Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Ololade Akinsanya, MC Oluomo’s Son Graduated As The Best, "Gets $2.7" - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ololade Akinsanya, MC Oluomo’s Son Graduated As The Best, "Gets $2.7" (90932 Views)

Leave My Dad Alone - MC Oluomo's Son, King West Tells P'Square / We Own Lagos, We Own Nigeria - King West, MC Oluomo’s Son Boasts / MC Oluomo's Son, King West, Threatens People Who Post Negative Things About Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ololade Akinsanya, MC Oluomo’s Son Graduated As The Best, "Gets $2.7" by TheFacelessMan: 2:35pm On Jun 23, 2019
cry
Re: Ololade Akinsanya, MC Oluomo’s Son Graduated As The Best, "Gets $2.7" by ENG0701: 2:35pm On Jun 23, 2019
bestdudes:

While I may agree with you... You have to be patient to see things unfold.

Madoff was fleasing people billions of dollars, his children were living the dream and he was on top of the world for decades.

Until he was caught, given 100 years in prison at the age of over 50, which means he will die there. One of his son took his own life, the other died from another kind of death. The wife?

What does this tell you?

Abiola was the present day Tinubu but today all wealth is gone.

Igbinedion of Benin is just living on past glory, Babaginda is now a vegetable... He can't walk. Yes, the name still open doors for his children but as time goes on, they will be forgotten in coming generations.

Abacha, we know how that one ended...

Annenih, is gone and forgotten...

Sweatheart, the man who said a good name is better than gold and silver is not stupid...

Manhattan Gandhi and Mandela (my phone had these names as autocorrect, but doesn't have the evil ones mentioned above) was neither as wealthy as these men, but their names will go into 1Million years to come.

Babaginda's sickness is due to old age, good people also get sick, his family will forever live a good life. Abacha's children are doing well, rich and free, Annenih died of old age like everyone will. Karma sometimes catches up with some, but very few in my opinion.

3 Likes

Re: Ololade Akinsanya, MC Oluomo’s Son Graduated As The Best, "Gets $2.7" by swiperthefox: 2:35pm On Jun 23, 2019
TheFacelessMan:
Whether he's a NURTW staff and/or political thug...

Oluomo is giving his kids quality education. That's evident.

The $2.7million dollar "scholarship" is what's questionable.

I know for a fact that Johns Hopkins has like 63,000 dollars in tuition for a course i wanted to do.

63,000 x 4 = 252,000. Even if they give you an extra 252k as living expenses which is impossibly generous.... it would just be over $500k in total!

He couldn't have gotten a research grant that lucrative. That's the size of a large scale grant for an NGO working in a Nigerian State for 3-4 years. I KNOW wink
Elite Scholar is a public high school and Mc Oluomo paid nothing.

1 Like

Re: Ololade Akinsanya, MC Oluomo’s Son Graduated As The Best, "Gets $2.7" by AmazonTopaz(f): 2:35pm On Jun 23, 2019
aadoiza:

He has said nothing. Only kids believe in useless karma. cheesy
Ok your problem cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ololade Akinsanya, MC Oluomo’s Son Graduated As The Best, "Gets $2.7" by TheFacelessMan: 2:36pm On Jun 23, 2019
cheesy
Re: Ololade Akinsanya, MC Oluomo’s Son Graduated As The Best, "Gets $2.7" by kayzeesoft(m): 2:43pm On Jun 23, 2019
safarigirl:
This is just another example that Karma is a farce.

Considering all the people this man has killed, maimed, made homeless, orphaned, widowed, and yet, good things are happening to him and his family, yet, una go talk say e get one karma wey go visit am.

Nothing like that, this world is not for good people o, no siddon dey form good person, e no dey pay. The ruthless run the world, while good people pray for better lots.
It is just a matter of time. Karma may skip him and go for all his children. Keep my words. I don't wish him bad thou.
Re: Ololade Akinsanya, MC Oluomo’s Son Graduated As The Best, "Gets $2.7" by deomelo: 2:44pm On Jun 23, 2019
Chemical Engineering Extracurriculars:

Founder of Student Leaders Club at Clayton State University; National Honor Society; Science National Honor Society; Math Honor Society;

Calculus and Chemistry Tutor at Clayton State University.

https://www.ajc.com/lifestyles/what-takes-metro-atlanta-valedictorians-share-secrets-success/mJom5w56ZkSWNYbMzcsyqL/

Apart from the fact that this young man is a founder and member of many honor society, he's going to be a Chemical Engineer and he also teaches Calculus and Chemistry Tutor at Clayton State University.

