Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (329) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (425532 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Greenbuoy(m): 10:03pm On Mar 31, 2020
MaziOkoro:

You don't need timestamps.
Okay, thanks
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Yampotatocarrot(m): 4:06am On Apr 01, 2020
Good day, house

Please, I joined the group yesterday, and so far I've only been getting calls to proofread an already transcribed call.

So far, my ratings have hovered around 2/3. Although I'm given the opportunity to go through it again, I'm completely at a loss on where the errors are. Please, is anyone available to help me before I resubmit them?

Also, is there a way to get transcribing calls rather than proofreading ones?

It's a humble plea
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Olabowa: 7:47am On Apr 01, 2020
Hausa:
Right.
But there's a little problem.
There's a difference between clarification and just repetition.

E.g. 1:
Cus: abcd@Bleep.com.
Rep: abcd@Bleep.com?
Cus: Correct.
Rep: Got you.
Note: The rep repeated in question mode. Of course, we can decipher when something is a question and not a question.

E.g. 2:
Cus: abcd@Bleep.com.
Rep: (***abcd@Bleep.com). Got you.
***Note: In this case, he wasn't asking for clarification purposes. He just said it. By listening carefully, we're able to decipher when it's a question and when it's not. Therefore, there's no need to repeat the email address mentioned. You'll not be given a markdown whatsoever.

But then, if you do it your way and you like it that way, fine. It's still a win-win.

I get you. But not all the time a clarification have to end in the rising tone. That's why some REP do repeat numbers as the CUSTOMER is calling it. They do that so that the CUSTOMER can correct them if there is a mistake.

But, like you said, it boils down to what works for everyone individually
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Olabowa: 7:52am On Apr 01, 2020
samsard:
Sometimes the Qas are lenient so people mistake that for something else. Even Arlen brought up the issue of phonetically spelling names, some are in the habit of excluding the S for Sam, A as in alligator, L for Lima thing. If rules get enforced strictly even some "okay" would count as missing content. It's clearly stated that only filler words WHEN USED EXCESSIVELY should be excused.

I have actually been marked down for spelling that way: Sam as in Sam, A as in Apple blah blah blah.
Since then, I don't transcribe that rubbish, I always do it the normal spelling way { S-A-...} and haven't been marked down for it.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Olabowa: 8:00am On Apr 01, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:
Good day, house

Please, I joined the group yesterday, and so far I've only been getting calls to proofread an already transcribed call.

So far, my ratings have hovered around 2/3. Although I'm given the opportunity to go through it again, I'm completely at a loss on where the errors are. Please, is anyone available to help me before I resubmit them?

Also, is there a way to get transcribing calls rather than proofreading ones?

It's a humble plea

Your errors would be stated above each transcript or the redo email sent to you. Some lenient raters would even specify the segment (e.g missing content 5678866677) In that case, go through your transcript and use the last 3 numbers, 677 in the e.g, to locate the segment and see what's wrong or what response you missed, when you start your redo.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 9:25am On Apr 01, 2020
Olabowa:

I have actually been marked down for spelling that way: Sam as in Sam, A as in Apple blah blah blah.
Since then, I don't transcribe that rubbish, I always do it the normal spelling way { S-A-...} and haven't been marked down for it.
The Qa is crazy and lazy. They rate subjectively a lot.
Arlen herself brought up the issue for debate.
I always include it and only got corrected for doing it the wrong way once. I'd have disputed if I was the one.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by berbs: 9:34am On Apr 01, 2020
Whoever is using 18 and 5 that marked down my work after spending more than 5hours on 23minutes work, na Coronavirus go jam them las las. That's why I don't like doing re-do. Almost 50minutes gone down the drain just like that. This is ridiculous. Abeg, which transcription company do more of American calls This thing is heartbreaking. embarassed
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 9:43am On Apr 01, 2020
berbs:
Whoever is using 18 and 5 that marked down my work after spending more than 5hours on 23minutes work, na Coro go jam them last last. That's why I don't like doing re-do. Almost 50minutes gone down the drain just like that. This is ridiculous. Abeg, which transcription company do more of American calls. This thing is heartbreaking.
If you go buy Crowdsurf account cheesy
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by berbs: 9:44am On Apr 01, 2020
samsard:
Bros, I no dey buy. I'll rather work my way through.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Hausa(m): 9:47am On Apr 01, 2020
samsard:
They're into American jobs more?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Hausa(m): 9:48am On Apr 01, 2020
berbs:
Whoever is using 18 and 5 that marked down my work after spending more than 5hours on 23minutes work, na Coronavirus go jam them las las. That's why I don't like doing re-do. Almost 50minutes gone down the drain just like that. This is ridiculous. Abeg, which transcription company do more of American calls This thing is heartbreaking. embarassed
FC-UK, yes?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 9:51am On Apr 01, 2020
Hausa:
They're into American jobs more?
Don't mind me, I don't have an account with them cheesy But videos are easier to transcribe. I hope I can join GoT subtitling team soon

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 9:52am On Apr 01, 2020
berbs:

Bros, I no dey buy. I'll rather work my way through.
grin grin grin By the time wey dem done block Nigerians and Africans finish you go dey beg to buy for $500 grin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by berbs: 10:07am On Apr 01, 2020
Hausa:
FC-UK, yes?
Yes, please. Used otter and Live Transcribe for it plus my hearing ability. Jumped at it because it had IVR but alas. 1 & 2 lobade.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by berbs: 10:13am On Apr 01, 2020
samsard:
grin grin grin By the time wey dem done block Nigerians and Africans finish you go dey beg to buy for $500 grin
Nah-uh. No be only transcription job dey online. Virtual Assistant, Social Media Management, Data Entry, Software Testing and lots more dey. What one needs is patience and thorough research.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 10:41am On Apr 01, 2020
UPWORK PREMIUM SOFTWARES

Read Through

Email Extractor:
A premium software use for extracting email addresses on any webpage. Also use for separating valid and invalid email address.. GET IT NOW -3k

Sothink Logo Maker:
A premium logo maker use in making beautiful logo designs within minutes. This can aid your logo designs business... GET IT NOW. - 3k

Video Maker:
A premium software for making cool animation video for your YouTube and Webpages essential for your business success. GET IT NOW. - 5k

RAR PassFab Software:
This software is great for recovering locked or passworded rar files.

Pm now or whatsapp 08189567951 to order yours.

Old Gmails available! #1, 500 per 1

US Emails list - 1milliion (10k)

Europe Email list - 1milliion (10k)

Asia Email list - 10, 000 (15k)

Premium Bulk Mailer - (3k)

Clickbank account - (20k)

Acute Email IDS Production engine - 5k

Article writers - I have websites where you can get free articles to do your article writing job.

-PRR/MRR Materials available.

Contact Now! O8189567951

Call now, let's transact.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 11:10am On Apr 01, 2020
berbs:

Nah-uh. No be only transcription job dey online. Virtual Assistant, Social Media Management, Data Entry, Software Testing and lots more dey. What one needs is patience and thorough research.
Yeah, getting off to a start is usually the hard part with the others. Well, it is with everything really.
What other gigs do you currently run?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 11:11am On Apr 01, 2020
berbs:

Yes, please. Used otter and Live Transcribe for it plus my hearing ability. Jumped at it because it had IVR but alas. 1 & 2 lobade.
Anything Bleep I can't transcribe with my ears and the followcome AI I dump. It requires patience, not shortcuts.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Yampotatocarrot(m): 12:31pm On Apr 01, 2020
Olabowa:

Your errors would be stated above each transcript or the redo email sent to you. Some lenient raters would even specify the segment (e.g missing content 5678866677) In that case, go through your transcript and use the last 3 numbers, 677 in the e.g, to locate the segment and see what's wrong or what response you missed, when you start your redo.

