Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,957 members, 7,817,811 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

Lady Accuses Taxify Driver Of Assaulting Her, Police Reacts (Photos) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lady Accuses Taxify Driver Of Assaulting Her, Police Reacts (Photos) (35160 Views)

Police Officer Accuses Her Superior Of Assaulting Her For Refusing His Advances / Lady Accuses Her Boyfriend Of Duping Her Sexually And Financially In Lagos / Man Who Married 17-Year-Old Bride In Imo Reacts. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Accuses Taxify Driver Of Assaulting Her, Police Reacts (Photos) by dia4iam(m): 4:29pm On Jun 23, 2019
I know our women. She must have said some things that must have totally put the man off. BUT, he was not man enough to remember he has responsibilities at home. Now, he will be relieved of his work because of a stupid stranger. Wisdom and caution is primary in everything. Physically abusing her is where he got it all wrong.
Re: Lady Accuses Taxify Driver Of Assaulting Her, Police Reacts (Photos) by crackhouse(m): 4:31pm On Jun 23, 2019
Why is she hiding the small balance.... balance that's not even up to 5 digits....
U no get money instead of u to enter along you dey enter drop.....
What's all the black spots on her face? Better see a doctor soon...

2 Likes

Re: Lady Accuses Taxify Driver Of Assaulting Her, Police Reacts (Photos) by udemzyudex(m): 4:32pm On Jun 23, 2019
thesicilian:
Will your debit alert buy fuel for his car or pay his children's school fees? As long as he hasn't seen the credit alert, you haven't paid him.

Well I don't want to talk about the assault side of the story since I haven't read from both side but concerning the payment part, I think Nigeria is not yet there.

Sometimes you will credit someone account and it will take ages for the person to receive an alert, we all know how this alert thing have turn out to be scam, where someone will go to a shop buy a lot of things then fake alert showing them their account have been debited, nobody want to fall maga again.

If they don't receive alert then you haven't paid them, this is killing businesses and our banks are not even doing anything about it.

The best thing is to hold your cash and ATM card, at least your transport fare to avoid story that touch.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Accuses Taxify Driver Of Assaulting Her, Police Reacts (Photos) by pocohantas(f): 4:33pm On Jun 23, 2019
izzou:

I once had an argument with a rider

She said she wants to pay with transfer. I declined... I was about to accept and I was advising her to change her mode of payment to card when she used the line "Please don't tell me what to choose. It's my money"

Na so I decline to collect am. Las Las, I dumped her at the ATM she withdrew from. My rating drop sha grin

Lagos girls can be unnecessarily smart, imagine that one saying "don't tell me what to choose". You begin to wonder if she went through the terms and conditions. She is on the wrong side, still claiming right. You did the right thing, she should go with her rating.

1 Like

Re: Lady Accuses Taxify Driver Of Assaulting Her, Police Reacts (Photos) by uuzba(m): 4:37pm On Jun 23, 2019
delishpot:
Nigeria na country? Naija men na human beings? You get luck sef say the police men no rape you join.
There are no jobs. People are frustrated. Do you think that man wanted to settle for driver work in hi life?
He's rendering service and struggling to keep face. Don't form flexing in his front. Small thing the guy will just be jealous, vex and punish you.
Same with Nigerian police.

5 Likes

Re: Lady Accuses Taxify Driver Of Assaulting Her, Police Reacts (Photos) by delishpot: 4:38pm On Jun 23, 2019
uuzba:

There are no jobs. People are frustrated. Do you think that man wanted to settle for driver work in hi life?
He's rendering service and struggling to keep face. Don't form flexing in his front. Small thing the guy will just be jealous, vex and punish you.
Same with Nigerian police.

I concur
Re: Lady Accuses Taxify Driver Of Assaulting Her, Police Reacts (Photos) by udemzyudex(m): 4:40pm On Jun 23, 2019
deltateam:

You dey craze? So they should injure her? You are a violent ape.

Oga chill joor did he say anything about injuring her?

Busy body.
Re: Lady Accuses Taxify Driver Of Assaulting Her, Police Reacts (Photos) by Tallesty1(m): 4:41pm On Jun 23, 2019
SageMK:
I can confidently attribute the slut shamming to her nose ring. That was what gave the ídiot the audacity to abuse her as It doesn't give off a good frist impression. shocked

But now that his village people have picked up his call, I hope he gets to be severely punished and embarrassed.

