Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (423100 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Portharcourtlan(m): 12:52am On Oct 17, 2019
I already have uba bank account, can I just request for the africard or I need to open a special jba account to get the card
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 12:53am On Oct 17, 2019
But, the doctor said it was an infection. I specifically asked if it was because I've been using earphones recently and at high volumes too, he insisted it was so,e bacteria infection. And, he gave me loads of drugs sad, took samples for tests. I feel better already, afternthenfirst dose.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 12:55am On Oct 17, 2019
Portharcourtlan:
I already have uba bank account, can I just request for the africard or I need to open a special jba account to get the card

The card is not linkednto any account. It doesn't matter of you have an account with UBA or not.

Just request a card at the bank.

Bit, before you go into all that, get registered and start transcribing to see if you'll be good at it. After you've earned some $, you can then proceed to get the card.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 7:16am On Oct 17, 2019
Good morning, people! I finally withdrew!! Woke up to credit alert from QA and decided to give it another shot. Logged into my PayPal account, went through the withdrawal process and the next thing I saw was this!!!

4 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Sukueponmalu: 7:21am On Oct 17, 2019
brijibs:
Good morning, people! I finally withdrew!! Woke up to credit alert from QA and decided to give it another shot. Logged into my PayPal account, went through the withdrawal process and the next thing I saw was this!!!
Good one !
I was just about you to wait for the automatic transfer. Not sure how that works though.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 7:23am On Oct 17, 2019
Money's in my UBA card instantly too! @362!! How cool is that?!!!

This successful withdrawal has eased the pain I woke up to. On Tuesday, I was working on a 49+mins call, got busy and wasn't able to finish before time, and I wasn't sure I'd be able to see it on the queue, since network was acting up, so, I decided to sumbit it with 3 audio minutes yet to be transcribed, hoping I'd complete it with the redo courtesy, but no. The QAs had other plans for me. Woke up to their mail 2hrs later. My job is gone. Whoever picked of will just breeze through and submit in less than 2hrs. Or, atleast, that's what I'd do.
$10 gone with the wind... cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 7:28am On Oct 17, 2019
Shoutout to an annonimous fellow... Never saw his comment on this thread, but, he mailed me and asked me to give it time. Let my account breathe for some days before trying to withdraw, which I did. And this is the result of that wait. A successful withdrawal!

I'm not sure I'll work again today or even this week... Maybe, weekend, I don't know. My $10 loss still hurts bad... lipsrsealed cry cry

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nirco(m): 7:29am On Oct 17, 2019
brijibs:
I keep telling people, they won't really enjoy the pay of this job until they get their own personal Africard.
Such awesome rates!
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 8:05am On Oct 17, 2019
brijibs:

Loud speakers?! I use earphone... At high volume levels too.

This is serious.

If anyone has abused earphones I'm the number person. I not only transcribe at the highest volume, I listen to it when I run errands so it's in my ears nearly 24/7.

This is situation is scaring me mehn.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 8:26am On Oct 17, 2019
brijibs:

This successful withdrawal has eased the pain I woke up to. On Tuesday, I was working on a 49+mins call, got busy and wasn't able to finish before time, and I wasn't sure I'd be able to see it on the queue, since network was acting up, so, I decided to sumbit it with 3 audio minutes yet to be transcribed, hoping I'd complete it with the redo courtesy, but no. The QAs had other plans for me. Woke up to their mail 2hrs later. My job is gone. Whoever picked of will just breeze through and submit in less than 2hrs. Or, atleast, that's what I'd do.
$10 gone with the wind... cry cry cry

I feel your pain brother. That was how I picked 75 minutes call last week o. It was remaining 15 minutes out of the 75 minutes for me to finish, glo did what dy know how to do, and my call started from beginning. I Wan die. cry

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 8:55am On Oct 17, 2019
nwafresh:

I feel your pain brother. That was how I picked 75 minutes call last week o. It was remaining 15 minutes out of the 75 minutes for me to finish, glo did what dy know how to do, and my call started from beginning. I Wan die. cry

shocked shocked shocked 75min?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Sliss(m): 8:56am On Oct 17, 2019
Firstly I must thank you guys for what you are doing in this thread, I started following this thread on Tuesday, I applied yesterday, took the test and I passed, I've done the necessary requirements. Just for me to start taking calls. Once again thank you.
My question is which one is more preferable to use,
My phone or my PC.
Note: I did the registration and other stuffs on my phone .
hausadreturn:
I'm returning a call from David.
Hi, David. In your message, you mentioned not being able to log into the platform.
We have a forgot password link on the signup page.
But I can also reset your password.
Which would you prefer? Great.
So, you'll receive an email in the next few seconds with instructions. If you don't see it, check your spam folder.
I also noticed you have a pending invoice, but in an account credit that you haven't used.
Would you like me to apply your credit to the invoice?
That would lower your bill by $15.
Great. I'll do that now.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nirco(m): 9:03am On Oct 17, 2019
Sliss:
My question is which one is more preferable to use,
My phone or my PC.
Just find what works for you.
Most people find their phone more convenient, some PC.
There's no specified device to use, the question is "What are you more comfortable working on?"