Very impressive.
Re: Ololade Akinsanya, MC Oluomo’s Son Graduated As The Best, "Gets $2.7" by swiperthefox: 2:48pm On Jun 23, 2019
Breakingfamous:

Source: http://www.thefamousnaija.com/2019/06/olalade-akinsanya-mc-oluomos-son.html?m=1

This impressive news was not in any news cycle in Atlanta GA. It wasn't on Clayton County School Board info or even Elite Scholar High school. Why is that?
I saw where they wrote down he is a tutor at Clayton University and how is that possible? Please oga try and help us get a good source for this half assed news.
Re: Ololade Akinsanya, MC Oluomo’s Son Graduated As The Best, "Gets $2.7" by deomelo: 2:49pm On Jun 23, 2019
TheFacelessMan:

Explain. Here to learn...

I honestly don't think the $2.7 million came from just one UNI, it's obviously from a collection of UNI that offered him scholarships which doesn't alter the fact that he scored $2.7 million worth of scholarship.

3 Likes

Re: Ololade Akinsanya, MC Oluomo’s Son Graduated As The Best, "Gets $2.7" by Bolognese: 2:50pm On Jun 23, 2019
Re: Ololade Akinsanya, MC Oluomo’s Son Graduated As The Best, "Gets $2.7" by AmazonTopaz(f): 2:51pm On Jun 23, 2019
Coventry:
Never envy.

Never dispair

Keep doing good.

Keep emulating good.

Never join the wrong people. You have not seen it all.

People broadcast what they want you to hear and see.

The hidden ones usually gets exposed by others.
True words.

1 Like

Re: Ololade Akinsanya, MC Oluomo’s Son Graduated As The Best, "Gets $2.7" by partnerbizz5(f): 2:55pm On Jun 23, 2019
Bolognese:
Nigerians and their incorrigible nature.

If you don’t know how a system works, why not ask than to continue spewing your ignorance?

Here’s a proof that it’s possible:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/tennessee-teen-graduates-high-school-valedictorian-earns-3m-scholarships-all-n1008976

The world doesn’t start and stop in Nigeria, please wisen up!

The dude in your link got offers from 44 colleges against 5 here.

We aren't saying he can't get offers, all we are saying is that it isn't upto 2.7m

If you can't show credible source for that, then forget it.
Re: Ololade Akinsanya, MC Oluomo’s Son Graduated As The Best, "Gets $2.7" by deomelo: 3:00pm On Jun 23, 2019
swiperthefox:
This impressive news was not in any news cycle in Atlanta GA. It wasn't on Clayton County School Board info or even Elite Scholar High school. Why is that?

I saw where they wrote down he is a tutor at Clayton University and how is that possible? Please oga try and help us get a good source for this half assed news.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9693096_aaaaaaaa_jpegfafe3dd53d6abf40c52eaab9ce230ad1

National Merit Scholarship Winner

This is the image for the news article titled National Merit Scholarship Winner

Clayton County Public Schools (CCPS) is proud to recognize Ololade Abdulai, CCPS’s STAR Student and Elite Scholars Academy's Valedictorian, as he has been named a winner of the National Merit Scholarship! Ololade has also been offered a full ride scholarship to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)!

The National Merit Scholarship Program is an academic competition for recognition and scholarships that began in 1955. High school students enter the National Merit Program by taking the Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT)—which serves as an initial screen of approximately 1.6 million entrants each year—and by meeting published program entry and participation requirements. In addition, the STAR Student Program was created in 1958 by the Georgia Chamber of Commerce, high school senior earns a STAR nomination by having the highest score on any single test date of the SAT taken through the November test date of their senior year and be in the top 10 percent or top 10 students of their class based on grade point average.

Congratulations Ololade! We are extremely proud of you and your academic achievements as a student of Clayton County Public Schools!

https://099.clayton.k12.ga.us/news/what_s_new/test_news_story

From the schools main website and on behalf of the whole county.

