Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,195 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" (80211 Views)

Man Who Told Wole Soyinka To Get Up His Seat, Reveals The Reason / Mo Abudu Celebrates Her Driver Of 20 Years (Photos) / Picture Of Mo Abudu At The "Premiere Of "Wedding Party 2" Has Got Fans Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by seunmohmoh(f): 11:59pm On Jun 25, 2019
bendike:

Hot lepa grin
Sir grin

1 Like

Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 12:05am On Jun 26, 2019
arrestdarrester:
Whoever that young man was he just succeeded in making a mountain out of a mole hill. The Nobel Laureate did not as much as exchange any word with him. The Laureate got up from the seat and relocated on request. Although the young man did not in any way disrespect Prof Wole Soyinka, his successful mountaineering of this mole hill on social media shows the height of his stupidity. Shame on that young man.

He is not the one uploading pictures.

1 Like

Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by DANLOVELYHOOD: 1:55am On Jun 26, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Soyinka goofed .He should apologise to Nigerian youths who are represented by that young man

i dont think you ever had any formal education at all
with all this well stated and over clarified statements you stil find it difficult to make sense of it

nawa ooo
crude shallow minded Nigerians everywhere making case out of nothing
Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by Shinjitsu: 2:03am On Jun 26, 2019
If you are young and you are supporting wole soyinka you are the biggest fool and idiot on earth

He is the fool that brought cultism to nigeria universities

Millions lost their life's because of this bingo? Do know how it feels for a mother to look at her sons corpse?

His talking about respect right..did he respect the government when he brought in cultism to Nigerian universities?

Did he respect the mothers that lost their children to cultism?

wole soyinka Is a fool
Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by gare(f): 2:43am On Jun 26, 2019
jerryunit48:
The guy sha for respect the Nobel Winner , I remember seeing Wole Soyinka at MM when I wanted to buy a few things at the duty free some years back I was going to Europe, I was so carried away I could have willingly given him my seat

That's is you, but it doesn't make the boy wrong, why did the prof not sit on his alloted seat corruption everywhere, that's not your seat it has nothing to do with his status, if you care so much get him a teacher private jet so he can have as many window seat as possible
Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by chiedozie198100: 3:24am On Jun 26, 2019
enemyofprogress:
so the people that introduced sniper, introduced it for mumu
like you to commit suicide abi? You are foooooooool!

Go back and read the history of cultism in Nigeria and stop hating. Ode

u should go back n do the reading.

f00l.
Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by West2019(m): 3:32am On Jun 26, 2019
jerryunit48:
The guy sha for respect the Nobel Winner , I remember seeing Wole Soyinka at MM when I wanted to buy a few things at the duty free some years back I was going to Europe, I was so carried away I could have willingly given him my seat
cos na him paid dey ticket flight for him abi ?
Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by abels(m): 4:07am On Jun 26, 2019
you nor well
hisexcellency34:
Soyinka goofed .He should apologise to Nigerian youths who are represented by that young man
Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by otipoju(m): 4:08am On Jun 26, 2019
chiedozie198100:

Soyinka is a CIA agent if u don't know

And is that a bad thing?
Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by enemyofprogress: 4:26am On Jun 26, 2019
chiedozie198100:

u should go back n do the reading.

f00l.
see as I scatter your mumu points ode. Keep hating person wey God don bless, no go struggle look for work and leave your parents house at age 39 grin tongue
Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by chiedozie198100: 4:50am On Jun 26, 2019
otipoju:

And is that a bad thing?

no it's not.

why don't u go and apply?
Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by chiedozie198100: 4:52am On Jun 26, 2019
enemyofprogress:
see as I scatter your mumu points ode. Keep hating person wey God don bless, no go struggle look for work and leave your parents house at age 39 grin tongue

and u r how old? 5?
Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by AFONJACOW(m): 6:15am On Jun 26, 2019
I thought this one Don tore his green card, what is he going to do in America
Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by AFONJACOW(m): 6:17am On Jun 26, 2019
jerryunit48:
this is how people like you have been giving them what belongs to the youths since ages.... Anu mpama
Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by AFONJACOW(m): 6:22am On Jun 26, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

The hypocrisy of these fellas running up and down to talk for the old man is not only shameful but also disgraceful. These same peeps never held their tongue when lashing out at elder Jonathan (ex President).

