasz:

What's the difference then?
I don't see any difference between the standards of Christianity and Islam. Both are sexist and degrading towards women. undecided
what do you expect? the books in the bible were written more than 2000 years ago, women are still struggling with equality in 2019 and you want to compare this with 2000 years ago. Even women started voting like 2 centuries ago. I don't think any of Jesus' early followers would've supported women's suffrage. That's just the society the lived in then.
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Be A Pastor? by Dantedasz(m): 8:29am On Jun 23, 2019
Funaki:

what do you expect? the books in the bible were written more than 2000 years ago, women are still struggling with equality in 2019 and you want to compare this with 2000 years ago. Even women started voting like 2 centuries ago. I don't think any of Jesus' early followers would've supported women's suffrage. That's just the society the lived in then.

I understand this.
What I don't understand is Christians arguing blindly that the Bible is not a sexist book or debating that the Bible is not condescending or degrading towards women. The evidence is staring you right I'm the eyes in your manual of regulations!
The problem is that Christians do not even know the contents of their Bible especially the women. Any woman that has read the Bible herself and understands what she read will immediately realise she can NOT be a Christian because she will never be able to keep to the injunctions or standards of the Bible.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Be A Pastor? by Nobody: 9:00am On Jun 23, 2019
Maximus69:

Can you show me where he ever referred to himself as OMNISCIENT in the Bible?
Because the Bible made it clear that there are things that brought him pain {Genesis 6:5-6} and of course he couldn't have planned what will cause him pain if he is OMNISCIENT!
The freewill he gave humans means they are free to chose what they will do but that never meant he knew everything they will do as he is holy{not capable of thinking evil} Jeremiah 19:5
Our attitudes will prove what we choose to be, whether we will be his children{always virtuous in thoughts like him} Deuteronomy 32:5
Or allow our own inclination of imperfection to always navigate all our thoughts! John 8:44
what shocked shocked so are you telling me our God is not all powerful?
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Be A Pastor? by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 23, 2019
Dantedasz:

Okay, God is now not omniscient.... Hmmmm.....this is getting interesting.
I will refer you to the first meeting between God and Moses . God introduces himself as 'I AM' which implies he is omnipotent and omniscient.
Please check Exodus chapter 3 verse 14. embarassed
There is clear difference between human philosophy about God and how he defines himself through the events recorded in the Bible!

Omniscient omnipresence omnipotent are all concepts from the imaginations of humans, they reason that before they can become submissive to any unseen being, such must possess all those attributes.
But the author of the Bible never presented himself that way!
¤He is not everywhere, otherwise he wouldn't have sent angels to go and verify the reports he heard concerning Sodom and Gomorrah! Genesis 18:20-21
¤He doesn't know everything because that will mean he is unreasonable to have done what will bring him PAINS! Genesis 6:5-6
Granted, all his plans will surely be because he can maneuver events to suit his plans and Satan also knew all of that but the superiority he had over Satan is the power to always actualise his own purposes as the most powerful spirit being that created all other beings be it those who are willing to be good or those that have chosen to be crooked!
¤He is NOT able to stand watching cruelty! Habakkuk 1:13, Jeremiah 19:5

That is the way he explained himself, and his true servants believe in his ability to deliver them from danger because his angels{serving as police} are watching everything happening on earth while he ONLY focuses his rapt attention on those doing good because they are the ones bringing him praise and glorifying him! 2Chronicles 16:9,Job 1:7-8, Zachariah 4:10 compared to 1Peter 3:12
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Be A Pastor? by orisa37: 9:57am On Jun 23, 2019
Yes. Woman is Is. Just a variety of Man.
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Be A Pastor? by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 23, 2019
Queenkofoworola:
what shocked shocked so are you telling me our God is not all powerful?
He is the most powerful being!
But there are so many things he CAN'T do due to his holiness, and his faithful servants often bear him witness regarding that! Genesis 18:25
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Be A Pastor? by paxonel(m): 10:05am On Jun 23, 2019
Maximus69:
God NEVER appointed a Female priest!
Judges 4:4 And Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lapidoth, she judged Israel at that time.

What will you say to that?
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Be A Pastor? by Funaki: 10:07am On Jun 23, 2019
Dantedasz:

I understand this.
What I don't understand is Christians arguing blindly that the Bible is not a sexist book or debating that the Bible is not condescending or degrading towards women. The evidence is staring you right I'm the eyes in your manual of regulations!
The problem is that Christians do not even know the contents of their Bible especially the women. Any woman that has read the Bible herself and understands what she read will immediately realise she can NOT be a Christian because she will never be able to keep to the injunctions or standards of the Bible.

