Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Super Falcons Protest Unpaid Bonuses At WWC, Refuse To Leave Hotel In France - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Falcons Protest Unpaid Bonuses At WWC, Refuse To Leave Hotel In France (41986 Views)

2023 WWC: Nnadozie Wins Woman Of The Match In Super Falcons’ Draw Against Canada / WAFCON 2022: Nigeria Squad Still Waiting For Unpaid Bonuses And Allowances / AFCON 2019: Super Eagles Protest Over Unpaid Bonuses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Falcons Protest Unpaid Bonuses At WWC, Refuse To Leave Hotel In France by Angelfrost(m): 1:10pm On Jun 23, 2019
Sometimes, I wonder why they even bother or try... History has shown we never appreciate our own. They give their all for the honour of the nation, and we treat them the way we will never dare treat expatriates...

Rashidi Yekini, Stephen Keshi would shake their heads even in the grave...

When the talented ones choose other nations over us, we cuss them out as traitors... Why are we hopelessly sadistic and hypocritical?

I would have attacked this near clueless regime, but the comments I have read here so far, even from people I thought intelligent enough, have left me speechless in shock... We truly deserve Buhari. Tueh!!!

Thank God for smart ones like Tammy Abraham, Dele Alli, Okaka, etc that were smart enough to reject playing for this ungrateful shithole. undecided
Re: Super Falcons Protest Unpaid Bonuses At WWC, Refuse To Leave Hotel In France by ubcandid(m): 1:10pm On Jun 23, 2019
Hangulsaram:

How much is their salary? Show with evidence.

Just google it. Musa earns close to or above $250,000 per week at Saudi Arabia. Ighalo's last deal at his relegated club was 175,000 (euros or pounds - I can't recall) he has a new club now in Shanghai shenshua and given he was the second highest goal scorer, it's bound to be more. I know this because the first time a Chinese club came for ighalo, the money offered him was 350,000(euros or pounds) per week and he turned it down while at watford which pissed me off.
Re: Super Falcons Protest Unpaid Bonuses At WWC, Refuse To Leave Hotel In France by ubcandid(m): 1:13pm On Jun 23, 2019
Angelfrost:
Sometimes, I wonder why they even bother or try... History has shown we never appreciate our own. They give their all for the honour of the nation, and we treat them the way we will never dare treat expatriates...

Rashidi Yekini, Stephen Keshi would shake their heads even in the grave...

When the talented ones choose other nations over us, we cuss them out as traitors... Why are we hopelessly sadistic and hypocritical?

I would have attacked this near clueless regime, but the comments I have read here so far, even from people I thought intelligent enough, have left me speechless in shock... We truly deserve Buhari. Tueh!!!

Thank God for smart ones like Tammy Abraham, Dele Alli, Okaka, etc that were smart enough to reject playing for this ungrateful shithole. undecided

Okaka would be regretting his national career choice of Italy because he has no name there. Abraham that should have been a starter at the World Cup is still struggling for shirt with fellow "dunce" solanke in the U21. Solanke is even going into extinction.
Re: Super Falcons Protest Unpaid Bonuses At WWC, Refuse To Leave Hotel In France by ubcandid(m): 1:15pm On Jun 23, 2019
Hangulsaram:

How much is their salary? Show with evidence.

Mikel was earning 150,000 pounds per week at China - playing as a central defender though. Olympic Marseille were spoilt to sign him only on an agreement of a reduced wage to 60,000 pounds and he rejected it for China.
Re: Super Falcons Protest Unpaid Bonuses At WWC, Refuse To Leave Hotel In France by Angelfrost(m): 1:16pm On Jun 23, 2019
ubcandid:

Okaka would be regretting his national career choice of Italy because he has no name there. Abraham that should have been a starter at the World Cup is still struggling for shirt with fellow "dunce" solanke in the U21. Solanke is even going into extinction.

Doesn't matter... They won't be in such "dire" situations if we invested in our sports, and remunerated our sportsmen properly.

Patriotism and Passion are good, but they don't pay one's bills.
Re: Super Falcons Protest Unpaid Bonuses At WWC, Refuse To Leave Hotel In France by cjbaba2011: 1:20pm On Jun 23, 2019
Re: Super Falcons Protest Unpaid Bonuses At WWC, Refuse To Leave Hotel In France by Badgers14: 1:22pm On Jun 23, 2019
Joshmodest:
.I don't want to play the devil's advocate here , but it's only Nigeria we keep hearing all this kind of news , players complaining about being owed allowances , even the senior male team complain about this all the time....
Despite the fact Nigeria doesn't deserve it , Patriotism is a very key word in country's development....Ronaldo plays for Portugal , tell me how much exactly do you think they pay him , yet he puts in all his energy into playing for them , you shouldn't be earning match bonuses , before playing for your country.
if Nigeria had a proper setting ,and if they respect thier players both past and present well , putting on the green Jersey is more than any amount , the federation can give !!
Notwithstanding the NFF should pay this girls , cos they set this precedent , of if u win we give you ____ , now let them dance to thier music !

