Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,896 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Helicopter Picks Billionaire Stuck In Traffic For 2 Hours On Lagos-Benin Road - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Helicopter Picks Billionaire Stuck In Traffic For 2 Hours On Lagos-Benin Road (104604 Views)

Video Of The GUO Bus Attacked Along Lagos-Benin Road, All Passengers Kidnapped / Edo Woman & Her SUV Skid Off Muddy Sapele Benin Road, Plunge Into A Ditch / Vehicle Falls Into A Ditch On Lagos-Benin Road, All Passengers Dead (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Helicopter Picks Billionaire Stuck In Traffic For 2 Hours On Lagos-Benin Road by bendike: 6:16am On Jun 24, 2019
shogsman:
An helicopter cost less than 2mill to hire,might even be a free service from the company he works for,stop using the term 'billionaire' loosely,
Its hired out to oil companies at usd10k per hour.

1 Like

Re: Helicopter Picks Billionaire Stuck In Traffic For 2 Hours On Lagos-Benin Road by Squillionaire: 6:16am On Jun 24, 2019
Datingcomrade:
All I see is money,
Him no even say make him help some people even if nah attachment

So that Nigerians go say him don pack the people go do ritual?
Re: Helicopter Picks Billionaire Stuck In Traffic For 2 Hours On Lagos-Benin Road by Nobody: 6:19am On Jun 24, 2019
There is something that I find a bit strange with this news. It’s the mentality of the people: those around the scene, the so called celebrities who reacted and majority of online comments.

In Nigeria we seem to normalise absurdity and praise stupidity or vice versa.
No one has said anything about the cause of that prolonged traffic problem along that road instead the focus has been on ‘wealth, big boy, money pass money, level pass level’. That to me if the real ‘poverty mentality’.

For a country that lack emergency services, where accident victims or very ill persons do not have access to decent ambulance services, where RTA victims would be packed in a hot open back pick up trucks, where no one cares less or doesn’t seem to mind the problems and potential dangers which that chopper posed to the vehicles and people around that scene....the noise, the dusts, the panic. I find it strange.

Did this ‘rescue’ unplugged and airlifted his vehicle from that scene? If not, I pity the poor chauffeur driving this man to wherever.

The one thing I saw or learnt from this experience is the reinforcement of the belief that in a difficult situation, those with means and resources will find ways of escaping the horrors, damn the people around and find their way to safety and comfort while the awkward and bad scenario persists.

Focus should be on finding a way to end the perennial inconveniences which travellers go through in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Helicopter Picks Billionaire Stuck In Traffic For 2 Hours On Lagos-Benin Road by bendike: 6:21am On Jun 24, 2019
WinningSun:
The helicopter company can. Be sued for obstruction of traffic and landing where it is not approved.

I'm of the opinion that this kinda operation is how boko haram gets their deliveries. That company should be investigated
Na wah for you oh! Go and arrest or sue naa. Buhari mentality. Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Helicopter Picks Billionaire Stuck In Traffic For 2 Hours On Lagos-Benin Road by tfash96(m): 6:23am On Jun 24, 2019
oneblackguy:
Serves him right. At least he got a taste of what an average Nigerian goes through everyday. I wish it'll happen to more billionaires so they can start taking building of roads serious.

Nansens! angry
It doesn't matter o big bro fine Nigeria is wonderfully bad but this traffic stuff does happen in developed countries too
Re: Helicopter Picks Billionaire Stuck In Traffic For 2 Hours On Lagos-Benin Road by EmekaBlue(m): 6:23am On Jun 24, 2019
sugacoatedmouth:
Is the billionaire is nameless
u want to go beg him for crumbs abi
Re: Helicopter Picks Billionaire Stuck In Traffic For 2 Hours On Lagos-Benin Road by EmekaBlue(m): 6:24am On Jun 24, 2019
Chuvin22:
When ever you hear me say I’m looking for money.. this is the type I’m telling you about.

Money that will take stress away from you life.
money wey no dey finish. Amen
Re: Helicopter Picks Billionaire Stuck In Traffic For 2 Hours On Lagos-Benin Road by article1: 6:25am On Jun 24, 2019
Poverty is a stagnant. Count me amongst those you have richly blessed these days oh Lord God Almivhty
Re: Helicopter Picks Billionaire Stuck In Traffic For 2 Hours On Lagos-Benin Road by bluecircle470: 6:26am On Jun 24, 2019
sugacoatedmouth:
Is the billionaire is nameless

Is is grin

Murderer
Re: Helicopter Picks Billionaire Stuck In Traffic For 2 Hours On Lagos-Benin Road by 15ssDRIVE(m): 6:26am On Jun 24, 2019
babzo:
We used that term billonaire so loosely now. How do you know he is a billionaire? Who valued his monetary worth? Who Verified the valuation? Who certified it?
You dont even have to be a millionaire to afford such. Just know the company that offers it and pay them.
And if you are a valued worker for a company or rich individual, they can use such services for you if there is an urgency.

