Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,526 members, 7,837,011 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' (3157 Views)

'I Regret Pushing My Husband To Move Us From Okota To Lekki Phase 1' - Woman / I Regret Getting Married To The Mother Of My Triplets / Hypocrisy And Nigerian Self-styled OPEN MARRIAGES. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by bukatyne(f): 9:27pm On Jun 23, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
You got a different opinion? Suit yourself!

If you think career comes first, don't bother with marriage.

You would make your husband, children and self all miserable.

4 Likes

Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by LilMissFavvy(f): 9:56pm On Jun 23, 2019
You got no right to tell me what to do or how to live my life, okay? It is possible to have a career and have a home. To me career comes first. With a partner who understands, a woman can carry both along. If you prefer marriage with no career, or marriage before career, that is your business!
bukatyne:

If you think career comes first, don't bother with marriage.

You would make your husband, children and self all miserable.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jun 23, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
You got no right to tell me what to do or how to live my life, okay? It is possible to have a career and have a home. To me career comes first. With a partner who understands, a woman can carry both along. If you prefer marriage with no career, or marriage before career, that is your business!

bitter woman we know your type

4 Likes

Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by LilMissFavvy(f): 10:08pm On Jun 23, 2019
Filthy strumpettt how happy are you and who are you trying to impress? O yeah I love my career, am not ashamed to express myself here, you can't force me to share your opinions. Idiottt!! Yes, the lady there is addressed as a ''bitter feminist'' yet look at all she achieved. Tartt!
Theglobalman:

bitter woman we know your type

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by Fountainofyouth(f): 10:41pm On Jun 23, 2019
She is a selfish, self centered, arrogant human, if you want to be only a career woman in all your existence, fine, why drag a man into marriage then regret having a son? And then you come on SM and gloat about it with no remorse or feelings, she doesn't love her husband, she only loves the fact that he loves and adores her, she doesn't love her son, she only takes him everywhere because she sees it as a duty of a mother, she is a heartless soul,

P.S she is not a feminist, feminists care about other people equally as them, this one has "only me matter" syndrome.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by liberalchick(f): 12:21am On Jun 24, 2019
Why did you say America? I was referring to the Nigerian society. Does the girl live in America? Anyways, just because you live in America doesn’t mean you can’t get influenced by Nigerian society. Your extended Nigerian family or if you live in a Nigerian community can influence your decision. Yes! Society does influence people’s decisions, in marriage, career, parenting style etc.

An armed robber (creates victims) vs A woman marrying a guy - apples and oranges. One is a crime, the other is not.

P.S I am not in support of her, yes, it’s her choice to choose career over marriage but I think she should have married a guy that shared her values and her vision, and not switch up on the poor dude after they got married.

solite3:
this is a very stupid comment, so it is society that forced you to marry even in American that is a so called free land? An arm robber can also blame society for the reason he took to stealing because sociey did not offer him a better option.

Did society point gun at you to make your decision?

All I see here is pride coupled with disdain for a husband and kid maybe the the husband begged her to marry him.

5 Likes

Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by Nobody: 3:12am On Jun 24, 2019
LordKO:

She typifies the unsubmissive woman - an emancipated (and unchecked) egoist. Her unemancipated type of person knows how to give fake submissiveness - talk about a frenemy of the highest order. In fact, an emancipated one like this is better than the unemancipated type - while her checked and balanced type can be a bliss to have by a . . . man.

She's still redeemable, but not by her servile kind of husband. Yet, she's better off with her servile husband than having either a fellow emancipated egoist or an egotistic man as husband.

this is pocohantas antibrutus you described

4 Likes

Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by Regiomontanus(m): 3:18am On Jun 24, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Lol. Stop fooling yourself. One of the sacrifices you will make if you get married is to choose family first. You can have both career and family but family comes first and the same applies to men. If career comes first for you then you have no business being married. This is just the harsh truth that stubborn feminists don't like to hear.

Nothing is free. Your choices, your responsibilities.

3 Likes

Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by Nobody: 4:14am On Jun 24, 2019
I have so many mixed feelings about this topic, I think It's better I just read & move on.
Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by cococandy(f): 5:58am On Jun 24, 2019
She’s not my definition of a feminist.
A feminist should understand equality and that at its core, it’s about fairness to all parties involved.

