Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,240 members, 7,836,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (428252 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by psyqs(m): 7:25pm On Aug 01, 2019
Biggieboy:
My qa payment for this week.

It could have easily been over $90 if all my calls were rated before cut off...

Making $100 a week on qa is not really a big ish like some people here feel. Once u take ur time to study and find ways to improve then you'll definitely be able to cash out big on a weekly basis.

For those asking if qa transcription can be a full time; Yes, it definitely can if u put ur heart to it.

For those that believe the platform is rigged against Africans; I am an African(Nigerian) and I made $81 last week (minus bonus) with back to back 5 and 4 ratings. If you believe they edit ur transcript after u submit, trust me, you will get frustrated and won't be able to take full advantage of qa transcription.

The tin dat has really kept me going is the fact dat I believe whatever a filipino can do, I can do much better because I am a Nigerian

Yeah. Good work!

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 7:49pm On Aug 01, 2019
Biggieboy:

Making $100 a week on qa is not really a big ish like some people here feel. Once u take ur time to study and find ways to improve then you'll definitely be able to cash out big on a weekly basis.

For those asking if qa transcription can be a full time; Yes, it definitely can if u put ur heart to it.

For those that believe the platform is rigged against Africans; I am an African(Nigerian) and I made $81 last week (minus bonus) with back to back 5 and 4 ratings. If you believe they edit ur transcript after u submit, trust me, you will get frustrated and won't be able to take full advantage of qa transcription.

The tin dat has really kept me going is the fact dat I believe whatever a filipino can do, I can do much better because I am a Nigerian
Don't mind them blaming the system instead of taking responsibility

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by hausadreturn(m): 8:19pm On Aug 01, 2019
Biggieboy:

OMG!
This is some crazy s-h- it!!! shocked shocked shocked

I really have to give it to you.
Jeez!!!

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by psyqs(m): 8:33pm On Aug 01, 2019
hausadreturn:
OMG!
This is some crazy s-h- it!!! shocked shocked shocked

I really have to give it to you.
Jeez!!!

Man, that's some serious work there. I salute the guy.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 8:42pm On Aug 01, 2019
collinshush:

I loaded 2k before trying to link it. The bank deducted ₦1050 for card.

You still not answered my question. Have you resolved yours?
Yes. Yesterday
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Playz(m): 9:25pm On Aug 01, 2019
6 Transcripts still not rated since morning. Anyone else experiencing same?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Ogaemmy: 9:56pm On Aug 01, 2019
damtan:
Did the test just now and I passed it once. Right on the line of action

Which of the comment/text above did you use in your test. Can you mention it please?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by hausadreturn(m): 10:35pm On Aug 01, 2019
Playz:
This is not a problem. It should not deter you from picking other jobs. FAQ says so.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by hausadreturn(m): 11:51pm On Aug 01, 2019
Biggieboy:

Meanwhile, for the sake of further learning, I need some tips.
That feat up there is no joke.

It's not only about determination.
Tell us something we don't know.

Do you use a phone...
Are there certain times that you pick calls...
Just tell us something.

4 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by collinshush: 1:12am On Aug 02, 2019
nwafresh:

Yes. Yesterday

I just tried it now and it linked. So I have equally confirmed it.

It wasn't because of the address or whatever, I will believe it's from PayPal.
For those who haven't linked and confirmed theirs successfully, just keep trying, it will go through as far as you have loaded your card.

I really appreciate everyone here. Kudos to you guys.

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by luv2rolly(m): 3:06am On Aug 02, 2019
is this too late to join?

drawnobet:
Yes you can be self employed anywhere you are in the country transcribing for a living.

This thread will teach you everything you need to know to start up and the tools needed to deliver the goods.

You would need

1. A PC, tab or mobile phone
2. Affordable internet connection
3. Good head phones
4 Good command of English

Everything else can be learned on this thread. For those of us who have already started transcribing, we're welcome to share our ideas here so that this can be our online community.

To avoid this thread being banned, kindly let us adhere to all the rules of Nairaland.

Should we want to share screenshots, kindly let's block the company and important call info.

Also all forms of advertising is prohibited and will be reported.

Edited 9/7/2019 posted by samsard for newbies. Once you master these, the rest go easy

E.g
Rep: I was gonna, uhmmm, I was gonna tell ya about, about the new product we launched.
What they need: I was going to tell you about the new product we launched.

Punctuation: Hello, Philip. It's Emily calling from CLH Group. How're you doing today?
Cust: I'm fine, thank you. And how are you?

Longer calls will be more complex in terms of punctuation but for a start
A comma before and after a name in mid sentence. A comma before or after a name in salutation.
You're also allowed MINOR corrections for making clear transcripts.
Anyway, read through the FAQ and regularly Consult it while working at least till you acquaint yourself with it's detail

All full company names, PayPal email addresses and screenshots that include confidential company information must not be shared on this thread and will be reported
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by drawnobet(m): 4:41am On Aug 02, 2019
luv2rolly:
is this too late to join?

No, it's not. We still got paid yesterday. Check the post below for motivation
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by drawnobet(m): 5:11am On Aug 02, 2019
Biggieboy:

Sweet! That's like 100k a month after deducting fuel and shayo money. Can't wait to see one of us on the Week's Leaderboard so we can tag Arlen grin Congratulations!

3 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 7:25am On Aug 02, 2019
collinshush:

For those who haven't linked and confirmed theirs successfully, just keep trying, it will go through as far as you have loaded your card.

