Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (424000 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 4:44pm On Sep 26, 2019
3RNEST:

That's to say the small amount calls are easy to transcribe and earn fast rite?

Nope. Read with understanding, please.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by 3RNEST(m): 4:46pm On Sep 26, 2019
brijibs:

He probably diet read the page on this thread where we analysed how to pick good calls that won't kill you. cool
Newbie that is not ready to read will ...
Baba drop page number for easy access... grin you know we are all here to learn
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 4:47pm On Sep 26, 2019
3RNEST:

Indeed the Accent part is really terrible, but what i did wheneva i pick a job, simply download the Audio file via the source code and use App to transcribe, then start cross-checkinq sentences to match the QA format, yet still not working for me but i'm going to looking your method since u be baba for the game.

Thanks for your input, Midnight Work get ready cuz ''No Leave, No Transfer'' grin

Those apps are mostly useless and a waste precious time. IMO
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by 3RNEST(m): 4:48pm On Sep 26, 2019
brijibs:

Nope. Read with understanding, please.
Thanks, even Se.un no fit read & understand he own site den na me abi grin

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 5:01pm On Sep 26, 2019
3RNEST:

Indeed the Accent part is really terrible, but what i did wheneva i pick a job, simply download the Audio file via the source code and use App to transcribe, then start cross-checkinq sentences to match the QA format, yet still not working for me but i'm going to looking your method since u be baba for the game.

Thanks for your input, Midnight Work get ready cuz ''No Leave, No Transfer'' grin
Don't download the audios, it's against the rules and they'll keep track of your account quietly!
We churn out hundreds of minutes without passing through that .
Plus those recordings contain personal information, taking it to another platform is violating a privacy policy

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by 3RNEST(m): 5:03pm On Sep 26, 2019
samsard:
Don't download the audios, it's against the rules and they'll keep track of your account quietly!
We churn out hundreds of minutes without passing through that .
Plus those recordings contain personal information, taking it to another platform is violating a privacy policy
Download and delete that's what i do, i dont keep those boring files on my system.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 5:04pm On Sep 26, 2019
Anyways, I have an experience to share. I planned on sharing this just after receipt of last week's pay, to be sure.
So, late Saturday night, I picked a 44min long call. Excited it was good call, I started transcribing.
After the 500th timestamp, the audio won't load. I ran to slack immediately. And as usually, they blamed it on my network. While I was trying to sort this with them, I opened an incognito page and started the job afresh there. At this time, I had 6hrs left to submit the job.
TL said the call had expired on me, my network was bad, and all sorts. I left her and simply did copy and paste.
Then, I got to the 542nd timestamp and the audio stopped loading. I ran back to slack, this time, I was really pissed! An SCC came to help, she too could not load beyond 500.
TL asked for screenshots, screen recording just to prove the call was still available to me, since she claimed someone else was working on the same call. I provided her with all she requested and waited. She said, I shouldn't bother continuing the job till they're able to figure out what the ish was.
30mins later, she call me, conducted another round of interview and hung up. But, before she hung up, she assured me I'd be paid for the length of time I'd worked on the call. But, it would be done manually, since I didn't get to complete and submit the call. Later, she apologized to me, that it was actually my email that was working on the call. So, it was a system glitch on their part.
I was elated! And decided to share, but only after I'd received the payment and confirmed I was paid for the 32+ mins I'd worked on that call. Through the night!

So, I'm sharing this because, we have this notion that they favor Philipinos more. While that may be true, if you do you due diligence, you just might be able to hold your own.

3 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 5:11pm On Sep 26, 2019
And, I just concluded a call I picked in the morning. angry

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 5:13pm On Sep 26, 2019
3RNEST:

Download and delete that's what i do, i dont keep those boring files on my system.

What about the transcription app, does file get deleted from their system after they're done with it?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by 3RNEST(m): 5:15pm On Sep 26, 2019
brijibs:

What about the transcription app, does file get deleted from their system after they're done with it?
The App have option to delete files completely.

Baba, drop those line on how to pick calls on QAWorld biko, we are waiting.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 5:38pm On Sep 26, 2019
3RNEST:

They know you're downloading those. If you plan to last without issues, transcribe like everyone does.
It's not impossible and they've made the platform a lot easier to use than it was months back when some of started.

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 5:41pm On Sep 26, 2019
brijibs:

That's even the MAIN issue. I know how much personal information I've come across and it's wrong to take those audios off Qaworld

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by queenDD(f): 5:43pm On Sep 26, 2019
emmyid:
Alert has arrived. Who wants to sell?

I have $12 for sale
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by 3RNEST(m): 5:46pm On Sep 26, 2019
samsard:
They know you're downloading those. If you plan to last without issues, transcribe like everyone does.
It's not impossible and they've made the platform a lot easier to use than it was months back when some of started.
Alright sir, please kindly drop those lines on how u guys transcribe here, maybe i'm missinq out.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by emmyid(m): 6:18pm On Sep 26, 2019
queenDD:

I have $12 for sale

I'm still contemplating. Last week I sold to just one guy, now you guys are many. I'm trying to save my paypal account from being frozen.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 6:18pm On Sep 26, 2019
3RNEST:

Did you not read this?
SUPERPACK:
before you pick any call do a fast calculation to be sure. Use the ratio 3:1, this translates to 3mins call is equal to 1-hour call turn around time. so let say you pick a 15mins call, it should be 15/3=5hours. anything more than 5hours simply means it is an FC..UK or CLH call.

