Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (328) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (424928 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Klington: 6:11pm On Mar 30, 2020
Greatihex:
let's say you heard something that sounds like, "covik 1-9", if you search on Google with what you think you heard, Google will help give you the correct spelling as, "COVID-19.
Okay.
Thanks
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Greatihex(m): 8:16pm On Mar 30, 2020
samsard:
If you think Digital Air Strike calls are difficult because they have up to five or more speakers at times, then you surely haven't met multiple speaker files on GoTranscript.
On Qaworld there are only two labels: Customer or Rep
On GoTranscript you're dealing with Man 1, Woman 3, Man 6, etc. grin Aswear GoT editors are probably supermen. One file had toddlers. Now imagine identifying toddlers by their voices as: Student 1... Student 7 cheesy
I can't work there.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by fmcjunior(m): 8:23pm On Mar 30, 2020
SpongeBobSP:

- First, you should try not to make your statements too long, before a comma or period.

Time format too, no o'clock, it's always 12:00, or 12 p.m., a.m., even of they say 12 o'clock.

- Be sure to write brand names properly, especially popular ones.

- These are false starts and you can leave them out, from your example you can leave out "what if" it's a false start, and then the rest you can link with ellipses, ... as long as the person doesn't complete a train of thought and then switches to another topic.

- You just need to study the FAQ and you'll get used to it, keep practicing and you'll start understanding the tricks, and what exactly they want, it will get easier, trust me, na so everybody start, you just have to keep at it.
lastly, READ YOUR FAQ!!
All right. Thanks. Will they automatically pay me even all I have in my balance is some cents? or I'll be the one to request for payment
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Olabowa: 11:30pm On Mar 30, 2020
samsard:
If you think Digital Air Strike calls are difficult because they have up to five or more speakers at times, then you surely haven't met multiple speaker files on GoTranscript.
On Qaworld there are only two labels: Customer or Rep
On GoTranscript you're dealing with Man 1, Woman 3, Man 6, etc. grin Aswear GoT editors are probably supermen. One file had toddlers. Now imagine identifying toddlers by their voices as: Student 1... Student 7 cheesy

When I read up to that place, I simply abandoned the site.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Greenbuoy(m): 2:28am On Mar 31, 2020
hi guys, should i manually type the timestamps?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Cidozs(m): 4:19am On Mar 31, 2020
KNIGHTBlaed:

How much are you selling yours?

130$
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by ThisisIkemefuna(m): 5:11am On Mar 31, 2020
Poor rating for over 5 conservative times. Jeez! Someone please some insight ooo

Customer: My phone number is 9 2 3
Rep: 9 2 3
Customer: 7 8 1
Rep: 782
Customer: 20
Rep: 2 0

I am being told to transcribe the above in one timestamp, please is this correct? And will I also transcribe in the REP's response
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Hausa(m): 6:28am On Mar 31, 2020
Greenbuoy:
hi guys, should i manually type the timestamps?
No.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Hausa(m): 6:30am On Mar 31, 2020
ThisisIkemefuna:
Poor rating for over 5 conservative times. Jeez! Someone please some insight ooo

Customer: My phone number is 9 2 3
Rep: 9 2 3
Customer: 7 8 1
Rep: 782
Customer: 20
Rep: 2 0

I am being told to transcribe the above in one timestamp, please is this correct? And will I also transcribe in the REP's response
When the rep is repeating, do nothing. Just type only what the customer has said. The rep might then say "okay" at the end of it, or he even may ask another question.

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by ThisisIkemefuna(m): 7:45am On Mar 31, 2020
Hausa:
When the rep is repeating, do nothing. Just type only what the customer has said. The rep might then say "okay" at the end of it, or he even may ask another question.

Thank you very much. This means it is not only applicable to phone numbers, even email, and address? I mean when a customer says an email address and the rep is repeating.

Customer: ikemefunamorris@yahoo.com

Rep: Ikemefunamorris@yahoo.com Okay, got it.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Hausa(m): 8:03am On Mar 31, 2020
ThisisIkemefuna:

Thank you very much. This means it is not only applicable to phone numbers, even email, and address? I mean when a customer says an email address and the rep is repeating.