That's the spirit bro..
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by odizeey(m): 7:48am On Aug 02, 2019
Playz:
me too. Since yesterday evening. I no sleep well.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by odizeey(m): 7:49am On Aug 02, 2019
hausadreturn:
This is not a problem. It should not deter you from picking other jobs. FAQ says so.
what if 1,2 con dey, how person go to do am
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by dgee1(m): 8:23am On Aug 02, 2019
AS Hausadreturn said, please say something to us, bro grin. Thanks.

Biggieboy:

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Playz(m): 10:30am On Aug 02, 2019
@Biggieboy
hausadreturn:

Do you use a phone...
Just tell us something.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by ericbertrand(m): 1:00pm On Aug 02, 2019
Q

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 1:00pm On Aug 02, 2019
odizeey:
me too. Since yesterday evening. I no sleep well.
I can relate. The fear ofnpoor rating and a possible redo will keep sleep far from you, till the job is rated. grin grin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 1:03pm On Aug 02, 2019
ericbertrand:
I was working on a call about 10 minutes ago. I couldn't hear the customer. she had this bedroom voice and I had exhausted all my release tokens. I got angry and started transcribing rubbish. Guess what, I was rated 5. lol. unbelievable
Hmmm... System glitch..?!
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 1:11pm On Aug 02, 2019
ericbertrand:
I was working on a call about 10 minutes ago. I couldn't hear the customer. she had this bedroom voice and I had exhausted all my release tokens. I got angry and started transcribing rubbish. Guess what, I was rated 5. lol. unbelievable
Pray it doesn't get a re-audit. You could get kicked out for for consciously doing that twice!

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biritiko: 1:17pm On Aug 02, 2019
So , I got this quality rating notes ...
- Several grammar, punctuation, sentence construction/segmentation errors.
Please tell me how to work on all of these things .
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biggieboy: 1:29pm On Aug 02, 2019
hausadreturn:

Do you use a phone...
Just tell us something.

grin grin Lol. @ the bolded. You na boss for transcription na. Wot could I possibly tell u that u don't already know?

I make use of my phone and laptop. I use laptop when there is light or when my system is charged. I make use of my phone when my laptop is dead. I have a 30,000mAh power bank so I don't have to worry about my phone battery being low.

Are there certain times I pick calls?

Not really. I normally pick long fc uk(at least 20 mins) calls sha. I had to adapt to the fc uk accent because there are times that the only calls that are on queue some times. As long as the audio of the call is okay, I have no issue with it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by AGManuel: 1:37pm On Aug 02, 2019
Biggieboy:

grin grin Lol. @ the bolded. You na boss for transcription na. Wot could I possibly tell u that u don't already know?

I make use of my phone and laptop. I use laptop when there is light or when my system is charged. I make use of my phone when my laptop is dead. I have a 30,000mAh power bank so I don't have to worry about my phone battery being low.

Not really. I normally pick long fc uk(at least 20 mins) calls sha. I had to adapt to the fc uk accent because there are times that the only calls that are on queue some times. As long as the audio of the call is okay, I have no issue with it.

Apart from your earphones, do you use any other hearing aid or application to easily decipher the FC UK words or accent?

Coz it feels those FC UK calls are indecipherable to the African Ears and totally annoying. We keep wasting our tokens everyday on those calls coz of their dominance on the platform.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biggieboy: 1:38pm On Aug 02, 2019
collinshush:

The issue was not from paypal, bro.

U funded 2k and #1050 was debited for the card, leaving u with #950.

U linked ur card and paypal charged u #360 or something and you had just close to #600 left in ur card.

The reason why it was declined when u tried to confirm ur card is that u did not wait for the #360 deducted for the linking to be credited back to ur card. At the time u tried to confirm it, u had less than #700 and that was why u could not confirm it initially.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by hausadreturn(m): 1:40pm On Aug 02, 2019
Biggieboy:

Cool.
I just don't have the zeal and energy you have to do calls that long, lol.
And to think EPL is starting soon. Kuku kill me.

So, for phone, that technical keyboard works for you?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biggieboy: 1:41pm On Aug 02, 2019
AGManuel:

Apart from your earphones ,do you use any hearing aid or application to easily decipher their words or accent ?

No. I don't make use of hearing aid or applications.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biggieboy: 1:45pm On Aug 02, 2019
hausadreturn:
Cool.
I just don't have the zeal and energy you have to do calls that long, lol.
And to think EPL is starting soon. Kuku kill me.

So, for phone, that technical keyboard works for you?

I make use of it whenever I'm using my phone. I don't type with it, I just use it because of the esc key.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by hausadreturn(m): 1:46pm On Aug 02, 2019
ericbertrand:
OMG!
So, this was what Arlene was talking about initially. That Africans are the ones mostly giving bad returns.

This must be one of the reasons we can't get into Rev. cry
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by ericbertrand(m): 1:47pm On Aug 02, 2019
samsard:
Pray it doesn't get a re-audit. You could get kicked out for for consciously doing that twice!
It wasn't really rubbish. I just transcribed what I thought I heard. I'm sure the reviewer empathized with me. It was really ridiculous, felt like slapping the customer through my screen.
Thank God for small mercies.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by ericbertrand(m): 1:50pm On Aug 02, 2019
hausadreturn:
OMG!
So, this was what Arlene was talking about initially. That Africans are the ones mostly giving bad returns.

This must be one of the reasons we can't get into Rev. cry
The customer's voice was really low. I didn't transcribe rubbish. Just did what I could hear. I didn't invent words or that sort. I'm really careful with my stuff.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.