Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' (3127 Views)

'I Regret Pushing My Husband To Move Us From Okota To Lekki Phase 1' - Woman / I Regret Getting Married To The Mother Of My Triplets / Sometimes I Regret Marrying My Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by dachilino: 1:19pm On Jun 23, 2019
A Nigerian self-styled 'bitter feminist' Florida Uzoaru, has revealed why she regrets having a child and even getting married in tweets.

According to the Nigerian feminist who revealed she regrets having a child, she knew before marriage that children weren’t her favorable thing on earth but building a career has been what she wanted and seemed to take too long and got her quite impatient.

Read her tweets below;

https://unclesuru.com/2019/06/23/i-regret-having-a-child-nigerian-self-styled-bitter-feminist/

lalasticlala, seun, mynd44, dominique

Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by biacan(f): 1:20pm On Jun 23, 2019
Awwww girl I know this can be so painful......so sorry

1 Like

Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by dachilino: 1:32pm On Jun 23, 2019
angry angry angry angry
Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by thesicilian: 1:39pm On Jun 23, 2019
At the end of your so called career life you'll see that it's all been a mirage. It's the child I pity for though, it would have been better not to be born than being born to a 'bitter feminist'.

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by KevMitnick: 1:51pm On Jun 23, 2019
I know where this road ends...regrets upon regrets. Just pray that your husband doesn't gas out eventually. Because when he does, then the demon troubling your marriage will leave you alone with the consequences of your actions. undecided
Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by TANID(m): 1:54pm On Jun 23, 2019
biacan:
Awwww girl I know this can be so painful......so sorry
Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by pocohantas(f): 1:57pm On Jun 23, 2019
I don't think she is a bitter feminist, neither do I even think it has anything to do with the Nigerian/Nairaland definition of feminism.

She was just stuck between doing what society wants and what she loves.

There are so many married women in her shoes. If you want more and for some reason, marriage, kids, location (which was induced by marriage) or ANYTHING at all is stopping it, you will be angry.

I had a conversation of this nature with my friend recently. He said, "smart people want to learn. Otherwise they feel frustrated and unfulfilled. You need to seek out people like yourself...go to where you will be stimulated."

Men do not have much of these problems. They don't carry pregnancies, they don't breastfeed, they don't have to bother about living away from home.

Anywhere they transfer them, they carry their bags and go, while the wife has to work out how to come meet him there or live away from him (with the kids). Flip the table and people will ask her how much is that job that is worth her family.

If you have to marry, marry a man who recognises your passion and how much you want it achieved. Anything less and you will end up a bitter feminist, with an innocent child paying the price.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by michlins(m): 2:01pm On Jun 23, 2019
She choose her career over family. Nothing wrong with that. You can't have it all and I really admire her strength to tell herself the truth. Some people will make their partners suffer. Right now the man can remarry and she can pursue her career and everyone will have self happiness
Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by lilmax(m): 2:04pm On Jun 23, 2019
what I see is a woman trying to figure out her life

a woman still in confusion trying to fight natural progression with her artificial strength

this is the topic feminists can't teach you grin

you can see clearly the hate she building for her father too

while the feminists at the front are having kids, marriage, the ones at the back who can't see are still confused about life

1 Like

Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by LordKO(m): 2:07pm On Jun 23, 2019
She has spoken the mind of emancipated egoists - the unchecked ones. It doesn't matter whether or not she identified with feminism and/or psychological liberalism.

16 Likes

Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by laiza(m): 2:13pm On Jun 23, 2019
pocohantas:
I don't think she is a bitter feminist, neither do I even think it has anything to do with the Nigerian/Nairaland definition of feminism.

There are so many married women in her shoes. If you want more and for some reason, marriage, kids, location (which was induced by marriage) or ANYTHING at all is stopping it, you will be angry.

I had a conversation of this nature with my friend recently. He said, "smart people want to learn. Otherwise they feel frustrated and unfulfilled. You need to seek out people like yourself...go to where you will be stimulated."

Men do not have much of these problems. They don't carry pregnancies, they don't breastfeed, they don't have to bother about living away from home.

Anywhere they transfer them, they carry their bags and go, while the wife has to work out how to come meet him there or live away from him (with the kids). Flip the table and people will ask her how much is that job that is worth her family.