When they are done with him...
He'll have the patience to treat women with respect.
If her story is true.

1 Like

Re: Lady Accuses Taxify Driver Of Assaulting Her, Police Reacts (Photos) by loomer: 4:43pm On Jun 23, 2019
tactius:
The main issue here is that the bank transfer did not go through.

Meaning Nigerian banks need to work on their IT mechanisms. This is not the first time someone makes a transfer and it takes hours to go through.

Sometimes I end up just using cash

We can't just say it's the bank, could just be a general network problem (telecom).

And what I observed about most people, we are quick to condemning the man. Only God know how the lady actually spoke to him

5 Likes

Re: Lady Accuses Taxify Driver Of Assaulting Her, Police Reacts (Photos) by Cooladex(m): 4:43pm On Jun 23, 2019
izzou:

grin

She actually met a mad man. grin I no wan talk much abeg. lipsrsealed

Lol. I go find you here.

They him give baba enough fake alerts and then blocked his line grin

1 Like

Re: Lady Accuses Taxify Driver Of Assaulting Her, Police Reacts (Photos) by uuzba(m): 4:44pm On Jun 23, 2019
crackhouse:
Why is she hiding the small balance.... balance that's not even up to 5 digits....
U no get money instead of u to enter along you dey enter drop.....
What's all the black spots on her face? Better see a doctor soon...
I just knew it. She was forming big.
It is the forming that made the man punish her.
I don't know why when ladies take uber or taxify, their head will swell up as if they are Mungo Park's wife that discovered River Niger and deserve Grammy Award and Nobel prize.

9 Likes

Re: Lady Accuses Taxify Driver Of Assaulting Her, Police Reacts (Photos) by bigtt76(f): 4:46pm On Jun 23, 2019
Exactly. Once again, Nigerians are out to destroy a working platform. The app allows Card and Cash payment, it never said Bank Transfer.

So why are people trying to be smart. If you select cash payment, please have available your cash. Bank transfers in this country is not stable.

thesicilian:
Will your debit alert buy fuel for his car or pay his children's school fees? As long as he hasn't seen the credit alert, you haven't paid him.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Accuses Taxify Driver Of Assaulting Her, Police Reacts (Photos) by sloye5(m): 4:47pm On Jun 23, 2019
Drive is wrong to have assaulted her and she is wrong as well to pay that way,it's cash or card. No transfer crap
Re: Lady Accuses Taxify Driver Of Assaulting Her, Police Reacts (Photos) by Isoduwa(m): 4:48pm On Jun 23, 2019
I dey see red G- string Abi na my eyes �

1 Like

Re: Lady Accuses Taxify Driver Of Assaulting Her, Police Reacts (Photos) by Ijawwomaninoyo: 4:53pm On Jun 23, 2019
tactius:
The main issue here is that the bank transfer did not go through.

Meaning Nigerian banks need to work on their IT mechanisms. This is not the first time someone makes a transfer and it takes hours to go through.

Sometimes I end up just using cash

Not the bank itself, fraudsters use fake alert and only God knows how they do it. You will get the alert and your supposed credit balance correctly only for you to go to the bank and discover it is fake. The bank can only tell you the alert is fake, Period! You bear the loss.
A lot of them and sellers, even motor dealers have been victims of this.
So, they had to cancel the payment option and started using cash or card but most prefer cash. So they tell the passengers before hand, only for them to get to their destination and the passenger opts for money transfer and tell you network is faulty.
One driver was a victim recently, when he discovered, he called the lady, only for him to be made jest of that she took advantage of his foolishness. He begged her to no avail, then she blocked him. If someone wants to repeat such a thing, what do you think will be the man's action?

8 Likes

Re: Lady Accuses Taxify Driver Of Assaulting Her, Police Reacts (Photos) by crackhouse(m): 4:55pm On Jun 23, 2019
uuzba:

I just knew it. She was forming big.
It is the forming that made the man punish her.
I don't know why when ladies take uber or taxify, their head will swell up as if they are Mungo Park's wife that discovered River Niger and deserve Grammy Award and Nobel prize.
she don't have another money to transfer. That's why her sister came to her rescue and transfered twice just to bail her out....

