Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Lightening Destroys Lady's Car In Abuja This Morning - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lightening Destroys Lady's Car In Abuja This Morning (63799 Views)

Igor Moroz Destroys His Mercedes-AMG G63 SUV By Dropping It From Helicopter / 'Men Are Idiots And I Married Their King' - Nigerian Lady's Car Sticker Reads / New Prado Jeep Burnt In Abuja This Morning (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lightening Destroys Lady's Car In Abuja This Morning by lexy2014: 3:24pm On Jun 25, 2019
chaw:

RIGHT NOW THERE IS REPLACEMENT GOING ON IN NPA..IF YOU KNOW SOMEONE THERE BE FAST

What exactly are they replacing at NPA? Can u help with d details?
Re: Lightening Destroys Lady's Car In Abuja This Morning by Rapmoney(m): 3:26pm On Jun 25, 2019
Fake news!
Re: Lightening Destroys Lady's Car In Abuja This Morning by lexy2014: 3:26pm On Jun 25, 2019
LegoMetahuman:
thunder dont actually strike during heavy rain. it is usually before or after the rain.

i have seeing something like this before. and it totally destroyed a tree and cooked it live.

not saying thats what happened to the car though, but its possible.

Lightening & thunder are two different things. U seem 2b mixing them up
Re: Lightening Destroys Lady's Car In Abuja This Morning by LegoMetahuman: 3:29pm On Jun 25, 2019
lexy2014:

and who is talking about lightning and thunder here?

do thunders strike without lightening?
Re: Lightening Destroys Lady's Car In Abuja This Morning by CyberWolf: 3:32pm On Jun 25, 2019
HeavenlyBang:
Fake. Cars are Faraday Cages and can't be burnt by lightning.

This car was in a fire accident, that's all. Nothing lightning-related.
Even though your analogy is true, There are instances where lightening can cause partial damage or even burn the whole vehicle down.

https://www.weather.gov/safety/lightning-cars

1 Like

Re: Lightening Destroys Lady's Car In Abuja This Morning by bixton(m): 3:33pm On Jun 25, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Take a look at this.
Maybe you'll change your thoughts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve6XGKZxYxA
Re: Lightening Destroys Lady's Car In Abuja This Morning by lexy2014: 3:36pm On Jun 25, 2019
LegoMetahuman:

Oga, thunder doesn't strike. It is lightening that strikes. D story is talking about lightening not thunder. Thunder is completely harmless unlike lightening. Am sure u now no d difference?
Re: Lightening Destroys Lady's Car In Abuja This Morning by UrVillagePpl: 3:44pm On Jun 25, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

oga u know book abeg cool grin grin

fake, fake and FAKE
Re: Lightening Destroys Lady's Car In Abuja This Morning by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jun 25, 2019
grin grin
TarOrfeek:

Village people are now using Spectranet to locate people.

This was precision air strike but the God of the woman saved her.
Re: Lightening Destroys Lady's Car In Abuja This Morning by Innobee99(m): 4:15pm On Jun 25, 2019
bunmconig:

can you render any assistance please??
I have an aunt there but will cost u some cash

Na naija we dey.....And fully sure to get it
Re: Lightening Destroys Lady's Car In Abuja This Morning by Psoul(m): 4:17pm On Jun 25, 2019
CocoaOla:
don't mind them they think everybody na olodo car can never complete a circuit for fire ignition from thunder and electric cable line the tire is ruber the paint is insulators na educated illiterate full Nigeria

You guys may be right but don't forget that there may be cases of exceptions in that Law of Physics.
In actuality, lightning flows around the outside of a car, and the majority of the current flows from the car's metal cage into the ground below. In essence, a car acts like a mobile Faraday cage.

However, not all vehicles are created equal anymore.

Convertibles do not have metal roofs, which compromises the Faraday cage effect. In addition, some vehicles are manufactured out of non-metal parts, which impedes electricity's ability to flow through the car.

Another caveat with regards to lightning safety within vehicles is the fact that some portions of the current can flow through the vehicle's electrical systems and metal appendages including radios, cell phone chargers, GPS units as well as car door handles, foot pedals, the steering column and the steering wheel.

Don't forget that there could also be different levels of strike.

Low Energy Strike...has no effect on the car. The energy dissipates through the body of the car.

Medium Energy Strike.... There may be a little more damage on the car or scratch and hole.

High Energy Strike This can cause the car to explode or set car on fire

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lightening Destroys Lady's Car In Abuja This Morning by mvem(m): 4:27pm On Jun 25, 2019
LegoMetahuman:

.many people here can't even differiantiate the two when Google even dey....what you see is the lightning and what you hear is the thunder....very simple
Re: Lightening Destroys Lady's Car In Abuja This Morning by mvem(m): 4:29pm On Jun 25, 2019
lexy2014:

Oga, thunder doesn't strike. It is lightening that strikes. D story is talking about lightening not thunder. Thunder is completely harmless unlike lightening. Am sure u now no d difference?
are you guyz really serious...many people don't know the difference ...thunder is just the noise from the lightening ...they are not separate . you are even making them look different. Charges in the air causes the lightening (the light you see), the sound it produces is called thunder
Re: Lightening Destroys Lady's Car In Abuja This Morning by mvem(m): 4:31pm On Jun 25, 2019
lexy2014:

they are thesame ...lightening is what you see, the sound it produces is called thunder
Re: Lightening Destroys Lady's Car In Abuja This Morning by DJInfluence: 4:40pm On Jun 25, 2019
This has nothing to do with lightening. One should be safe in a car if lightening struck. Was the car just all metal parts and were there no tyres? This story get as e be. I sure say na Nollywood director come up with this kind story.

