Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (425658 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 10:12pm On Jul 31, 2019
psyqs:

1. PC.
2. Part-Time. But going Full time soon.
3. All my calls are FC UK and sometimes FC and CL like one or two. Most of these long calls are FC calls.

Its not "part-time", if you're self-employed... shocked grin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 11:02pm On Jul 31, 2019
collinshush:

It seems you have resolved yours. Mine is international high yet refuses to link. I have not been able to visit the bank. My issue might be the address.

Apart from your address, do you have up to 1k presently in the account? If no, go and fund your account with 2k. They'll take #1050 for card fee, then PayPal will take close to 800 or so.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by dgee1(m): 11:25pm On Jul 31, 2019
Please what do you mean by billing address and where is the billing address at on one's Paypal account page? I was to be sure it is in order before going for my Card. Thanks

nwafresh:

With my experience so far, i guess it will help a lot folks that are yet to get their prepaid card..

1. Make sure that your billing address on paypal will be the same with the one you'll fill during the card application. If your PayPal address is not correct, you can edit it (i edited mine)
2. Request for the card from the customer service before he starts filling the details online. Once the card is with you, check the back of the envelope and see if what is written is INTERNATIONAL HIGH. if not, don't allow the personnel to continue with the process online.(i had same issue. I didn't check the back of the envelope and the guy ended up giving me LOCAL HIGH. So please ensure you collect the card envelope and check before he proceeds )
3. If the account (INTERNATIONAL HIGH) is successful, ensure you deposit at least #2000.

4. Once step 1-3 is correctly followed, you can now proceed with both the linking and confirmation.

Shout out to thorrvik55, OBI. I'm loyal sir.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by AGManuel: 12:53am On Aug 01, 2019
brijibs:

cool
brijibs:

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by AGManuel: 12:58am On Aug 01, 2019
samsard:
grin getting a hang of FC calls is the sheet. It still requires a lot of patience and internet search.

Please whats your secret code around these FC UK calls and how you cope with them? how does one get a hang on them like you said..and also the internet search regarding the calls ..how does that work ?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 1:54am On Aug 01, 2019
AGManuel:

cool

Sup?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Jayboltz(m): 5:44am On Aug 01, 2019
I just passed the transcription assessment text ,the next hurdel now is how to get a PayPal account.Any ideas please
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 5:56am On Aug 01, 2019
dgee1:
Please what do you mean by billing address and where is the billing address at on one's Paypal account page? I was to be sure it is in order before going for my Card. Thanks

The billing in your PayPal.
1. log into your PayPal account. That notification you do get demanding for you to link and confirm your card, click on the notification link.
2. Ut will take you to where you'll need to add your preferred payment options (either bank or card)
3. Select card option. It will take you to where you need to fill your card details. The billing address is the last information after your card number, expiry date of the card and the 3 digits number that are normally found at the back of ATM card.
4. When you Click on the billing address, the billing address (which is your home address) will appear. You'll also see an option of you adding another address.
6. Click on the billing address (your home address), it will take you to where you can edit it. I hope this will help you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 5:56am On Aug 01, 2019
nwafresh:

The billing address is in your PayPal.
1. log into your PayPal account. That notification you do get demanding for you to link and confirm your card, click on the notification link.
2. Ut will take you to where you'll need to add your preferred payment options (either bank or card)
3. Select card option. It will take you to where you need to fill your card details. The billing address is the last information after your card number, expiry date of the card and the 3 digits number that are normally found at the back of ATM card.
4. When you Click on the billing address, the billing address (which is your home address) will appear. You'll also see an option of you adding another address.
6. Click on the billing address (your home address), it will take you to where you can edit it. I hope this will help you.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by psyqs(m): 6:32am On Aug 01, 2019
brijibs:

Lol grin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 7:00am On Aug 01, 2019
I used all my release tokens yesterday, today they are telling me I have zero releases.
I don't understand this one o.

Samasard
Drawnobet
Hausadreturn
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Saintabdul(m): 7:12am On Aug 01, 2019
I am really interested in this... Please can someone put me through. shocked
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 7:14am On Aug 01, 2019
Saintabdul:
Thanks

Start from page one.

