Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,160 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (422446 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Opiletool(m): 6:47am On Dec 06, 2019
Ohiosimuan:

Hi. I got a 1 on my first job. Among the many reasons was "missing content."

A complete statement (which I have written on the previous timestamp) was repeated on another timestamp with additional information.
So, I transcribed the new one, then deleted the previous one (I didn't and couldn't delete the speakers).
Please, what better way could I have done it?

That might not be it. For you've done no wrong (assuming the statement is correctly written). I'd advice you pick calls of 1hr or less than. Release fading Circle or CLH calls or any UK calls (those ones dey talk like sey dm get hot yam for mouth). And open FAQ as you're transcribing, for guidance purpose.

3 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Kizito2nv(m): 8:56am On Dec 06, 2019
Please how do I lodge a complain I think I was unjustly marked down after a long call
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Ohiosimuan: 9:08am On Dec 06, 2019
Opiletool:

That might not be it. For you've done no wrong (assuming the statement is correctly written). I'd advice you pick calls of 1hr or less than. Release fading Circle or CLH calls or any UK calls (those ones dey talk like sey dm get hot yam for mouth). And open FAQ as you're transcribing, for guidance purpose.

OK. Thanks.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 10:27am On Dec 06, 2019
Guys wetin they happen with QA i have been using the new layout for weeks now without time stamp. gbam this morning i just saw time stamp. as i was transcribing i deleted the time stamp. i just saw ! without the usual reasons they put in the note section either incorrect grammer or inverted speaker etc. they just said did not follow QA guideline. guideline wey i open keep for tab they read. like they could not point out my errors like the usually do. is this because i deleted the time stamp? this is my first time seeing the time stamp at all.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 10:41am On Dec 06, 2019
PattyMike:
Guys wetin they happen with QA i have been using the new layout for weeks now without time stamp. gbam this morning i just saw time stamp. as i was transcribing i deleted the time stamp. i just saw ! without the usual reasons they put in the note section either incorrect grammer or inverted speaker etc. they just said did not follow QA guideline. guideline wey i open keep for tab they read. like they could not point out my errors like the usually do. is this because i deleted the time stamp? this is my first time seeing the time stamp at all.

Whoever that's on duty today is either trying to fail people knowingly or doesn't know what he or she is doing. I just got 1 for minor thing o. I amend d stuff and still got 2. Something is wrong somewhere.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 11:21am On Dec 06, 2019
nwafresh:

Whoever that's on duty today is either trying to fail people knowingly or doesn't know what he or she is doing. I just got 1 for minor thing o. I amend d stuff and still got 2. Something is wrong somewhere.

Pls how does one dispute a rating. i just redid it and score a one again. this time i even included the time stamp wey i remove before. this person has ruined my last 10 call rating now i have until sunday to take it back up.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 11:29am On Dec 06, 2019
PattyMike:

Pls how does one dispute a rating. i just redid it and score a one again. this time i even included the time stamp wey i remove before. this person has ruined my last 10 call rating now i have until sunday to take it back up.

Don't waste your time. I just complained mine now and if you see the nonsense excuse they gave me ehn. Just because REP said perfect and absolutely, but I omitted "Absolutely". Those guys are mad. Well, just go to slack tell them "rating clarification" they'll require for the CID
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 11:29am On Dec 06, 2019
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 11:29am On Dec 06, 2019
PattyMike:

Slack. Ask for a rating clarification at the helpdesk
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 11:32am On Dec 06, 2019
I saw this on both failed scripts. as if i didnt touch the call at all. i hate cheating for my life. if i fail i go know say i fail make correction and learn but this is not fair at all.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 11:39am On Dec 06, 2019
thorrvik55:

Slack. Ask for a rating clarification at the helpdesk

im not on slack how do i join?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Olabowa: 11:43am On Dec 06, 2019
Please guys, I went to UBA Bank to request for the Africard International, and the customer rep said they only have Africard International Low. Please is it the same thing?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 12:02pm On Dec 06, 2019
i have reported on slack. They said the issue is currently under investigation cus other transcribers have complained as well and she'll get back to me. they just spoil my rating for me. Now i dey fear to touch another call sef
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Mekanus(m): 12:03pm On Dec 06, 2019
PattyMike:
I saw this on both failed scripts. as if i didnt touch the call at all. i hate cheating for my life. if i fail i go know say i fail make correction and learn but this is not fair at all.
I saw similar complaints on slack this morning too. The lady said she edited everything, but after review she got 1. And when she checked her transcript, it was returned exactly as it was generated by the auto transcript.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Mekanus(m): 12:07pm On Dec 06, 2019
PattyMike:
i have reported on slack. They said the issue is currently under investigation cus other transcribers have complained as well and she'll get back to me. they just spoil my rating for me. Now i dey fear to touch another call sef
Exactly. It's like I will take a break for now too. I did a call this morning and after completing the call, I was unable to submit. I contacted one of the SCC but she said the fault is not from their end. The call just expired like that.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 12:10pm On Dec 06, 2019
Mekanus:
I saw similar complaints on slack this morning too. The lady said she edited everything, but after review she got 1. And when she checked her transcript, it was returned exactly as it was generated by the auto transcript.