If you have to marry, marry a man who recognises your passion and how much you want it achieved. Anything less and you will end up a bitter feminist, with an innocent child paying the price.
May the lord God guide you and grant you your heart desires. I see it as cheap journalism. How is that feminism? Someone is only torn between marriage and career. You can have it both if you play it well and extremely lucky. Buf it is very rare to have both, you end up losing one while chasing the other. But I'm glad she learnt her lesson before she filed for divorce.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by bukatyne(f): 2:13pm On Jun 23, 2019
If she didn't want marriage, why did she marry?

According to the OP, she knew marriage wasn't for her before meeting le boo.

The irony is that she doesn't know what she has until she loses it.

She is actually having the best of both worlds.

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by LordKO(m): 2:17pm On Jun 23, 2019
bukatyne:
If she didn't want marriage, why did she marry?

According to the OP, she knew marriage wasn't for her before meeting le boo.

The irony is that she doesn't know what she has until she loses it.

She is actually having the best of both worlds.

I concur.
Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by pocohantas(f): 2:19pm On Jun 23, 2019
laiza:
May the lord God guide you and grant you your heart desires. I see it as cheap journalism. How is that feminism? Someone is only torn between marriage and career. You can have it both if you play it well and extremely lucky. Buf it is very rare to have both, you end up losing one while chasing the other. But I'm glad she learnt her lesson before she filed for divorce.

Create a story, add it feminism and people will comment without reading.

Yes, one has to play it well and be extremely lucky. Reading further you will see the husband had to allow her enlarge her coast. There is nothing that isn't doable, it just starts with the right partner and mindset.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by liberalchick(f): 2:43pm On Jun 23, 2019
Beautiful! Well said. I love the part about the inner battle between what you love and what society wants you to love. In a society like ours, that’s one very strong battle.

pocohantas:

7 Likes

Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by sisisioge: 3:07pm On Jun 23, 2019
Dear Lord! I hope it ended well...I like the Le Boo already, hes a good man, so are you maami.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by baby124: 3:22pm On Jun 23, 2019
I feel the man is being abused in this marriage and he should let her go to be honest. She’s impulsive and selfish. She also does not fully consider the impact of her actions on her family. No one forced her to get married, it was something she wanted to do. She wanted to eat her cake and have it. Only to find that it would not be so easy with a child and husband. I feel terrible for the husband. He married a woman who didn’t know who she was or what she wanted.

One day she will wake up and decide to try something new. The husband did not seem to be against her dreams, she just didn’t want to be close to him in any way.

4 Likes

Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jun 23, 2019
na dem
Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by genq(m): 4:06pm On Jun 23, 2019
This is why every man needs to MGTOW!

Another indecisive, selfish lady ruins the life of yet another SIMP who foolishly got down on one knee to marry this irrational being. After milking him dry, she decides he is no longer what she wants in her life now seeks her "independence" to wh0re around and be single again.

Woman, never forget that the wall is undefeated. You WILL age. You WILL end up lonely and you WILL regret every stupid action you have taken in your youth.

7 Likes

Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by Suspect33(m): 4:22pm On Jun 23, 2019
This one doesn't want the responsibility that comes with marriage, she wants to be married and at the same time hoeing around, jumping from one guy to another and living an irresponsible life, all of which was jeopardized the moment she had a kid,just another lazy Nigerian girl who's blaming others for her own selfishness
Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by KevinDein: 4:28pm On Jun 23, 2019
Suspect33:
This one doesn't want the responsibility that comes with marriage, she wants to be married and at the same time hoeing around, jumping from one guy to another and living an irresponsible life, all of which was jeopardized the moment she had a kid,just another lazy Nigerian girl who's blaming others for her own selfishness
The emboldened is what genuinely annoys me. These ladies are incapable of accepting responsibility for their actions. It just has to be someone else's fault. Apparently, according to some on here, the "society" is to blame for this lady's confusions.

