Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

"Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast (47712 Views)

Fans React As Wizkid's American Ex, Justine Skye Post Curvy Pictures For Valenti / I'd Love To Collaborate With Burna Boy And Wizkid — American Rapper, Saweetie / ‘without Drake, Nobody Will Know Wizkid’ – American Oaps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by 9jaRealist: 5:25am On Jun 25, 2019
DSoj:
But its true na. They are talking about knowing wizkid in US not in Naija. U think Americans know wizkid? LOL. Oya go enter NY streets and ask.

And you think Wizkid is only known in Naija?
Abegi, there are at least 1.2 billion Africans (4x the US population) who would demur.
>
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by 9jaRealist: 5:33am On Jun 25, 2019
globemoney:

Nigerians are really dumb, he clearly said they are only talking about him because they are music heads..

You mean empty heads...
The way some Americans luxuriate in their own ignorance is amazing. undecided
>
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by 9jaRealist: 5:36am On Jun 25, 2019
Neoteny:
When we said it no one believed us.

All their shows abroad are attended overwhelmingly by illegal African immigrants and a few of their white friends, or small pockets of curious whites.

The average Briton or American, black or not, has no idea who wizkid and davido are, but their promoters and groupies would have you believe they're popular.

If they were that popular Black Panther would've featured their music.

Perhaps that’s why they are average... grin grin grin
>
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by 9jaRealist: 5:41am On Jun 25, 2019
globemoney:

Those are Internationally acclaimed DJS. Thats cypher sounds making that statement and what he said is the truth. Keep living in fantasy

“Internationally-acclaimed” by whom?
I bet you that Wizkid is MORE “internationally-acclaimed” (at least by over 1 billion Africans) than these numb-nuts. SMH
>
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by 9jaRealist: 5:44am On Jun 25, 2019
iRyan:
I doubt 700 million Africans know who is he. Remember a lot of Africans live in rural areas without power and Internet and little to no access to the outside world

And you think they are no radios in rural Africa?
One would expect Americans to be ignorant of these matters, but supposedly “educated” Africans?! SMH
>
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by jmichael259(m): 5:57am On Jun 25, 2019
iwantolive:
..my bro is an accountant,he worked in a bank few years ago before he resigned,he actually wanted to travel to Europe.please he can do any job..my Little sis has OND and BSC in MASS COMMUNICATION...please my people i need one of them to be employed to make my life a little bit easier,i am suffering..from one dept to another,please somebody should help.

Each one of you should learn a skill or find something to produce and sell. In this Buhari administration it doesn't matter if you are taxi or Uber driver, chin chin or groundnuts seller, tailor or barber, betshop or cyber cafe operator, as long as it will give you your daily bread and lead to financial indepence. Things are so hard you have to be ready to go way down to get up.
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by Dotman123: 6:36am On Jun 25, 2019

Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by 3RNEST(m): 6:49am On Jun 25, 2019
I think with this video people will know Wizkid by fire by force, grin
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by pipeliner: 6:51am On Jun 25, 2019
Jealous plain and simple.
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by Nobody: 6:57am On Jun 25, 2019
9jaRealist:

And you think they are no radios in rural Africa?
One would expect Americans to be ignorant of these matters, but supposedly “educated” Africans?! SMH
>
Of course they are. However he doesn't get as much airplay in many other African countries as he gets in s select African countries. Africa is more than just Nigeria, GH or SA. There are many other non English speaking countrues on the continent that Wizzy hasn't conquered yet
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by zedman1(m): 7:00am On Jun 25, 2019
Hehehe, some people are mouthed sha "The people wey we no know de tell us say nobody know the person wey we know ".
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by CrazyMan(m): 7:01am On Jun 25, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:
BullShait!