2 Likes

Re: Ololade Akinsanya, MC Oluomo’s Son Graduated As The Best, "Gets $2.7" by Asour: 3:06pm On Jun 23, 2019
TheFacelessMan:

World Bank scholarship initially. Cash down, later.

Ok. What's Cash down?
Re: Ololade Akinsanya, MC Oluomo’s Son Graduated As The Best, "Gets $2.7" by jrusky(m): 3:07pm On Jun 23, 2019
Bolognese:
He didn’t get full ride to only MIT, he got same to Harvard.

You claim you’re a citizen and your kids school there. Ask your kids if after high school they applied to only one Uni?.

Let’s assume the young man applied to MIT, Harvard, Princeton, Yale, Caltech, and a couple of other Unis... If he got a full ride Scholarship of 400K for the entire duration of his degree from 6 different unis Including MIT and Harvard, that’s already $2.4M... He would have also gotten tuition only scholarship from some universities that can’t afford full rides, so why is the $2.7M a big deal...

The truth is he’ll only end up accepting only the scholarship at MIT which won’t exceed $400,000 for the duration of his degree.

Are you alright? Didn't you read what I said? I said I'm not saying he can't get scholarship definitely he can but on what *cap*? They did not tell us the cap it was used for him for everyone to understand but you are damn here analysing what is not your problem. Do they mentioned they applied for it? Do they mentioned Havard etc you mentioned pls be sensible and reason with your brain, stop using panadol for another person headache. That was how my vulcanizer who is Arsena fan was telling me how many pairs of shoes Aubayang has and how many trousers he has and this Abdul an aboki never leave Abuja in his entire life nor even has a good phone to browse and I don't know where did he met Aubayang of Arsena.

Good day.
Re: Ololade Akinsanya, MC Oluomo’s Son Graduated As The Best, "Gets $2.7" by Bolognese: 3:08pm On Jun 23, 2019
5 from where? Was 5 mentioned anywhere in the news shared by the OP, or you wanted them to list all the Unis he applied to? Me wey school for Naija, I applied to over 10 schools, not to talk of a kid that did his high school there? Just congratulate the intelligent chap and move on.

You initially claimed the combined scholarship for an Individual isn't up to that, claiming it's roughly N1B, now you've changed it to the other guy applied to 44 Unis.

partnerbizz5:

The dude in your link got offers from 44 colleges against 5 here.

We aren't saying he can't get offers, all we are saying is that it isn't upto 2.7m

If you can't show credible source for that, then forget it.
Re: Ololade Akinsanya, MC Oluomo’s Son Graduated As The Best, "Gets $2.7" by sagieramos(m): 3:08pm On Jun 23, 2019
safarigirl:

Considering all the people this man has killed, maimed, made homeless, orphaned, widowed, and yet, good things are happening to him and his family, yet, una go talk say e get one karma wey go visit am.

Nothing like that, this world is not for good people o, no siddon dey form good person, e no dey pay. The ruthless run the world, while good people pray for better lots.

We know that we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one
1 John 5:19

1 Do not envy evil men, And do not crave their company, 2 For their heart meditates on violence,And their lips speak of trouble
Proverb 24

Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more; You will look at where they were, And they will not be there.
Ps 37:10

1 Like

Re: Ololade Akinsanya, MC Oluomo’s Son Graduated As The Best, "Gets $2.7" by Bolognese: 3:14pm On Jun 23, 2019
Oga if you took your time to read the article you won’t be sounding this pained. If truly you have kids in the states, unless maybe they’ve not gotten to college level, you should know nobody will call you and dash you Scholarship. You apply for it from High School at the point of entry, and you’re either given full, half or you sponsor yourself via student loans or the likes.

And yes they mentioned he got a full ride to Harvard but he opted for MIT.

Congratulate the guy and move on, and quit this your I better pass my neighbor attitude!

jrusky:

Are you alright? Didn't you read what I said? I said I'm not saying he can't get scholarship definitely he can but on what *cap*? They did not tell us the cap it was used for him for everyone to understand but you are damn here analysing what is not your problem. Do they mentioned they applied for it? Do they mentioned Havard etc you mentioned pls be sensible and reason with your brain, stop using panadol for another person headache. That was how my vulcanizer who is Arsena fan was telling me how many pairs of shoes Aubayang has and how many trousers he has and this Abdul an aboki never leave Abuja in his entire life nor even has a good phone to browse and I don't know where did he met Aubayang of Arsena.