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by Suspect33(m): 4:33pm On Jun 23, 2019
KevinDein:

The emboldened is what genuinely annoys me. These ladies are incapable of accepting responsibility for their actions. It just has to be someone else's fault. Apparently, according to some on here, the "society" is to blame for this lady's confusions.
their biggest problem is their entitlement mentality

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by alwaysonnet: 4:37pm On Jun 23, 2019
Check out this app. Its a very good app, it helps to determine the best time to meet you spouse and conceive. It also tells when you ovulate. In fact just check out and know lots about your safe period.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.toyonnet.ovulationcalculator
Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 23, 2019
LordKO:
She has spoken the mind of emancipated egoists - the unchecked ones. It doesn't matter whether or not she identified with feminism and/or psychological liberalism.

very true

6 Likes

Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by generationz(f): 5:18pm On Jun 23, 2019
Which one is bitter feminist again

She's just a Lady who has a personality type more common with men

Always thinking about the "what if's"

I'm glad the story ended well

She married a man who understood her, who understood her personality.

That's obviously why he was so in love with her in the first place and that's why she fell in love with him

Two peas in a pod

Although, her stubbornness helped sha
grin

She's quite lucky. Its not that easy for an "unfeminine" lady in Nigeria to find a man that understands her

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jun 23, 2019
liberalchick:

Beautiful! Well said. I love the part about the inner battle between what you love and what society wants you to love. In a society like ours, that’s one very strong battle.

this is a very stupid comment, so it is society that forced you to marry even in American that is a so called free land? An arm robber can also blame society for the reason he took to stealing because sociey did not offer him a better option.

Did society point gun at you to make your decision?

All I see here is pride coupled with disdain for a husband and kid maybe the the husband begged her to marry him.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by LilMissFavvy(f): 8:38pm On Jun 23, 2019
Beauty with brains! Yes, Career comes first, every other thing comes later. Tho I feel bad you regret having your child. You can regret marrying a man, but should never regret birthing a child you carried for 9months.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by Daeylar(f): 8:57pm On Jun 23, 2019
Nigerian self styled bitter feminist? undecided
Self styled? undecided

I had to check for her Twitter account to see if she actually called herself "bitter feminist" and the account is deleted.
All these unnecessarily dramatic headlines. Just to encourage fights, feminist bashing and detract from her message. Mtcheww

Moving on.
She is just being honest.
She went through a period where she didn't want kids, got married, wanted a child had one and realised her first feelings were the true feelings, she doesn't actually want kids.
I've seen where parents admitted that they regret having kids, but that doesn't change the fact that the child is here and needs to be treated well. Which is why I love that she admitted that she chose to bring her child into this world and will do right by him.
Also love that she didn't have anymore kids especially to please her husband or save the marriage. She knew what she wanted and stuck to it.

She is doing right by her child, it's respectable.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by LordKO(m): 9:11pm On Jun 23, 2019
Goodnewsbearer:

very true

She typifies the unsubmissive woman - an emancipated (and unchecked) egoist. Her unemancipated type of person knows how to give fake submissiveness - talk about a frenemy of the highest order. In fact, an emancipated one like this is better than the unemancipated type - while her checked and balanced type can be a bliss to have by a . . . man.

She's still redeemable, but not by her servile kind of husband. Yet, she's better off with her servile husband than having either a fellow emancipated egoist or an egotistic man as husband.

9 Likes

Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by ThothHermes: 9:11pm On Jun 23, 2019
genq:
This is why every man needs to MGTOW!

Another indecisive, selfish lady ruins the life of yet another SIMP who foolishly got down on one knee to marry this irrational being. After milking him dry, she decides he is no longer what she wants in her life now seeks her "independence" to wh0re around and be single again.

Woman, never forget that the wall is undefeated. You WILL age. You WILL end up lonely and you WILL regret every stupid action you have taken in your youth.

If you know you know.

The career na smokescreen. Which yeye career? Is she building a Fortune 100 company.

Even Michelle Obama is happily married.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by bukatyne(f): 9:18pm On Jun 23, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Beauty with brains! Yes, Career comes first, every other thing comes later. Tho I feel bad you regret having your child. You can regret marrying a man, but should never regret birthing a child you carried for 9months.

Career comes first?

Hahahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: I Regret Having A Child - Nigerian Self-styled 'bitter Feminist' by LilMissFavvy(f): 9:21pm On Jun 23, 2019
You got a different opinion? Suit yourself!
bukatyne:

Career comes first?

Hahahahahahaha

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It Time To Seek Divorce ? / I Saw My 48 Year Old Aunt With One Man. / Child Labor: The 'House Help' Phenomenom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.