Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,236 members, 7,829,427 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (427105 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 08, 2019
drawnobet:

Slack is the work place community where you can get to connect with other transcribers and moderators who can help you resolve any issues or questions. Just sign-up and the bot will put you through.

For the PayPal, you can follow this link to learn how to do that https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L1TiijdFxxx81cj8a1q5rXZAjeidcQyC/view?usp=drivesdk after opening the PayPal account, go to your nearest UBA branch and tell them you want the international Africard. That's the card you'll use to get your funds directly from PayPal. Please note that you must always log into the Lesotho PayPal using the link provided in the document.

Take some time to read the FAQ and help before you start your first job. It is extremely important.
I just write my own test.... Wow!!! Thank God I passed, but am still unable to open my PayPal account. I really need someone to help me for free.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 1:16pm On Oct 08, 2019
Asatom:

I just write my own test.... Wow!!! Thank God I passed, but am still unable to open my PayPal account. I really need someone to help me for free.
Download the e-book on the link you quoted. It has the instructions. But for a start open a PayPal account the PayPaldotcom/ls
Change the dot to .
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 08, 2019
samsard:
Download the e-book on the link you quoted. It has the instructions. But for a start open a PayPal account the PayPaldotcom/ls
Change the dot to .
Thank you I will try this new one.... I have been on the one I quoted since morning. When I click on [b]agree and continue [/b]after filling my details it won't go. I hope this one you give me now will go.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 2:56pm On Oct 08, 2019
Asatom:

Thank you I will try this new one.... I have been on the one I quoted since morning. When I click on [b]agree and continue [/b]after filling my details it won't go. I hope this one you give me now will go.
Upload a screenshot of the page you're on and cover any personal details.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by 3RNEST(m): 3:22pm On Oct 08, 2019
BuzzRay:
How do you guys actually get a 5 rating? I have several 4 ratings, and they always come up with sentence structure, grammar and punctuation errors. My sentences are always correct, even the punctuations. What can I do to avoid this? It seems impossible.

@brijibs
@samsard
@hausadreturn
Same question I'm asking myself about the 5 rating, please kindly help me with YouTube video of Qworld tutorial video with 5 rating job done successfully undecided
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 4:40pm On Oct 08, 2019
3RNEST:

Same question I'm asking myself about the 5 rating, please kindly help me with YouTube video of Qworld tutorial video with 5 rating job done successfully undecided
You mean you don't get 5s at all?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by 3RNEST(m): 5:10pm On Oct 08, 2019
samsard:
You mean you don't get 5s at all?
5 much sef, my highest is 2 ratinq
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Sukueponmalu: 5:14pm On Oct 08, 2019
3RNEST:

Ha shocked
Do you do F.C. U.K. at all?
Try to do it, you’ll get 5
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by 3RNEST(m): 5:17pm On Oct 08, 2019
Sukueponmalu:

Ha shocked
How do one know those calls?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Sukueponmalu: 5:19pm On Oct 08, 2019
3RNEST:

How do one know does calls?
does? cry cry
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 5:22pm On Oct 08, 2019
Sukueponmalu:

does? cry cry

grin grin.. No wonder

3 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by hausadreturn(m): 5:23pm On Oct 08, 2019
Sukueponmalu:

Ha shocked
Is this a joke or you're trolling?

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by 3RNEST(m): 5:23pm On Oct 08, 2019
Sukueponmalu:

does? cry cry
grin Those

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Thraedz(m): 5:31pm On Oct 08, 2019
Sukueponmalu:

Ha shocked
Someone is having trouble getting top ratings and you're recommending the most difficult job on QA World for him. undecided
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by 3RNEST(m): 5:37pm On Oct 08, 2019
Thraedz:

Someone is having trouble getting top ratings and you're recommending the most difficult job on QA World for him. undecided
grin shocked
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by skywalker95(m): 5:55pm On Oct 08, 2019
Thraedz:
I don't know if anyone has worked on a Kwantum Azzurance call. They seem to be a new client. Those people have the cleanest audio. Even more than Sonron and Dijital Aer Struck..The AI transcript was almost perfect.
All I was practically doing was indicating speakers label and making minor corrections.
The one I heard was not so clear. The rep side was kind off echoing but the customer side was clear. Very unusual.... I just release am but it sounds like a good client....esp for my people fasting against F C UK calls

