Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Leah Sharibu: Henry Claudius Accuses Reno Omokri Of Taking Grants, Selling Books - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Leah Sharibu: Henry Claudius Accuses Reno Omokri Of Taking Grants, Selling Books (562 Views)

Throwback: Natasha Akpoti Accuses Reno Omokri Of Making A Pass At Her / Wendell Simlin: American Woman Accuses Reno Omokri Of Identity Theft / Leah Sharibu's Results In Her Report Card (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leah Sharibu: Henry Claudius Accuses Reno Omokri Of Taking Grants, Selling Books by happney65: 8:03pm On Jun 22, 2019
A financial consultant, Henry Claudius, and some other Twitter users have accused a former presidential aide, Reno Omokri, of diverting funds meant for the family of the abducted Dapchi schoolgirl, Leah Sharibu.

Using the Twitter hashtag #RenoUndarted, some Nigerians on Twitter accused Omokri of printing T-shirts branded with Sharibu’s name, writing books and selling them and diverting the proceeds for personal gains.

They also accused him of collecting funds from some local non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and international charity organisations in Sharibu’s name and keeping the funds for himself.

Tweeting, Claudius wrote, "Omokiri's claim that he wrote a best seller is false. The book is worthless on Amazon. However, the book he wrote on Sharibu is selling for $16.This is how the scam works. He will visit churches worldwide, introduced himself as pastor and complain of Christian persecution in Nigeria.

"Unsuspecting congregation believed his words that Christians were being persecuted. He will talk about Sharibu that she's currently being held and President Muhammadu Buhari is not doing anything about it. They started buying the books to learn more, people started donating to his charity.

"Then he will introduce his other books. The bottom line is that Leah is used as a marketing strategy to deceive unsuspecting Christians worldwide that they are donating money to free persecuted Christians in Nigeria."

However, Omokri, who was special assistant to President Jonathan on New Media, said the allegations were baseless and designed to tarnish his image.

He said, "If I used Leah‘s name to get any grant from anywhere, let God judge me. But if you have falsely accused me, then let God publicly avenge me in Jesus’ name, amen. By the way, since you have evidence of this grant, please expose it.

"All payments for my #FreeLeahSharibu T-Shirts are first verified by the Chairman of the Christian Association of Nigeria, Kaduna, Rev Hayab, then paid into her father's account. Not even a penny has been paid to me. But, if you have EVIDENCE otherwise, EXPOSE IT

"I made exactly ₦1 million from my book, 'Leah Sharibu: The Girl Boko Haram Left Behind.' The money spent only five minutes in my account. At the fifth minute, it was transferred to Leah's mother's. The transaction was verified by Kaduna state CAN Chairman, Rev. J. Hayab.

"I am waiting for anyone, anywhere who has paid me money over #FreeLeahSharibu to EXPOSE me. All monies from the sale of the #FreeLeahSharibu T-Shirts were paid directly to Leah's father. They want me to abandon Leah, but God willing, that will never happen!"

http://saharareporters.com/2019/06/22/leah-sharibu-henry-claudius-accuses-reno-omokri-taking-grants-selling-books-dapchi-girls?fbclid=IwAR3sBGCt7mRsDxjHorBpNa60-hALqFHgIdA1YaH5Ch8ogc8Y4qZYIvpV4NY
Re: Leah Sharibu: Henry Claudius Accuses Reno Omokri Of Taking Grants, Selling Books by Kingosytex(m): 8:07pm On Jun 22, 2019
I expect reno to clap back. If the allegations tabled against him are true then am not surprised after all naija politicians are crooks who always use every opportunity to their advantage
Re: Leah Sharibu: Henry Claudius Accuses Reno Omokri Of Taking Grants, Selling Books by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:17pm On Jun 22, 2019
Ok
Re: Leah Sharibu: Henry Claudius Accuses Reno Omokri Of Taking Grants, Selling Books by don88(m): 8:37pm On Jun 22, 2019
agents of devil at it again! if he said Christians ar bin persecuted; ar u saying he's wrong? Reno didn't pocket money for Leah. its lie from pit of hell! it was apostle suleiman now its reno! naija politicians cant withstand critics. they can hire agent of devil wt million to do dirty job.
Re: Leah Sharibu: Henry Claudius Accuses Reno Omokri Of Taking Grants, Selling Books by festacman(m): 8:37pm On Jun 22, 2019
Reno Omokri might be a professional busybody and I am proudly not one of his fans but anyone with evidence of him diverting proceeds from #FreeLeahSharibu fundraising campaign should bring them forward for us to ' righteously' skin him alive. But if there is no evidence then his accusers should shut the fu*k up.
Re: Leah Sharibu: Henry Claudius Accuses Reno Omokri Of Taking Grants, Selling Books by TooMuchStuff: 8:51pm On Jun 22, 2019
No mind these bloodthirsty headslamming idiots whose god can only notice his worshippers eastward.

My God is everywhere. 360 degrees. Yahweh.
Re: Leah Sharibu: Henry Claudius Accuses Reno Omokri Of Taking Grants, Selling Books by GuestLog: 9:04pm On Jun 22, 2019
Kingosytex:
I expect reno to clap back. If the allegations tabled against him is true then am not surprised after all naija politicians are crooks who always use every opportunity to their advantage
Reno has already made statements about this.
Re: Leah Sharibu: Henry Claudius Accuses Reno Omokri Of Taking Grants, Selling Books by RobbStark(m): 9:51pm On Jun 22, 2019
Kingosytex:
I expect reno to clap back. If the allegations tabled against him are true then am not surprised after all naija politicians are crooks who always use every opportunity to their advantage

What if they aren't true and he didn't clap back wat happens.

Sometimes, silence is golden.
you don't go about clapping back to every rubbish aimed at you..

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Newspapers: 10 Things You Need To Know This Sunday Morning / Possible effect Of The Adoption Of ECO As ECOWAS Currency On Nigeria's Economy / EXCLUSIVE: Osoba A Traitor, Wanted Abacha To Become Life President – Okurounmu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.