Rep: Okay, got it.

That's all.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Greatihex(m): 8:06am On Mar 31, 2020
Some QAWorld raters are just plain angry, while some just rate with sleepy eyes.

Imagine someone getting a 4 rating when there was a lot of misheards that altered so much of the content, but I got a 1 for just omitting an "Okay" response of the same call.

What kind of bad luck is this?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 8:09am On Mar 31, 2020
Mehn.. My first love is back CHL grp calls grin grin.. Quarantine will be light grin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by sammysage(m): 8:13am On Mar 31, 2020
nwafresh:
Mehn.. My first love is back CHL grp calls grin grin.. Quarantine will be light grin
Lol...are you for real? grin

I picked up 5 CHL calls earlier this morning. I gave them up and went straight to bed.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 8:37am On Mar 31, 2020
Hausa:
Rep: Okay, got it.

That's all.
To the best of my knowledge, that is missing content! Auto 1.
The only thing to be excluded is fillers. E.g

Cus: 090

Rep: Okay.

Cus: 775

Rep: Mm-hmm

The example you gave is removing valid information.

For transacribing in one timestamp it should just be
Cus: 090775
All the Okays and mm-hmms between are not necessary
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Josonas: 8:44am On Mar 31, 2020
Greatihex:
Google the first sentence of the clip, you will see the answer. You will even see a link to this same thread.
Thanks.Funny enough I got a mail that I have passed the test without taking it.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Olabowa: 10:30am On Mar 31, 2020
ThisisIkemefuna:

Example:

Cus: The email address is ikemefuna@gmail.com.
Rep: Ikemefuna@gmail.com. Okay, got it.

PHONE number repetition example.

Cus: Phone number is 234
Rep: 234
Cus: 564
Rep: 564
Cus:7893
Rep:7893. Okay, got it.

Should be:

Cus: Phone number is 234-5647893.
Rep: 234-5647893. Okay, got it.

Address repetition example.

Cus: 25 okuniyi drive
Rep: 25 okuniyi drive
Cus: Maryland
Rep: Maryland you said?
Cus: Yes, Maryland.

Should beb

Cus:[/]

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by ThisisIkemefuna(m): 11:53am On Mar 31, 2020
Olabowa:

Example:

Cus: The email address is ikemefuna@gmail.com.
Rep: Ikemefuna@gmail.com. Okay, got it.

PHONE number repetition example.

Cus: Phone number is 234
Rep: 234
Cus: 564
Rep: 564
Cus:7893
Rep:7893. Okay, got it.

Should be:

Cus: Phone number is 234-5647893.
Rep: 234-5647893. Okay, got it.

Address repetition example.

Cus: 25 okuniyi drive
Rep: 25 okuniyi drive
Cus: Maryland

Should beb

Cus:[/]

But hausa said to not repeat the number nor email.

That FAQ is quite complicated sha
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Olabowa: 12:11pm On Mar 31, 2020
ThisisIkemefuna:

But hausa said to not repeat the number nor email.

That FAQ is quite complicated sha

If you don't, you will be marked down for 'missing content'. The rep repeated it for clarification, so must you also transcribe it, not disjointedly, but as a whole.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by ThisisIkemefuna(m): 12:16pm On Mar 31, 2020
Olabowa:

If you don't, you will be marked down for 'missing content'. The rep repeated it for clarification, so must you also transcribe it, not disjointedly, but as a whole.

Got it. You're very kind.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Hausa(m): 1:37pm On Mar 31, 2020
samsard:
To the best of my knowledge, that is missing content! Auto 1.
The only thing to be excluded is fillers. E.g

Cus: 090

Rep: Okay.

Cus: 775

Rep: Mm-hmm

The example you gave is removing valid information.

For transacribing in one timestamp it should just be
Cus: 090775
All the Okays and mm-hmms between are not necessary
I don't know but I'm thinking you must've mixed up the whole thing. This isn't what he talked about. My response isn't what you're clarifying.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Hausa(m): 1:42pm On Mar 31, 2020
Olabowa:

Right.
But there's a little problem.
There's a difference between clarification and just repetition.