And this
samsard:
Regular 10 minute call is allowed a turnaround time of about 3 hours 20 minutes.
15 minutes call has an allowed time of 5 hours, 1:3.
But for the difficult calls, you have about 7 hours to complete a 10 minute call, of course it doesn't take that long to actually complete it but that's an incentive to get people to take their time on those because you'll have no AI transcript or a half useless AI transcript.
Just make sure you're working withun the guidelines.

That's all the info you need. What's left is, how fast you are in your calculations, because of the "clicking fest." grin grin
Kai! @samsard be dropping dope lines time and again!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 6:37pm On Sep 26, 2019
3RNEST:

If u use a laptop or phone, download the auto-reload page extension for chrome, set the reload timer to "2 Seconds" and you will be able to pick as many as possible. You can also download an auto-link clicker or auto-bot if you use a laptop to automate call picking.
With the 1st option above I do exhaust my daily tokens, but only work on few of them due to Call Preference reasons.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by 3RNEST(m): 6:46pm On Sep 26, 2019
SUPERPACK:
If u use a laptop or phone, download the auto-reload page extension for chrome, set the reload timer to "2 Seconds" and you will be able to pick as many as possible. You can also download an auto-link clicker or auto-bot if you use a laptop to automate call picking.
With the 1st option above I do exhaust my daily tokens, but only work on few of them due to Call Preference reasons.
Thanks bro
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by queenDD(f): 7:27pm On Sep 26, 2019
emmyid:

I'm still contemplating. Last week I sold to just one guy, now you guys are many. I'm trying to save my paypal account from being frozen.

It's okay. Please let me know what you decide.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 7:29pm On Sep 26, 2019
Mehn, this call I picked sha.. The cust's English is just not straight, plus, he raps a lot. To top it all, the person who worked on it previously, did a very wack job! Double spaces, no capitalization, punctuation. Just wack! shocked
I'll drop it joor. Can't come and kee myself. cool
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Prinss: 7:35pm On Sep 26, 2019
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 8:46pm On Sep 26, 2019
SUPERPACK:

Screen shot the app please
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 9:02pm On Sep 26, 2019
nwafresh:

Screen shot the app please
The extension is only available to KIWI browser and not chrome for mobile. kiwi is on playstore. but I am still testing it.

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 10:42pm On Sep 26, 2019
I wish I could transfer this 58+ min digitally strikes call I just to y'all that love them. The money on it,is soo cool! And it's less than 700 segments shocked
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by emmyid(m): 10:53pm On Sep 26, 2019
Working on a 28 minute call. Already on 15:30 and 267/350 segment. But sleep in my eyes is heavy. I'm about releasing it.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by dgee1(m): 10:57pm On Sep 26, 2019
She called your naija number??
brijibs:
Anyways, I have an experience to share. I planned on sharing this just after receipt of last week's pay, to be sure.
So, late Saturday night, I picked a 44min long call. Excited it was good call, I started transcribing.
After the 500th timestamp, the audio won't load. I ran to slack immediately. And as usually, they blamed it on my network. While I was trying to sort this with them, I opened an incognito page and started the job afresh there. At this time, I had 6hrs left to submit the job.
TL said the call had expired on me, my network was bad, and all sorts. I left her and simply did copy and paste.
Then, I got to the 542nd timestamp and the audio stopped loading. I ran back to slack, this time, I was really pissed! An SCC came to help, she too could not load beyond 500.
TL asked for screenshots, screen recording just to prove the call was still available to me, since she claimed someone else was working on the same call. I provided her with all she requested and waited. She said, I shouldn't bother continuing the job till they're able to figure out what the ish was.
30mins later, she call me, conducted another round of interview and hung up. But, before she hung up, she assured me I'd be paid for the length of time I'd worked on the call. But, it would be done manually, since I didn't get to complete and submit the call. Later, she apologized to me, that it was actually my email that was working on the call. So, it was a system glitch on their part.
I was elated! And decided to share, but only after I'd received the payment and confirmed I was paid for the 32+ mins I'd worked on that call. Through the night!

So, I'm sharing this because, we have this notion that they favor Philipinos more. While that may be true, if you do you due diligence, you just might be able to hold your own.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 11:04pm On Sep 26, 2019
emmyid:
Working on a 28 minute call. Already on 15:30 and 267/350 segment. But sleep in my eyes is heavy. I'm about releasing it.

Please DON'T.
Stand on your feet, literally
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 11:10pm On Sep 26, 2019
dgee1:
She called your naija number??
No, through the Slack app. It has a call function, like WhatsApp.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by dgee1(m): 11:11pm On Sep 26, 2019
OK bro. Well done.
brijibs:

No, through the Slack app. It has a call function, like WhatsApp.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by hausadreturn(m): 11:20pm On Sep 26, 2019
emmyid:
If you haven't released it and you still want to, you can pass the call to me. Only if the audio is clean.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by hausadreturn(m): 11:23pm On Sep 26, 2019
brijibs:
I wish I could transfer this 58+ min digitally strikes call I just to y'all that love them. The money on it,is soo cool! And it's less than 700 segments shocked
All these kind long calls sef, no dey wear una down? I detest it big time.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 11:26pm On Sep 26, 2019
hausadreturn:
All these kind long calls sef, no dey wear una down? I detest it big time.
That's where the dough is, bro. Imagine, $10 on one single call... grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.