Soon they will start saying only billionaires fly in the air!!!

Boss, billionaire or not ... he get money.... tuale for the man wey sabi who pass am. Helicopter pick up money pass brand new maruwa money. So tell me .....

Money wey dem Dey take but maruwa,wry Dey change people living mode. That one Na small money ?
Re: Helicopter Picks Billionaire Stuck In Traffic For 2 Hours On Lagos-Benin Road by RichBoy247: 6:31am On Jun 24, 2019
ekene247:
angry

So what should we do now?

Next news will be like "the billionaire who was picked with helicopter is ..."

Then another news will be like, "see the children of the billionaire who was picked by helicopter"

Useless topics making front page

It's like your frustration is more than what Nairaland can help. So move to BlackBerry chat.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Helicopter Picks Billionaire Stuck In Traffic For 2 Hours On Lagos-Benin Road by sugacoatedmouth(m): 6:32am On Jun 24, 2019
EmekaBlue:
u want to go beg him for crumbs abi
The way you beg for junk food From the Road side Food seller rite

I can see that in you it is too obvious even a man with an impaired vision could see that

By the way Congratulation

Re: Helicopter Picks Billionaire Stuck In Traffic For 2 Hours On Lagos-Benin Road by portplus: 6:32am On Jun 24, 2019
Ijaycool:
If na politician, God punish am...
Amen!

1 Like

Re: Helicopter Picks Billionaire Stuck In Traffic For 2 Hours On Lagos-Benin Road by Platony(m): 6:33am On Jun 24, 2019
God damage Poverty!!!!

Iffa slappp anybody wey mention vanity here ehn!!!! grin grin

Stay there and be saying Vanity, when Pastors that knows & understand d Bible more than you are using Private Jets!! angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Helicopter Picks Billionaire Stuck In Traffic For 2 Hours On Lagos-Benin Road by EmekaBlue(m): 6:35am On Jun 24, 2019
I give out...i dont beg
sugacoatedmouth:
The way you beg for junk food From the Road side Food seller rite

I can see that in you it is too obvious even a man with an impaired vision could see that

By the way Congratulation
Re: Helicopter Picks Billionaire Stuck In Traffic For 2 Hours On Lagos-Benin Road by Greenback: 6:35am On Jun 24, 2019
Thank God skull mining kidnappers weren't there

grin
Re: Helicopter Picks Billionaire Stuck In Traffic For 2 Hours On Lagos-Benin Road by Mogajunior(m): 6:38am On Jun 24, 2019
MorataFC:
So he left driver there I refuse and reject poverty in y life In JESUS name
Lol. are they suppose to abandon the car there?
Re: Helicopter Picks Billionaire Stuck In Traffic For 2 Hours On Lagos-Benin Road by ishawlar: 6:42am On Jun 24, 2019
God i have loaded million of airtime on my prayers line. Pls pick up the call. M. K. O. A
Money
Kudi
Owo
Ago
Re: Helicopter Picks Billionaire Stuck In Traffic For 2 Hours On Lagos-Benin Road by emma321(m): 6:52am On Jun 24, 2019
Yesterday, along the Lagos-Benin Expressway, a helicopter was spotted picking up a VIP stuck in traffic on the ever busy road.
Re: Helicopter Picks Billionaire Stuck In Traffic For 2 Hours On Lagos-Benin Road by Gabson001(m): 6:53am On Jun 24, 2019
Datingcomrade:
All I see is money, Him no even say make him help some people even if nah attachment
Many people he want help for traffic?..
Re: Helicopter Picks Billionaire Stuck In Traffic For 2 Hours On Lagos-Benin Road by wellmax(m): 6:57am On Jun 24, 2019
WinningSun:
The helicopter company can. Be sued for obstruction of traffic and landing where it is not approved.

I'm of the opinion that this kinda operation is how boko haram gets their deliveries. That company should be investigated

Who told you it wasn't approved? And how did it obstruct traffic when already there is traffic jam. Except you have evidence, please stfu.

1 Like

Re: Helicopter Picks Billionaire Stuck In Traffic For 2 Hours On Lagos-Benin Road by Folohunsho20(m): 7:00am On Jun 24, 2019
Bro, why did you xpose my secret. Anyways, thanks for not mentioning my name for security reasons. I'll see when I'm back from Benin
Re: Helicopter Picks Billionaire Stuck In Traffic For 2 Hours On Lagos-Benin Road by Nobody: 7:00am On Jun 24, 2019
wellmax:

Who told you it wasn't approved? And how did it obstruct traffic when already there is traffic jam. Except you have evidence, please stfu.

