Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,376 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (424498 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by AGManuel: 8:35am On Jul 16, 2019
kinzu:
You can use any of your cards, but it's better to just use your prepaid card if it's loaded with like 2k. Pp will deduct and refund about 800.

PS: I don't know what happened to the account that was used to start this thread but apparently it was banned from posting on this thread. The good thing is that the thread is still up and running. This is my biz account.

This means that the first post can't be edited with the best times to work as researched by us here. But let's keep it coming so that on Sunday, we can do one post with the best times to work sun to Mon

Thanks alot for this Boss...that would be so welcomed. We appreciate the work you guys are doing here and we only pray they don't take down this thread and also restore the other account.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by odizeey(m): 9:17am On Jul 16, 2019
Greetings bosses.
Hope the job is going well.

Please is there any way I can go about the ESC shortcut on my phone? My laptop just decided to stop charging, I'm now left with my phone.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Mc1darful(m): 9:20am On Jul 16, 2019
Kudos to everybody for the kind of tips you guys are dropping.. If not everything, gain and successfully open a PP acct from the tips from the guide.. Thanks.
My question.
How do I know if my registration for QA was successfully. I took the test yesterday. Clip 6, and receive a msg almost immediately to join slack..
Does it mean am on board.?
Where do I start getting transcripts.
Note everything was done on phone

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by D1uncle: 9:49am On Jul 16, 2019
odizeey:
Greetings bosses.
Hope the job is going well.

Please is there any way I can go about the ESC shortcut on my phone? My laptop just decided to stop charging, I'm now left with my phone.
Download technical keypad on platform

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 10:03am On Jul 16, 2019
Guys, do you recommend any earphones for this job?
My earphones seem to be slowing me down.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by odizeey(m): 10:19am On Jul 16, 2019
D1uncle:

Download technical keypad on platform
thanks. Where can I locate this on the platform.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 10:19am On Jul 16, 2019
Mc1darful:
Kudos to everybody for the kind of tips you guys are dropping.. If not everything, gain and successfully open a PP acct from the tips from the guide.. Thanks.
My question.
How do I know if my registration for QA was successfully. I took the test yesterday. Clip 6, and receive a msg almost immediately to join slack..
Welcome on board! Go attempt your first job! Congrats!
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 10:21am On Jul 16, 2019
Mc1darful:
My question.

Check the email u received, you should see d link to d portal where u can login to ur password. The username is ur email and the password should be in dat mail(u can change it later).

Once u login u pass some few objective tests and add ur PayPal email before u can start transcribing.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 10:22am On Jul 16, 2019
odizeey:
thanks. Where can I locate this on the platform.

Go to play store and search for technical keyboard.

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by hausadreturn(m): 10:24am On Jul 16, 2019
daxon001:
Pls guys. Good afternoon. There is nothing that is bringing me money for now. Really sad. So I'm trusting q-a to be the avenue to bring me cash. Don't mind me... I'm just trying to keep body and soul together. So I ask how much can someone be making from there per day in Naira or per cashing out days?

Need your responses guys. Thanks.
As a newbie, a day = Little or nothing.
By little, maybe N200.

With time, a day, you can make 1k + or less
With continuous time, 1,5 or more.

It all depends on how good you are, the number of jobs you work on, and the time you can personally create for it.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by odizeey(m): 10:26am On Jul 16, 2019
thorrvik55:

Go to play store and search for technical keyboard.
ok.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 10:27am On Jul 16, 2019
generationz:

Get a good earphone if ur current earphone is slowing u down. If u can get a headset with Active Noise Cancellation that would be even better (costs more though).

I make use of a Samsung AKG earpiece, but I intend to get an headset with ANC very soon.

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 10:30am On Jul 16, 2019
hausadreturn:

By little, maybe N200.

It all depends on how good you are, the number of jobs you work on, and the time you can personally create for it.

grin grin grin

The bolded is the honest truth I swear, no sugar coating.

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by hausadreturn(m): 10:31am On Jul 16, 2019
generationz:
Almost any earphone should do, so far say the call make sense.

But you can invest in quality earphones of 1k and above, or a headphone.
If you really like quality, then you'll be looking at headphones of 15k and above (avantree, Mpow, Anker, etc).
These headphones come with a feature that tends to cancel noise and increase the sound and quality of audio.

