Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,299 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

"Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast (47716 Views)

Fans React As Wizkid's American Ex, Justine Skye Post Curvy Pictures For Valenti / I'd Love To Collaborate With Burna Boy And Wizkid — American Rapper, Saweetie / ‘without Drake, Nobody Will Know Wizkid’ – American Oaps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by 9jaRealist: 10:01am On Jun 25, 2019
globemoney:

You really need to go study about us music scene. They don’t care about your African market, they only come here when they are invited for shows of which they are paid heavily. Nigerian music industry don’t yet have the facilities that’s why Akon will always be teacher and more popular than Wizkid

grin grin grin

Why is it paining you?
You do realize that “abroad” is not limited to Africa?!

Meanwhile, what happened to all those US artistes who went bankrupt? LMAO!
>

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by iwantolive: 10:06am On Jun 25, 2019
Studyinchina200:
Do business or get into agriculture.

Is it a must to work under someone?

Did you read anywhere i said i need work?
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 25, 2019
For them to give him their time, quality airtime, shows WizKid is going global. Starboy making Nigeria proud
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by veeberry(m): 10:51am On Jun 25, 2019
Me I only know DJ Khalid. Ndi oriiii
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by Kenneth10110(m): 10:51am On Jun 25, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

bro, leave these people writing rubbish online.... at that price, he would be getting MORE THAN DRAKE (per shows)

He never even get pass Young thug who knows if he gets half of the dude pay not to talk of Drake.

1 Like

Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by paxonel(m): 11:22am On Jun 25, 2019
9jaRealist:

Again, who cares? 1.2 billion Africans - and more (4 times the US population) cares about Afrobeats.
it's a good thing! We are all happy about it, even Americans are very much happy that Africans do recognize their own. But certainly, that should not be interpreted that because africanns recognizes afro beat, therefore Americans should also do likewise by all means.

If wizkid must be recognized then he should do a complete African afro beat like Fela Anikulapo Kuti did when he was nominated globally, not the rubbish he is doing that Africans like .

You Africans need to wake up and be competitive with the world.
What the Nigerian society love so much in music and others are always sub standard. grin

Why?
Because of the poor education in Africa, it's as simple as that.

Thankfully, not everyone shares your inferiority complex, which elevates ignorance because it’s in an Oyinbo accent. SMH
>
this is a pure comment of inferiority complex, wake up boy grin

Have you ever asked, why is that no Nigerian musician has ever been nominated for Grammy these days?

You people are putting pride in mediocrity grin
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by DSoj(m): 1:58pm On Jun 25, 2019
9jaRealist:

And you think Wizkid is only known in Naija?
Abegi, there are at least 1.2 billion Africans (4x the US population) who would demur.
>

Those guys are surely talking about US. Not Africa
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:56pm On Jun 25, 2019
olalat:
so, what's the difference. Does he need Americans validation and certification before he lives his live. Wizzy is an African, singing African type of music and well popular in Africa. If Americans refuse to recognise him, let's appreciate our own pls.

who isnt appreciating Wizkid here but at the same time as we appreciate local artists, let us all be realistic about them...
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by Chukwujekwu042(m): 3:46pm On Jun 25, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:
BullShait!

I love wizkid so much, i can use my vagina to wage Kola for him.
Easy naah grin
NwanyiOkpa:
BullShait!

Easy naah
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by Chukwujekwu042(m): 3:46pm On Jun 25, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:
BullShait!

Easy naah grin
NwanyiOkpa:
BullShait!

Easy naah
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by 9jaRealist: 2:36am On Jun 26, 2019
DSoj:

Those guys are surely talking about US. Not Africa

But the dude I am responding to seems to think Wizkid is only known in Nigeria...
>

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by 9jaRealist: 2:49am On Jun 26, 2019
paxonel:
it's a good thing! We are all happy about it, even Americans are very much happy that Africans do recognize their own. But certainly, that should not be interpreted that because africanns recognizes afro beat, therefore Americans should also do likewise by all means.

If wizkid must be recognized then he should do a complete African afro beat like Fela Anikulapo Kuti did when he was nominated globally, not the rubbish he is doing that Africans like .

What the Nigerian society love so much in music and others are always sub standard. grin

Why?

Have you ever asked, why is that no Nigerian musician has ever been nominated for Grammy these days?

For seemingly the zillionth time, who gives a rat’s behind?
Myriad musical genres have survived and thrived without mainstream America ‘validation’.

Meanwhile, I do not appreciate anyone referring to an adult Black/African person as “boy” (for more reasons than one)...
I realize that you’re not American, but as you obviously worship the US, you should know better than to indulge in crude racist dog whistles.
>
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by 9jaRealist: 2:54am On Jun 26, 2019
paxonel:

Why?

Not even going to mention that Seun Kuti was nominated for a 2019 Grammy Award (or that Femi Kuti has been nominated FOUR times in recent years), because I have no desire to dignify your drivel nor the desire to enlighten you on the limitations of the Grammies. SMDH
>
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by paxonel(m): 8:14am On Jun 26, 2019
9jaRealist:

Not even going to mention that Seun Kuti was nominated for a 2019 Grammy Award (or that Femi Kuti has been nominated FOUR times in recent years),
whatever!
It tells you that there is something that the kuti's are doing that vwizkid is yet to do.
So, all these praise of wizkid you people are embarking on, it can only be done or recognized in Africa.

because I have no desire to dignify your drivel nor the desire to enlighten you on the limitations of the Grammies. SMDH
>
there are no limitations in Grammy.

Do something sensible lyrics and melody you will be atleast, close to be recognized, nominated and awarded .
Not those lokpo! lokpo!, tonko! tonko! of wizkid as if he is playing kpangolo and sell it to African audience who thinks music is kpangolo so they can dance azonto, shaku shaku and leg walk.

