Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:31 AM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (449236 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by skywalker95(m): 6:18pm On Sep 24, 2019
skywalker95:
I just withdrew now using my africard on pp....and it says I could be pending for up to 72hrs if approved.....is that normal?
It cleared tho I'm still wondering what happened to 1050. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by emmyid(m): 6:26pm On Sep 24, 2019
nwafresh:

Lol...does it matter weda I resign or not? Making #50k+ monthly from QA is something worth doing. Before you'll get a job that pays such amount in Nigeria, you for don press buttons taya.
Like, I said, I hate FC calls till tomorrow. I know how I pick my calls grin

Lol.. Okay.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by emmyid(m): 6:27pm On Sep 24, 2019
skywalker95:
I was charged 1050 by uba for card activation fee. Is that normal?

Yes na. Isn't it like paying for ATM card ni? U think cards are free? Lol
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by skywalker95(m): 6:28pm On Sep 24, 2019
emmyid:

Yes na. Isn't it like paying for ATM card ni? U think cards are free? Lol
But I paid 1000 for the card when I collected it
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by emmyid(m): 6:31pm On Sep 24, 2019
skywalker95:

But I paid 1000 for the card when I collected it

Really? You know PayPal deducts some money after card verification, right? Has that been deducted from your account, already? Although, it would be returned to your account.

The bank isn't supposed to charge you double.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by skywalker95(m): 6:32pm On Sep 24, 2019
emmyid:

Really? You know PayPal deducts some money after card verification, right? Has that been deducted from your account, already? Although, it would be returned to your account.

The bank isn't supposed to charge you double.
Paypal has deducted and refunded
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Cuteimma1(m): 7:00pm On Sep 24, 2019
Confirm. phone works for me too though I never hit $15 a week
nwafresh:

People complain about using phone for this job as a total waste of time but I can't help but to laugh.. Well, just because something don't work for you doesn't mean others ain't taking advantage of it.. Right from when I joined this platform, I've bin using my phone for this business. I complained about the obstacle at first but I sat down and developed a pattern for the job and that's what I've been using ever since. I make nothing less than $40 a week with PHONE, minus the bonus( and that's if I'm lazy that week or due to call scarcity) working with my phone is just like chatting with my hommies(so fast). Lol.. Well, weda PC or phone, the end point is to make money. Stop complaining and start doing what works best for you.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Prinss: 8:10pm On Sep 24, 2019
@hausadreturn @thorrvik55 @drawnobet i'ld like to exchange a small amt. of pp funds don't know if you're interested?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 8:32pm On Sep 24, 2019
Prinss, how many $?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Prinss: 8:36pm On Sep 24, 2019
thorrvik55:
Prinss, how many $?
Just 16
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by renewable1(m): 8:36pm On Sep 24, 2019
Wow!
Nice thread
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 8:37pm On Sep 24, 2019
Prinss:

Just 16

Today or when QA payment shows on Thursday?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Prinss: 8:41pm On Sep 24, 2019
thorrvik55:

Today or when QA payment shows on Thursday?

Tomorrow if you dont mind. If you're on whatsapp wld like us to comm. there
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Thraedz(m): 8:58pm On Sep 24, 2019
hausadreturn:
That nobody replied you in kind doesn't mean I would not.

They're the ones keeping you busy. They keep food on our tables.
What exactly are you trying to say?

You obviously lost the context in which I posed that question. Only Filipinos are recruited as Analyst on QA. Then I asked what's special about them. Is there something they possess that others don't? Why is being an Analyst only exclusive to Filipinos? That's the context of the question
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Thraedz(m): 9:03pm On Sep 24, 2019
nwafresh:
People complain about using phone for this job as a total waste of time but I can't help but to laugh.. Well, just because something don't work for you doesn't mean others ain't taking advantage of it.. Right from when I joined this platform, I've bin using my phone for this business. I complained about the obstacle at first but I sat down and developed a pattern for the job and that's what I've been using ever since. I make nothing less than $40 a week with PHONE, minus the bonus( and that's if I'm lazy that week or due to call scarcity) working with my phone is just like chatting with my hommies(so fast). Lol.. Well, weda PC or phone, the end point is to make money. Stop complaining and start doing what works best for you.
True. I use a mobile phone too and it works well for me. I'm sure a PC will work just as well. Never made less than $40 since my first week of work.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 9:11pm On Sep 24, 2019
Prinss:

Tomorrow if you dont mind. If you're on whatsapp wld like us to comm. there

I sent u a pm
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by hausadreturn(m): 10:21pm On Sep 24, 2019
Thraedz:

You obviously lost the context in which I posed that question. Only Filipinos are recruited as Analyst on QA. Then I asked what's special about them. Is there something they possess that others don't? Why is being an Analyst only exclusive to Filipinos? That's the context of the question
Okay. Fair enough. My bad.
The "what's so special about the Filipinos" didn't sit well with me is why.

