Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,985 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

Oyo: Ajimobi Warns Makinde - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo: Ajimobi Warns Makinde (18156 Views)

Don’t Demonise Sunday Igboho, Akintola Warns Makinde / Oyo: Ajimobi Reacts As PDP’s Makinde Maintains Lead / Congress Fallout: APC Shocks Tinubu, Ajimobi, Kwankwaso, Dogara, Amaechi, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyo: Ajimobi Warns Makinde by Ify05: 7:54am On Jun 23, 2019
Former Governor of Oyo State, Abiola Ajimobi, has told his successor, Gov. Seyi Makinde, to stop looking at mundane issues.

Ajimobi, at a reception organised for him by Ibadan Elders Forum on Saturday, said that the state could not afford to go back in terms of development, NAN reports.

“I pray that Makinde succeeds as governor of the state. It is in our interest that he should succeed.

“We have raised the bar of governance in this state and can’t afford to see it go down again.

“I heard them say that members of our cabinet carted away government cars. We have served and left. He should stop looking at mundane issues,” he said.

The former governor said that those he worked with during his time did not profess themselves to be perfect, urging the new governor to build on their success in the interest of the citizenry.

Ajimobi said his administration met the state in bricks and left it in marbles, urging Ajimobi to be a progressive governor.

“He must build and not demolish. He must correct and not destroy. We must not return to the era of brigandage.

“We know the dual carriage roads we built can’t be returned to single lane and the bridges we have constructed cannot be pulled down. We have taken Oyo to greater heights and it must not go down.

“Every journey begins with a step and it ends with a step. We did not achieve perfection but achieved successes,” Ajimobi said.

The former governor commended the Ibadan Elders’ Forum, saying it was the promoter and sustainer of whatever successes his administration achieved.

He apologised to all those he might have offended during his administration.

“We can’t do things the same way; otherwise I will not be me. Whoever I have offended should forgive me, and I have forgiven those who offended me too,” he said.

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/oyo-ajimobi-warns-makinde/

9 Likes

Re: Oyo: Ajimobi Warns Makinde by babdap: 8:43am On Jun 23, 2019
Constituted Authority

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyo: Ajimobi Warns Makinde by hisexcellency34: 4:57pm On Jun 23, 2019
This rogue is still talking. Why is Makinde afraid to probe him?

17 Likes

Re: Oyo: Ajimobi Warns Makinde by kwyllancy: 4:57pm On Jun 23, 2019
Ok
Re: Oyo: Ajimobi Warns Makinde by unapologetic77: 4:57pm On Jun 23, 2019
Bleep u

5 Likes

Re: Oyo: Ajimobi Warns Makinde by dayleke: 4:58pm On Jun 23, 2019
Iro nla!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Oyo: Ajimobi Warns Makinde by Omotajo1: 4:58pm On Jun 23, 2019
Omi titun ride on

3 Likes

Re: Oyo: Ajimobi Warns Makinde by seguno2: 4:58pm On Jun 23, 2019
“I heard them say that members of our cabinet carted away government cars. We have served and left. He should stop looking at mundane issues,” he said.

Is that how the APC people fight corruption

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oyo: Ajimobi Warns Makinde by dante0147: 4:59pm On Jun 23, 2019
Lol old fool!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo: Ajimobi Warns Makinde by Hienna(m): 5:00pm On Jun 23, 2019
Funny
Re: Oyo: Ajimobi Warns Makinde by Livefreeordieha(m): 5:00pm On Jun 23, 2019
Ify05:
Former Governor of Oyo State, Abiola Ajimobi, has told his successor, Gov. Seyi Makinde, to stop looking at mundane issues.

Ajimobi, at a reception organised for him by Ibadan Elders Forum on Saturday, said that the state could not afford to go back in terms of development, NAN reports.

“I pray that Makinde succeeds as governor of the state. It is in our interest that he should succeed.

“We have raised the bar of governance in this state and can’t afford to see it go down again.

The former governor said that those he worked with during his time did not profess themselves to be perfect, urging the new governor to build on their success in the interest of the citizenry.

Ajimobi said his administration met the state in bricks and left it in marbles, urging Ajimobi to be a progressive governor.

“He must build and not demolish. He must correct and not destroy. We must not return to the era of brigandage.

“We know the dual carriage roads we built can’t be returned to single lane and the bridges we have constructed cannot be pulled down. We have taken Oyo to greater heights and it must not go down.

“Every journey begins with a step and it ends with a step. We did not achieve perfection but achieved successes,” Ajimobi said.

The former governor commended the Ibadan Elders’ Forum, saying it was the promoter and sustainer of whatever successes his administration achieved.

