Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,237 members, 7,815,315 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

"Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast (47717 Views)

Fans React As Wizkid's American Ex, Justine Skye Post Curvy Pictures For Valenti / I'd Love To Collaborate With Burna Boy And Wizkid — American Rapper, Saweetie / ‘without Drake, Nobody Will Know Wizkid’ – American Oaps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by Enskynelson(m): 9:06pm On Jun 24, 2019
The DJ just implied that himself is a nobody.
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by globemoney: 9:07pm On Jun 24, 2019
Virus99:
No body know him and you spend 5minutes of your low lives on a podcast talking about him grin grin grin
Nigerians are really dumb, he clearly said they are only talking about him because they are music heads..

4 Likes

Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by RealEzee(m): 9:15pm On Jun 24, 2019
SouthSouth1914:
They said the simple truth! Sean Paul has been relevant in the industry like forever! Wizkid is doing great, but cannot be compared to Sean Paul.. Wizkid and their likes should stick to their Pangolo music
and "come gimme d light" na inspirational music abi
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by Banter1(m): 9:18pm On Jun 24, 2019
KendrickAyomide:
Ode ! Who compared wizkid to Sean Paul? Goat
which category of the Goat? The shegoat or the hegoat? Lmao
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by Aidejay(m): 9:21pm On Jun 24, 2019
Neoteny:
When we said it no one believed us.

All their shows abroad are attended overwhelmingly by illegal African immigrants and a few of their white friends, or small pockets of curious whites.

The average Briton or American, black or not, has no idea who wizkid and davido are, but their promoters and groupies would have you believe they're popular.

If they were that popular Black Panther would've featured their music.
Have u watched Disney's queen of katwe
Black panther? U want to use black panther as yard stick
Do u know what goes into making a movies score and sound track?
U obviously don't. Babes wodumo's wololo is in black panther do u know babes wodumo's? Infact do u know who composed the score for black panther? Have u ever been abroad? Have u attended any show in your life? Have u been a fan or met someone who is a fan? Have u? Yen yen yen African immigrants yen yen yen do u know what it means to organize a show. The average Briton and American cannot know wizkid because wizkid is neither Briton nor American neither does he sing British pop or American pop so that's not the expectation but there are people who know him because music travels and is no respecter language or knowledge of the artist how many Americans and British artists do u know?
How many songs do u know? No be only black panther na pirates stagnettis revenge

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by jerryBoss1(m): 9:21pm On Jun 24, 2019
princechurchill:
This second class citizens always trying to portray themselves superior to African artist

Bunch of slaves in the land of cotton

Well said ...#Respect
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:22pm On Jun 24, 2019
Aidejay:

Did u know Nipsey hustle b4 he died?
If yes, I didn't neither did I give 2 fcks about xxxtentation till he died and till today don't know anything about him cause IDGAF
It's d same with wizkid b4 one dance it's possible no one knew him but after one dance people now know him and following his progression since then he's known. Na something dey make people know u his billboard absence isn't because he is unknown but because his streaming figures and sales numbers didn't qualify him for a hot 100 or 200 debut but he was still streamed and his songs were still purchased in the USA by people not bots or spirits go and check the songs that chart some are great some aren't but the numbers push them up the chart it's easy for a drop dead terrible song to still chart because it's composed and recorded by an average singer or rapper that enjoys a fan base
Wizzy doesn't lack a fan base it's just hard to cultivate and it will require an invasion of afrobeats for wizzy to break through just like ragae music did the constraints in language and historical background of traditionally black arts create a stumbling block but wizkid is not unknown 1 billion accumulated Spotify streams tell a story, millions of views and comments on YouTube tell a story interviews and sold out tours tell a story. He performed soko on a stage with drake at the 02. He is the biggest product in the African music industry and I'm not speaking lightly of the achievements of Asa, the kuti's, seal and others.

are you really comparing Nipsey/xxxtentacion with wizkid?! bwaaaaaah
- for starters, they were famous in the US before they died, wizkid is NOT...

- secondly, how can Wizkid be famous in the US if/when he doesnt even have one track on the billboard top 100 (apart from that sole Drake's featuring)....i certainly dont have to tell you how many tracks Nipsey/xxxtentacion had on the billboard top 100 before they died.

