Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,847 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (424266 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by jaywalker04(m): 12:29am On Oct 29, 2019
Thraedz:

Releases and flags are repleted at 7pm Nigerian time. If you use all your Releases by 6:45pm, it will be repleted by 7pm.
Oh, makes sense now. Thanks a bunch.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 8:16am On Oct 29, 2019
Thraedz:
I want to share this insight.

If it so happens that you get a redo and you weren't aware until the 90 minutes redo time elapses, there's still a way you can work on that redo provided on one has claimed the call. It's has to do with luck though.

Go to you email and click on the begin transcribing button. If that call hasn't been claimed, you'll be able to work on it even if the allowable redo time has expired.

I got a redo mail in the early hours of this morning about past 1am. I didn't know until past 4 am. That was more than 3 hours later. The hyperlink to work on the redo on my dashboard was clearly gone. I opened my email and clicked the start transcribing button and I was redirected to the call. Corrected my mistake (I forgot to delete the auto AI transcript on the initial transcript submitted) and submitted it. It got rated few minutes later.

I guess I was lucky, but you can try it out too.

Nice.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 8:18am On Oct 29, 2019
jaywalker04:
I'm actually grateful for the steady workflow and clear audio available on QA world even if the pay is small and the rating is strict as hell. I used to make way more on Gotranscript with less effort but good audio quality wasn't that easy to come by and jobs have been reduced to a bare minimum plus only the alphas (those with 5 star ratings) have access to them first, so before anything got to you, the clear audio was cleared. There's more room for trials and errors here, perfect for beginners. All in all, Qa world isn't the best but it certainly isn't the worst or that bad for that matter. Just thought someone needed to know this. That being said, I used my 5 releases today and I got em right back, wassup with that? I've finished it again sha. Lemme goan find som'n else to do. Shalom smiley

What calls are you using your releases on?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 8:19am On Oct 29, 2019
Prinss:
That moment when a caller says,

'' I'm going to put you on hold for a couple of minutes... ''

#Greater_joy_has_no_man#

I pray for this moment daily. cry :' grin grin

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Prinss: 8:37am On Oct 29, 2019
generationz:

I pray for this moment daily. cry :' grin grin

like seriously, some accents can make you lose multiple brain cells within the space of a few seconds. Those moments give me some timeout to reload.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Prinss: 8:39am On Oct 29, 2019
jaywalker04:
I'm telling you B. Na to sit down dey look, lwkm.
The feeling is mutual.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Prinss: 8:44am On Oct 29, 2019
Thraedz:

Releases and flags are repleted at 7pm Nigerian time. If you use all your Releases by 6:45pm, it will be repleted by 7pm.

I thought it was 5pm? or is it different for some pple
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 9:28am On Oct 29, 2019
Prinss:

like seriously, some accents can make you lose multiple brain cells within the space of a few seconds. Those moments give me some timeout to reload.
grin grin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SpongeBobSP: 9:32am On Oct 29, 2019
Prinss:

I thought it was 5pm? or is it different for some pple
it is actually 5pm, we are 7hrs behind them, so that's 12 midnight.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by spactacus(m): 9:37am On Oct 29, 2019
SpongeBobSP:
no wonder dey always rate my long calls by 3am-6am
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Thraedz(m): 9:55am On Oct 29, 2019
SpongeBobSP:
Yeah. 5pm. My bad. That was a mistake
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 10:16am On Oct 29, 2019
Prenom:

Do you do Fonding cycle and colleeections' houses transcriptions?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 3:27pm On Oct 29, 2019
generationz:

Start picking Chl calls, thank me later grin and watch out my name on dashboard this week grin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 3:30pm On Oct 29, 2019
nwafresh:

Start picking Chl calls, thank me later grin and watch out my name on dashboard this week grin
How many minutes so far
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 3:44pm On Oct 29, 2019
nwafresh:

What's with CLH calls?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by spactacus(m): 4:10pm On Oct 29, 2019
nwafresh:

which headphone u dey use, tell me the name make i go buy am grin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by God1stson(m): 4:14pm On Oct 29, 2019
SpongeBobSP:

Yeah, true that.
This thing just takes hardwork and basically learning from your mistakes, been at it for 1 month+ now and I can almost certainly say I can't get a 1 or 2 rating on my work these days.
Clocked 230 mins last week.
My first week was rough though grin cool
Pls do u use a pc or smart phone.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by jaywalker04(m): 4:19pm On Oct 29, 2019
generationz:

What calls are you using your releases on?
I'm not sure how to put it but those ones that the speakers are on either side of the earpiece. They're not clear enough for me and any other ones with static or bad audio in general.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by jaywalker04(m): 4:22pm On Oct 29, 2019
Quick question. Forgive me if it sounds stupid. How do you know which company audio you're picking before you pick? And that release on company and call preference, does it mean you won't see that type of audio from that company anymore? Thanks in advance.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 5:41pm On Oct 29, 2019
samsard:
How many minutes so far

106 grin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 5:42pm On Oct 29, 2019
spactacus:
which headphone u dey use, tell me the name make i go buy am grin

It's called Infinix. I bought it #250 grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Prenom: 9:02pm On Oct 29, 2019
generationz:

Yes, but I do more of es o r.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 11:42pm On Oct 29, 2019
Is it just me or does the reserve call expiration time not work. I reserved a 5 hours call for 2 hours say make I go Barb come back, when I went back to the call its 2 hours kini kan remaining haaa shocked. Second time now I'm experiencing this. Also I watch out for long calls with lesser time allocated, that's how I know which and which will be easier. E.g, an 18 mins call with 5 hours 46 mins time allocated that I picked was a stroll in the park.

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 11:47pm On Oct 29, 2019
nwafresh:

Hate CLH Group calls Australian accent is always a pain In the ass. Funding Circle UK nko? Just kill me!. Love love love Penn Foster, Quantam Assurance calls. That's a gauranteed 5 or 4.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 12:13am On Oct 30, 2019
Who has used Zealot headphones here before?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by jaywalker04(m): 12:31am On Oct 30, 2019
generationz:
Who has used Zealot headphones here before?
Any model in particular or just any Zealot headphones? Cos I've used like 2 models.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SpongeBobSP: 12:43am On Oct 30, 2019
God1stson:

Pls do u use a pc or smart phone.
Phone bro
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SpongeBobSP: 12:49am On Oct 30, 2019
PattyMike:
Is it just me or does the reserve call expiration time not work. I reserved a 5 hours call for 2 hours say make I go Barb come back, when I went back to the call its 2 hours kini kan remaining haaa shocked. Second time now I'm experiencing this. Also I watch out for long calls with lesser time allocated, that's how I know which and which will be easier. E.g, an 18 mins call with 5 hours 46 mins time allocated that I picked was a stroll in the park.
lol it's just to prevent calls from timing out due to inactivity, it doesn't freeze or extend your time

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 2:43am On Oct 30, 2019
SpongeBobSP:
lol it's just to prevent calls from timing out due to inactivity, it doesn't freeze or extend your time
but I log off and shut down PC that should be inactive enough right.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 2:57am On Oct 30, 2019
PattyMike:

but I log off and shut down PC that should be inactive enough right.
It is not a call reservation feature. your time continues running.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by roolnaado(m): 3:33am On Oct 30, 2019
It seems people are having problems with earphones. So let me just put this here, I have been using iphone 'follow come' earphones, and it has been serving me well.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 5:21am On Oct 30, 2019
The easiest $5 I've ever made was last week on a collection H call. The conversation lasted only a minute and it was music and voice machine through the remaining 24 minutes cheesy. grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.