“We can’t do things the same way; otherwise I will not be me. Whoever I have offended should forgive me, and I have forgiven those who offended me too,” he said.

lol@mundane issues

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyo: Ajimobi Warns Makinde by TundeeednuT: 5:01pm On Jun 23, 2019
Gimme that lolly pop
Re: Oyo: Ajimobi Warns Makinde by seanwilliam(m): 5:01pm On Jun 23, 2019
dnt confuse and convince makinde. he's a grown up man!
Re: Oyo: Ajimobi Warns Makinde by funmike83(f): 5:01pm On Jun 23, 2019
This man still has the guts to still talk after all he did to oyo pple. Very arrogant soul , Foolish constituted authority that thinks he will never leave power. With or without you, makinde will succeed. Elenu yomoyomo

2 Likes

Re: Oyo: Ajimobi Warns Makinde by jomoh: 5:02pm On Jun 23, 2019
Ok thank you
Re: Oyo: Ajimobi Warns Makinde by Pearlyakin(m): 5:02pm On Jun 23, 2019
This thief sef is talking, he destroyed almost every road claiming he wants to rebuild it.
No any track record except the single lane fly over that he built at mokola yet Ogun state double lane fly over doesn't cost up to that amount.
Re: Oyo: Ajimobi Warns Makinde by Atom007(m): 5:03pm On Jun 23, 2019
The problem is one Mr Ajimobi Abiola talk too much and one Mr Seyi Makinde is eager to impress d masses that he can deliver. Wishing u guys all d best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyo: Ajimobi Warns Makinde by aremuforlife(m): 5:05pm On Jun 23, 2019
The best advice a predecessor to a successor

Build on the success of your predecessor because no body is perfect

2 Likes

Re: Oyo: Ajimobi Warns Makinde by MetaPhysical: 5:10pm On Jun 23, 2019
hisexcellency34:
This rogue is still talking. Why is Makinde afraid to probe him?

Oyo State should focus on improving lives of its citizens and Yorubaland at large. We are not interested in probes in SW. Our goal is development and forward growth. We should set correction....but probe is out of the question.

3 Likes

Re: Oyo: Ajimobi Warns Makinde by Flier: 5:10pm On Jun 23, 2019
Pearlyakin:
This thief sef is talking, he destroyed almost every road claiming he wants to rebuild it.
No any track record except the single lane fly over that he built at mokola yet Ogun state double lane fly over doesn't cost up to that amount.
It seems you don’t know what you are saying,Ajimobi really tried no doubt about it
Probably the best since 1999

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo: Ajimobi Warns Makinde by buchilino(m): 5:15pm On Jun 23, 2019
seguno2:

Is that how the APC people fight corruption

GOOD QUESTION. MEANWHILE EFCC N ICPC HAVE GONE BLIND

1 Like

Re: Oyo: Ajimobi Warns Makinde by buchilino(m): 5:17pm On Jun 23, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Oyo State should focus on improving lives of its citizens and Yorubaland at large. We are not interested in probes in SW. Our goal is development and forward growth. We should set correction....but probe is out of the question.

PLZ TELL ME DAT NOT ALL SW PPLE REASON LIKE U

3 Likes

Re: Oyo: Ajimobi Warns Makinde by abeebaty: 5:27pm On Jun 23, 2019
Definitely what had beginning must had ended,
Re: Oyo: Ajimobi Warns Makinde by itsme01: 5:34pm On Jun 23, 2019
cool

Ajumobi should just keep his distance so they don't blame him.. lets see if anyone can lead oyo state without been brutally blunt and iron fisted...
Re: Oyo: Ajimobi Warns Makinde by itsme01: 5:38pm On Jun 23, 2019
Pearlyakin:

Say what you know oga, Oyo peoples issue with Ajimubi was his arrogance, in terms of development only Bola ige out performed him.

Challenge road, ijokodo, ologueru , iworoad, airport alakia, gate, basorun are visible to even the imbecillles,

not to talk of his ajumose #50 busses

or how clean he made Oyo

. Or his new markets.

Or his New TechU university

What of securities with opreation burst that sent NURTW thugs into slumber

Or Malls

His crime was asking Irresponsible parents to pay 1000 na per term which is #8 daily and not drink ogogoro with money that could help fix their childrens education. The money goes to the school managing board of parents/teachers/old students as member and incase of damages or repair the State Government provides counterpart fund.

Other crime was telling lautech gboys and slay queens that Oyo cant spend 40% of our allocation on them, that their school must account for its internally generated revenue through acceptance fees, PGD fees, Predegree fee and teaching hospital fees, or the students would have to pay the amount other state university pays.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyo: Ajimobi Warns Makinde by samwash(m): 5:39pm On Jun 23, 2019
Pearlyakin:

Are u sure of what you are saying ?
Do you stay in Ibadan ?, or you are claiming ''them say'' ?
Oya mention the roads you claim he destroyed?

5 Likes

Re: Oyo: Ajimobi Warns Makinde by yesloaded: 5:46pm On Jun 23, 2019
Coming from a man who destroyed educational system in Oyo state while his kids study abroad?

This man is an embarrassment to the people of Oyo state and he should please let us concentrate on better thing

1 Like

Re: Oyo: Ajimobi Warns Makinde by RemiOAjayi: 5:47pm On Jun 23, 2019
Ify05:

Man of peace to the core. God bless Ajumobi ... The stage is set let makinde perform and stop doing politics of bitterness that era is gone... We are progressive for the sake of our state.

3 Likes

Re: Oyo: Ajimobi Warns Makinde by kolnel: 5:48pm On Jun 23, 2019
Bunch of jokers

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obaseki: Pastor Adeboye Told Me I Will Overcome, I will Win / Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? / Who Is The Best First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.