She got married to someone who wanted to be married knowing very well that marriage wasn’t for her. She promised him commitment that she wasn’t ready to give. She failed to disclose her goals to him to make sure he’s on the same page before saying I do. Now she’s making him pay for her decisions as if he agreed in the beginning.

And it’s not just the actions but the way she’s going about it. One question I have for her is whether she would be thrilled if the tables were turned. If not, then she can’t call herself a feminist.

I’ll probably be a student for life. sacrificing family time and all what not get to my career goal but I made sure I married someone who was on board from the beginning before saying I do.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by cococandy(f): 5:59am On Jun 24, 2019
Tell it. Her tone is even condescending to the poor guy
Fountainofyouth:
She is a selfish, self centered, arrogant human, if you want to be only a career woman in all your existence, fine, why drag a man into marriage then regret having a son? And then you come on SM and gloat about it with no remorse or feelings, she doesn't love her husband, she only loves the fact that he loves and adores her, she doesn't love her son, she only takes him everywhere because she sees it as a duty of a mother, she is a heartless soul,

P.S she is not a feminist, feminists care about other people equally as them, this one has "only me matter" syndrome.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by cococandy(f): 6:04am On Jun 24, 2019
Is this thread an opportunity for you to vent your woman hate? Or just concentrate on the issue as it applies to the poster?
genq:
This is why every man needs to MGTOW!

Another indecisive, selfish lady ruins the life of yet another SIMP who foolishly got down on one knee to marry this irrational being. After milking him dry, she decides he is no longer what she wants in her life now seeks her "independence" to wh0re around and be single again.

Woman, never forget that the wall is undefeated. You WILL age. You WILL end up lonely and you WILL regret every stupid action you have taken in your youth.

6 Likes

Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by QueenSekxy(f): 6:25am On Jun 24, 2019
MissR69:

this is pocohantas antibrutus you described
What did she do to you that you are always trolling her whenever you quote lordko?
Is she a threat to your existence on nl? Get a grip of yourself madam, you are so losing it.
undecided

4 Likes

Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by bukatyne(f): 6:46am On Jun 24, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
1. You got no right to tell me what to do or how to live my life, okay?

2. It is possible to have a career and have a home.

3. To me career comes first.

4. With a partner who understands, a woman can carry both along.

5.If you prefer marriage with no career, or marriage before career, that is your business!

1. I am not telling you what to do, I am telling you the outcome of your decision

2. There is nothing new. We have the Dora Akunyilis, Ibukun Awosika, Folorunsho Alakija, etc.

3. Refer to my previous post. You can't put career first if you want to have a successful marriage. You can however have a successful marriage with a successful career. Dora Akunyili told us she made her husband's meals specially, Ibukun same thing; Madam Folorunsho still told us she washes her husband's undies. My point? Your duty as a wife and mother comes first in that order before you talk of a career. Ditto a man. Funny how on their deathbed, NOBODY ever said they wished they worked more.

4. Now, you are talking.

5. This is not about me.

3 Likes

Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by QueenSekxy(f): 7:17am On Jun 24, 2019
bukatyne:

1. I am not telling you what to do, I am telling you the outcome of your decision

2. There is nothing new. We have the Dora Akunyilis, Ibukun Awosika, Folorunsho Alakija, etc.

3. Refer to my previous post. You can't put career first if you want to have a successful marriage. You can however have a successful marriage with a successful career. Dora Akunyili told us she made her husband's meals specially, Ibukun same thing; Madam Folorunsho still told us she washes her husband's undies. My point? Your duty as a wife and mother comes first in that order before you talk of a career. Ditto a man. Funny how on their deathbed, NOBODY ever said they wished they worked more.

4. Now, you are talking.

5. This is not about me.
You have a point actually, especially @emboldened.
Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by AmazonTopaz(f): 7:47am On Jun 24, 2019
Regiomontanus:
Lol. Stop fooling yourself. One of the sacrifices you will make if you get married is to choose family first. You can have both career and family but family comes first and the same applies to men. If career comes first for you then you have no business being married. This is just the harsh truth that stubborn feminists don't like to hear.

