Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,208 members, 7,829,323 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (317) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (427047 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 9:48pm On Mar 19, 2020
legalwealth:

Names on PayPal account different from names on ones Africard could cause issue.

Many open PayPal accounts with different names including fake ones and add Africard to it
because the card has flaws of working with any PayPal account irrespective of the names on it.

They cannot shut Africard down but they could make it that names must tally or they eventually
block it from accepting withdrawals especially from PayPal.

Buxz prepaid visacard from zenith
Prepaid visacard from first bank etc

don't accept withdrawals especially from PayPal.

Is this confirmed? Because, I'm picking mine up tomorrow.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 10:04pm On Mar 19, 2020
thorrvik55:

How? @ the bolded

Kindly ignore certain comments... Some of the effects of #socialconnectedness

3 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by ezeigwe92(m): 10:15pm On Mar 19, 2020
Please help I have gotten any invitation mail from slack ,for me to start plz help a brother
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 5:51am On Mar 20, 2020
crystalwox:
in addition, you need to earn up to $50 to withdraw to Payoneer, withdrawal is not auto like PayPal, you would have to chat admin with your email every time I want to withdraw to Payoneer. And you have to be ready to initiate your withdrawal few minutes after the weekly rated payments have cleared which happens every 1am on Fridays.

Now as per comparing the two platforms, these are my observations.
Similarities of both platforms
1. Both platforms pay low, GT just almost insignificantly higher.
2. Both pay on 'thursdays' slight differences based on their locations.
3. Flexibility in choosing when to work.
4. Rating system is 1 to 5
5. PayPal can be used as a firm of receiving monies earned
6. Both usually have enough calls if you are dedicated
7. Both use speaker labels, QA speaker labels are easier and constant, while GTs can be very diverse and wrong tagging can cost low ratings.
8. Both have transcription tools, most well established transcription companies do.
9. There are lenient and strict QAs or editors.
10. There are more and easier jobs in the middle of the night/early mornings.

Differences
1. GT trains you better to get external jobs, cos u would be a better transcriber. If I can consistently maintain a rating of around 4.3 to 4.6, your private clients will stick with you cos of your quality.
2. It's easier to earn on QA compared to GT, provided you master QA transcription platform properly.
3. It's easier to assimilate GT training and rules initially, but there a are a lot more to learn when you start.
4. QA deals only with calls, while GT does all kinds of transcription.
5. There is format specifications on GT, i.e full verbatim, clean verbatim, speaker change timestamps, or time interval timestamps.
6. Review of your work on QA is faster as it may take hours to even 5 days for your work to be rated on GT. Editors on GT usually run from bad files too just as transcribers.
7. GT transcription tool can be used for non-GT calls, and it's one of the easiest way to transcribe if its use is understood.
8. QA calls text are pre-transcribed by their platform, while GT does not. U can even get all the transcripts for a QA call by extracting the source file.
9. QA entry test will be like a child's play to pass for a regular GT transcriber. GT transcriber test is harder to pass.
10. You can easily earn more on GT by becoming an editor (QA) after achieving a minimum of 4.5 rating over 400 minutes of calls in a 60 day window period.

Will share more as I remember. Thanks.
Dude, how do I request a Payoneer payment from Gotranscript? The process is rather opaque and confusing
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Jonny2wealth: 6:12am On Mar 20, 2020
hello, please i want to apply for africard today, must it be from UBA? am using firstbank, what type should i tell them i need and which documents do i need to present?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 6:25am On Mar 20, 2020
Jonny2wealth:
hello, please i want to apply for africard today, must it be from UBA? am using firstbank, what type should i tell them i need and which documents do i need to present?
You're on your own
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 6:28am On Mar 20, 2020
nwafresh:

Let's assume you're using a different name, but I think what UBA will be interested in is the source of the fund into PayPal before it hits the card you linked. If the source is legit, why worry?
Ordinarily it is sender/PayPals job to verify funds and then subsequently issue a chargeback to withdrawing Bank. If you have taken cash out already then they can come to your house. But by then egungun will be aware because paypal go don wire you better claims emails.
The worst UBA can do is limit use of their cards in the first place. They shouldn't hold the money. Egungun can sue them o.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by legalwealth(m): 8:23am On Mar 20, 2020
brijibs:

Is this confirmed? Because, I'm picking mine up tomorrow.

What are you referring to?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by sampete(m): 8:39am On Mar 20, 2020
Olabowa:

No. The rep was told to self-quarantine because his maid just came back from Italy.