Good day.

1 Like

Re: Ololade Akinsanya, MC Oluomo’s Son Graduated As The Best, "Gets $2.7" by deomelo: 3:16pm On Jun 23, 2019
swiperthefox:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9693199_sss_pngcf1f1dd69c7f5344379abd05bb3cf438

Clayton State University
Peer Tutor

December, 2017 - May, 2019
COMPANY
Clayton State University
TITLE
Peer Tutor
Georgia Tech Research Institute
Intern

December, 2017 - December, 2018

https://www.wayup.com/profile/Ololade-Abdulai-766bb38d57/

He obviously was or is still a tutor at Clayton sate UNI and he also interned at Georgia Tech Research Institute, one of the best research UNI in the world.

The young man is very talented and extra gifted

1 Like

Re: Ololade Akinsanya, MC Oluomo’s Son Graduated As The Best, "Gets $2.7" by jrusky(m): 3:22pm On Jun 23, 2019
Bolognese:
Oga if you took your time to read the article you won’t be sounding this pained. If truly you have kids in the states, unless maybe they’ve not gotten to college level, you should know nobody will call you and dash you Scholarship. You apply for it from High School at the point of entry, and you’re either given full, half or you sponsor yourself via student loans or the likes.

And yes they mentioned he got a full ride to Harvard but he opted for MIT.

Congratulate the guy and move on, and quit this your I better pass my neighbor attitude!

There is nothing like pain in this we are trying to verify something. Pls why taking another person issue too personal. Pls keep off I don't care they paid or gave him $100m good luck to him ok. So just keep off. I'm too busy to be talking about anything Oluomo ok.

Pls stay your lane seriously stay your lane. Good day.

1 Like

Re: Ololade Akinsanya, MC Oluomo’s Son Graduated As The Best, "Gets $2.7" by PeachtreeReside(f): 3:22pm On Jun 23, 2019
You invested in Yoruba actresses instead....
Re: Ololade Akinsanya, MC Oluomo’s Son Graduated As The Best, "Gets $2.7" by INTEGRITYA1(m): 3:23pm On Jun 23, 2019
safarigirl:

You must have be under the influence of your mood when commenting. I only guess oooo. Congratulations to the fellow though, but it's always good to be good and do good.
Re: Ololade Akinsanya, MC Oluomo’s Son Graduated As The Best, "Gets $2.7" by Mayflowa(m): 3:24pm On Jun 23, 2019
deomelo:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9689389_aaaaa_jpegaf388f0917851c4539c767d08eabaf49

Full ride scholarship to MIT is no beans.

Very proud of this young man and his parents.

The boy is good no doubt. The MIT is true but why lie with the money. Which scolarship is worth $2.7m?

1 Like

Re: Ololade Akinsanya, MC Oluomo’s Son Graduated As The Best, "Gets $2.7" by guynextdoor(m): 3:37pm On Jun 23, 2019
bigkahuna704:
Lol. If your only investments are your children, then I'm sorry for your later years.
My dear, you're absolutely right on that one o! It really got me thinking about setting up solid investments for my later(old) days 'cos children can choose to Bleep one up, especially if they get entangled to the wrong spouses.
Re: Ololade Akinsanya, MC Oluomo’s Son Graduated As The Best, "Gets $2.7" by Gazzy88(m): 3:43pm On Jun 23, 2019
safarigirl:

Karma isn't a farce. Have you heard of the popular thug in the 80s called adé success? Go and look at his children's welfare currently. You will be convinced that karma is still a bitch. What goes around comes around. If oluomo has truly caused many family pains, I can bet you that he will be served accordily when the time comes. You think you can fool God abi?
Re: Ololade Akinsanya, MC Oluomo’s Son Graduated As The Best, "Gets $2.7" by Bolognese: 3:44pm On Jun 23, 2019
Busy my left buttocks!... If you're busy you won't be disputing this claim that is achievable.