In the end, and last last, it will all depend on the call you pick.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by hausadreturn(m): 10:32am On Jul 16, 2019
thorrvik55:

Get a good earphone if ur current earphone is slowing u down. If u can get a headset with Active Noise Cancellation that would be even better (costs more though).

I make use of a Samsung AKG earpiece, but I intend to get an headset with ANC very soon.
Boom!!!
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Mc1darful(m): 10:58am On Jul 16, 2019
thorrvik55:

Check the email u received, you should see d link to d portal where u can login to ur password. The username is ur email and the password should be in dat mail(u can change it later).

Once u login u pass some few objective tests and add ur PayPal email before u can start transcribing.
Thanks.. I just saw the msg in my spam folder.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kinzu(m): 11:44am On Jul 16, 2019
AGManuel:

Thanks alot for this Boss...that would be so welcomed. We appreciate the work you guys are doing here and we only pray they don't take down this thread and also restore the other account.
You're welcome boss. I'm thinking we can also Telegram at the same time cos anything can happen. With Telegram, newbies can still view old messages and we can pin the first post, we won't come up in their searches but the down side is that the knowledge of this program will no longer be open source but we can work together for better profit. t . m e / n i g e r i a n t r a n s c r i b i n g g r o u p

4 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kinzu(m): 11:50am On Jul 16, 2019
hausadreturn:
Almost any earphone should do, so far say the call make sense.

In the end, and last last, it will all depend on the call you pick.

If I can order for ear phones or headphones that can help convert all those strong British and Australian accents to pidgin or broken English for me, I wont mind buying at 100k

7 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by hausadreturn(m): 12:28pm On Jul 16, 2019
kinzu:

If I can order for ear phones or headphones that can help convert all those strong British and Australian accents to pidgin or broken English for me, I wont mind buying at 100k
Lmao...Nice try. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kinzu(m): 12:43pm On Jul 16, 2019
Posts like the one before this is what could end this thread. Let's avoid ads. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 12:51pm On Jul 16, 2019
kinzu:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by bisisho(f): 1:31pm On Jul 16, 2019
Hi there, please is there a minimum amount you must have made before QA pays into your PayPal account?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 1:32pm On Jul 16, 2019
bisisho:
Hi there, please is there a minimum amount you must have made before QA pays into your PayPal account?

Nope. They pay out as little as $0.001
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 2:26pm On Jul 16, 2019
bisisho:

grin grin grin

As low as $0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000001 grin grin grin

So the ball is in ur court. Whatever u make this week, they send it to ur Ppal the following week.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kinzu(m): 2:32pm On Jul 16, 2019
thorrvik55:

grin grin grin

So the ball is in ur court. Whatever u make this week, they send it to ur Ppal the following week.

Abi na. Na there you go see your result
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by daxon001(m): 2:38pm On Jul 16, 2019
hausadreturn:
By little, maybe N200.

thanks bro. na wa o
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Korllami007: 2:56pm On Jul 16, 2019
generationz:

To be candid with you, that shouldn't stop you from transcribing if you're using phone to transcribe. But if you're using system, you will need it. You can get a good ANC headset if you can set aside 15k.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Korllami007: 3:15pm On Jul 16, 2019
thorrvik55:

When I was new on qaworld I was always get penalized for incorrect use of ellipsis, always .

grin I guess I made use of it even when I was not supposed to.
Back then, any call I transcribe there must be incorrect use of ellipsis in the rating note.

So out of anger I decided not to ever grin make use of it unless I'm 100% sure it is required. This decision helped me as I stopped getting the 'incorrect use of ellipsis' rating note.

Now I'm way better than b4, so I make use of elipsis because I know when to use it and when not to use it.

Sure. You have to make sure that it's needed before applying it or else na mark down if you're not lucky because ellipses is just one of the rules in FAQ so not applying it will attract mark down. Someone might be lucky for not using and still get 5 rating because the platform is very lenient. If I mark some of 5 rating calls, I won't even rate myself 5 grin. Because when I checked the call again, I'd be seeing some silly mistakes that I made for not prove reading very well like capitalisation error, and double spacing.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by bisisho(f): 3:21pm On Jul 16, 2019
thorrvik55:

grin grin grin

Thanks for replying. I made $5.06 last week but I have not received it in my PayPal account
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by odizeey(m): 3:23pm On Jul 16, 2019
Those truncated timestamps are crazy.

I can't deal men.

The stuff is annoying.

The ESC no dey help matters. Why will they cut it. And they expect someone to type it. There own too much.

Nawa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.