Funnily enough, his accent was clear. It was the customer that ruined the call for me. I also gave it up.
Okay. Coronavirus seem to be in all the calls I have been working on lately.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by toluxe0075: 8:44am On Mar 20, 2020
sampete:
Shebi you've been able the claim calls. Before I click, all calls are gone. Corona don cause kasala o
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 8:54am On Mar 20, 2020
sampete:

Picked up a call last night and this customer was coughing. I was just saying back to sender whenever she cough o. Lolx.. Wia I work, the white men are just panicking. They're now planning redundancy for some workers. This virus is really going to hit the world hard if no cure in the next 2 months.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Inehmesit: 8:55am On Mar 20, 2020
I don’t even know, cause I googled a lot of them, and got plenty results, but the question is, do they all work internationally, or some are location based, that’s why I was asking which and which you work with, so I won’t encounter any problems, you know how this sites are when it comes to people registering from Nigeria undecided
samsard:
Nah, never tried waywithwords. It doesn't matter which I recommend, which can you get into.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by sampete(m): 8:58am On Mar 20, 2020
toluxe0075:

Shebi you've been able the claim calls. Before I click, all calls are gone. Corona don cause kasala o
Yea. There are calls mostly from 7pm till day break and then they disappear. So what I do most times is sleep well during the day to prepare for night duty grin

5 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by sampete(m): 9:12am On Mar 20, 2020
nwafresh:

Picked up a call last night and this customer was coughing. I was just saying back to sender whenever she cough o. Lolx.. Wia I work, the white men are just panicking. They're now planning redundancy for some workers. This virus is really going to hit the world hard if no cure in the next 2 months.
cheesy

Yeah you're right. And I believe Nigeria/Africa would be the worst hit as we don't have the much needed infrastructure in place to combat this outbreak.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 10:21am On Mar 20, 2020
legalwealth:

What are you referring to?

First bank prepaid visa card
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by legalwealth(m): 10:22am On Mar 20, 2020
brijibs:

First bank prepaid visa card

It doesn't accept withdrawal from PayPal.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Iyazking: 11:17am On Mar 20, 2020
legalwealth:

It doesn't accept withdrawal from PayPal.
Have you tried it yourself
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Iyazking: 11:18am On Mar 20, 2020
Has anyone successfully withdraw and transfer on UBA africard today??
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 11:38am On Mar 20, 2020
Iyazking:
Has anyone successfully withdraw and transfer on UBA africard today??
Yea still working
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by legalwealth(m): 12:17pm On Mar 20, 2020
Iyazking:

Have you tried it yourself

Try it before asking me such question.

Do I look like a joker?

If you are using it and it is working, let us know.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 12:23pm On Mar 20, 2020
legalwealth:

Do I look like a joker?
No be fight, bro. He only asked for clarification.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by legalwealth(m): 12:46pm On Mar 20, 2020
SUPERPACK:
No be fight, bro. He only asked for clarification.

Neither am I fighting him/her.

I clearly stated it is not working on what he/she quoted.

If he/she needs confirmation, then he/she should go practical.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Topshow4real: 12:53pm On Mar 20, 2020
Has anyone tried verbit? I learnt it's easy, and more of proofreading. Its not working on mobile, and I don't have a pc
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 1:00pm On Mar 20, 2020
Yeah, I did. For over a week now, they haven't sent the result of the test file I did
Topshow4real:
Has anyone tried verbit? I learnt it's easy, and more of proofreading. Its not working on mobile, and I don't have a pc
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 1:00pm On Mar 20, 2020
I think it works on only PC
Topshow4real:
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by ausproxi(m): 1:45pm On Mar 20, 2020
Time to learn from the masters. Hope I am welcomed? wink
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by ausproxi(m): 1:46pm On Mar 20, 2020
Pamela28:
Yeah, I did. For over a week now, they haven't sent the result of the test file I did

Forget about it if you don't get invitation in 24 hours after the test.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by ausproxi(m): 1:47pm On Mar 20, 2020
Anyone else having issue with adding new email to PayPal?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Iyazking: 2:27pm On Mar 20, 2020
legalwealth:

Do I look like a joker?

No be fight ogah...
Na question
Abi
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by legalwealth(m): 2:30pm On Mar 20, 2020
Iyazking:

No be fight ogah...
Na question
Abi

You should have figured out what to do by now.

Best of luck! !!
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by severide: 4:42pm On Mar 20, 2020
for does who have withdraw from PayPal to africard and was unable to withdraw it, have you try to use the card for checkout or use the card for something else apart from withdrawing. does it work?

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.