What the young man did was courageous and very polite. The strength of a man is measured in his ability to withstand equals and superiors.

Name one thing that Wole contributed to this country aside personal honours. Don't honour those who never honoured your fathers.

Richdad
he introduced cultism
Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by Kirinwa: 6:36am On Jun 26, 2019
indigene:

So airplane seat has become a village bench?
Did Wole Soyinka pay for him or did he pay to rise up for an older person, who may not have a seat?
I will not even rise up for the head of state.

You won't go far in life with this attitude. Its not a curse but a fact.
Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by Kirinwa: 6:39am On Jun 26, 2019
AFONJACOW:
he introduced cultism

He didn't introduce any cultism.

It was the myopic youths that misguided themselves into turning his movement to a cult. It's just like SUG of a school, now when the new SUG decide to weild guns and knives. Who will you blame?

The person that formed SUG?

1 Like

Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by Venerable612(m): 7:02am On Jun 26, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

The hypocrisy of these fellas running up and down to talk for the old man is not only shameful but also disgraceful. These same peeps never held their tongue when lashing out at elder Jonathan (ex President).

What the young man did was courageous and very polite. The strength of a man is measured in his ability to withstand equals and superiors.

Name one thing that Wole contributed to this country aside personal honours. Don't honour those who never honoured your fathers.

Richdad

How naive.

Even if you do not appreciate this man’s contribution to literature in Africa, and the world... you sure should understand what it means to be a Nobel Laureate.

That’s not a mean feat - and to think that he is the only Nigerian to have ever achieved that. That should tell you that his contribution to literature is recognised globally. That is not a personal achievement. Personal achievements are winning best graduating students etc. When you win awards like global peace awards etc.... your contribution to humanity generally is recognised.

You should understand the difference!

I read your comments often - never expected this from you.

1 Like

Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by Venerable612(m): 7:09am On Jun 26, 2019
hisexcellency34:

Apologise for what exactly?

I take an exception to the young man representing me. Where I am from - we respect the elders. We give honour to whom honour is due.

To think that he cooked up all those comments about him exchanging contacts with the Prof and talking about how is a doctor in bla bla. It shows he is a Liar.

Please restrict your comments to some Nigerian youths.

1 Like

Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by lailo: 7:24am On Jun 26, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

Richdad
bros your ignorance is legendary

1 Like

Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by lailo: 7:24am On Jun 26, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

Richdad
bros your ignorance is legendary

1 Like

Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by blaqroy: 8:57am On Jun 26, 2019
Erediauwa:
Is Mo Abudu now the Chief Press Secretary of Wole Soyinka?

Short up first until we hear from the cap boy tongue tongue
Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by blaqroy: 8:59am On Jun 26, 2019
jerryunit48:

U too lie Oga... Nwa Agege like u
Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by Nobody: 9:00am On Jun 26, 2019
blaqroy:

Short up first until we hear from the cap boy tongue tongue
Be brilliant enough to spell correctly before you jump into my mentions like a wounded antelope.

It is "SHUT" and not "SHORT"

1 Like

Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by Ugosample(m): 9:14am On Jun 26, 2019
arrestdarrester:
Whoever that young man was he just succeeded in making a mountain out of a mole hill. The Nobel Laureate did not as much as exchange any word with him. The Laureate got up from the seat and relocated on request. Although the young man did not in any way disrespect Prof Wole Soyinka, his successful mountaineering of this mole hill on social media shows the height of his stupidity. Shame on that young man.

Tonye Cple was the punk ass fool that escalated this issue

not the young man, not the Prof

1 Like

Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by Ugosample(m): 9:16am On Jun 26, 2019
Onlyonebuhari:
Z
Can't u just borrow some sense of modesty......enough of social media immorality. Nigerians have cultures, heritages, traditions, knowledge and religions.
Nudity isn't our way!

which culture on earth does not have cultures, heritages, tradition and religion?
Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by Evangkatsoulis: 9:24am On Jun 26, 2019
Amujale:

I take it that you are a millennial.