- finally, wizkid's fanbase (or any other afrobeat act) outside of Africa is mainly made of Africans in diaspora, and the general public dont know much about him/them.... while Nipsey/xxxtentacion were US artists with US fanbase. duh!

5 Likes

Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by Virus99: 9:22pm On Jun 24, 2019
globemoney:

Nigerians are really dumb, he clearly said they are only talking about him because they are music heads..
Mumu
Music head of your Family house abi undecided
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by SAYEDADAMADAMS(m): 9:23pm On Jun 24, 2019
iwantolive:
Abeg my people non wan drink sniper o, please i somebody to help employ my brother or my sis so they wont kill me..I am 34,no plan to settle down yet because of family responsibility..i have to care for my aging parents and my siblings.i am exhausted,confused and helpless..i have been battling depression for the past 11 years,and now this situation is making it worse...please my people help me out f this mess..my bro is an accountant,he worked in a bank few years ago before he resigned,he actually wanted to travel to Europe.please he can do any job..my Little sis has OND and BSC in MASS COMMUNICATION...please my people i need one of them to be employed to make my life a little bit easier,i am suffering..from one dept to another,please somebody should help.
Ask them to send their CV and National identity or equivalent to my email sayedadamadams@gmail.com b4 wednesday this week

2 Likes

Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by sirsmokie007: 9:23pm On Jun 24, 2019
But you know him na, guy park well
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jun 24, 2019
Says a group of tired looking Dj's.. Wow feels good to be back from NL jail grin

stupid mods lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by geosuzzy(f): 9:24pm On Jun 24, 2019
But u talkn about him
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by globemoney: 9:25pm On Jun 24, 2019
Virus99:

Mumu
Music head of your Family house abi undecided
Those are Internationally acclaimed DJS. Thats cypher sounds making that statement and what he said is the truth. Keep living in fantasy

2 Likes

Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by princechurchill(m): 9:25pm On Jun 24, 2019
Dudeweedlmao:
Still leading better life than you though.

U will suck a dick all ur life to be me for a minute
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by iwantolive: 9:27pm On Jun 24, 2019
SAYEDADAMADAMS:
Ask them to send their CV and National identity or equivalent to my email sayedadamadams@gmail.com b4 wednesday this week
God bless you brother..
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by Aidejay(m): 9:32pm On Jun 24, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

are you really comparing Nipsey/xxxtentacion with wizkid?! bwaaaaaah
- for starters, they were famous in the US before they died, wizkid is NOT...

- secondly, how can Wizkid be famous in the US if/when he doesnt even have one track on the billboard top 100 (apart from that sole Drake's featuring)....i certainly dont have to tell you how many tracks Nipsey/xxxtentacion had on the billboard top 100 before they died.

- finally, wizkid's fanbase (or any other afrobeat act) outside of Africa is mainly made of Africans in diaspora, and the general public dont know much about him/them.... while Nipsey/xxxtentacion were US artists with US fanbase. duh!
I was writing a long epistle but then I stopped deleted it and agree with u
Wizkid should make a hot 100 hit simple
I'm tired of typing

Happy now?
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by owila4luv(m): 9:32pm On Jun 24, 2019
nobody knows wizkid yet he's the subject of discussion
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by Neoteny(m): 9:35pm On Jun 24, 2019
Aidejay:

Have u watched Disney's queen of katwe
Black panther? U want to use black panther as yard stick
Do u know what goes into making a movies score and sound track?
U obviously don't. Babes wodumo's wololo is in black panther do u know babes wodumo's? Infact do u know who composed the score for black panther? Have u ever been abroad? Have u attended any show in your life? Have u been a fan or met someone who is a fan? Have u? Yen yen yen African immigrants yen yen yen do u know what it means to organize a show. The average Briton and American cannot know wizkid because wizkid is neither Briton nor American neither does he sing British pop or American pop so that's not the expectation but there are people who know him because music travels and is no respecter language or knowledge of the artist how many Americans and British artists do u know?
How many songs do u know? No be only black panther na pirates stagnettis revenge

Blah blah blah

You seriously think I've time to go through that drivel?
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jun 24, 2019
princechurchill:

U will suck a dick all ur life to be me for a minute

Not with that face. Besides, ARab buys are alreay raping your ass. Do they shit down your throat too? lol grin grin grin
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by encryptjay(m): 9:37pm On Jun 24, 2019
Neoteny:
When we said it no one believed us.