The bible is sexist, just like any other books written 2000 years ago. Even some books written 50 years ago are not socially acceptable. That's why some movie adaptation of books try to change the characters to fit the society today.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Be A Pastor? by Nobody: 10:57am On Jun 23, 2019
Maximus69:

He is the most powerful being!
But there are so many things he CAN'T do due to his holiness, and his faithful servants often bear him witness regarding that! Genesis 18:25
so God can't do all things shocked
And you said due to his Holiness, so what about the killing God did in the Bible
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Be A Pastor? by janettee(f): 11:08am On Jun 23, 2019
Dantedasz:

I understand this.

Exactly. Like why try to disagree with what's clear.
The bible is sexist, period..
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Be A Pastor? by Nobody: 11:32am On Jun 23, 2019
paxonel:

Judges 4:4 And Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lapidoth, she judged Israel at that time.

What will you say to that?
God actually appointed Females to serve as judge and prophetess but NOT as PRIESTS!
These ones serve as messengers to pass information to the people and Judge amongst them, but inside God's Temple where the angels were stationed in order to officiate in the presence of Males!
Jesus is the New Temple that superseded that old Temple! John 2:19-21
That is why Jesus never chose a single Female Apostle, all the twelve were Males!

Today we have PROPHETESS delivering God's JUDGEMENT before unbelievers outside God's spiritual temple. But inside his spiritual temple NO Females are allowed to officiate!
Please that is the standard!
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Be A Pastor? by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 23, 2019
Queenkofoworola:
so God can't do all things shocked
And you said due to his Holiness, so what about the killing God did in the Bible
Destroying evil people is never a task carried out DIRECTLY by God, it is his angels that do carry out all such tasks! According to Jesus, his father will give the order but Jesus is the executioner NOT his father who will never be found destroying the works of his own hands! Luke 19:27 compared to Revelations 19:11-16
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Be A Pastor? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jun 23, 2019
paxonel:
Going by this

You need to understand the prevailing situation of the time.

That verse is not talking about women not talking in church.

It try to correct women who were in the habit of distracting people in church by going forth and back to ask their husbands questions.

It says, they should keep quiet till they get home.

It's like seeing children moving from their classes to the adult class and moving to the front to see their mum or dad every now and then.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Be A Pastor? by bukatyne(f): 3:45pm On Jun 23, 2019
Maximus69:

Surely both Male and Female were created in the likeness of God! Genesis 1:27
But carefully note how Genesis 2:18-25 further explains, when God said 'let us make man in our own image' {Genesis 1:26} the ONE and ONLY creature made was Male!
So according to the Bible, Female humans came as a COMPLIMENT of the one created in God's image{Males} therefore it is clear that Females are secondary NOT the primary image of God!

Moreover, when angels from heaven came down to have SEX with humans, it was recorded that this angelic creatures were Males NOT Females! Genesis 6:1-2
Of course God punished them for that unwholesome relations! Jude 6 compared to 2Peter 2:4-5

Please we are NOT talking about the deities of Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, Greece or Rome here, where there are Goddesses as well as priestesses in their shrines. This is about the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob whose laws and viewpoints are written clearly as instruction for those who might wish to worship this same God in our own time! Romans 15:4 compared to 1Corinthians 10:11

Read Gen 1: 26 - 27

Except you are telling me that the female not created in His image is also to dominate with the man created in His image.

Interesting.
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Be A Pastor? by bukatyne(f): 3:48pm On Jun 23, 2019
@topic:

I believe God calls whom He wills.
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Be A Pastor? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 23, 2019
bukatyne:
@topic:

I believe God calls whom He wills.
NOT against his established standards!
He will never overstep his own rules, that's why someone PERFECT must die to pay for our sins! Psalms 49:7-10
Otherwise there is no reason for Jesus to sacrifice his perfect human life to redeem us!
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Be A Pastor? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 23, 2019
Anybody is free to worship anywhere, anyhow and under the leadership of anyone they feel.
It's like the Females are trying to stand as equals with Males in all things but let it be known to all that the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob has set his own standard.
Females aren't supposed to officiate as priests in the presence of Male, even in true Christianity a woman MUST NOT LEAD IN PRAYER BEFORE MEN!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Starkest Blunder Of The Writer Of The Creation Account / High Court Remands Ex MFM Chorister Ayotunde Richards Over Libel Against Olukoya / The Experience Is Here Again (Christ Embassy Programme)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.