2 Likes

Re: Lady Accuses Taxify Driver Of Assaulting Her, Police Reacts (Photos) by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jun 23, 2019
There we go again? Another useless taxi boy.
Re: Lady Accuses Taxify Driver Of Assaulting Her, Police Reacts (Photos) by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 23, 2019
thesicilian:

Our stupid you are, as if you have not been in such situation of delayed credit alert.
Re: Lady Accuses Taxify Driver Of Assaulting Her, Police Reacts (Photos) by don4real18(m): 5:15pm On Jun 23, 2019
It would have been polite and wouldn't have escalated to this situation if she had told the driver before embarking on the journey that you were going to pay by bank transfer.
Lagos is a place where a decently dressed individual can turn mad in an instant if he/she feels that they are being cheated.

1 Like

Re: Lady Accuses Taxify Driver Of Assaulting Her, Police Reacts (Photos) by crafteck(m): 5:18pm On Jun 23, 2019
StOla:
When did bank transfer become an alternative to cash payment?

And was it agreed by the driver from the onset to accept a bank transfer in lieu of cash?

The same way Ashewo dey shame client wey no pay, na im taxi driver (Oko Ashewo) also take shame client wey no pay.

All I read in the story was a tale of 2 stubborn individuals.
The first character was stubborn because he felt deceived by a passenger that had no cash and never mentioned it at the onset.
The second character was stubborn because she must always have her way and did not want to be cheated by a driver that wanted to return her to her origin. In fact, she was so stubborn that even those who came to separate the fight between 2 assaulting warriors, eventually had to support one over the other.

Exactly
Re: Lady Accuses Taxify Driver Of Assaulting Her, Police Reacts (Photos) by crafteck(m): 5:18pm On Jun 23, 2019
thesicilian:

Exactly
Re: Lady Accuses Taxify Driver Of Assaulting Her, Police Reacts (Photos) by kings59: 5:21pm On Jun 23, 2019
It could be that the transaction wasn't successful. An unsuccessful transaction that has been debited would be credited immediately, except those funding or buying things online through interswitch, web pay...e.t.c.

In this life, peace is the most important thing. Now after the whole drama, she got scratch which would result to scars and she will still visit hospital and gets treated which would make her spend more money.

Why not just handle thing in a cool way, I believe something else might had ensured. You know girls have sharp mouth and can abuse. It could be that she started shouting at the man which made him more irated.

People should learn from this, that there is no gain in stubbornness but pain.

I entered a bus yesterday heading for Maryland from Onikpan , I gave the conductor 500# , being the first to give him money he didn't give me my change. He started giving change to passengers at the back and middle seats.

5 mins later, I asked him for my 400# change, he said he had given me 400# change. It was as if I should explode and push him off the vehicle, I calmed down, spoke to him in a polite manner. Even two men sitting besides me were saying he hasn't given me change. He said to them that they should sharrap, that he would give them a blow if they don't keep quiet.

I am a strong person on my own and I can defeat him both physically/spiritually, but I just didn't wanna stress myself.

Now we approached Maryland, as I was alighting from the vehicle, I asked him for my change . He said he had given me,that driver should turn and reverse. I repeated again that he should give me my 400# change, by then every passengers had gotten down.

No witness, just me and two devils. I told my self I will handle and be careful not to make it hard.

The next thing he did is that he brought out the 400# and handed it to me.

In the end I collected my change, but was delayed.

Had it been I fought and kept on raising voices, who would have known how it would have gone? I was glad i didn't fight or let the devil use me.

Had it been she spoke to the man with respect, that wouldn't have happened.

She got assaulted

She got insulted

Her cloth got turned

She got injured

Her breast was pressed unknowingly

She disgraced herself on social media by uploading her pics

She has shown us that she is poor

She has shown us that she wears G-string and nose ring + dark spots on her face.

Kaiii, sometimes there are somethings to just forget and move on.

Even the bible says," avenge not they brother for vengeance is mine."

Happy Sunday to you all.