All their shows abroad are attended overwhelmingly by illegal African immigrants and a few of their white friends, or small pockets of curious whites.

The average Briton or American, black or not, has no idea who wizkid and davido are, but their promoters and groupies would have you believe they're popular.

If they were that popular Black Panther would've featured their music.
So why was WizKid's song played in Pacific Rim?

And Davido's song in Queen of Katwe?

1 Like

Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by Chozen1665(m): 9:38pm On Jun 24, 2019
I dont even no any if them,yeye pple , if u no star boi let gather our likes here.
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by LZAA: 9:39pm On Jun 24, 2019
He's saying the truth
Outside the black population in london and US nobody knows wizzy even davido
All the "foreigners" u see hailing them are black or whites using their songs for dance vids

1 Like

Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by LisaAnne(f): 9:43pm On Jun 24, 2019
PECON1:
so Lisa Anne of xvideos is also a nairalander
I don't know what you're talking about
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by Ategberoson(m): 9:43pm On Jun 24, 2019
St Augustine was making a jest of the sophist; protagoras, georgias and other goons on their stand in the existence of God

For y'all to say God doesn't exist shows y'all have the knowledge of whom he's

You can't say you don't know someone and talk about them, the word nobody knows him Is a contradictory statement which can be relate to ignorantium adhominem
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by ruggedadventure(m): 9:46pm On Jun 24, 2019
SouthSouth1914:
They said the simple truth! Sean Paul has been relevant in the industry like forever! Wizkid is doing great, but cannot be compared to Sean Paul.. Wizkid and their likes should stick to their Pangolo music

Egbon, nobody is comparing Wizkid to Sean Paul... And did you say "Pangolo"? I'm sure Wizkid has done more with his talent than you have done with yours.
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by Kenneth10110(m): 9:46pm On Jun 24, 2019
grandstar:
It's not how many people know him. It's being known by those who count. Wizkids is reportedly banking $200,000 on average per foreign show.

It's better to be chummy with a generous Dangote than a thousand generous nobodies.

It's a very long way he's coming and for the Nigerian music industry. How many know the Congolese Mr Olomide in Nigeria or America? That hasn't stopped him from making his millions globally.

200,000$ per show see mouth like 2. And he his not rated top billionaires in the country. Haha convert 200k USD to naira that's how much per show aah if Wizkid see this one na to sue you be that o

2 Likes

Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jun 24, 2019
Born2Breed:
Africa is over 1 billion people. 700million should be adults and not too old. If 700million people knows who Wizkid is then nothing else matters.

I doubt 700 million Africans know who is he. Remember a lot of Africans live in rural areas without power and Internet and little to no access to the outside world

1 Like

Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by yemicoal(m): 9:49pm On Jun 24, 2019
grin grin
ednut1:
why so pained Lets meet in real life so i can treat ur fuk up. Chose a venue on the island
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by VicYo(m): 9:49pm On Jun 24, 2019
well, the truth is, people know wizkid, almost everybody. but he has yet done half of those foreign old star like sean paul, akon, joe, lil wayne, bruno mars etc because they are not even set...
but you can compare him to those new era from 2012... i repeat, i thank drake for his support... if not, davido who also try should have entice rick ross through meek mil... or what about p square...
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:50pm On Jun 24, 2019
Aidejay:

I was writing a long epistle but then I stopped deleted it and agree with u
Wizkid should make a hot 100 hit simple
I'm tired of typing

Happy now?

bro, i can see you are only talking out of misplaced sentiment for your Nigerian artist but, the reality is obvious.... apart from that Drake feature, he is unknown in US billboard top 100 chart
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by Neoteny(m): 9:52pm On Jun 24, 2019
encryptjay:

So why was WizKid's song played in Pacific Rim?

And Davido's song in Queen of Katwe?

Fluke
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:53pm On Jun 24, 2019
Kenneth10110:

200,000$ per show see mouth like 2. And he his not rated top billionaires in the country. Haha convert 200k USD to naira that's how much per show aah if Wizkid see this one na to sue you be that o

bro, leave these people writing rubbish online.... at that price, he would be getting MORE THAN DRAKE (per shows)

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Funke Abisogun AlHassan Dies Days After Childbirth (Photos) / Christmas Photos Of Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Her Husband And Children / Falz Shares Fela Revolutionary Video To Shade 2face

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.