If you are in doubt, then read the below or just google the topic

Rubber tires aren't why you're safe in a car during a lightning storm. ... You're safe in a car because the lightning will travel around the surface of the vehicle and then go to ground. This occurs because the vehicle acts like a Faraday cage.
Re: Lightening Destroys Lady's Car In Abuja This Morning by deepwater(f): 4:44pm On Jun 25, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Where u actually expecting the OP and her aunt to understand faraday cage?
Re: Lightening Destroys Lady's Car In Abuja This Morning by lexy2014: 4:45pm On Jun 25, 2019
mvem:
they are thesame ...lightening is what you see, the sound it produces is called thunder

I hear oh
Re: Lightening Destroys Lady's Car In Abuja This Morning by lexy2014: 4:48pm On Jun 25, 2019
mvem:
are you guyz really serious...many people don't know the difference ...thunder is just the noise from the lightening ...they are not separate . you are even making them look different. Charges in the air causes the lightening (the light you see), the sound it produces is called thunder

Is thunder harmful?
Re: Lightening Destroys Lady's Car In Abuja This Morning by mvem(m): 4:53pm On Jun 25, 2019
lexy2014:

Is thunder harmful?
is the sound from a gun harmful....this your question sef
Re: Lightening Destroys Lady's Car In Abuja This Morning by lexy2014: 4:55pm On Jun 25, 2019
mvem:
is the sound from a gun harmful....this your question sef

We aren't discussing about gun. But d fact that u even asked that question has tilted d argument in my favour. U say they are one& d same thing. One of d charactistics of lightening is that it is harmful. Is thunder therefore harmful?
Re: Lightening Destroys Lady's Car In Abuja This Morning by myfan: 5:12pm On Jun 25, 2019
Chineke! And it was right inside the compound?
Re: Lightening Destroys Lady's Car In Abuja This Morning by Oshin56(m): 5:40pm On Jun 25, 2019
chaw:

RIGHT NOW THERE IS REPLACEMENT GOING ON IN NPA..IF YOU KNOW SOMEONE THERE BE FAST
pls PM bro
Re: Lightening Destroys Lady's Car In Abuja This Morning by abuuthmaan: 5:55pm On Jun 25, 2019
chaw:

Guy if you can hook me up genuinely, I am ready to pay any amount
Re: Lightening Destroys Lady's Car In Abuja This Morning by number75(m): 6:01pm On Jun 25, 2019
Please which part of Abuja
Re: Lightening Destroys Lady's Car In Abuja This Morning by 2RUTHHURTS(m): 6:05pm On Jun 25, 2019
kingreign:

This is fake and it's a lie. Remember cars are formed in a way similar to Faraday cage?
Car Manufacturers earth all their cars, besides, all cars conduct and transmit charges from lightening to the earth harmlessly.
Pls can you explain how cars are earthed when sitting on four ideal insulator tires?

1 Like

Re: Lightening Destroys Lady's Car In Abuja This Morning by kingreign(m): 6:11pm On Jun 25, 2019
2RUTHHURTS:

Pls can you explain how cars are earthed when sitting on four ideal insulator tires?
all electrical in cars have Earth or ground wirings. So what then do you call those ground wires attached to bare metal frames on the body? Earth wire. Meaning the car is grounded/earthed.
Re: Lightening Destroys Lady's Car In Abuja This Morning by pinkvirus: 6:13pm On Jun 25, 2019
chaw:

pls is there any way u can help. pls.help me.
Re: Lightening Destroys Lady's Car In Abuja This Morning by olamakinde(m): 6:54pm On Jun 25, 2019
The gods are angry with your sister
Re: Lightening Destroys Lady's Car In Abuja This Morning by mvem(m): 7:05pm On Jun 25, 2019
lexy2014:

We aren't discussing about gun. But d fact that u even asked that question has tilted d argument in my favour. U say they are one& d same thing. One of d charactistics of lightening is that it is harmful. Is thunder therefore harmful?
can you hear yourself ...thunder is the sound resulting from the lightning ....what you hear is the thunder and what you see is the lightning( they are one and thesame but different by what senses you use to percieve them) ....ok to make you happy,the sound doesn't kill only the light that carry high voltage charges that kills ...any more questions ?
Re: Lightening Destroys Lady's Car In Abuja This Morning by lexy2014: 7:10pm On Jun 25, 2019
mvem:
can you hear yourself ...thunder is the sound resulting from the lightning ....what you hear is the thunder and what you see is the lightning( they are one and thesame but different by what senses you use to percieve them) ....ok to make you happy,the sound doesn't kill only the light that carry high voltage charges that kills ...any more questions ?

I don't need u 2 make me happy oga. That's not ur responsibility. After all ur rigmarole, were has it ended?
Re: Lightening Destroys Lady's Car In Abuja This Morning by mvem(m): 7:18pm On Jun 25, 2019
lexy2014:

I don't need u 2 make me happy oga. That's not ur responsibility. After all ur rigmarole, were has it ended?
alright ...I did not rigmarole, I stated fact ....
Re: Lightening Destroys Lady's Car In Abuja This Morning by lexy2014: 7:25pm On Jun 25, 2019
mvem:
alright ...I did not rigmarole, I stated fact ....

That's good grin cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Documents Needed When Buying A Used Car / The All New 2024 Toyota Prado... What's Your Take? / Driver Covers Himself With Umbrella While Driving An Open-roof Benz In The Rain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.