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by bountiouz: 8:58am On Aug 01, 2019
generationz:
I used all my release tokens yesterday, today they are telling me I have zero releases.
I don't understand this one o.

Samasard
Drawnobet
Hausadreturn

Your release token is refreshed 5pm Nigerian time (12am Philippine time) and valid till 4:59pm the next day.

3 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 9:08am On Aug 01, 2019
bountiouz:

Your release token is refreshed 5pm Nigerian time (12am Philippine time) and valid till 4:59pm the next day.
Alright
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Ayo199(m): 9:39am On Aug 01, 2019
Biggieboy:

Tell us what the rating note says and we'll tell u the mistake u made...
The last one I did says "These are examples of your errors among others. missing customer responses"event 44.... and the one I did prior to that says "missing content event 43....
I did not remember missing any content or any response except the one customer interrupts shortly while a rep is talking.
I have been given yellow card too..it remains red card
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by aydelicious: 9:53am On Aug 01, 2019
AYDELICIOUSE EATERY SERVICES®© will give you the real taste,with delicious services that will make your mouth watering... Specialize on Small chops, Spring Roll, Samosa, Mosa, Fish Ball Meat Ball, Puff-Puff, Fish in batter Chicken in Batter, Beef Kebab, BBQ Chicken BBQ fish , Asun , Shawarma Cocktail Mocktail Smoothies Drinks, African Continental dishes. Inter-continental Dished as well Catering services for Outdoor and Indoors services... Event Decoration Event Design Event Planning Management Rich Occasional Cakes Catering Hostesses Executive Ushers Training And Consultancy Our contact: +2348065752340, +2348099422243 +2347089664944 You can follow us on instagram Aydelicious_officail Our whatsapp group link https:///2348065752340 Our facebook page link: https://facebook.com/aydelikitchenservices/ Our email address: aydeliciouseateryservice@gmail.com Address: Plot 30, Agbede Olosugbo Rd, Agbede Meeting. Ikorodu. Lagos State...
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by hausadreturn(m): 11:20am On Aug 01, 2019
Ayo199:
The last one I did says "These are examples of your errors among others. missing customer responses"event 44.... and the one I did prior to that says "missing content event 43....
I did not remember missing any content or any response except the one customer interrupts shortly while a rep is talking.
I have been given yellow card too..it remains red card
I assume you use a phone. By chance, did you utilize the escape button?

Have you clarified that particular call on Slack?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by hausadreturn(m): 11:48am On Aug 01, 2019
Saintabdul:
Thanks
Given that the page has gone up to 40+, you can read the first 5 pages and then the last 5. If you feel there's a need to know more, then read on. If not, just ask your questions. I'm sure you'll get an answer.

N.B: This job is for the very patient.
Like, patience, perseverance, etc.
If you're not the type that reads a lot, you're likely not making any reasonable amount until after two weeks or more.
You're also likely to get kicked out from their company because of horrendous jobs.

But if you eventually get it, boom!!!

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by odizeey(m): 1:02pm On Aug 01, 2019
Inverted speak is true o. I didn't have any. It still have me that.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by ericbertrand(m): 1:21pm On Aug 01, 2019
Hi, guys. how do I transcribe temperature. e.g. it was 127 yesterday morning.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by psyqs(m): 1:39pm On Aug 01, 2019
ericbertrand:
Hi, guys. how do I transcribe temperature. e.g. it was 127 yesterday morning.