Thanks for this, please how do I locate the particular segment with the last three numbers

(Yeah, there were some numbers attached)
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by berbs: 4:40pm On Apr 01, 2020
samsard:
Anything Bleep I can't transcribe with my ears and the followcome AI I dump. It requires patience, not shortcuts.
You don't get it. I only use my ability to transcribe. Those AI are merely backups. Sometimes, you'll be stucked and AI will save the day. I had to much time to do the work and those mofos keep looking for errors wey no dey to ensure I don't get paid. If you read the script, you'll understand mua. Anyways, I've moved past that already.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by berbs: 4:44pm On Apr 01, 2020
samsard:
Yeah, getting off to a start is usually the hard part with the others. Well, it is with everything really.
What other gigs do you currently run?
I assist a 2 start ups to manage their facebook messages. Those ones do weekly campaign to increase their online presence and get converts in turn.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 6:58pm On Apr 01, 2020
berbs:

I assist a 2 start ups to manage their facebook messages. Those ones do weekly campaign to increase their online presence and get converts in turn.
Cool gig. Build your profile and you land much better offers through other platforms

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 6:59pm On Apr 01, 2020
berbs:

You don't get it. I only use my ability to transcribe. Those AI are merely backups. Sometimes, you'll be stucked and AI will save the day. I had to much time to do the work and those mofos keep looking for errors wey no dey to ensure I don't get paid. If you read the script, you'll understand mua. Anyways, I've moved past that already.
Oh, I do that too on GoT. Sometimes the AI will misread something but I still get a useful clue.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 8:40pm On Apr 01, 2020
grin

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by berbs: 8:57pm On Apr 01, 2020
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Olabowa: 10:55pm On Apr 01, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

Thanks for this, please how do I locate the particular segment with the last three numbers

(Yeah, there were some numbers attached)

Go to your dashboard, click on the CID of the call, it will take you to the transcript. At the top of the transcript are your errors. At the left side of the transcript will be role of numbers for each timestamp. Now, if the rater mentioned the specific timestamp where you made a mistake by giving the number e.g 234567890, use the last three numbers (890 in the example I gave) provided by the rater to locate the timestamp where he/she wants you to correct your error.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Yampotatocarrot(m): 1:24am On Apr 02, 2020
Olabowa:

Go to your dashboard, click on the CID of the call, it will take you to the transcript. At the top of the transcript are your errors. At the left side of the transcript will be role of numbers for each timestamp. Now, if the rater mentioned the specific timestamp where you made a mistake by giving the number e.g 234567890, use the last three numbers (890 in the example I gave) provided by the rater to locate the timestamp where he/she wants you to correct your error.

Thanks.

Please, can one choose to transcribe from audio, rather than proofreading?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Olabowa: 7:46am On Apr 02, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

Thanks.

Please, can one choose to transcribe from audio, rather than proofreading?

If you wish, you might delete everything and start afresh, if that will work for you.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:57am On Apr 02, 2020
Olabowa:

If you wish, you might delete everything and start afresh, if that will work for you.

I'm really grateful for your help so far.

Some of the calls just sound as if the caller intentionally does not want the rep to hear what they are saying
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Jdhdgejio(m): 10:28am On Apr 02, 2020
Please is legalwealth listed as a trusted exchanger here??
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by legalwealth(m): 10:38am On Apr 02, 2020
Jdhdgejio:
Please is legalwealth listed as a trusted exchanger here??

I got a mention! !!

You can search my E-currency exchange business IJAM Exchange => www.ijamexchange.ng on google.

To chat on whatsapp, please click here => https:///2348091833866
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by onitemitope(m): 1:14pm On Apr 02, 2020
Hello house,
I'm new to this transcribing thing, asides articles I have read while doing research on ways to make money online.

I just registered on QA and i was given a test transcribe, and its about one side conversation responding to a call which was not played but assumed.

I would like to know if i need to put in the caller also ?

Thanks in anticipation everyone

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.