ARE you dementia or blind. Did you watch the videos
Re: Helicopter Picks Billionaire Stuck In Traffic For 2 Hours On Lagos-Benin Road by Garrieveryday: 7:02am On Jun 24, 2019
And I'm here sipping Garri everyday while some are flying helicopter and private jet. Life, why art thou unfair?
Re: Helicopter Picks Billionaire Stuck In Traffic For 2 Hours On Lagos-Benin Road by Layneroro: 7:09am On Jun 24, 2019
[ote]
Re: Helicopter Picks Billionaire Stuck In Traffic For 2 Hours On Lagos-Benin Road by DreCharles(m): 7:10am On Jun 24, 2019
MorataFC:
So he left driver there
I refuse and reject poverty in y life
In JESUS name
No, he should have asked the driver to park the car inside the helicopter and carried it along

Of course, he would leave the driver there.

You don't expect them to leave the car there and both go away

1 Like

Re: Helicopter Picks Billionaire Stuck In Traffic For 2 Hours On Lagos-Benin Road by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:15am On Jun 24, 2019
People that can't afford an helecopter will be angry at this thread
Re: Helicopter Picks Billionaire Stuck In Traffic For 2 Hours On Lagos-Benin Road by obailala(m): 7:17am On Jun 24, 2019
babzo:
We used that term billonaire so loosely now. How do you know he is a billionaire? Who valued his monetary worth? Who Verified the valuation? Who certified it?
You dont even have to be a millionaire to afford such. Just know the company that offers it and pay them.
And if you are a valued worker for a company or rich individual, they can use such services for you if there is an urgency.

Soon they will start saying only billionaires fly in the air!!!
Dont mind the Op, all these silly Nigeria bloggers that just type and publish whatever silly assumptions that come to their head. The truth is, no one even knows who that chopper came to pick.

1 Like

Re: Helicopter Picks Billionaire Stuck In Traffic For 2 Hours On Lagos-Benin Road by amaks: 7:24am On Jun 24, 2019
Before kidnappers hear say him dey stuck for traffic begin get ideas. Helicopter flight money is chicken change to him compared to kidnappers ransome and more importantly compared to his life. Nice move. I bet he won't be on that road again for a long time to come. Traffic and our roads na 5 & 6.
Re: Helicopter Picks Billionaire Stuck In Traffic For 2 Hours On Lagos-Benin Road by obailala(m): 7:28am On Jun 24, 2019
Daboomb:

My Exact thoughts!
The fools were busy admiring the Helicopter instead of them to surround it and tell himthat it is either it takes all of them or no one is going with that helicopter.

Nigerians have been so abused and barstardised that they have lost their thinking faculty.
Come and try these in some other climes and you will see the difference.
Extreme Poverty has turned Nigerinas to ZOMBIES.
lagosrd:
A very big lesson here. I prefer to refer to him as a nameless nigerian billionaire . That is exactly how they excuse themselves from the problems they created. They refuse to build us wider and better roads and left thousands of people stranded on a high way and when they couldn't bear it, he called what is completely out of the reach of most Nigerians to take him away. If we don't use our God given senses, we will forever be ruled to death. Exactly hat they will do when there is a problem. Helicopter services will just be picking and dropping them and their families in safe places.
A message of love for the two of you.... "Hustle hard (and smart) so you dont just sit down hating on others who have gotten their heads well above water"

One thing both of you acknowledge is the fact that no one knows who the chopper came to pick, we dont know if its even a medical emergency. But strangely, many people just seem to assume the mystery person is an enemy causing their problems?

1 Like

Re: Helicopter Picks Billionaire Stuck In Traffic For 2 Hours On Lagos-Benin Road by reemix123(m): 7:54am On Jun 24, 2019
If he can afford helicopter why was he travelling by road why not flight or private jet?
Re: Helicopter Picks Billionaire Stuck In Traffic For 2 Hours On Lagos-Benin Road by armadeo(m): 8:02am On Jun 24, 2019
Daboomb:

My Exact thoughts!
The fools were busy admiring the Helicopter instead of them to surround it and tell himthat it is either it takes all of them or no one is going with that helicopter.

Nigerians have been so abused and barstardised that they have lost their thinking faculty.
Come and try these in some other climes and you will see the difference.
Extreme Poverty has turned Nigerinas to ZOMBIES.

See wahala oh. You might as well come down from a bike and tell the man in his g wagon that all of you are in it, so he must carry you.

Same thing isnt it?

Anyway the guy cant be a billionaire cos none who can afford airfare will take that road unless hes just crazy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Aircraft Being Transported In A Trailer Truck In Port-Harcourt. See Photos / Private Jet Looking Like A Hotel That Costs N27 Million From Lagos To Abuja / Elon Musk Hotel In Mars Just $5m Per Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.