Who else do you want as analysts?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Sukueponmalu: 10:45pm On Sep 24, 2019
skywalker95:
I was charged 1050 by uba for card activation fee. Is that normal?
Did you even go through the paperwork that came with your prepaid card?

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by skywalker95(m): 11:26pm On Sep 24, 2019
Sukueponmalu:

Did you even go through the paperwork that came with your prepaid card?
Brilliant comment. I'll do that now.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 11:53pm On Sep 24, 2019
OiOi:
I don't have a laptop. Can I use my phone to start...
I just stumbled on this thread

Yes, of course. I've been working with my android phone too.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 11:58pm On Sep 24, 2019
samsard:
Transcription on a smartphone is a joke compared to a computer, unless of course you are not good with a computer.
I've used both, phones are convenient for the laziness factor in that I can lie down, but a smartphone still doesn't beat a full PC.
Try completing a 40 minute FC call on a smartphone grin

I've done that on three occasions... I love the "laziness factor" too.
But, I love working on both devices. The only difference is, I can take my phone with me wherever. Unlike the lappy, I'll be scared if dropping it and have to go fix the screen or others... angry angry
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 12:02am On Sep 25, 2019
hausadreturn:
Everything, and I mean everything, needed to work on QA has been shared here. Tips, loopholes, etc. etc.

It's a question of if you can read.

You got it, bro!
I know, I shared my tip on working with phones, one or two others did too.
Its really a question of, if you can read. cool
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 12:25am On Sep 25, 2019
Y'all be making us proud. $40 a week is no easy feat, guys!

I can imagine your response/reaction, when you see "lazy Nigerian youths" gathered, discussing how Buharinomics is not favorable to them... grin grin grin

Thank God for Damilola, who first introduced this gig and put the likes of hausadreturn, samsard, thorrvik55, drawnobet, and others too numerous to mention through.

With this gig, no employer can do any unnecessary shakara for me. The way I quit my job last month still brings joy like a river to my heart. grin cool

So, for y'all "newbies", we didn't get this knowledge on a platter either. My account was deactivated twice. At some point, I questioned my certificate, did a lot of research. But, here I am today.
We put our experiences down in this thread, all our challenges and how we overcame them. All that's left is for y'all "newbies" to do yourself a favor and READ.
The previous thread, I read through it, set up my account, before I commented to appreciate the gurus. And whenever I encountered a challenge, I backread.
But, when you wear "newbie" as a title and expect everything to fall in place for you, watch out, you have another thing coming.

6 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by emmyid(m): 6:43am On Sep 25, 2019
brijibs:
Y'all be making us proud. $40 a week is no easy feat, guys!

I can imagine your response/reaction, when you see "lazy Nigerian youths" gathered, discussing how Buharinomics is not favorable to them... grin grin grin

Thank God for Damilola, who first introduced this gig and put the likes of hausadreturn, samsard, thorrvik55, drawnobet, and others too numerous to mention through.

With this gig, no employer can do any unnecessary shakara for me. The way I quit my job last month still brings joy like a river to my heart. grin cool

So, for y'all "newbies", we didn't get this knowledge on a platter either. My account was deactivated twice. At some point, I questioned my certificate, did a lot of research. But, here I am today.
We put our experiences down in this thread, all our challenges and how we overcame them. All that's left is for y'all "newbies" to do yourself a favor and READ.
The previous thread, I read through it, set up my account, before I commented to appreciate the gurus. And whenever I encountered a challenge, I backread.
But, when you wear "newbie" as a title and expect everything to fall in place for you, watch out, you have another thing coming.

I love this!!!
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by pmc01(m): 7:05am On Sep 25, 2019
Thraedz:

True. I use a mobile phone too and it works well for me. I'm sure a PC will work just as well. Never made less than $40 since my first week of work.

What's the platform please? Can you enlighten a newbie like me please?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Thraedz(m): 7:16am On Sep 25, 2019
pmc01:

Read from page 1. You'll get the drift. If the number of pages is a deterrent, read 1 through 30. That should get you acquainted and started. All the information I needed was in those pages. All others was repetition and conversations.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by 3RNEST(m): 7:22am On Sep 25, 2019
pmc01:

https://app.qa-world.com/
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 7:30am On Sep 25, 2019
Please I'm transcribing, after the rep mentioned his name, I didn't here anything again, im only hearing something like when a call is being dialed.. pls what does this mean.

And what is missing stamped?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Prinss: 9:09am On Sep 25, 2019
thorrvik55:

I sent u a pm
I've replied you. Waiting for ur response
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by pmc01(m): 10:28am On Sep 25, 2019
Thraedz:

Read from page 1. You'll get the drift. If the number of pages is a deterrent, read 1 through 30. That should get you acquainted and started. All the information I needed was in those pages. All others was repetition and conversations.

Thank you
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by pmc01(m): 10:28am On Sep 25, 2019
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by 3RNEST(m): 10:44am On Sep 25, 2019
pmc01:

Thank you
U welcome, but backread for better understanding

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (398)

Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting / Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 / Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.