Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" (80181 Views)

Man Who Told Wole Soyinka To Get Up His Seat, Reveals The Reason / Mo Abudu Celebrates Her Driver Of 20 Years (Photos) / Picture Of Mo Abudu At The "Premiere Of "Wedding Party 2" Has Got Fans Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by DuxofMen: 12:12pm On Jun 26, 2019
asuustrike1:

This is pure psychology to suppress an individual in the name of respect. What did the Prof did was wrong in all ramification hence using this cheap blackmail to score a point isn't right. This gives room for other persons to continue with same thing which becomes a norm. Many will use this parameter to suppress younger ones because they have grey hair.There are instances were you consider the aged. For example you politely ask an old man that he is sitting on your sit and he politely tells you to allow him seat considering his condition. In this case you should just move to the next sit because you considered his attitude and response to the situation on ground. However when you do same thing to another in the same age bracket and the response result in pomposity then it might result to quarrel. Forget the fact that he is old, many wouldn't take it likely with him. This attitude is exhibited by many old men claiming to be right. Someone persons on this forum condemning the young man for confronting prof( if the story is true) shows that they can be easily suppressed and blackmailed. Seats are allocated on planes and buses to solve issue of this nature. When you follow due process you are respected more instead of hiding on the notion of culture and norm to suppress an individual. Some persons even said that the young man lacks home training without considering his feelings at all. This is what many politicians do in Nigeria when they hide on religion or culture to commit an actrocity.

Obviously you lack understanding in certain areas. You try to equate the physical abilities of the aged to that of younger people by insinuations. It's only until recently that I also, began to appreciate the respect and cultural considerations that the African society accords their aged. My mother will be 80 this year and the physical and mental transformation she's gone through in our eyes sometimes just beggars belief. I often wonder how a vibrant, sometimes aggressive bundle of energy can be so transformed. It's even worse if they also have mental challenges in addition, as remembering things and being easily confused are normal traits in the aged. It will happen to us all at some point if we grow to a ripe old age. Sadly being a celebrated literary icon and Nobel laureate does not exempt you. If you consider that the erudite professor is 84 years, you might excuse the fact that mistook his seat for another or needed a more comfortable one. Whichever it is, we can't situation the physical and mental abilities of the aged with the young and for that reason alone, culture and tradition notwithstanding, showing them respect and considerations is wisdom.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by Amujale(m): 12:16pm On Jun 26, 2019
DuxofMen:

Obviously you lack understanding in certain areas. You try to equate the physical abilities of the aged to that of younger people by insinuations. It's only until recently that I also, began to appreciate the respect and cultural considerations that the African society accords their aged. My mother will be 80 this year and the physical and mental transformation she's gone through in our eyes sometimes just beggars belief. I often wonder how a vibrant, sometimes aggressive bundle of energy can be so transformed. It's even worse if they also have mental challenges in addition, as remembering things and being easily confused are normal traits in the aged. It will happen to us all at some point if we grow to a ripe old age. Sadly being a celebrated literary icon and Nobel laureate does not exempt you. If you consider that the erudite professor is 84 years, you might excuse the fact that mistook his seat for another or needed a more comfortable one. Whichever it is, we can't situation the physical and mental abilities of the aged with the young and for that reason alone, culture and tradition notwithstanding, showing them respect and considerations is wisdom.

Your intelligence is a thing of beauty and i agree with you 100%.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by otipoju(m): 12:22pm On Jun 26, 2019
chiedozie198100:

no it's not.

why don't u go and apply?

Men go and sit down. I dont have time for unnecessary beer parlour talk.
Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by HBB1(m): 12:23pm On Jun 26, 2019
Gunner1759:
Please speak with wisdom. You must not give evidence or example of that which you dont know happened or why it happened. Cultism and her ideology was a noble cause when it started. The current Nigerian student lost track of its core values and became misguided.

I tire o.

Soyinka's fraternity was founded in the '50s and left university campuses in the '80s. Cultism as we know it today was prevalent in the 80s, how is it then Soyinka caused the situation on ground?

Was his Frat raping, gun slinging and knife wielding? Are there no Frats in the West?
Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by deolaarc(m): 12:42pm On Jun 26, 2019
We are trying to copy the western word, little did we forget that we are Africans
A young man trying to equate himself to an old man hiding under the pretense that youth have been suppressed not to stand for their right. What a Mentality, My this, my that.
What has this generation become?
Where is our Value, where is our heritage.
Egocentric, arrongant people everywhere.
Few successful people that I know are humble!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by Oritsewhandey(m): 3:31pm On Jun 26, 2019
Erediauwa:
Is Mo Abudu now the Chief Press Secretary of Wole Soyinka?
It's possible. Why not?
Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jun 26, 2019
DuxofMen:

Probably you didn't disgest the whole piece without attaching sentiment. I gave an unbiased view without looking at the parties involved. To set the record straight, I didn't equate the old man with that young as implied by you. They are not age mate but it doesn't mean someone's right will be suppresses on the ground of age. that is what the young man just did even though he was too harsh in his approach. Secondly I doubt if that is the first time prof flew a business class because he might have been use to sitting close to the window hence i doubt your submission that he forgot. What i frown at is why the air hostesses didn't provide similar seat for the young man. The person who posted this on the media though many will buy that crap of values, norms and tradition.He forgot that the young man paid the same amount the prof did. I want to believe that they are older persons on that same plane and they sat on their allocated seat. Issues like this had sprinforth on many occasion that is why seat numbers are given. I faulted prof because he is educated and exposed even though he had cleared. If non educated person had done same thing I would have pardon him or her not an enlighten person. Lastly this part of this world respect elders if you don't know know it now. Probably this should pass a message across that airliners should have VIP seat for certain people to avoid issues like this
Lastly the whole story turn out to be twisted story to gain traffic
Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by Bigsteveg(m): 10:00am On Jun 27, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Soyinka goofed .He should apologise to Nigerian youths who are represented by that young man
Who is representing Nigerian youths, my brother you are confused o.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by blaqroy: 11:56am On Jun 27, 2019
jerryunit48:
pray to God for break through and elevation

Amen my brother

1 Like

Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by blaqroy: 11:56am On Jun 27, 2019
Erediauwa:
Be brilliant enough to spell correctly before you jump into my mentions like a wounded antelope.

It is "SHUT" and not "SHORT"

Unemployed teacher tongue tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by booksrite001: 7:15am On Jul 02, 2019
deolaarc:
We are trying to copy the western word, little did we forget that we are AfricansA young man trying to equate himself to an old man hiding under the pretense that youth have been suppressed not to stand for their right. What a Mentality, My this, my that.What has this generation become?Where is our Value, where is our heritage.Egocentric, arrongant people everywhere.Few successful people that I know are humble!

cool
Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by Shinjitsu: 1:34am On Jul 11, 2019
Gunner1759:
Please speak with wisdom. You must not give evidence or example of that which you dont know happened or why it happened. Cultism and her ideology was a noble cause when it started. The current Nigerian student lost track of its core values and became misguided.

Christianity and her ideology was a noble cause when it came to Africa..We keep blaming the white for it right...Cause it changed Africa ever since

So who is to blame for bring cultism to Nigerian university

Think before you talk
Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by Amujale(m): 3:35pm On Jul 11, 2019
Shinjitsu:

Christianity and her ideology was a noble cause when it came to Africa..

Christianity and noble cause are words and their opposite.

Nobody in their correct senses is meant to use 'Christianity' and 'noble cause' in the same sentence.

When infact all the evidence suggest that Abrahamic religions are all weapons of mass destruction.

Abrahamic religions are all false, fake and counterintuitive.

Shinjitsu:

..We keep blaming the white for it right...Cause it changed Africa ever since

And rightfully so, because it changed Africa in a negative way, before the forcefull introduction of Abrahamic religions, Africans are living in relative peace and harmony.

Sadly, after the forcefull injection of Abrahamic religions, war, conflict and desease try to take over.

Now is the time to take back control and get rid of all of those fake Abrahamic religions that are counterintuitive, unAfrican and majorly unfit for purpose.
Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by Shinjitsu: 11:58pm On Jul 11, 2019
I just asked you one simple question

Who is to blame for all this?
Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by Amujale(m): 12:55am On Jul 12, 2019
Shinjitsu:
I just asked you one simple question

Who is to blame for all this?

All the authors of Abrahamic text and all the Eurocentric Royal European leaders are definately to blame.

The ancient Asian and ancient Eurocentric Crusaders and war mongerers definately are equally to blame.
Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by Shinjitsu: 7:29am On Jul 12, 2019
Amujale:

All the authors of Abrahamic text and all the Eurocentric Royal European leaders are definately to blame.

The ancient Asian and ancient Eurocentric Crusaders and war mongerers definately are equally to blame.

You blame them right?
Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by Amujale(m): 7:35am On Jul 12, 2019
Shinjitsu:

You blame them right?

Shall i repeat my previous response?

Amujale:

Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by Shinjitsu: 8:56am On Jul 12, 2019
You blame all authors of Abrahamic text,the eurocentric royal European and the crusaders

Now we blame wole soyinka for bring in cultism into Nigeria universities cause it has charged our universities for ever
Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by Amujale(m): 5:13pm On Jul 12, 2019
Humanity began in Africa and then our ancestors went on to populate the rest of the world.

Africans are the first people to explore and populate all the other 'continents.

Africans invented paper and they invented the ink pen.

Africans discovered the concepts of literacy.

Africans discovered the concepts of numeracy.

Civilization began in Africa and then it proceeded to trickle out to the rest of the world.

Everyone currently living on planet Earth all descend from African ethnicities.
Re: Airplane Seat: Wole Soyinka To Mo Abudu - "This Was What Happened" by meobizy(f): 12:28pm On Jun 15, 2021
It’s still like yesterday when Nairaland overflogged this issue. I learned something long ago; every situation must pass.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"I Am From Anambra" - Wesley Snipes To Ben Bruce: Pics & Video / Monalisa Chinda: My Daughter Saw Tiwa Savage And Abandoned Me At Lagos Marathon / Ini Edo Dances With Surgically Enhanced Shape At Rita Dominic’s Bridal Shower

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.