Prof. Soyinka dominated our Literature classroom.

Taught me the African narrative.

Professor Soyinka is one of the only three blacksic academics to have won a Nobel Prize in Literature in the history of the prestigious awards. He is the first black person ever to win in that category.

Without his genius, all the teachers that ever taught you any subject would probably not be able to understand written language as well as they does now.

Hahaha. Would not have been able to understand written english without soyinka?
Funny man.
Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by jerryunit48: 9:25am On Jun 26, 2019
blaqroy:

U too lie Oga... Nwa Agege like u
pray to God for break through and elevation
Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by Amujale(m): 9:52am On Jun 26, 2019
Amujale:

Without his genius, all the teachers that ever taught you any subject would probably not be able to understand written language as well as they does now.

Evangkatsoulis:

Hahaha. Would not have been able to understand written english without soyinka?
Funny man.

Thank you for proving my point.

Cheers.
Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by Nobody: 10:09am On Jun 26, 2019
Amujale:

I agree with the spirit of your response, especially the fact that age shouldnt be used to try and gain an unfair advantage.

However, here is a mitigated circumstance, firstly, we talk about and elderly person who also happens to be a National treasure.

Lets give respect to where its due.

Even Oyinbo and Arabs dey respect there elderly and National Treasures.

I use public transport every now and then and i have lost count the amount of times youngsters invite the elderly to take their seats.

If na Oyinbo or Arab instead of tge Professor, that boy will probably sit their twitching his thumbs; never moving a muscle or uttering a word to them.

Its lack of home training or lack of the acceptance to home training.

Basic home training 101.

Always offer the best and most comfortable seat to an elderly person, because they need it and are bound to appreciate it the most.

Never complain if the elderly mistakingly take over your seat.

One day we are all going to become of age.

There's a common saying:

If an elderly person wishes to occupy a comfortable seat, the seat will miraculously become available.

Ti agbalagba ba fe joko, gbedigbedi yi o gbe omode.
This is pure psychology to suppress an individual in the name of respect. What did the Prof did was wrong in all ramification hence using this cheap blackmail to score a point isn't right. This gives room for other persons to continue with same thing which becomes a norm. Many will use this parameter to suppress younger ones because they have grey hair.There are instances were you consider the aged. For example you politely ask an old man that he is sitting on your sit and he politely tells you to allow him seat considering his condition. In this case you should just move to the next sit because you considered his attitude and response to the situation on ground. However when you do same thing to another in the same age bracket and the response result in pomposity then it might result to quarrel. Forget the fact that he is old, many wouldn't take it likely with him. This attitude is exhibited by many old men claiming to be right. Someone persons on this forum condemning the young man for confronting prof( if the story is true) shows that they can be easily suppressed and blackmailed. Seats are allocated on planes and buses to solve issue of this nature. When you follow due process you are respected more instead of hiding on the notion of culture and norm to suppress an individual. Some persons even said that the young man lacks home training without considering his feelings at all. This is what many politicians do in Nigeria when they hide on religion or culture to commit an actrocity.
Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by Gunner1759: 11:18am On Jun 26, 2019
Please speak with wisdom. You must not give evidence or example of that which you dont know happened or why it happened. Cultism and her ideology was a noble cause when it started. The current Nigerian student lost track of its core values and became misguided.

Shinjitsu:
If you are young and you are supporting wole soyinka you are the biggest fool and idiot on earth

He is the fool that brought cultism to nigeria universities

Millions lost their life's because of this bingo? Do know how it feels for a mother to look at her sons corpse?

His talking about respect right..did he respect the government when he brought in cultism to Nigerian universities?

Did he respect the mothers that lost their children to cultism?

wole soyinka Is a fool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"I Am From Anambra" - Wesley Snipes To Ben Bruce: Pics & Video / Monalisa Chinda: My Daughter Saw Tiwa Savage And Abandoned Me At Lagos Marathon / Daddy Freeze Finally Replies Pastor David Ibiyeomie Over Death Threat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.