5 Likes

Re: Lady Accuses Taxify Driver Of Assaulting Her, Police Reacts (Photos) by flexxyworld(m): 5:22pm On Jun 23, 2019
manner of approach matters. We all need too learn it. It was just a case of stubbornness, arrogance & proving a point. I'm sure if she had taken her time to explain better or nicely, the driver will have given her a benefit of doubt especially being a lady but she felt he's just an ordinary driver and ain't worth it. so niqqa wanted too prove who the real boss was.
Re: Lady Accuses Taxify Driver Of Assaulting Her, Police Reacts (Photos) by deltateam: 5:25pm On Jun 23, 2019
udemzyudex:

Oga chill joor did he say anything about injuring her?

Busy body.

Did he need to say it? Cant you see the way he attributed her ordeal to her supposed disrespect and bad mouth.
Re: Lady Accuses Taxify Driver Of Assaulting Her, Police Reacts (Photos) by femliany(m): 5:38pm On Jun 23, 2019
flexxyworld:
manner of approach matters. We all need too learn it. It was just a case of stubbornness, arrogance & proving a point. I'm sure if she had taken her time to explain better or nicely, the driver will have given her a benefit of doubt especially being a lady but she felt he's just an ordinary driver and ain't worth it. so niqqa wanted too prove who the real boss was.
[quote author=StOla post=79602680]When did bank transfer become an alternative to cash payment?

And was it agreed by the driver from the onset to accept a bank transfer in lieu of cash?

The same way Ashewo dey shame client wey no pay, na im taxi driver (Oko Ashewo) also take shame client wey no pay.

All I read in the story was a tale of 2 stubborn individuals.
The first character was stubborn because he felt deceived by a passenger that had no cash and never mentioned it at the onset.
The second character was stubborn because she must always have her way and did not want to be cheated by a driver that wanted to return her to her origin. In fact, she was so stubborn that even those who came to separate the fight between 2 assaulting warriors, eventually had to support one over the other.
You just said my mind ...was there an understanding from the beginning that she would transfer? Women palaver
Re: Lady Accuses Taxify Driver Of Assaulting Her, Police Reacts (Photos) by ashantitope: 5:44pm On Jun 23, 2019
You are seriously crazy somebody that is up to your father took you from ur destination to your last bus stop now you want to scam him and you think we should pity you here it not today that you people have been winning this Uber guys I think he win you this time and there is no reason for him to beat you and also take you to station because he k ow he will loss the case so stop lying
Re: Lady Accuses Taxify Driver Of Assaulting Her, Police Reacts (Photos) by OdefaGirl(f): 6:07pm On Jun 23, 2019
Well... Dear lady, you should have discussed the mode of payment with the driver from onset and probably do the transfer while on transit so that by d time you get to ur destination, he would have received it. Secondly, what's the G-string picture for 'coz I didn't even see any injury anywhere on that particular picture.
For d driver, education is important... Not every woman be ashawo and u could have just checked your phone to confirm, than all these nonesense... You even had d fuel to drive them around.
And d police.... Hopeless set of people... Though not all shaa
Re: Lady Accuses Taxify Driver Of Assaulting Her, Police Reacts (Photos) by Skiilashi(m): 6:14pm On Jun 23, 2019
If I see the driver,I will dash him more money and declare beer for him.

There is no case here. The e-hailing policy is very clear; Cash or card.

Most of this ladies think they sharp.

I carried two ladies some time back,wen we got to thier destination, one of the lady said she was going to do transfer. I told her the policy is cash or card,I can drive you to an atm for free since I have ended the trip.she said no.

I gave account number and she said she had done the transfer. I did not get the alert. I waited by her gate for almost 30mins,alert did not come. I called her ,and she sent me an evident of transfer. I looked at it very well ,it was different from the fare charged. I decided to call her again,but this time she was not picking my call again.

I went to the gate man and told him that I wanted to see the ladies,I dropped,that they are yet to pay me.
To my surprise,the gate man said I should go to the reception,it down on me that ,the place was a hotel without any signage. I went to the reception and begin to para.

They called the ladies,as the ladies are coming down,I got an alert on my phone after one hour.

I showed the people around the true alert I got and the fake evidence of payment she sent to me earlier. The difference was clear.

They think it is easy to be driving from morning till evening come dey do charity

I thank the driver well well.

The policy is clear;

CASH OR CARD!!

Any other methods of payment is at your own risk

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mother Raises The Alarm As Rapist-husband Walks Free (pictured) / NDLEA Arrests Woman Pregnant With Cocaine / Man Robbed After Giving A Stranger A Lift In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.