Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,057 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (424376 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Thraedz(m): 10:07am On Oct 04, 2019
stevenapron:

$0.10 per min..
Anyone that needs functional PayPal account that can send and receive funds for a token shud kindly call or chat me up. 07037142639
Maybe my maths is rusty. But this does look like the pay per minute is underwhelming inferior to QA's.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by dryakson(m): 10:16am On Oct 04, 2019
Thraedz:

Maybe my maths is rusty. But this does look like the pay per minute is underwhelming inferior to QA's.
Yeah. It's $0.20/mins in Qa
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 10:44am On Oct 04, 2019
It seems tsunami has swept some people out of Qa world. lipsrsealed
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 10:50am On Oct 04, 2019
brijibs:
Just funding strike calls on queue tonight. Wasted 2 tokens on those strike calls. And now, I got me a 51min strike call again! lipsrsealed
I'll go to bed and let this one timeout sad

Awww, why?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 10:52am On Oct 04, 2019
stevenapron:

$0.10 per min..
Anyone that needs functional PayPal account that can send and receive funds for a token shud kindly call or chat me up. 07037142639

What?

And I've been sad about my inability to sign up there.

is 1o cents, the pay for automated transcription or manual?

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Baldwretch: 11:35am On Oct 04, 2019
emmyid:

I pray Q---A World gets more US clients and FC and other UK clients vamoose to the thin air. Imagine all clients were from the US with good audio.

I rarely see Penn Fo... Of late.

Lol, nothing as scary as British accent. Can I make $200 a month on this site?

I got accepted sometimes ago but I just abandon the thing....
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Calvarynike: 12:23pm On Oct 04, 2019
generationz:

What?

And I've been sad about my inability to sign up there.

is 1o cents, the pay for automated transcription or manual?
Check this screenshot from the site.

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by roolnaado(m): 12:28pm On Oct 04, 2019
Thanks to everyone on here, although I came a bit late to the party. I have worked on the site for a month and I got almost $40, this past month. I have been held back by data, my system and light. One account down, the second one almost gone. I hope to do better, this month. I sincerely thank Samsard, Drawnobet, Generationz, Nwafresh and others numerous to mention.

4 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by KayceeBanks: 12:35pm On Oct 04, 2019
These guys put me on their QA beta transcription page. I come see new format page for transcription. Anyone here having the same new transcription page format?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Baldwretch: 12:47pm On Oct 04, 2019
brijibs:
Anyways, I have an experience to share. I planned on sharing this just after receipt of last week's pay, to be sure.
So, late Saturday night, I picked a 44min long call. Excited it was good call, I started transcribing.
After the 500th timestamp, the audio won't load. I ran to slack immediately. And as usually, they blamed it on my network. While I was trying to sort this with them, I opened an incognito page and started the job afresh there. At this time, I had 6hrs left to submit the job.
TL said the call had expired on me, my network was bad, and all sorts. I left her and simply did copy and paste.
Then, I got to the 542nd timestamp and the audio stopped loading. I ran back to slack, this time, I was really pissed! An SCC came to help, she too could not load beyond 500.
TL asked for screenshots, screen recording just to prove the call was still available to me, since she claimed someone else was working on the same call. I provided her with all she requested and waited. She said, I shouldn't bother continuing the job till they're able to figure out what the ish was.
30mins later, she call me, conducted another round of interview and hung up. But, before she hung up, she assured me I'd be paid for the length of time I'd worked on the call. But, it would be done manually, since I didn't get to complete and submit the call. Later, she apologized to me, that it was actually my email that was working on the call. So, it was a system glitch on their part.
I was elated! And decided to share, but only after I'd received the payment and confirmed I was paid for the 32+ mins I'd worked on that call. Through the night!

So, I'm sharing this because, we have this notion that they favor Philipinos more. While that may be true, if you do you due diligence, you just might be able to hold your own.

Congrats bro.

How do you speed up your transcriptions? Transcribing 32 minutes audio would probably take you how many hours? 10 hours?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 1:23pm On Oct 04, 2019
Calvarynike:

My issue is Paypal. I'm afraid to sign up to any site with it like this one, and start receiving funds. Then booooom, they will raise red flag. Those PP can be unfortunate.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by odizeey(m): 1:26pm On Oct 04, 2019
Calvarynike:

the screenshot should be for people who want transcription services, not transcribers

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Calvarynike: 1:43pm On Oct 04, 2019
nwafresh:

My issue is Paypal. I'm afraid to sign up to any site with it like this one, and start receiving funds. Then booooom, they will raise red flag. Those PP can be unfortunate.
I use a UAE PayPal account with a strong Premium HMA VPN and i have been using it on various sites since last year. It's those South Africa PayPal account that I'm scared of using. If u wish, i can create a good UAE PayPal account and give you Premium paid HMA that u can be using for the PayPal for a token of N2,500 and i can assure you 100% , you can't have any issue with the account for the next one year.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 2:37pm On Oct 04, 2019
roolnaado:
Thanks to everyone on here, although I came a bit late to the party. I have worked on the site for a month and I got almost $40, this past month. I have been held back by data, my system and light. One account down, the second one almost gone. I hope to do better, this month. I sincerely thank Samsard, Drawnobet, Generationz, Nwafresh and others numerous to mention.