Nothing is free. Your choices, your responsibilities.
What if the couple decide not to start a family or almost immediately.
What if they have a maid that can tend to the kids.
Family first in what way and areas feel free to explain.
You cannot speak for everybody.

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by bukatyne(f): 8:10am On Jun 24, 2019
QueenSekxy:

You have a point actually, especially @emboldened.

Thanks
Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by crackhaus: 8:57am On Jun 24, 2019
KevinDein:

The emboldened is what genuinely annoys me. These ladies are incapable of accepting responsibility for their actions. It just has to be someone else's fault. Apparently, according to some on here, the "society" is to blame for this lady's confusions.
Society, Men, Religion, Tradition, even other women...

Like children, the list goes on and on.
Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by Regiomontanus(m): 9:22am On Jun 24, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

What if the couple decide not to start a family or almost immediately.
What if they have a maid that can tend to the kids.
Family first in what way and areas feel free to explain.
You cannot speak for everybody.
What sort of degeneracy is this? Please read my post again. If you still don't understand then that's your headache. Don't disturb me.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by AmazonTopaz(f): 9:24am On Jun 24, 2019
Regiomontanus:
What sort of degeneracy is this? Please read my post again. If you still don't understand then that's your headache. Don't disturb me.
Na you get problem undecided
Common to explain you cannot grin
Carry your headache commot tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by Nobody: 10:03am On Jun 24, 2019
cococandy:
She’s not my definition of a feminist.
A feminist should understand equality and that at its core, it’s about fairness to all parties involved.

She got married to someone who wanted to be married knowing very well that marriage wasn’t for her. She promised him commitment that she wasn’t ready to give. She failed to disclose her goals to him to make sure he’s on the same page before saying I do. Now she’s making him pay for her decisions as if he agreed in the beginning.

And it’s not just the actions but the way she’s going about it. One question I have for her is whether she would be thrilled if the tables were turned. If not, then she can’t call herself a feminist.

I’ll probably be a student for life. sacrificing family time and all what not get to my career goal but I made sure I married someone who was on board from the beginning before saying I do.

Hmm Interesting, first time in History that I would actually agree with you on anything. It's like you woke up on a good side this morning.

Cheers.
Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by crackhaus: 10:27am On Jun 24, 2019
Everyone now has their own personal definition of what feminism is and what being a feminist entails.
The other day, Kanwulia claimed feminism is subjective and the remaining herd of cattle were applauding in their collective ignorance...

How can a movement that began on a united front with one purpose, suddenly now have different meanings and be subjective to the interpretation of the different participants in that same movement?

Doesn't this go to show that the present crop of feminists are caricatures of themselves and the noble movement they claim to support?
A gathering of confusion-ists hyped on steroids.

If I say these people don't have sense now, some will begin catching feelings.

3 Likes

Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by LilMissFavvy(f): 10:32am On Jun 24, 2019
1. The outcome of my decision is my business, stop bothering.

2. Ibokun,Folorunsho, etc, are lucky with marriage because they had supportive husband's. Husband's who did not kill their careers. A WOMAN WHO PLACES HER MARRIAGE AS NUMBER 1, WHO HAS AN UNSUPPORTIVE HUSBAND MAY STILL FAIL IN HER MARRIAGE/CAREER.

3. We have women who DUMPED THEIR CAREERS, wash, cook, do laundry for their husbands, yet still got dumped by their husbands.

4. Many women who saw their careers as lesser or abandoned it, are living in abusive marriages because they are totally dependent, so why shouldn't career be placed at the tops?

5. The lady in the story talked about how she was unwilling to dump her dreams because of marriage. Her very supportive husband made it work, a man also needs a supportive wife who encourages his dreams. Take note that I am not in support of all the ladies actions in that posts.

6. What women need are supportive husband's, not husband's that want to kill their dreams, of course we are aware that the commonly seed facade in our society is a situation where women are pressured to abandon their dreams, and at the end of the day, they have neither a happy marriage nor a career. An independent lady with thriving career can still live a happy life, wether single, divorced or married.
N/B: I would appreciate if you stop quoting me, the above is the truth and my opinion, tanx.

bukatyne:

4. Now, you are talking.

5. This is not about me.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by Nobody: 10:46am On Jun 24, 2019
LilMissFavvy:

2. Ibokun,Folorunsho, etc, are lucky with marriage because they had supportive husband's. Husband's who did not kill their careers. A WOMAN WHO PLACES HER MARRIAGE AS NUMBER 1, WHO HAS AN UNSUPPORTIVE HUSBAND MAY STILL FAIL IN HER MARRIAGE/CAREER.