I love wizkid so much, i can use my vagina to wage Kola for him.
sad

Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by Nobody: 7:04am On Jun 25, 2019
9jaRealist:

Perhaps that’s why they are average... grin grin grin
>

Truth be told, WizKid isn't widely known in the U.S. He's only popular among a few communities like Nigerian-Americans, Ghanaian-Americans and fairly known in the African-American community. Nobody's doubting his superstar status in AFRICA ,but if you go into the streets of New York, 1 in 10 Americans might claim to know who he is.

2 Likes

Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by 9jaRealist: 7:04am On Jun 25, 2019
iRyan:

Of course they are. However he doesn't get as much airplay in many other African countries as he gets in s select African countries. Africa is more than just Nigeria, GH or SA. There are many other non English speaking countrues on the continent that Wizzy hasn't conquered yet

Who told you that? Music is the ultimate universal language...
Wizkid is popular as far as Morocco, talk less of Francophone or Lusophone countries.

Doubtful there’s anywhere in sub-Saharan Africa where Wizkid is not popular...
Even Davido went to Suriname not long ago, and the Dutch-speaking Surinamese sang along.
>
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by 9jaRealist: 7:06am On Jun 25, 2019
iRyan:

Truth be told, WizKid isn't widely known in the U.S. He's only popular among a few communities like Nigerian-Americans, Ghanaian-Americans and fairly known in the African-American community. Nobody's doubting his superstar status in AFRICA ,but if you go into the streets of New York, 1 in 10 Americans might claim to know who he is.

Again, who cares? There are more humans living OUTSIDE the US than within it... undecided
>
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by iwantolive: 7:56am On Jun 25, 2019
gbens2000:
which state is your sister and brother
pleas Edo state
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by paxonel(m): 7:57am On Jun 25, 2019
9jaRealist:

Again, who cares? There are more humans living OUTSIDE the US than within it... undecided
>
they did not argue that wizkid isn't recognized in Africa, they are simply saying wizkid is not known in America and that's the truth.

Why are you pained that wizkid isn't recognized in America?
Do you think Americans care about afro beat?

1 Like

Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by ashawopikin(m): 8:05am On Jun 25, 2019
Cutezt:
A video of American DJ's saying that wizkid is unknown on a live radio podcast, has gone viral, in the video, a group of DJ's declared that nobody knows Wizkid and it was because of Drake he had the little exposure, one also said that they are trying hard to paint wizkid as Africa's Sean Paul, but wizkid has not done half of what Sean has done.

Watch video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APCxBUiqzCI

Lalasticlala
but if not for this YouTube video, nobody knows this DJ
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by izombie(m): 8:10am On Jun 25, 2019
J111333:
Truth is few people or nobody really know him in US. Never heard his music on any radio station and if it isn't being aired in LA, I wonder where his music will be aired.
exactly. In south africa, the only wizkid's song i have heard on their radio is "come closer" with drake. He is not that popular here. Dude is overrated.

1 Like

Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by 9jaRealist: 8:14am On Jun 25, 2019
paxonel:
they did not argue that wizkid isn't recognized in Africa, they are simply saying wizkid is not known in America and that's the truth.

Why are you pained that wizkid isn't recognized in America?
Do you think Americans care about afro beat?

Again, who cares? 1.2 billion Africans - and more (4 times the US population) cares about Afrobeats...
Thankfully, not everyone shares your inferiority complex, which elevates ignorance because it’s in an Oyinbo accent. SMH
>
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by masqot(m): 8:20am On Jun 25, 2019
Wizkid is becoming a threat to them
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by globemoney: 8:23am On Jun 25, 2019
9jaRealist:

“Internationally-acclaimed” by whom?
I bet you that Wizkid is MORE “internationally-acclaimed” (at least by over 1 billion Africans) than these numb-nuts. SMH
>
So why are they all trying to blow in America? Why not them focus on the billion Africans lol. Those guys can break Wizkid in America if you don’t know, keep making noise
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by 9jaRealist: 8:27am On Jun 25, 2019
globemoney:

So why are they all trying to blow in America? Why not them focus on the billion Africans lol. Those guys can break Wizkid in America if you don’t know, keep making noise

Again, who cares? Were they the ones who blew him up in the first place?
Some of you with your inferiority complex abegi. Wizzy is trying the US market for the same reasons US artistes come here - MONEY! cheesy
>
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by globemoney: 8:43am On Jun 25, 2019
9jaRealist:

Again, who cares? Were they the ones who blew him up in the first place?
Some of you with your inferiority complex abegi. Wizzy is trying the US market for the same reasons US artistes come here - MONEY! cheesy
>
It’s not inferiority complex, America is the capital of entertainment in the world, that’s the truth, you are living in denial if you don’t accept this. The American music industry is worth billions of dollars and has produced billionaires. Go and check how many Spotify streams Wizkid has vs the average American then you can understand the DJs were not far from the truth

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by IamBlanco(m): 8:47am On Jun 25, 2019
after all he gibberish and a few sensible comments i've read on this post, i've come to realise that most nigerians don't listen properly, even our so called yeyebrities. these guys actually said "its because they themselves are into music, thats why they know wizkid".
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by wakowill: 8:57am On Jun 25, 2019
SouthSouth1914:
They said the simple truth! Sean Paul has been relevant in the industry like forever! Wizkid is doing great, but cannot be compared to Sean Paul.. Wizkid and their likes should stick to their Pangolo music
wtf�
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by 9jaRealist: 9:02am On Jun 25, 2019
globemoney:
It’s not inferiority complex, America is the capital of entertainment in the world, that’s the truth, you are living in denial if you don’t accept this. The American music industry is worth billions of dollars and has produced billionaires. Go and check how many Spotify streams Wizkid has vs the average American then you can understand the DJs were not far from the truth

For the umpteenth time, who cares?
Even if you make just $1 out every African/African diaspora, you will still be a “billionaire” or in the neighborhood. SMH
>

1 Like

Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by Goalnaldo(m): 9:03am On Jun 25, 2019
Someone sang "if nobody talk about, you are nobody" . Them simply talking about him makes him somebody.

1 Like

Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by globemoney: 9:23am On Jun 25, 2019
9jaRealist:

For the umpteenth time, who cares?
Even if you make just $1 out every African/African diaspora, you will still be a “billionaire” or in the neighborhood. SMH
>
Well Nigerian artists care that’s why they flock the US to blow
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by 9jaRealist: 9:28am On Jun 25, 2019
globemoney:

Well Nigerian artists care that’s why they flock the US to blow

Just as US artistes “care” when they flock abroad... grin
>
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by Studyinchina200(m): 9:47am On Jun 25, 2019
Do business or get into agriculture.

Is it a must to work under someone?

iwantolive:
Abeg my people non wan drink sniper o, please i somebody to help employ my brother or my sis so they wont kill me..I am 34,no plan to settle down yet because of family responsibility..i have to care for my aging parents and my siblings.i am exhausted,confused and helpless..i have been battling depression for the past 11 years,and now this situation is making it worse...please my people help me out f this mess..my bro is an accountant,he worked in a bank few years ago before he resigned,he actually wanted to travel to Europe.please he can do any job..my Little sis has OND and BSC in MASS COMMUNICATION...please my people i need one of them to be employed to make my life a little bit easier,i am suffering..from one dept to another,please somebody should help.
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by globemoney: 9:54am On Jun 25, 2019
9jaRealist:

Just as US artistes “care” when they flock abroad... grin
>
You really need to go study about us music scene. They don’t care about your African market, they only come here when they are invited for shows of which they are paid heavily. Nigerian music industry don’t yet have the facilities that’s why Akon will always be teacher and more popular than Wizkid

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sister To Tonto Dikeh: Janemena Enjoyed Kpokpogri's Money He Didn't See Her Pant / "You Look Old And Aged" - Fan To Kaffy The Dancer Queen / Mark Zuckerberg And Wife Welcome Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.