Who cares about all that in the general world?
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by paxonel(m): 8:29am On Jun 26, 2019
9jaRealist:

I realize that you’re not American,
very African

but as you obviously worship the US,

you should know better than to indulge in crude racist dog whistles.
>
how many African DJ's have posted in their postcasts that one American hip hop artist came to Africa and he was not recognized simply because his music is kpangolo?

That will never happen because their hip hop songs are far more superior, with better meaningful lyrics.

You better go back and grasp the definition of racism.
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by DSoj(m): 9:51am On Jun 26, 2019
9jaRealist:

But the dude I am responding to seems to think Wizkid is only known in Nigeria...
>

Come onn. Who doesn't know Wizzy in Africa. Habaaa.
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by 9jaRealist: 2:42pm On Jun 26, 2019
DSoj:

Come onn. Who doesn't know Wizzy in Africa. Habaaa.

Well, dude apparently doesn’t know that... grin
>
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by 9jaRealist: 2:46pm On Jun 26, 2019
paxonel:
very African
how many African DJ's have posted in their postcasts that one American hip hop artist came to Africa and he was not recognized simply because his music is kpangolo?

That will never happen because their hip hop songs are far more superior, with better meaningful lyrics.

You better go back and grasp the definition of racism.

Dude, every post betrays you’re obviously out of your intellectual depth...
You not only understand basic concepts, but terms like “dog whistle” bamboozle you. SMH
>
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by 9jaRealist: 2:49pm On Jun 26, 2019
paxonel:
whatever!
It tells you that there is something that the kuti's are doing that vwizkid is yet to do.
So, all these praise of wizkid you people are embarking on, it can only be done or recognized in Africa.

Do something sensible lyrics and melody you will be atleast, close to be recognized, nominated and awarded .
Not those lokpo! lokpo!, tonko! tonko! of wizkid as if he is playing kpangolo and sell it to African audience who thinks music is kpangolo so they can dance azonto, shaku shaku and leg walk.

The tens of millions that have made him more popular and richer than you and progeny will likely ever be... grin grin grin
>
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by Paul112(m): 3:08pm On Jun 26, 2019
If nobody talks about you then you are nobody, but as far as they gathered together to discuss about wizikid, it shows wizkid is somebody to them or a popular figure in america
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by paxonel(m): 4:36pm On Jun 26, 2019
9jaRealist:

The tens of millions that have made him more popular and richer than you and progeny will likely ever be... grin grin grin
>
bad argument!
Don't drag me into this, i ain't no musical competitor.
By the way, why are you Africans quick to always compare people based on their popularity and financial achievement rather than their intelligence, isn't that sign of a bad value originated from the African poverty mindset? grin

Look at the wide margin of comparison you just did.
A commoner like me whose profession is not in anyway contrasting with music carrier compared to a popular music star like wiz kid.

That's extremely ridiculous of you.
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by paxonel(m): 4:45pm On Jun 26, 2019
9jaRealist:

Dude, every post betrays you’re obviously out of your intellectual depth...
You not only understand basic concepts, but terms like “dog whistle” bamboozle you. SMH
>
the dog whistle you used isn't the contention that's your opinion about me and it does not in anyway relate to what we are saying that's why i ignored it.

You used crude racist on it without showing how it applies to my point of view.

That isn't a sound comment grin
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by 9jaRealist: 2:58am On Jun 27, 2019
paxonel:
bad argument!
By the way, why are you Africans quick to always compare people based on their popularity and financial achievement rather than their intelligence, isn't that sign of a bad value originated from the African poverty mindset? grin

A commoner like me whose profession is not in anyway contrasting with music carrier compared to a popular music star like wiz kid.

Were you Under the Influence when you made post below (highlighted)? Or are you just generally confused? grin grin grin

paxonel:
whatever!

Because you appear so completely befuddled at being reminded of "who cares about all that"? grin grin grin
>
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by 9jaRealist: 3:07am On Jun 27, 2019
paxonel:
very African
paxonel:
bad argument!

Were you looking into a mirror when you wrote the highlighted drivel above? undecided
>

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by 9jaRealist: 3:09am On Jun 27, 2019
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by paxonel(m): 7:54am On Jun 27, 2019
9jaRealist:

Were you looking into a mirror when you wrote the highlighted drivel above? undecided
>
you know what?
I really don't have time for people who make conclusions without premises.

If you really want to prove i was looking at the mirror come out with a sound explanation to support your claim or back off and painfully swallow the fact that wiz kid can never be recognized everywhere in the world. grin

Simple.
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by 9jaRealist: 9:39pm On Jun 27, 2019
paxonel:
you know what?
I really don't have time for people who make conclusions without premises.

If you really want to prove i was looking at the mirror come out with a sound explanation to support your claim or back off and painfully swallow the fact that wiz kid can never be recognized everywhere in the world. grin

Simple.

For the billionth time...
Who cares? Probably over a billion Africans/non-Africans recognize him!

Meanwhile, I feel your PAIN... grin grin grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9710320_20190626094707_jpegf8e249708dfe0284b855f5af565ec361
>
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by booksrite(f): 8:23am On Jun 29, 2019
9jarealist:
Why is it paining you? You do realize that “abroad” is not limited to Africa?!Meanwhile, what happened to all those US artistes who went bankrupt? LMAO!>

smiley
Re: "Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast by booksrite001: 9:36am On Jul 02, 2019
9jarealist:
But the dude I am responding to seems to think Wizkid is only known in Nigeria...>

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mark Zuckerberg And Wife Welcome Daughter / Laura Ikeji In Hot Crazy Jean (Photos) / Funke Abisogun AlHassan Dies Days After Childbirth (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.