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 08, 2019
samsard:
Upload a screenshot of the page you're on and cover any personal details.
Thanks everyone, I have followed the instructions to the letter and have successfully open the account it now remain confirming my bank account. Please which bank account can I use. I have:
First Bank with Verve card.... (Frequently use)
Ecobank with expired Master card...(I can because of this go and get another one)
UBA (account abandon for over 5 years).
Please help me.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Sukueponmalu: 6:00pm On Oct 08, 2019
nwafresh:

grin grin.. No wonder
I swear lipsrsealed
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 6:51pm On Oct 08, 2019
Asatom:

Thanks everyone, I have followed the instructions to the letter and have successfully open the account it now remain confirming my bank account. Please which bank account can I use. I have:
First Bank with Verve card.... (Frequently use)
Ecobank with expired Master card...(I can because of this go and get another one)
UBA (account abandon for over 5 years).
Please help me.
You obviously didn't read the ebook. Don't attempt to add an account.
Try earning money on Qa to see if it's something you can get going before you worry about adding a card on PayPal.

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 08, 2019
samsard:

You obviously didn't read the ebook. Don't attempt to add an account.
Try earning money on Qa to see if it's something you can get going before you worry about adding a card on PayPal.
OK.... Thanks Boss.
In fact my experience on the first transcription was terrible. I was rated 1 despite all the wahala of listening over and over again.
I think I need a guilder.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 9:24pm On Oct 08, 2019
Asatom:

OK.... Thanks Boss.
In fact my experience on the first transcription was terrible. I was rated 1 despite all the wahala of listening over and over again.
I think I need a guilder.
grin Did you read the FAQ and watch the training videos
And you probably picked the difficult calls in British accent
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 10:13am On Oct 09, 2019
samsard:
Preventing the call from returning to the queue if you leave the page without working for a while.
If you left a transcription say for 30 minutes, the page would read as inactivity and automatically return to the queue, but that is meant to give you time to leave the page without it returning to the queue.

My page never reads as inactive even if I leave for 3 hours.

How can I make it happen?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 10:21am On Oct 09, 2019
3RNEST:

Are you sure you are not getting inverted speakers errors?

Read the sample transcripts at the bottom of Qa Faq
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 09, 2019
samsard:
grin Did you read the FAQ and watch the training videos
And you probably picked the difficult calls in British accent
I read that FAQ and watch the video too.... I was rated 2 in the two calls that I transcribed.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by 3RNEST(m): 11:09am On Oct 09, 2019
generationz:

Are you sure you are not getting inverted speakers errors?

Read the sample transcripts at the bottom of Qa Faq
Done that several times dear...
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Alienwarfare: 1:36pm On Oct 09, 2019
SUPERPACK:
I used the above link to open my PayPal and I am able to withdraw to my Africard. Someone asked why he is unable to withdraw to card a few days ago with his SA PayPal and he got "No you can't withdraw to card with SA paypal" as reply. Now I am beginning to wonder if I actually opened mine correctly because I can withdraw to my Africard.

What did you put as the address? Mine it not letting me use my original address zip code
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 1:39pm On Oct 09, 2019
generationz:

My page never reads as inactive even if I leave for 3 hours.

How can I make it happen?
I don't know. Doesn't seem to work anymore.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 1:53pm On Oct 09, 2019
samsard:
I don't know. Doesn't seem to work anymore.

@bolded same as the logout button. It just returns you to your page and tells you "you're already logged in."
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 1:55pm On Oct 09, 2019
Omo, this sonran call I picked sha... The rep can stutter for state! Even the customer is tired of the convo. 3minutes of the call left, my head is almost bursting!
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 2:00pm On Oct 09, 2019
Even my battery is crying for the guy.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Blackmiserable(m): 2:22pm On Oct 09, 2019
Enough of all this talk grin grin grin grin

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

138 pages kwa?

cool cool cool cool

How much does the average transcriber rake in a month of hard and low grinding?

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked is it even worth the effort? Is the job very consistent?

grin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 2:24pm On Oct 09, 2019
Alienwarfare:

What did you put as the address? Mine it not letting me use my original address zip code
lagos zip code

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.