I think it's the introduction of timestamp on the new platform. I transcribe yesterday morning and there was no time stamp.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Mekanus(m): 12:15pm On Dec 06, 2019
PattyMike:

I think it's the introduction of timestamp on the new platform. I transcribe yesterday morning and there was no time stamp.
Yes, that's the platform I've been using since without the time stamp. That time stamp stuff actually started in the night.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 12:20pm On Dec 06, 2019
Yesterday and today have been funny on Qa world, everybody is complaining about 1 auto error or the other. Even a whole PAU C is complaining too, I even saw her asking for call clarification, this is the height of the current problem. Pls it seems it will be best to take a two days break, I no fit shout abeg. @Nwafresh take heart but Qa have run mad and even Erlen is confused too.
The redo courtesy is gone guys. This is what Team manager said:
I'm sorry but since it would have been submitted by someone else already, we can't expedite a re-do, Jude.

I understand the frustration of one inverted speaker label but that's our rule that it will be rated a 1.

We are considering removing the re-do option altogether. I will likely be requesting for it so that there will be no further complications and frustrations of varying levels.

Everyone will just have to make sure to work on their transcript the best they can each time and not be reliant on the re-do courtesy.
Las, las Jungle don mature, Both the lions and the lizard have to eat or be eaten. A stupid call rater is currently on the loose, run for your life cheesygrincheesy.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 12:20pm On Dec 06, 2019
Olabowa:
Please guys, I went to UBA Bank to request for the Africard International, and the customer rep said they only have Africard International Low. Please is it the same thing?

It's not the same. Please go to another branch and request for International High.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 12:25pm On Dec 06, 2019
SUPERPACK:
Yesterday and today have been funny on Qa world, everybody is complaining about 1 auto error or the other. Even a whole PAU C is complaining too, I even saw her asking for call clarification, this is the height of the current problem. Pls it seems it will be best to take a two days break, I no fit shout abeg. @Nwafresh take heart but Qa have run mad and even Erlen is confused too.
I'm sorry but since it would have been submitted by someone else already, we can't expedite a re-do, Jude.

I understand the frustration of one inverted speaker label but that's our rule that it will be rated a 1.

We are considering removing the re-do option altogether. I will likely be requesting for it so that there will be no further complications and frustrations of varying levels.

Everyone will just have to make sure to work on their transcript the best they can each time and not be reliant on the re-do courtesy.

Las, las Jungle don mature, Both the lions and the lizard have to eat or be eaten. A stupid call rater is currently on the loose, run for your life cheesygrincheesy.

When did the bolded convo take place? Because, I still got a re-do late last night.

All the same, I guess it's time everyone stepped up their game, or find themselves on the other side... cool
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by skywalker95(m): 12:29pm On Dec 06, 2019
SUPERPACK:

I noticed this yesterday, and I was told the same thing. True, true, jungle don mature.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 12:31pm On Dec 06, 2019
Ohiosimuan:

OK. Thanks.

Do you know how to tell the calls apart?

An American 2mins call is usually allotted 40mins to submit. 3mins call from 1hr.
Whereas, a British 2mins call is usually allotted 1h+ to submit. 3mins call from 2hrs.
So, use this calculation to pick your calls.

Also, since you're new, I'd advice you limit yourself to a maximum of 5mins call. 2mins to 3mins should be okay for a start. When you feel confident enough, you can advance to 4mins, 5mins, etc.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Mekanus(m): 12:34pm On Dec 06, 2019
SUPERPACK:

grin grin grin
I swear, jungle Don really mature for us newbies ooo. And this is coming now that one SCC tricked me into transcribing 2 rep to rep calls. They said if the call is about one rep calling on behalf of a customer, it should be transcribed. So, after transcribing the call, lo and behold I got two straight 1. When I contacted the SCC again, she started describing another thing altogether. Now they have crashed my Last 10 calls rating from 4.3 to 3.1. We will survive sha, na Nigerians we be.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 12:42pm On Dec 06, 2019
Hurry on, guys.

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 12:59pm On Dec 06, 2019
. Kilon shele bayi. Rating wey I dey suffer build till 4.1 just crash enter 2.6 and Sunday is fast approaching with 16 5s 4 left to go to silver badge. Is this how they will sack me bayi? I can't even attempt another call with the para para rater on the loose.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Olabowa: 1:06pm On Dec 06, 2019
brijibs:

It's not the same. Please go to another branch and request for International High.

Thank you so much.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 2:03pm On Dec 06, 2019
brijibs:

When did the bolded convo take place? Because, I still got a re-do late last night.

All the same, I guess it's time everyone stepped up their game, or find themselves on the other side... cool
That was Arlen's reply to @Nwafresh.
Check it on slack.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Samxie(m): 3:40pm On Dec 06, 2019
The new platform isn't that bad. I just finished working with it now.

Yes. It might take a while to get used to. But, I personally think it's not that bad.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 06, 2019
PAU C after working on a 30 minutes transcription and getting a 1 rating.

5 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Mizrob(f): 4:47pm On Dec 06, 2019
Pls I need help. My phone was bad so I used someone's phone to withdraw from my PayPal. I tried logging in today and I was asked to reset password. In the process, I was given a code to provide when they call me. I didn't receive any call and the next thing I saw was "sorry we couldn't confirm it's you". I have tried to reach them but I couldn't. Pls can anyone help me with a solution to this? If you've had similar problem, how did you get it resolved?Thanks.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by oyeezah(f): 5:04pm On Dec 06, 2019
Please I need help. I have tried creating a PayPal account, it keeps giving me error saying there's something wrong with the postal code. I have tried different post codes, still didn't work
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 5:23pm On Dec 06, 2019
oyeezah:
Please I need help. I have tried creating a PayPal account, it keeps giving me error saying there's something wrong with the postal code. I have tried different post codes, still didn't work

use 23400 or 23401

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.