Ronaldo plays his heart out because Portugal never owes him money or bonuses.

Have you ever worked in a job that your employer owed you salary or never pays you on time... how was your performance??

Then compare that to your experience in a job where all your money enter your akant on time, how was your performance.

1 Like

Re: Super Falcons Protest Unpaid Bonuses At WWC, Refuse To Leave Hotel In France by Crystalmero: 1:24pm On Jun 23, 2019
Honestly speaking, Nigeria needs shutdown for maintenance... pay these girls their money
Re: Super Falcons Protest Unpaid Bonuses At WWC, Refuse To Leave Hotel In France by ubcandid(m): 1:25pm On Jun 23, 2019
Angelfrost:

Doesn't matter... They won't be in such "dire" situations if we invested in our sports, and remunerated our sportsmen properly.

I Agree with you. Management is messing up our system here. I was surprised when I saw ademola lookman in Lagos and was told dude comes into the country to visit his grandmum and he is still clamouring on playing for England. I thought his roots were far, it just shows that these guys feel Nigeria doesn't have much to offer them in the large picture. Tammy's case was what pissed me off most, dude has the opportunity to retire ighalo and he is looking at topping 9 from a.young and sound Harry Kane.
I know a similar management situation forced victor Moses out but these guys need to be circumspect when selecting the nation they choose to represent.
Re: Super Falcons Protest Unpaid Bonuses At WWC, Refuse To Leave Hotel In France by cjbaba2011: 1:25pm On Jun 23, 2019
Re: Super Falcons Protest Unpaid Bonuses At WWC, Refuse To Leave Hotel In France by helphelp: 1:30pm On Jun 23, 2019
VeeVeeMyLuv:
you are wicked! it is people like you that will owe workers 18k per month salary for 36 months when you become governor. Hitler kind. Allowance should be paid notwithstanding the performance.

And you agree it should be paid in hotel rooms.
Re: Super Falcons Protest Unpaid Bonuses At WWC, Refuse To Leave Hotel In France by EmekaBlue(m): 1:33pm On Jun 23, 2019
Mk12:

ordega in China earn more than oshola.
the average yearly pay of a female footballer in Europe is £24k/year according to BBC recent analysis which is less than what some male youth players earn weekly.

the highest paid female footballer is ballon score winner Ada Hagerberg . she earn £360k/year less than what the likes of hazard earn weekly.

male players earn 100 times more than the female one but we still see case of bonus dispute between players and countries.
the Cameroon players refused to leave for afcon until Friday because of pay dispute
Nice info
Re: Super Falcons Protest Unpaid Bonuses At WWC, Refuse To Leave Hotel In France by godwinony(m): 1:35pm On Jun 23, 2019
It'll be a strange year/tournament when one African team do not protest allowance and unpaid benefits. embarassed
Re: Super Falcons Protest Unpaid Bonuses At WWC, Refuse To Leave Hotel In France by pek(m): 1:41pm On Jun 23, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Is that why they decided to lost the match?
Is that why you decided to murder English?
Re: Super Falcons Protest Unpaid Bonuses At WWC, Refuse To Leave Hotel In France by frugal(m): 1:47pm On Jun 23, 2019
safarigirl:
After dem lose woefully, next thing na to dey protest wages dem sabi.

Na so their younger brothers, those Flying Eagles do. Useless teams that go to the world stage to chop beating, na dem dey give wahala pass
How do you expect any of them to perform well when the management is so bleeped up to the extent that they have to always wait for a protest before settling what's duely owed to players?
And please don't tell me "country first". These monies are already budgeted and available. And there are guidelines and timelines for paying them. They never do. And then you expect to get a 100% from players? Not happening. I can't kill myself for you when you obviously don't give a shit about me.
Re: Super Falcons Protest Unpaid Bonuses At WWC, Refuse To Leave Hotel In France by RexTramadol1: 1:48pm On Jun 23, 2019
Badgers14:

Ronaldo plays his heart out because Portugal never owes him money or bonuses.