127°

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by ankaravillageng: 1:54pm On Aug 01, 2019
Hello
Am borrowing my sis account here
She introduced the whole transcribing and nairaland to me

Via this platform I have done all the necessary registration including PayPal ( I have not linked a card tho )

Now to my main issue

I have no successfully transcribed any call as I always have to release as a result of inaudible call

There was one particular call where there was no particular conversation for around 3minutes, the caller was waiting for the receiver to be done with what he was doing
But they kept saying
Hold on
Give me two minutes
Am still with u

Bottom line I need help with knowing which calls to pick and which to avoid
Any other tips cause this can very well be a full time job for me as I have nothing doing now other than others small online jobs as well
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Spade07: 2:17pm On Aug 01, 2019
ankaravillageng:
Hello
Am borrowing my sis account here
She introduced the whole transcribing and nairaland to me

Via this platform I have done all the necessary registration including PayPal ( I have not linked a card tho )

Now to my main issue

I have no successfully transcribed any call as I always have to release as a result of inaudible call

There was one particular call where there was no particular conversation for around 3minutes, the caller was waiting for the receiver to be done with what he was doing
But they kept saying
Hold on
Give me two minutes
Am still with u

Bottom line I need help with knowing which calls to pick and which to avoid
Any other tips cause this can very well be a full time job for me as I have nothing doing now other than others small online jobs as well

Since you are new to this, I will advise that you take your time to go through the FAQ's. That will keep your error minimal. Also go for short calls as they take less time to finish. Avoid calls where the customer and rep have accents, with time you will attempt them but for now release them.
Avoid Funding Circle and collection house for now. You can attempt others.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by ankaravillageng: 2:44pm On Aug 01, 2019
Spade07:

Since you are new to this, I will advise that you take your time to go through the FAQ's. That will keep your error minimal. Also go for short calls as they take less time to finish. Avoid calls where the customer and rep have accents, with time you will attempt them but for now release them.
Avoid Funding Circle and collection house for now. You can attempt others.

Thank you
I will try again
In another two weeks I would come back to give hopefully progress update
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Saintabdul(m): 3:20pm On Aug 01, 2019
Thanks... I am reading from the top
hausadreturn:
Given that the page has gone up to 40+, you can read the first 5 pages and then the last 5. If you feel there's a need to know more, then read on. If not, just ask your questions. I'm sure you'll get an answer.

N.B: This job is for the very patient.
Like, patience, perseverance, etc.
If you're not the type that reads a lot, you're likely not making any reasonable amount until after two weeks or more.
You're also likely to get kicked out from their company because of horrendous jobs.

But if you eventually get it, boom!!!
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by zexzy(f): 4:48pm On Aug 01, 2019
please how can i find the short calls? I was rated 5 today on a 2.3 mins call and now all i can see is 10 mins and above. I am a newbie and that was my 5th trial. i don't think i am ready for the long calls yet. help anyone.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Playz(m): 5:39pm On Aug 01, 2019
zexzy:
please how can i find the short calls? I was rated 5 today on a 2.3 mins call and now all i can see is 10 mins and above. I am a newbie and that was my 5th trial. i don't think i am ready for the long calls yet. help anyone.
I've noticed that the short calls can best be gotten earlier in the day. But just keep refreshing, you can still get some.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biggieboy: 6:19pm On Aug 01, 2019
My qa payment for this week.

It could have easily been over $90 if all my calls were rated before cut off...

Making $100 a week on qa is not really a big ish like some people here feel. Once u take ur time to study and find ways to improve then you'll definitely be able to cash out big on a weekly basis.

For those asking if qa transcription can be a full time; Yes, it definitely can if u put ur heart to it.

For those that believe the platform is rigged against Africans; I am an African(Nigerian) and I made $81 last week (minus bonus) with back to back 5 and 4 ratings. If you believe they edit ur transcript after u submit, trust me, you will get frustrated and won't be able to take full advantage of qa transcription.

The tin dat has really kept me going is the fact dat I believe whatever a filipino can do, I can do much better because I am a Nigerian

9 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by collinshush: 6:46pm On Aug 01, 2019
Biggieboy:

Do u have at least #800 in it?
I loaded it before trying to link it. I loaded 2k and ₦1050 deducted.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by collinshush: 6:48pm On Aug 01, 2019
nwafresh:

Apart from your address, do you have up to 1k presently in the account? If no, go and fund your account with 2k. They'll take #1050 for card fee, then PayPal will take close to 800 or so.

I loaded 2k before trying to link it. The bank deducted ₦1050 for card.

You still not answered my question. Have you resolved yours?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Playz(m): 7:22pm On Aug 01, 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.