3. We have women who DUMPED THEIR CAREERS, wash, cook, do laundry for their husbands, yet still got dumped by their husbands.

4. Many women who saw their careers as lesser or abandoned it, are living in abusive marriages because they are totally dependent, so why shouldn't career be placed at the tops?

5. The lady in the story talked about how she was unwilling to dump her dreams because of marriage. Her very supportive husband made it work, a man also needs a supportive wife who encourages his dreams. Take note that I am not in support of all the ladies actions in that posts.

6. What women need are supportive husband's, not husband's that want to kill their dreams, of course we are aware that the commonly seed facade in our society is a situation where women are pressured to abandon their dreams, and at the end of the day, they have neither a happy marriage nor a career. An independent lady with thriving career can still live a happy life, wether single, divorced or married.
N/B: I would appreciate if you stop quoting me, the above is the truth and my opinion, tanx.

Lemme help both of you, the point of the lengthy write up argued about is summarized is follows: You can't put career first if you want to have a successful marriage.
This is true & I can concur to it, for both Men & Women, then worse for Women, Yes I know.
EOD.
Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by QueenSekxy(f): 10:51am On Jun 24, 2019
truthsayer009:

Lemme help both of you, the point of the lengthy write up argued about is summarized is follows: You can't put career first if you want to have a successful marriage.
This is true & I can concur to it, for both Men & Women, then worse for Women, Yes I know.
EOD.
I don't know why they are bickering about it.
Let her get married first. Most single ladies think it's that easy, unless she married a puppet or she doesn't marry atall.
Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by cococandy(f): 10:55am On Jun 24, 2019
Or maybe you just woke and actually started to read instead of disliking the post based on who made it. You know? wink
truthsayer009:

Hmm Interesting, first time in History that I would actually agree with you on anything. It's like you woke up on a good side this morning.

Cheers.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by AmazonTopaz(f): 11:42am On Jun 24, 2019
LilMissFavvy:

You have nailed it kiss kiss

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by ThothHermes: 2:46pm On Jun 24, 2019
crackhaus:
Everyone now has their own personal definition of what feminism is and what being a feminist entails.
The other day, Kanwulia claimed feminism is subjective and the remaining herd of cattle were applauding in their collective ignorance...

How can a movement that began on a united front with one purpose, suddenly now have different meanings and be subjective to the interpretation of the different participants in that same movement?

Doesn't this go to show that the present crop of feminists are caricatures of themselves and the noble movement they claim to support?

Dumb feminist -- Tautology cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by ThothHermes: 2:48pm On Jun 24, 2019
LilMissFavvy:

Person wey read this thing now go think say you get one better career as you dey boil.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jun 24, 2019
Many have regretted it.

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by Fountainofyouth(f): 4:47pm On Jun 24, 2019
crackhaus:

You type too much, to prove a baseless point, pretty sure you talk too much too.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jun 24, 2019
liberalchick:
Why did you say America? I was referring to the Nigerian society. Does the girl live in America? Anyways, just because you live in America doesn’t mean you can’t get influenced by Nigerian society. Your extended Nigerian family or if you live in a Nigerian community can influence your decision. Yes! Society does influence people’s decisions, in marriage, career, parenting style etc.

An armed robber (creates victims) vs A woman marrying a guy - apples and oranges. One is a crime, the other is not.

P.S I am not in support of her, yes, it’s her choice to choose career over marriage but I think she should have married a guy that shared her values and her vision, and not switch up on the poor dude after they got married.

no need for this long write up.
Maybe the husband is fine with it.

How about if a man places his job, or mother above his wife you all that are supporting her will quickly begin to condemn him.

Job or career shouldnt be above your spouse especially as a woman. If you dont sow good seeds taday you will only suffer the consequences in the future

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Baby Sleeping Positions / Re: Sexualization Of Children Is Not Cute. / Wanted Good Woman For Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.