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 9:04am On Oct 17, 2019
thorrvik55:

shocked shocked shocked 75min?

I swear ru God.. I'm still in sefia pains cry

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Prenom: 9:21am On Oct 17, 2019
I wish the new platform had an autosave feature though. I just had to restart a 37mins call. angry
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 9:29am On Oct 17, 2019
generationz:

This is serious.

If anyone has abused earphones I'm the number person. I not only transcribe at the highest volume, I listen to it when I run errands so it's in my ears nearly 24/7.

This is situation is scaring me mehn.

Yeah. He said it's cold related...

brijibs:
But, the doctor said it was an infection. I specifically asked if it was because I've been using earphones recently and at high volumes too, he insisted it was so,e bacteria infection. And, he gave me loads of drugs sad, took samples for tests. I feel better already, afternthenfirst dose.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 9:31am On Oct 17, 2019
Prenom:
I wish the new platform had an autosave feature though. I just had to restart a 37mins call. angry

Do you understand the 'reserve your calls now' mail they sent? I don't know how that's to be implemented...
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 9:33am On Oct 17, 2019
So many non-British calls on the queue this morning... Too bad, I'm not in the right frame of mind to work on any... undecided
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 9:33am On Oct 17, 2019
Prenom:

What I do is that, I manually save mine as I work, especially on long calls. That 75min call that I lost due to restart shit, taught me a lesson. cry
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Sliss(m): 9:33am On Oct 17, 2019
Noted thanks
Nirco:
There's no specified device to use, the question is "What are you more comfortable working on?"
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 9:38am On Oct 17, 2019
nwafresh:

What I do is that, I manually save mine as I work, especially on long calls. That 75min call that I lost due to restart shit, taught me a lesson. cry

Care to expantiate? I'd like to apply this sometime...
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by dryakson(m): 9:45am On Oct 17, 2019
Sliss:
Noted thanks
For those using phone, make sure your phone has a decent Ram and sleek processor.
I don't loss my work even after I restart or off/on my phone, only if I switch phone or browser. 4G network is a plus too, as you are loading audio.

Happy 5ss
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 10:36am On Oct 17, 2019
brijibs:

Care to expantiate? I'd like to apply this sometime...

I use phone. So, that circled portion is where I click to save. If the call reset, I'll just do copy and paste.

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 11:10am On Oct 17, 2019
nwafresh:

I use phone. So, that circled portion is where I click to save. If the call reset, I'll just do copy and paste.

Thanks.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by BuzzRay(m): 11:41am On Oct 17, 2019
10mins call I did for a week now has not been rated. Any reason?

I got a bronze badge. I really need to double up.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by hausadreturn(m): 12:12pm On Oct 17, 2019
Nirco:
Ehmmm, the specified to use is a laptop or computer. But phone works.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nirco(m): 1:10pm On Oct 17, 2019
hausadreturn:
Ehmmm, the specified to use is a laptop or computer. But phone works.
Oh, my bad.
Thank you so much for clarifying.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by sadiqcholel: 1:11pm On Oct 17, 2019
Good Afternoon people, please how can I load my Africard by my self pls, as the bank don't want to do it for me unless I opened an account with them which I personally don't........please gurus in the house, how can I go about it?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nirco(m): 1:16pm On Oct 17, 2019
sadiqcholel:
Good Afternoon people, please how can I load my Africard by my self pls, as the bank don't want to do it for me unless I opened an account with them which I personally don't........please gurus in the house, how can I go about it?
Those agents can be really selfish at times. That's how one of them said I must open account before I get the Africard.
I just carried my leg to another branch and got it instantly.
angry

My suggestion: go to another branch, or get someone to transfer from his africard to your africard.

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by sadiqcholel: 1:41pm On Oct 17, 2019
Nirco:
Those agents can be really selfish at times. That's how one of them said I must open account before I get the Africard.
I just carried my leg to another branch and got it instantly.
angry

My suggestion: go to another branch, or get someone to transfer from his africard to your africard.

I already have the card, to load the card is now the issue.
Any code for transfer from my firstbank account to the card?
Because no any other branch than that one
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 1:43pm On Oct 17, 2019
sadiqcholel:

U load it same way u deposit money to ur account. U write the ten digit number at the back of the africard written in black as the account number on the teller and the amount u want to deposit, shikina...

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Sukueponmalu: 1:47pm On Oct 17, 2019
sadiqcholel:

Because no any other branch than that one
Find someone that has a UBA account and use their mobile banking app.
Send money to that person’s account and they can fund your card from their mobile banking app.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.