What exactly do you want to verify? You want to verify because of who his father is? I'm not a fan of the dad, but cut the kid some slack!

The elite student was the Valedictorian (that's if you know the meaning) in his school, had the Highest SAT scores of all the Seniors in his School, got admitted to Harvard, MIT, and others to study Chemical Engineering, got full ride scholarships to Harvard and MIT and others, but opted for MIT, yet you still want to verify? are you WES that you want to verify this?

He wasn't paid any kobo, if that's what you're jealous of, it's a scholarship not chop money! He's going to MIT, so MIT will take care of his tuition, accommodation, feeding and books, till graduation!

PS: This is a public forum, if you don't want anyone replying you, then quit commenting on threads!

jrusky:

There is nothing like pain in this we are trying to verify something. Pls why taking another person issue too personal. Pls keep off I don't care they paid or gave him $100m good luck to him ok. So just keep off. I'm too busy to be talking about anything Oluomo ok.

Pls stay your lane seriously stay your lane. Good day.
Re: Ololade Akinsanya, MC Oluomo’s Son Graduated As The Best, "Gets $2.7" by deomelo: 3:46pm On Jun 23, 2019
Mayflowa:

The boy is good no doubt. The MIT is true but why lie with the money. Which scolarship is worth $2.7m?

I won't label anything lies because such scholarships awards are a collection or combination of awards from many colleges.

...besides, of what relevance is the trivial and needless headache over lies and the amount of the scholarships when in fact the story and what we should be celebrating is the young mans accomplishments.

2 Likes

Re: Ololade Akinsanya, MC Oluomo’s Son Graduated As The Best, "Gets $2.7" by ManTiger(m): 3:47pm On Jun 23, 2019
TheFacelessMan:
Whether he's a NURTW staff and/or political thug...

I know for a fact that Johns Hopkins has like 63,000 dollars in tuition for a course i wanted to do.

63,000 x 4 = 252,000. Even if they give you an extra 252k as living expenses which is impossibly generous.... it would just be over $500k in total!

He couldn't have gotten a research grant that lucrative. That's the size of a large scale grant for an NGO working in a Nigerian State for 3-4 years. I KNOW wink

You get sense die, $2.7m is no beans, I wanted to say this but I no get time to dey explain

1 Like

Re: Ololade Akinsanya, MC Oluomo’s Son Graduated As The Best, "Gets $2.7" by Mbsuxces: 3:49pm On Jun 23, 2019
Most people are not Rational... Am happy you are reasonably Rational... Am happy for the boy but all na exaggerated stunts... ABEG bro enlighten them more. Whether he's a NURTW staff and/or political thug...

[/quote]
Re: Ololade Akinsanya, MC Oluomo’s Son Graduated As The Best, "Gets $2.7" by SLOVFO(m): 3:51pm On Jun 23, 2019
safarigirl:

It's unfortunate that we humans always dwell on what the temporal and forget about eternity. Someday most of the things we hold dear today will amount to nothing tomorrow. Life isn't all about passing exams. There are more. The wicked will surely get served some day.
Re: Ololade Akinsanya, MC Oluomo’s Son Graduated As The Best, "Gets $2.7" by jrusky(m): 3:52pm On Jun 23, 2019
Bolognese:
Busy my left buttocks!... If you're busy you won't be disputing this claim that is achievable.

What exactly do you want to verify? You want to verify because of who his father is? I'm not a fan of the dad, but cut the kid some slack!

The elite student was the Valedictorian (that's if you know the meaning) in his school, had the Highest SAT scores of all the Seniors in his School, got admitted to Harvard, MIT, and others to study Chemical Engineering, got full ride scholarships to Harvard and MIT and others, but opted for MIT, yet you still want to verify? are you WES that you want to verify this?

He wasn't paid any kobo, if that's what you're jealous of, it's a scholarship not chop money! He's going to MIT, so MIT will take care of his tuition, accommodation, feeding and books, till graduation!

PS: This is a public forum, if you don't want anyone replying you, then quit commenting on threads!

Ok. A hand of applause for you. Guess you are happy now bah?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

DSS Operatives Produce IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu In Court / Former Pres. Goodluck Jonathan Spotted At Bank In Abuja (photo) / More Statues That Will Be Unveiled By Rochas Okorocha (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.