Have you ever worked in a job that your employer owed you salary or never pays you on time... how was your performance??

Then compare that to your experience in a job where all your money enter your akant on time, how was your performance.

Lol what will you say of Samuel Eto'o, Didier Drogba and Yaya Toure who used their own money to raise team morale?

There are certain players who don't depend on match allowances from their national side because it's a thing of pride to dorn the National jersey

It's different at club level cos it's on a basis of contract which can be increased or reduced

In country, it's a uniform pay and usually meagre
Re: Super Falcons Protest Unpaid Bonuses At WWC, Refuse To Leave Hotel In France by Angelfrost(m): 1:51pm On Jun 23, 2019
ubcandid:

I Agree with you. Management is messing up our system here. I was surprised when I saw ademola lookman in Lagos and was told dude comes into the country to visit his grandmum and he is still clamouring on playing for England. I thought his roots were far, it just shows that these guys feel Nigeria doesn't have much to offer them in the large picture. Tammy's case was what pissed me off most, dude has the opportunity to retire ighalo and he is looking at topping 9 from a.young and sound Harry Kane.
I know a similar management situation forced victor Moses out but these guys need to be circumspect when selecting the nation they choose to represent.

We are saying the same thing... Countries that take sports, especially football, seriously don't joke with players' welfare and remuneration.

If some of our sports people tell you what our sports ministry puts them through during international competitions, you will advise them to look elsewhere... It's a sham. Some years back, some athletes were abandoned at the overseas airport without flight tickets... Another time, they spent hours outside the hotel in the cold due to poor arrangements... These are not occasional or isolated incidents, but a norm.

How much will it cost this government to pay the agreed allowances of these players? Will it bankrupt the nation?... Yet we spend 10 times that amount on presidential frivolities.

Maybe, we should stop participating in these sporting activities. Let it be clear we are no longer a sporting nation.

Guy, I'm tired of all these protracted nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Super Falcons Protest Unpaid Bonuses At WWC, Refuse To Leave Hotel In France by ChristoBam: 1:58pm On Jun 23, 2019
safarigirl:

Na so their younger brothers, those Flying Eagles do. Useless teams that go to the world stage to chop beating, na dem dey give wahala pass

You're very wicked. It's only Nigerians that will say dumb shut like this. They owe them their allowance for matches played YES or NO? So because they chop beating make them no collect allowance abi
The families of most of them might be banking on them for survival. Not all of them play for big clubs.
So if your younger sister dey among them, you go talk that shit you typed up there?
Re: Super Falcons Protest Unpaid Bonuses At WWC, Refuse To Leave Hotel In France by ChristoBam: 2:01pm On Jun 23, 2019
helphelp:
As bad as it seems not to pay their bonuses. It's a shame the monetary aspect is also much more important to these girls than winning...

Who told you it's more important?

Did you really expect them to win against Germany?

It's like competing with an Harvard Law school graduate for a job. There's nothing you can do. They tried their best.

Nigerians are heartless people sha. I wasn't expecting these kinds of comments.
Re: Super Falcons Protest Unpaid Bonuses At WWC, Refuse To Leave Hotel In France by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 2:04pm On Jun 23, 2019
Angelfrost:

we are not talking about salary here, we are talking about chinkinin bonuses and allowances, still yet they can't pay.

The many people here justifying the delay or non payment are sick and insane. They need deliverance.
Re: Super Falcons Protest Unpaid Bonuses At WWC, Refuse To Leave Hotel In France by Guadiol104(m): 2:07pm On Jun 23, 2019
E be like say u just wake up from coma, cup wey them don loose already
habeeb246:
Make them bring cup or nothing

Re: Super Falcons Protest Unpaid Bonuses At WWC, Refuse To Leave Hotel In France by Aiyk2333: 2:15pm On Jun 23, 2019
Joshmodest:
.I don't want to play the devil's advocate here , but it's only Nigeria we keep hearing all this kind of news , players complaining about being owed allowances , even the senior male team complain about this all the time....
Despite the fact Nigeria doesn't deserve it , Patriotism is a very key word in country's development....Ronaldo plays for Portugal , tell me how much exactly do you think they pay him , yet he puts in all his energy into playing for them , you shouldn't be earning match bonuses , before playing for your country.
if Nigeria had a proper setting ,and if they respect thier players both past and present well , putting on the green Jersey is more than any amount , the federation can give !!
Notwithstanding the NFF should pay this girls , cos they set this precedent , of if u win we give you ____ , now let them dance to thier music !