E.g. 1:
Cus: abcd@Bleep.com.
Rep: abcd@Bleep.com?
Cus: Correct.
Rep: Got you.
Note: The rep repeated in question mode. Of course, we can decipher when something is a question and not a question.

E.g. 2:
Rep: (***abcd@Bleep.com). Got you.
***Note: In this case, he wasn't asking for clarification purposes. He just said it. By listening carefully, we're able to decipher when it's a question and when it's not. Therefore, there's no need to repeat the email address mentioned. You'll not be given a markdown whatsoever.

But then, if you do it your way and you like it that way, fine. It's still a win-win.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 2:18pm On Mar 31, 2020
Hausa:
I don't know but I'm thinking you must've mixed up the whole thing. This isn't what he talked about. My response isn't what you're clarifying.
Okay then
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by MaziOkoro: 4:22pm On Mar 31, 2020
Hausa:
Right.
But there's a little problem.
There's a difference between clarification and just repetition.

E.g. 1:
Rep: abcd@Bleep.com?
Cus: Correct.
Rep: Got you.
Note: The rep repeated in question mode. Of course, we can decipher when something is a question and not a question.

E.g. 2:
Rep: (***abcd@Bleep.com). Got you.
***Note: In this case, he wasn't asking for clarification purposes. He just said it. By listening carefully, we're able to decipher when it's a question and when it's not. Therefore, there's no need to repeat the email address mentioned. You'll not be given a markdown whatsoever.

But then, if you do it your way and you like it that way, fine. It's still a win-win.

Repetitions like that is very much acceptable by QA. You could be given a markdown for missing content because you're not the judge of what statement is in question mode or otherwise.

In conclusion, in as much as it is not fillers, (or half phone number), it should be transcribed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 5:12pm On Mar 31, 2020
MaziOkoro:

Repetitions like that is very much acceptable by QA. You could be given a markdown for missing content because you're not the judge of what statement is in question mode or otherwise.

In conclusion, in as much as it is not fillers, (or half phone number), it should be transcribed.
Sometimes the Qas are lenient so people mistake that for something else. Even Arlen brought up the issue of phonetically spelling names, some are in the habit of excluding the S for Sam, A as in alligator, L for Lima thing. If rules get enforced strictly even some "okay" would count as missing content. It's clearly stated that only filler words WHEN USED EXCESSIVELY should be excused.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by berbs: 5:29pm On Mar 31, 2020
sammysage:

Lol...are you for real? grin

I picked up 5 CHL calls earlier this morning. I gave them up and went straight to bed.
cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Greenbuoy(m): 6:29pm On Mar 31, 2020
Hausa:
No.
but it's not showing automatically
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Greenbuoy(m): 6:40pm On Mar 31, 2020
Hello guys. I tried to do my first job earlier today. Didn't complete it though as I ran out of power. The major challenge I faced was that the system didn't display timestamp automatically. It only displayed play button for each segments. What is the way forward for me?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by MaziOkoro: 7:00pm On Mar 31, 2020
Greenbuoy:
Hello guys. I tried to do my first job earlier today. Didn't complete it though as I ran out of power. The major challenge I faced was that the system didn't display timestamp automatically. It only displayed play button for each segments. What is the way forward for me?

You don't need timestamps.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by MaziOkoro: 7:01pm On Mar 31, 2020
samsard:
Sometimes the Qas are lenient so people mistake that for something else. Even Arlen brought up the issue of phonetically spelling names, some are in the habit of excluding the S for Sam, A as in alligator, L for Lima thing. If rules get enforced strictly even some "okay" would count as missing content. It's clearly stated that only filler words WHEN USED EXCESSIVELY should be excused.

Exactly.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Zeezo1000: 7:27pm On Mar 31, 2020
berbs:

cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
CHL do have simple call as well. I did one this morning 10min 3hrs+
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Hausa(m): 9:47pm On Mar 31, 2020
MaziOkoro:

Like I said, if it works for you, fine.

But wait, how can I not be the judge of what statement is a question or otherwise?
I'm confused. Like, what is that?

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.