You are welcome, dear.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 2:53pm On Oct 04, 2019
Who have a screen shot of the Glossary for SOR call? The detailed Glossary. This new ones are short. I'm finding it difficult to Google some keywords that are easy located on the full Glossary embarassed
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 3:51pm On Oct 04, 2019
Baldwretch:

Congrats bro.

How do you speed up your transcriptions? Transcribing 32 minutes audio would probably take you how many hours? 10 hours?

Between 5hr and 8hrs
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 3:51pm On Oct 04, 2019
generationz:

Awww, why?

Multiple speakers. Besides, I was too tired and sleepy.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by smarkorg(m): 4:31pm On Oct 04, 2019
QA is back!!
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by smarkorg(m): 4:40pm On Oct 04, 2019
Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by smarkorg(m): 4:45pm On Oct 04, 2019
SenecaTheYonger:
I'm looking for experienced transcribers only.

Going rate $0.35/minute audio, TAT 2 days delivery.
And also $0.40/minute audio TAT 24 hours delivery.

The audios are mostly lectures from University. Subjects include; calculus, history, physics, econs, cyber security, forensics, etc., so please, general transcriptionists only.

Bonus point if you know how to use Express Scribe.

Accents are mostly American and Australian.

Payment will be direct to your Nigerian bank account. Rate 305NGN/$1

CHECK your mail IMMEDIATELY you send a request.

I'll give you a 10 minutes audio to test your skills. You will not be paid for this test. Please deliver in the next 2 hours. Transcribers must maintain 98.5% accuracy level and above always. DM me if interested. Please, only experience transcribers.

Hi. Check your mail I sent you a DM here on Nairaland.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 4:57pm On Oct 04, 2019
brijibs:

Multiple speakers. Besides, I was too tired and sleepy.

It seems you are always getting long calls? Do they just appear on queue when you log in? Or what?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 4:58pm On Oct 04, 2019
smarkorg:
Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
cool
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 5:01pm On Oct 04, 2019
What does Arlen mean by beta transcription page?

Who got it here?

Psyqs

Dryakson.

Biggieboy.

Nwafresh.

Samsard.

Hausadreturn.

Brjibs.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 5:16pm On Oct 04, 2019
generationz:

It seems you are always getting long calls? Do they just appear on queue when you log in? Or what?

F5 is bae shocked grin shocked grin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 5:17pm On Oct 04, 2019
generationz:

Who got it here?

Psyqs

Dryakson.

Biggieboy.

Nwafresh.

Samsard.

Hausadreturn.

Brjibs.

In a mail or on slack?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 5:26pm On Oct 04, 2019
brijibs:

F5 is bae shocked grin shocked grin
grin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 5:31pm On Oct 04, 2019
brijibs:

In a mail or on slack?

The beta transcription page is available to random 10% of the transcription team. Not everyone has it. Those who got lucky, feel free to DM me your feedback and comments. Thank you and Happy Transcribing!

That was what Arlen sent on slack.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 5:33pm On Oct 04, 2019
generationz:

Who got it here?

Psyqs

Dryakson.

Biggieboy.

Nwafresh.

Samsard.

Hausadreturn.

Brjibs.

I think it's a new interface that they're working on at the moment. They only made it available for just 10% of transcribers in order to get feedback before everyone can start working on it.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Baldwretch: 7:01pm On Oct 04, 2019
brijibs:

Between 5hr and 8hrs

Wow that's impressive.

How do you speed up things? I am thinking of purchasing an external microphone so I could use google voice to speed up things, but idk. What do you use?

Also, I passed the exams July and never went any further. Logged in some minutes ago and they are demanding I re-take the test again.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 8:06pm On Oct 04, 2019
Baldwretch:

Wow that's impressive.

How do you speed up things? I am thinking of purchasing an external microphone so I could use google voice to speed up things, but idk. What do you use?

Also, I passed the exams July and never went any further. Logged in some minutes ago and they are demanding I re-take the test again.

Yeah. New upgrades everyday.
I don't speed things, though. I actually slow the speech by three points. I just listen to the convo and type really fast. cool
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 8:30pm On Oct 04, 2019
can I add a new qa-world email address to my current PayPal account. I mean can I have two active QA world email address on the same PayPal account. and I will like to help my brother to withdraw the $7 in his already deactivated qa-world email address. Or will it be flagged by PayPal?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Celebsnews: 10:32pm On Oct 04, 2019
SUPERPACK:
can I add a new qa-world email address to my current PayPal account. I mean can I have two active QA world email address on the same PayPal account. and will like to help my brother to withdraw the $7 in his already deactivated qa-world email address. Or will it be flagged by PayPal?

You can. You can add as many as 7 emails.

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.