what do you even know about patriotism, why u bringing a Ronaldo story to an African setting.. how much do they earn club wise!? how much do u think there is in women's football!!! So they should play for pride and then NFF should eat thier money. The latest hotel brouhaha means the governing board ain't doing well. people like you would help someone push a car and still demand for any any.. pay them their money, accumulated for years simple. Just came here to display your inferiority. why must you compare everything here to a white man
Re: Super Falcons Protest Unpaid Bonuses At WWC, Refuse To Leave Hotel In France by Mogajunior(m): 2:27pm On Jun 23, 2019
safarigirl:

Can you kick football? no matter how good or woefully they performed, They deserve to be paid their full wages..
Re: Super Falcons Protest Unpaid Bonuses At WWC, Refuse To Leave Hotel In France by ChristoBam: 2:38pm On Jun 23, 2019
Mogajunior:
Can you kick football? no matter how good or woefully they performed, They deserve to be paid their full wages..

Thank you o. Nigerians now see it as a normal thing to be owed salaries.
Re: Super Falcons Protest Unpaid Bonuses At WWC, Refuse To Leave Hotel In France by pacespot(m): 2:44pm On Jun 23, 2019
with the way these women are being owed bonuses and arrears by the sports federation, if foreign national teams promised to pay them double or even triple the amount they are being owed just to concede a match to them, tell me why they wouldn't consider the offer. from down to top, everything is fvcked in this country.
Re: Super Falcons Protest Unpaid Bonuses At WWC, Refuse To Leave Hotel In France by Mimirabelle4: 2:49pm On Jun 23, 2019
safarigirl:

Probably this was why they played woefully. Let's cut these girls some slack, the NFF are really wrong to be owing them their dues. How many of their foreign counterpart experience this problem? sad
Re: Super Falcons Protest Unpaid Bonuses At WWC, Refuse To Leave Hotel In France by Sholaco: 2:50pm On Jun 23, 2019
Let them stay there, pathetic players
Re: Super Falcons Protest Unpaid Bonuses At WWC, Refuse To Leave Hotel In France by Emekus999(m): 3:31pm On Jun 23, 2019
Nigeria has a very great management issue
Re: Super Falcons Protest Unpaid Bonuses At WWC, Refuse To Leave Hotel In France by SocialJustice: 4:14pm On Jun 23, 2019
Joshmodest:

Where is it clearly stated that they should play for free , my point is you don't need to be paid , before you play for your country and play well , also citing big players like Messi and Ronaldo for example , if you think big players play for thier countries for the money , then I sincerely don't know what to say to you ...
Hazard earns millions of euros per year at Madrid , how much can Belgium pay him , if he relies on why he gets from them to survive. the only reason he plays or Belgium is for the national Honor in putting on his country's Jersey , and nothing more !
Pls limit your comments to platforms like Facebook and Eskimi. that's where you find your kind Nairaland is for highly intellectual folks ...
Omo shut up.
Re: Super Falcons Protest Unpaid Bonuses At WWC, Refuse To Leave Hotel In France by Glycosunde: 4:15pm On Jun 23, 2019
this is d only work dat dese girls r doing n so must b paid weda winning or not. Once dey retire now nobody will reason dem again even if dey av problems. I read some of u people talking about patriotism, sorry is it patriotism dat will feed dem n deir families abi u thought dey don't av expenses. doing anything for naija is just a wait of tym n naija na scam. Girls protest n collect ur money bcus u deserve it. Even others teams dat didn't av a single goal or point will still b paid let alone our girls. Pinnick n his NFF goons r becoming more irritating b dictactorial by d day
Re: Super Falcons Protest Unpaid Bonuses At WWC, Refuse To Leave Hotel In France by fergie001: 4:29pm On Jun 23, 2019
abayomilaws:

That is neocolonialism... Na we they enslave ourselves . As you rightly said, they cannot treat dennerby or rohl the way they treated Stephen keshi or omagbemi. The local coaches are not on the same salary level with foreign coaches , yet the local coaches will still be owed even though foreign coaches are being paid more. And the way they treat super falcons is very appalling compared to super eagles. I must clearly say our local coaches are better or they have achieved similar feats as the foreign coaches and super falcons successes are more than super eagles. Therefore, they should be treated equally and if not equally, fairly. Pay the Ladies.
Simple.....

Tell them to pay Nigerian coaches the same money they pay them now,na lai lai

Nonsense people.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Utd Reach Agreement With Rangnick To Become Interim Manager - The Athletic / Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help / Photo Of Muhammad Ali With His Mother! RIP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.